Tourstriker Planemate

After using my homemade one that worked pretty much the same it's def not worth the price at least for me, my swing is decent so it didn't do all that much for me. I would of used a couple times for fun and sold. I could tell by watching Martin explain how to use it, the positions he was going for and I could easily replicate without the aid. It is kind of interesting how you do still feel that resistance for about 5 mins after you take it off and swing though.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> After using my homemade one that worked pretty much the same it's def not worth the price at least for me, my swing is decent so it didn't do all that much for me. I would of used a couple times for fun and sold. I could tell by watching Martin explain how to use it, the positions he was going for and I could easily replicate without the aid. It is kind of interesting how you do still feel that resistance for about 5 mins after you take it off and swing though.

I don’t think you can replicate most of it without the bands imo because of the instant feedback. Imo, I think it’s going to make the coaches job so much easier and may actually reduce the amount of lessons given.

It really puts so many things in the right place. So you can focus on working on other things, while know you don’t have to worry about getting narrow or steep. I’m currently using my homemade version while practicing regaining flexion in my hips in transition. It’s really nice to make sure I’m not getting steep while doing that.

• Like 2

I do need help on ingraining the feeling of Protocol 3 - Rotation & Relocation in the full swing. That is actually my best drill, when I do it I pure the ball every time. However, what am I trying to replicate at the top in terms of that feeling? When I "relax" at the top it mainly feels like my right elbow drops to create shallowing, not that my wrist relaxes. My right hand feels like it lays off.

I am chipping and pitching like crazy, spin I didn't know I was capable of, but my full swing has been on and off (could also be me being fatigued and out of shape). That said I haven't actually gone full bore into using the full band planemate yet, I am trying to ingrain the feeling of Protocol 5 - Resist, Relax, and Rotate.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @airjammer said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > After using my homemade one that worked pretty much the same it's def not worth the price at least for me, my swing is decent so it didn't do all that much for me. I would of used a couple times for fun and sold. I could tell by watching Martin explain how to use it, the positions he was going for and I could easily replicate without the aid. It is kind of interesting how you do still feel that resistance for about 5 mins after you take it off and swing though.

>

> I don’t think you can replicate most of it without the bands imo because of the instant feedback. Imo, I think it’s going to make the coaches job so much easier and may actually reduce the amount of lessons given.

>

> It really puts so many things in the right place. So you can focus on working on other things, while know you don’t have to worry about getting narrow or steep. I’m currently using my homemade version while practicing regaining flexion in my hips in transition. It’s really nice to make sure I’m not getting steep while doing that.

>

>

yea, I think it will be good for the right people who need it and make it easier on them.

I've found that I can do the first few protocols pretty easily now when I stop at every position. It's when I try to take a full swing that I still fall apart at the follow through. It's a lot harder than I thought it'd be! My right arm really wants to outrace the left.

I think what I'll eventually need to do is film myself using the thing and compare it to some of Martin's videos to make sure that I'm actually hitting the right spots. It feels fantastic when I do it correctly.

Also, I definitely echo the sentiment that labeling the protocols by day ("Day 1", "Day 2", etc.) was a bad move. I see no harm in living within the first few protocols until you get really comfortable with the feelings.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Looks like Matt at TXG is seeing huge progress while using PM. I've always struggled with his kind of miss/flaw (being a bit handsy, having big over draws) and I see he's basically now hitting tiny fades.

So far it's working really well in my wedges and short irons, but it hasn't translated in to my longer clubs yet. It's cool though, if a swing change took effect in <2 weeks, I Think we'd all be on tour. Fully expect this to take at least a month or two to actually see concrete change.

• Like 2

I finished the Day 1 protocol last night, just feels doing GG "No Throws." You guys are right about the engrained feeling once you swing without the PM, it feels like your muscles still want to do the movement.

• Like 2

Ping 410 LST *9 (+1), HZRDUS Smoke Black 60R

Ping G *14.5 (+1), Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70S

Callaway Apex Hybrid '16 *20, Matrix Red Tie HQ3 S

Callaway Apex Hybrid '16 *23, Matrix Red Tie HQ3 S

Adams XTD Forged 5-GW, Recoil 780 es F4

Vokey SM7 *56.14 F, UST Recoil 110 F4 #8

Vokey SM7 *60.12 D, UST Recoil 110 F4 #8

Ping Anser 2 Karsten TR, KBS CT Tour Black PVD

Ordered mine on Wednesday and arrived today (in UK). Had a partial knee replacement 3 weeks ago and will wait until the end of October before I return to the course. Plan to use this in the meantime and see if I can surprise my buddies when I make my comeback.

• Like 1

All comments are made from the point of
view of my learning and not a claim
to expertise.

Also, I found myself hitting a few open-face shanks with the first band. It's really important to get the shaft attachment on perpendicular to the clubface and with the tension just right, so that the band doesn't create too much sideways resistance at impact which will pull the clubface open. It's not as easy to set-up as one would think.

• Like 1

Ping 410 LST *9 (+1), HZRDUS Smoke Black 60R

Ping G *14.5 (+1), Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70S

Callaway Apex Hybrid '16 *20, Matrix Red Tie HQ3 S

Callaway Apex Hybrid '16 *23, Matrix Red Tie HQ3 S

Adams XTD Forged 5-GW, Recoil 780 es F4

Vokey SM7 *56.14 F, UST Recoil 110 F4 #8

Vokey SM7 *60.12 D, UST Recoil 110 F4 #8

Ping Anser 2 Karsten TR, KBS CT Tour Black PVD

So, I just did my first session in a simulator with the PM (one week thus far of drills at home) and here are some causal observations:

The bad:

1) Hitting a ball with the PM on was no small feat. Basically crashed into the ball and went dead left and a bit of a worm burner. To be fair, I didn’t put the ball on a tee as they suggest, because the sim only had driver tees, but was a bit disappointed in not really being able to hit the ball.

2) Still struggling a bit with the “relax” segment of the swing, which is basically shallowing the club. Still not sure if I’m doing this move correctly

3) Didn’t see much improvement in terms of either distance or quality of the hit with my new moves, but to be fair, its only been Week One.

The good:

1) When I watched the TXG video on the PM with the guy who plays lefty, I heard him talk about keeping his hands going left and low on the follow through. I cant say that was anything anyone including the PM guys talked about with the PM, but when I got that part right, I immediately added a lot of distance to my irons. For me, that’s monumental and it was just that one move that made it happen. I’m normally 150 with my 7 iron and that’s where I was on the sim when I first started out, but after the “low/left” move, I actually had a handful that were 185 and a bunch at 175. I was actually blown away. The one thing I will need to work on is the ball kept going a bit left...wasn’t a dead pull which I’m sure added some yardage but if anyone has suggestions on that one would love to hear it.

Still a work in progress gents and as I said, only week one and will stick with it because I believe the view will be worth the climb:)

• Like 2

> @Redjeep83 said:

> I made one that worked exactly the same in like 15 mins. Had resistance bands laying around with a carabiner on the end. Had a Swingbyte from years ago that I used to clamp band to shaft. For the belt I just used some slick audio cord I had and tied around waist, didn’t put it through loops on my right side so carabiner could slide on it. Worked great.

>

>

I have an old Swingbyte lying around too. How did you attach your band/tube to the SB exactly?

• Like 1

Tsi3 7.25* Velocore Black 6x

Tsi3 16.5* Tensei Raw White 75x

TM P770 3i Velocore Black HB 9x

Mizuno YORO MP5 4-PW - Modus 120x

TM MG 51*, 55*

TM Hi Toe 64*

Yamada Emperor 34"

Snell MTBx

> @lhahn said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > I made one that worked exactly the same in like 15 mins. Had resistance bands laying around with a carabiner on the end. Had a Swingbyte from years ago that I used to clamp band to shaft. For the belt I just used some slick audio cord I had and tied around waist, didn’t put it through loops on my right side so carabiner could slide on it. Worked great.

> >

> >

>

> I have an old Swingbyte lying around too. How did you attach your band/tube to the SB exactly?

Swingbyte I have is the second gen one, basically just put rubber tube between shaft and swingbyte and clamped on, it doesn't move up on me

Got PM on the range today for first time. Have a few questions for you guys:

1)With just the wedge band... I was shanking the ball like crazy. The longer iron band it went well but I was just terrible with the short band. Here's how I had it set up. It felt like the force wanted to yank my club face open at impact? I kind of have short arms relative to my torso length so I wonder if there's too much tension on the band or something.

![](https://i.imgur.com/hjZTQiEl.jpg "")

2) Any tips for the finish/follow thru? I constantly keep finishing with the band on my bottom wrist, as opposed to on my top forearm, kind of like this:

![](https://i.imgur.com/YXfbKv1l.jpg "")

Do I just need to do the follow thru drill a million times (the higher finish one) or is this happening because I'm still not rotating enough?

• Like 1

Shanking, in my experience, is the aid diagnosing early extension. Perhaps the biggest benefit of the aid, for me, has been a distinct feel reference for staying in my spine angle long enough to make good contact.

I’m a little disoriented by the narrow field of view and your left handedness, but the band should be on the other side when you finish. It looks like you’ve flipped and the band has passed under your hands instead of staying to the left of your left wrist. Try the “fries to pizza” video posted earlier. If you keep the wedge long enough into the finish it should work.

It’s funny, now that I watch the pros through the PlaneMate lens I can see what it does and why. I watched one of Adam Scott’s shots and saw the hands low and left and the club high in a way that I haven’t before.

• Like 2

> @howellhandmade said:

> Shanking, in my experience, is the aid diagnosing early extension. Perhaps the biggest benefit of the aid, for me, has been a distinct feel reference for staying in my spine angle long enough to make good contact.

>

> I’m a little disoriented by the narrow field of view and your left handedness, but the band should be on the other side when you finish. It looks like you’ve flipped and the band has passed under your hands instead of staying to the left of your left wrist. Try the “fries to pizza” video posted earlier. If you keep the wedge long enough into the finish it should work.

>

> It’s funny, now that I watch the pros through the PlaneMate lens I can see what it does and why. I watched one of Adam Scott’s shots and saw the hands low and left and the club high in a way that I haven’t before.

Thing is I don't think I'm hitting it off the hosel, I think It's actually going off the toe. I don't really struggle with EE too much anymore because as soon as I took the belt off and went to the longer band, my contact seemed fine, although I was dealing with my little flippy hand issue as you see.

I did get probably 2 shots where the band landed on my bottom forearm like it's supposed to and the flight was so pure.... Dead straight, which I'm not used to seeing (usually a draw or pull draw). Guess I need to do a bunch of reps every day to just ingrain the motion of really rotating hard and keeping my hands more passive.

I’m in the same or a similar boat here. Can’t really hit balls w the PM. Im actually a decent ball striker to begin with but w the PM on, i basically crash into the ball, ball goes dead left and literally a worm burner. I’m also not putting the ball in a tee as recommended so that might be causing the issue but a bit frustrating to think you’re in all the right positions but can’t hit the ball.

Might be too much tension on the band or something else but def frustrating.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> I’m in the same or a similar boat here. Can’t really hit balls w the PM. Im actually a decent ball striker to begin with but w the PM on, i basically crash into the ball, ball goes dead left and literally a worm burner. I’m also not putting the ball in a tee as recommended so that might be causing the issue but a bit frustrating to think you’re in all the right positions but can’t hit the ball.

>

> Might be too much tension on the band or something else but def frustrating.

If you mean longer shots, I’m with you, but the PM enforces one (correct, if the pros are to believed) kind of swing and makes every other kind nearly impossible. If you want to go the direction it goes, I think it is uniquely effective. But there are lots of golfers who hit it solidly and are happy with their games doing something different. If you are a dedicated Swing Your Swing player, the PM might not work out.

Personally, I’ve struggled for years with inside takeaway, super shut and across the line at the top, EE to shallow and letting go of the club at the top, regripping on the way down. On a good day the flaws balance each other but it all depends on how I’m timing everything on the day/hour/minute so I’m horribly inconsistent. For me, the PM offers a pivot to address several flaws at once. I’m willing to stick with it, but then I can’t say that I’m a decent ball striker now so I have nothing to lose and initial results would indicate that I have much to gain. I have yet to hit more than short chips with the PM on, but my last two rounds I basically eliminated my left miss with irons.

• Like 2

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> I’m in the same or a similar boat here. Can’t really hit balls w the PM. Im actually a decent ball striker to begin with but w the PM on, i basically crash into the ball, ball goes dead left and literally a worm burner. I’m also not putting the ball in a tee as recommended so that might be causing the issue but a bit frustrating to think you’re in all the right positions but can’t hit the ball.

>

> Might be too much tension on the band or something else but def frustrating.

If you feel there is too much tension, likely getting disconnected and it’s working exactly as it should. I can hit some very crisp pitches with the chipping band on (actually have yet to try the full length). You can always try moving the clamp up a bit, but I def feel the stretch when addressing the ball but can hit balls no problem. When I hit one cranky (which I absolutely do as well), I focus even more on the pivot and rotation through the ball

• Like 2