Tourstriker Planemate

> @Nickc said:

> Just watched the video re driver - funny thing was the next video that came up after was Julian Mellor on the Easiest Swing in Golf & first thing he mentioned was ensuring there is no tension in the arms - so my question is does keeping the planemate band slightly stretched/taught in back swing increase tension in the arms? If so does the instruction to release the tension in the band at the transition by laying off the club have a positive effect of releasing any tension in the arms for the remainder of the swing - though would I be correct in assuming the tension returns as the band re stretches.

They aren’t talking about tension in the arms. It’s tension on the band and a solid structure in the arms...not to tight but not to loose.

• Like 1

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Nickc said:

> > Just watched the video re driver - funny thing was the next video that came up after was Julian Mellor on the Easiest Swing in Golf & first thing he mentioned was ensuring there is no tension in the arms - so my question is does keeping the planemate band slightly stretched/taught in back swing increase tension in the arms? If so does the instruction to release the tension in the band at the transition by laying off the club have a positive effect of releasing any tension in the arms for the remainder of the swing - though would I be correct in assuming the tension returns as the band re stretches.

>

> They aren’t talking about tension in the arms. It’s tension on the band and a solid structure in the arms...not to tight but not to loose.

In videos says gives arms (presume muscles) a bit of a work out when stretching the band - & this was what my assumption was based upon - did I misunderstand?

> @Nickc said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Nickc said:

> > > Just watched the video re driver - funny thing was the next video that came up after was Julian Mellor on the Easiest Swing in Golf & first thing he mentioned was ensuring there is no tension in the arms - so my question is does keeping the planemate band slightly stretched/taught in back swing increase tension in the arms? If so does the instruction to release the tension in the band at the transition by laying off the club have a positive effect of releasing any tension in the arms for the remainder of the swing - though would I be correct in assuming the tension returns as the band re stretches.

> >

> > They aren’t talking about tension in the arms. It’s tension on the band and a solid structure in the arms...not to tight but not to loose.

>

> In videos says gives arms (presume muscles) a bit of a work out when stretching the band - & this was what my assumption was based upon - did I misunderstand?

When using, yes it will be an arm workout but it actually helps you relax when you take it off. I suffer from being too tight and gripping on hard and I've even found that this helps with that as well.

• Like 1

> @Nickc said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Nickc said:

> > > Just watched the video re driver - funny thing was the next video that came up after was Julian Mellor on the Easiest Swing in Golf & first thing he mentioned was ensuring there is no tension in the arms - so my question is does keeping the planemate band slightly stretched/taught in back swing increase tension in the arms? If so does the instruction to release the tension in the band at the transition by laying off the club have a positive effect of releasing any tension in the arms for the remainder of the swing - though would I be correct in assuming the tension returns as the band re stretches.

> >

> > They aren’t talking about tension in the arms. It’s tension on the band and a solid structure in the arms...not to tight but not to loose.

>

> In videos says gives arms (presume muscles) a bit of a work out when stretching the band - & this was what my assumption was based upon - did I misunderstand?

Yeah you are using the arms pushing away from the body to add tension to the band. You will get a workout using this device but you aren’t adding or putting tension/tightness on the arms.

• Like 1

> @Schnee said:

> Does anyone else feel the sensation that the club wants to go across the line after taking the belt off?

yes

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
2 & 4 iron: Callaway X Utility 18* & 24* w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
5-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
Putter: Odyssey 2 ball XG 40" Armlock w/ winn grip and triple track alignment

Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement

> @Nickc said:

> Ah - thanks again. Probably not for me as my aim is to eliminate the hit impulse by retaining feeling of relaxed arms throughout swing. In the main does rear it's head -though sometimes still does particularly for some reason when using an iron off the tee!

> Again thanks for confirming my assumption from the videos.

Proper use of the PM encourages good rotation through impact and beyond. When used properly the PM virtually eliminates the "hit" impulse. You can't hit at the ball and maintain the proper sequence and rotation of the body through impact that is encouraged by use of the PM. The tension caused by the band is quite subtle. I don't find that it in any way encourages tension in the arms. I certainly don't feel any more tension in my arms/upper body when using the PM than without. On the contrary, the only time tension on the band becomes quite noticeable is when the sequencing/rotation is done incorrectly.

• Like 2

> @ironcat said:

> > @Kennybg said:

> > This seems to have been well received and I'm very interested, although like many I'm put off by the price. I have however ordered the cheaper Tour Striker Smart Ball which seems to address similar swing issues. For anyone who has used both, what does the Planemate do for your swing which the Smart Ball doesn't?

>

> Totally different to be honest

> @ironcat said:

> > @Kennybg said:

> > This seems to have been well received and I'm very interested, although like many I'm put off by the price. I have however ordered the cheaper Tour Striker Smart Ball which seems to address similar swing issues. For anyone who has used both, what does the Planemate do for your swing which the Smart Ball doesn't?

>

> @ironcat said:

> > @Kennybg said:

>

Can you expand on your answer? I’m on the same page as Kennybg at the moment...

> @pusb365 said:

> Well this has improved my swing massively already.

>

> I have done some slow mo stuff at home with no ball, then half an hour with it on the range, followed by a couple of hours with it today. So barely any time really but it's already had a big effect on me.

>

> The main reason I bought it was to fix my inside take away. I've had it my whole golfing life and never been able to get rid of it. I've had a few lessons where the pro has fixed it temporarily in the lesson, but as soon as I went to the range on my own I'd lose all the feels and back to sucking it inside.

>

> Well here is a swing from two weeks ago, along with a swing today after a few hours on the Plane Mate:

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/YZUtfVP.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/mJ6qGzW.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/BcmObgA.png "")

>

> Inside take away magically disappeared, and got me in a much better position at the top.

>

>

> It also seems to have got me more rotation (you can see more of my butt), plus less clubface rotation in the follow through...

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/oxZDei1.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/AgRBaG2.png "")

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/4Zthh8e.png "")

>

>

> Not bad for a few hours work I'd say...

>

I'm not seeing any difference on downswing and impact. (last 3 pics). Can someone enlighten me on what we are seeing here.....

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

> @bogeypro said:

> > @pusb365 said:

> > Well this has improved my swing massively already.

> >

> > I have done some slow mo stuff at home with no ball, then half an hour with it on the range, followed by a couple of hours with it today. So barely any time really but it's already had a big effect on me.

> >

> > The main reason I bought it was to fix my inside take away. I've had it my whole golfing life and never been able to get rid of it. I've had a few lessons where the pro has fixed it temporarily in the lesson, but as soon as I went to the range on my own I'd lose all the feels and back to sucking it inside.

> >

> > Well here is a swing from two weeks ago, along with a swing today after a few hours on the Plane Mate:

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/YZUtfVP.png "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/mJ6qGzW.png "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BcmObgA.png "")

> >

> > Inside take away magically disappeared, and got me in a much better position at the top.

> >

> >

> > It also seems to have got me more rotation (you can see more of my butt), plus less clubface rotation in the follow through...

> >

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/oxZDei1.png "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/AgRBaG2.png "")

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/4Zthh8e.png "")

> >

> >

> > Not bad for a few hours work I'd say...

> >

>

> I'm not seeing any difference on downswing and impact. (last 3 pics). Can someone enlighten me on what we are seeing here.....

Look at the plane of the shaft at post impact, lower shaft plane, which is going to be more of a body release action.

• Like 1

> @jkbroker said:

> > @bogeypro said:

> > > @pusb365 said:

> > > Well this has improved my swing massively already.

> > >

> > > I have done some slow mo stuff at home with no ball, then half an hour with it on the range, followed by a couple of hours with it today. So barely any time really but it's already had a big effect on me.

> > >

> > > The main reason I bought it was to fix my inside take away. I've had it my whole golfing life and never been able to get rid of it. I've had a few lessons where the pro has fixed it temporarily in the lesson, but as soon as I went to the range on my own I'd lose all the feels and back to sucking it inside.

> > >

> > > Well here is a swing from two weeks ago, along with a swing today after a few hours on the Plane Mate:

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/YZUtfVP.png "")

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/mJ6qGzW.png "")

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/BcmObgA.png "")

> > >

> > > Inside take away magically disappeared, and got me in a much better position at the top.

> > >

> > >

> > > It also seems to have got me more rotation (you can see more of my butt), plus less clubface rotation in the follow through...

> > >

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/oxZDei1.png "")

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/AgRBaG2.png "")

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/4Zthh8e.png "")

> > >

> > >

> > > Not bad for a few hours work I'd say...

> > >

> >

> > I'm not seeing any difference on downswing and impact. (last 3 pics). Can someone enlighten me on what we are seeing here.....

>

> Look at the plane of the shaft at post impact, lower shaft plane, which is going to be more of a body release action.

Could be an illusion though, right? Camera angles looks slightly different to my eye.

Either way the dude has a pretty sweet action.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Haven’t gotten to range with PM yet but have done protocols 1-5 around the house and I can already feel and see a steeper and deeper backswing as well as better extension on my follow through. Like the pic above, I get l flat/across the chest when I don’t practice and the PM seems to wake up the right muscles to put my hands and arms in the right places. Can’t wait to get to the range and see how this goes. Thanks a lot WRX!

> @"Ping Zings" said:

> Does it put much stain on the left shoulder?

Pretty sure you mean "strain'. Anyway, I got the PM today and did the day 1 protocol. My left shoulder was fine afterwards. However, the main muscle group it seemed to affect was my left forearm and lower back to a lesser degree. Please note though, I'm an out of shape older guy LOL. Someone young and athletic might not notice it in the left forearm as much (assuming a right handed golfer).

• Like 1

Further to my post a week or so ago (which has been quoted again on this page), I hit the range again today for the first time since that post.

P2 and P6 upgrades:

![](https://i.imgur.com/u14Vh2O_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium "")

![](https://i.imgur.com/PeD6bPV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium "")

This thing is legit!!

• Like 2

Instead of hitting the range before my round I did my normal stretching routine and then did the PlaneMate protocols 1 through 5 and then headed to the first tee and proceeded to have one of the best ball striking days I’ve had in a while.

I ended up shooting my lowest round in months today (75) after watching my handicap balloon from 1.8 to 4.6 (legitimately I had been playing like an 8-10 handicap). I don’t think I’ve ever driven the ball this well and I was able to go full out at the ball without concern the ball would go OB which was truly a liberating experience. Best thing was it could have easily been an under par had a few more putts decided to drop instead of lip out, but so goes the game of golf.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Finally got to full swing protocol, where it all starts to come together. My deal is I have to stop practicing so much indoors and start bringing it to the range. I’m sure there’s a big difference between the two.

Played 2 rounds this weekend and can’t attest to massive changes in my swing or score but at the same time, haven’t really looked to incorporate the PM moves until I feel more comfortable with them.

Q: Are others here thinking about the PM swing during rounds or just letting it happen?

• Like 2

So I made one this weekend, took about an hour and cost 30 euros. I used a nylon weight training belt, a brass hindge + M6 20mm bolts and steel rod for the belt, and tubular banding for bands. It's very simple to make the belt, and a bit more tricky for the club attachment. Seems to be very sturdy and I imagine works just like the real thing.

If anyone wants photos or instructions then you can message me - I don't think I'll post them here.

• Like 1

> @BdaGolfer said:

> Went to buy one earlier this evening and both the US and Canadian sites are out of stock until January. I'll just have to live vicariously through others for now.

In shock that they are sold out in US and Canada. Bought one from the UK site. Much more expensive obviously ($246 including shipping) but really don’t want to wait until January. I think it is still worth it.

> @Golfbeat said:

> > @BdaGolfer said:

> > Went to buy one earlier this evening and both the US and Canadian sites are out of stock until January. I'll just have to live vicariously through others for now.

>

> In shock that they are sold out in US and Canada. Bought one from the UK site. Much more expensive obviously ($246 including shipping) but really don’t want to wait until January. I think it is still worth it.

>

>

Hottest training device the golf world has seen in some time. Every on line youtube reviewer has something to say about the PM and it’s all very positive...when has that ever happened in the past?

Something tells me they were not prepared for this level of demand.

• Like 3

> @JoMoFo said:

> > @ironcat said:

> > > @Kennybg said:

> > > This seems to have been well received and I'm very interested, although like many I'm put off by the price. I have however ordered the cheaper Tour Striker Smart Ball which seems to address similar swing issues. For anyone who has used both, what does the Planemate do for your swing which the Smart Ball doesn't?

> >

> > Totally different to be honest

> Can you expand on your answer? I’m on the same page as Kennybg at the moment...

Well for starters you can easily whip it inside and underplane with the ball between your arms, whereas you need to retain tension in the planemate which prevents this from happening. It also helps wrist conditions as you can fan it inside either, again the ball doesn't have any effect on wrist action.

Apples to Oranges.

I’m about to complete Day 7 protocol but there’s not much direction about what happens post the 7 days.

Are you guys just starting over from Day One or just keep practicing full swing motions. A bit weird for me that I couldn’t find anything more specific about what happens after Day 7 unless I missed something.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @Golfbeat said:

> > > @BdaGolfer said:

> > > Went to buy one earlier this evening and both the US and Canadian sites are out of stock until January. I'll just have to live vicariously through others for now.

> >

> > In shock that they are sold out in US and Canada. Bought one from the UK site. Much more expensive obviously ($246 including shipping) but really don’t want to wait until January. I think it is still worth it.

> >

> >

>

> Hottest training device the golf world has seen in some time. Every on line youtube reviewer has something to say about the PM and it’s all very positive...when has that ever happened in the past?

>

> Something tells me they were not prepared for this level of demand.

Agree on the demand. They sold out of the first 2-3 pre orders quickly. The last one they seemed to overstock compared to the initial ones and finally sold out

• Like 1

> @SkolGolfTN said:

> Have had PM for 3 weeks. Am now able to feel the difference between a good exit post impact and a compromised exit with 3/4 wedge shots. PM protocols 1-3 doing work. I believe #3 is more critical than I originally realized due to the wrist angles you are working through to hit your finishing positions.

I tend to treat the finish as an after thought which is a mistake. I am so caught up in getting the backswing and initial downswing right that I often screw up the follow up position.

> @BdaGolfer said:

> Went to buy one earlier this evening and both the US and Canadian sites are out of stock until January. I'll just have to live vicariously through others for now.

Yeah I saw that too. Makes feel bad that I bought 1 that arrived last week, & I haven't even touched yet.

• Like 1

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*