Tourstriker Planemate

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > Have had PM for 3 weeks. Am now able to feel the difference between a good exit post impact and a compromised exit with 3/4 wedge shots. PM protocols 1-3 doing work. I believe #3 is more critical than I originally realized due to the wrist angles you are working through to hit your finishing positions.

>

> I tend to treat the finish as an after thought which is a mistake. I am so caught up in getting the backswing and initial downswing right that I often screw up the follow up position.

>

When I really started to get it my simple swing thought was to get to the proper finish. Now I basically just think takeaway outside the hand and get to the finish and I am hitting the ball really really well.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

Well, if anyone has one for sale please send me a PM!> @juggernaut0629 said:

> > @BdaGolfer said:

> > Went to buy one earlier this evening and both the US and Canadian sites are out of stock until January. I'll just have to live vicariously through others for now.

>

> Yeah I saw that too. Makes feel bad that I bought 1 that arrived last week, & I haven't even touched yet.

Well if you want to sell it, lmk!

I'm trying to make one of these myself - $160 is way too much for a couple of rubber bands and some clips.

Right now I am just taping some old pieces of resistance band tubing like these - $3 a set from China:

![](https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1UiKnXvvsK1RjSspdq6AZepXar.jpg_220x220q90.jpg_.webp "")

to a club shaft and hooking the end to my belt.

I'll work out a better way to attach the band to the club, and it should be easy enough to bolt a bit of plastic rail to an old belt to make it slide properly. Some trial and error will get this working, but it anyone cares to share the measurements of the bands and give a rough estimate on how much tension to build in, I'd be grateful.

I'm guessing Tour Striker are probably using the same generic green and red Chinese bands anyway - mine are marked 15lb (green) and 20lb (red) and are around 4ft long.

• Like 1

Great first post. I'm a mechanical engineer, I reverse engineer plenty of things for the fun of it. The biggest issue of replicating anything is one off fabrication can be very expensive, the economies of scale are what come into play, even when it seems like the actual material cost will be low. With that being said I was happy to pay my $160 for this one. Good luck on your venture.

• Like 1

The green band from the $3 exercise set does appear to work OK. I just tied it to the club shaft with a knot about half way up - pulled tight and doubled over it holds it securely enough to do the day 1 protocol. Tension seems just about right - not too slack, not too tight.

For the day 1 protocol, you don't seem to need the full slide rail effect - so simply clipping the band to my right-hand trouser belt loop works fine.

For more full swings, I'll need to work out a better means of clipping the band to the shaft and work on the slide rail. This is looking promising:

![](https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41rgJiggDSL._AA50_.jpg "")

TEKTON 6268 Tarp Clip - $6 for 4

• Like 1

Can’t hate on the people doing home made prototypes!

For me it’s just so much easier to pay for the real McCoy, just like I can’t see myself buying fake Prada or Chanel for the wife even though it looks close to the real deal. I believe you pay people for their intellectual property and the patents, but to each his/her own.

Separate note: wondering why they made both the short band and the longer band the same color?? Makes it a bit tough to figure out which band they’re using in the protocols unless they say which band is in use. A couple times I grabbed the long band thinking it was the short band and vice versa.

> @kobe123 said:

> Well, if anyone has one for sale please send me a PM!> @juggernaut0629 said:

> > > @BdaGolfer said:

> > > Went to buy one earlier this evening and both the US and Canadian sites are out of stock until January. I'll just have to live vicariously through others for now.

> >

> > Yeah I saw that too. Makes feel bad that I bought 1 that arrived last week, & I haven't even touched yet.

>

> Well if you want to sell it, lmk!

Sorry, you're SOL. I can't see myself waiting for another until January 2020.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Got mines on Saturday.. finished days 1 - 3 Saturday and Sunday. Going to work on 4-5 today.. The feel is completely different, your finish at impact and follow through is so odd but ball striking has never been easier.

I would recommend doing this into a net. I'm sure, early on, its better not knowing where your ball is going etc. You won't be hitting them well until your body adjusts.

Well, if anyone has one for sale please send me a PM!> @juggernaut0629 said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > Well, if anyone has one for sale please send me a PM!> @juggernaut0629 said:

> > > > @BdaGolfer said:

> > > > Went to buy one earlier this evening and both the US and Canadian sites are out of stock until January. I'll just have to live vicariously through others for now.

> > >

> > > Yeah I saw that too. Makes feel bad that I bought 1 that arrived last week, & I haven't even touched yet.

> >

> > Well if you want to sell it, lmk!

>

> Sorry, you're SOL. I can't see myself waiting for another until January 2020.

I'll find one on the used market, until then I have a band that I can wrap around the pivot point of the shafted and then loop in my belt buckle. Not a big deal to mean. I don't have a problem shallowing the club anyways.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> Can’t hate on the people doing home made prototypes!

>

> For me it’s just so much easier to pay for the real McCoy, just like I can’t see myself buying fake Prada or Chanel for the wife even though it looks close to the real deal. I believe you pay people for their intellectual property and the patents, but to each his/her own.

>

> Separate note: wondering why they made both the short band and the longer band the same color?? Makes it a bit tough to figure out which band they’re using in the protocols unless they say which band is in use. A couple times I grabbed the long band thinking it was the short band and vice versa.

They mention in the video they are using the chipping band. You can also tell the difference based on where it attaches to the club. They have a video or instructions on where to attach each band

Finally had the chance to get into my PM.

really discouraged on the construction of this. The guide rail is plastic? This is going to break at some point. How many guys are going to be happy if theirs break in a month or 2 of use?

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

> @juggernaut0629 said:

> Finally had the chance to get into my PM.

> really discouraged on the construction of this. The guide rail is plastic? This is going to break at some point. How many guys are going to be happy if theirs break in a month or 2 of use?

Not worried about it, it’s plenty thick and not a long of stress on it really.

> @Shanky_McShankface said:

> I'm trying to make one of these myself - $160 is way too much for a couple of rubber bands and some clips.

>

> Right now I am just taping some old pieces of resistance band tubing like these - $3 a set from China:

>

> ![](https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1UiKnXvvsK1RjSspdq6AZepXar.jpg_220x220q90.jpg_.webp "")

>

> to a club shaft and hooking the end to my belt.

>

> I'll work out a better way to attach the band to the club, and it should be easy enough to bolt a bit of plastic rail to an old belt to make it slide properly. Some trial and error will get this working, but it anyone cares to share the measurements of the bands and give a rough estimate on how much tension to build in, I'd be grateful.

>

> I'm guessing Tour Striker are probably using the same generic green and red Chinese bands anyway - mine are marked 15lb (green) and 20lb (red) and are around 4ft long.

>

>

you need the lightest band which is about 2.3KG, the red and green are too strong. Length is irrelevent as really you need to measure to your body size, you want just enough tension to hold the club

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > Can’t hate on the people doing home made prototypes!

> >

> > For me it’s just so much easier to pay for the real McCoy, just like I can’t see myself buying fake Prada or Chanel for the wife even though it looks close to the real deal. I believe you pay people for their intellectual property and the patents, but to each his/her own.

> >

> > Separate note: wondering why they made both the short band and the longer band the same color?? Makes it a bit tough to figure out which band they’re using in the protocols unless they say which band is in use. A couple times I grabbed the long band thinking it was the short band and vice versa.

>

> They mention in the video they are using the chipping band. You can also tell the difference based on where it attaches to the club. They have a video or instructions on where to attach each band

I get that but why the same color for two different bands? And to be fair, they don’t specify in each video which band they have in use. Just makes it a bit more confusing.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > Can’t hate on the people doing home made prototypes!

> > >

> > > For me it’s just so much easier to pay for the real McCoy, just like I can’t see myself buying fake Prada or Chanel for the wife even though it looks close to the real deal. I believe you pay people for their intellectual property and the patents, but to each his/her own.

> > >

> > > Separate note: wondering why they made both the short band and the longer band the same color?? Makes it a bit tough to figure out which band they’re using in the protocols unless they say which band is in use. A couple times I grabbed the long band thinking it was the short band and vice versa.

> >

> > They mention in the video they are using the chipping band. You can also tell the difference based on where it attaches to the club. They have a video or instructions on where to attach each band

>

> I get that but why the same color for two different bands? And to be fair, they don’t specify in each video which band they have in use. Just makes it a bit more confusing.

It’s been awhile since I watched the protocol videos but what I remember they start off day 1 saying they have the green chipping band and either in that video or in the intro video they mention the 7 day protocol is done with the chipping band and in day 3 or 4 they talk about using the chipping band because they want to prevent people from taking full swings.

Either on the planemate page and/or the instruction manual they show to clip the chipping band 4-6” down the club and the full swing green and red get connected at the balance point on the shaft. So looking at the videos you will see they are done with the short band and that it’s connected near the grip vice further down the shaft.

I don’t font it confusing at all and to me it was all spelled out pretty clearly in the videos and material.

• Like 1

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > Can’t hate on the people doing home made prototypes!

> > > >

> > > > For me it’s just so much easier to pay for the real McCoy, just like I can’t see myself buying fake Prada or Chanel for the wife even though it looks close to the real deal. I believe you pay people for their intellectual property and the patents, but to each his/her own.

> > > >

> > > > Separate note: wondering why they made both the short band and the longer band the same color?? Makes it a bit tough to figure out which band they’re using in the protocols unless they say which band is in use. A couple times I grabbed the long band thinking it was the short band and vice versa.

> > >

> > > They mention in the video they are using the chipping band. You can also tell the difference based on where it attaches to the club. They have a video or instructions on where to attach each band

> >

> > I get that but why the same color for two different bands? And to be fair, they don’t specify in each video which band they have in use. Just makes it a bit more confusing.

>

> It’s been awhile since I watched the protocol videos but what I remember they start off day 1 saying they have the green chipping band and either in that video or in the intro video they mention the 7 day protocol is done with the chipping band and in day 3 or 4 they talk about using the chipping band because they want to prevent people from taking full swings.

>

> Either on the planemate page and/or the instruction manual they show to clip the chipping band 4-6” down the club and the full swing green and red get connected at the balance point on the shaft. So looking at the videos you will see they are done with the short band and that it’s connected near the grip vice further down the shaft.

>

> I don’t font it confusing at all and to me it was all spelled out pretty clearly in the videos and material.

Yes, I get that, but still unsure why they would not have had 2 different colored bands, one color for chipping and another color for full swing so there’s zero confusion both in videos and for all of us using the device.

I Went to the range this weekend and in a bit of a rush grabbed the short green band that I thought was the full swing green band. Ended up having to work on first couple protocols which wasn’t a terrible thing, but kinda pissed me off.

I'm pretty sure the bands are the same color because they have the same tension. With resistance bands, which these are, there's usually a pretty standard color scheme. Green is light resistance, red has more resistance, and black has the most resistance. I'm pretty positive that the bands are just standard resistance bands cut to size. If you go on Amazon, you'll find a million identical resistance bands pumped out of the same Chinese manufacturing plants.

The bands are the least expensive part of the whole kit. What you're really paying for is the belt, the sliding bar thing, and the part that clips onto the club (and obviously the R&D and marketing and company overhead and whatnot...). I tried to make a makeshift version of my own before I bought the Planemate and felt like I got half of the way there. The hardest part was figuring out how to connect the band to the shaft. You have to tie the band on pretty tight to make sure it doesn't slide up and down the shaft, and doing so puts a lot of stress on the band. Despite being a bit of a tightwad, I was pretty happy forking over the $160, especially since this will basically be my personal teacher during the winter months.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Adding to the list to say that I am more than satisfied with the product. I may have actually purchased the last one in stock according to the person I spoke with on the phone (normally, I would be the first person to discover that an item had just sold out five minutes ago). My only critique is naming the practice protocols Day One, Day Two, etc. Rather, I would have suggested Phase One, Phase Two, etc. The general public always tends to interpret things very literally. In order to change and develop new neuromuscular patterns, it is going to take far more repetitions than just 30 of this or 30 of that. Therefore, nothing beneficial and long lasting can be established in one day.

• Like 1

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > > Can’t hate on the people doing home made prototypes!

> > > > >

> > > > > For me it’s just so much easier to pay for the real McCoy, just like I can’t see myself buying fake Prada or Chanel for the wife even though it looks close to the real deal. I believe you pay people for their intellectual property and the patents, but to each his/her own.

> > > > >

> > > > > Separate note: wondering why they made both the short band and the longer band the same color?? Makes it a bit tough to figure out which band they’re using in the protocols unless they say which band is in use. A couple times I grabbed the long band thinking it was the short band and vice versa.

> > > >

> > > > They mention in the video they are using the chipping band. You can also tell the difference based on where it attaches to the club. They have a video or instructions on where to attach each band

> > >

> > > I get that but why the same color for two different bands? And to be fair, they don’t specify in each video which band they have in use. Just makes it a bit more confusing.

> >

> > It’s been awhile since I watched the protocol videos but what I remember they start off day 1 saying they have the green chipping band and either in that video or in the intro video they mention the 7 day protocol is done with the chipping band and in day 3 or 4 they talk about using the chipping band because they want to prevent people from taking full swings.

> >

> > Either on the planemate page and/or the instruction manual they show to clip the chipping band 4-6” down the club and the full swing green and red get connected at the balance point on the shaft. So looking at the videos you will see they are done with the short band and that it’s connected near the grip vice further down the shaft.

> >

> > I don’t font it confusing at all and to me it was all spelled out pretty clearly in the videos and material.

>

> Yes, I get that, but still unsure why they would not have had 2 different colored bands, one color for chipping and another color for full swing so there’s zero confusion both in videos and for all of us using the device.

>

> I Went to the range this weekend and in a bit of a rush grabbed the short green band that I thought was the full swing green band. Ended up having to work on first couple protocols which wasn’t a terrible thing, but kinda pissed me off.

So far you are the only one I’ve seen comment on confusion on here and in social media posts. I could see grabbing the wrong band in confusion when heading to the range but that’s imo is lack of attention to detail, but in the videos it’s clear as day imo what band they are using.

Unsure if this was posted before, but an early days video of an actual lesson w Martin Chuck using the PM.

For me, it brought a lot of aha moments to light around certain feels w the PM and I thought it was cool because the guy getting the instruction could easily be one of us vs the professional sanitized videos on the website.

Just bear in mind that Martin doesn’t start his student with the PM until about 12:00.

Enjoy.

• Like 3

My first thoughts with my home made plane mate. Its excellent, love the feel I get when my wrists start to cock on the backswing, it forces me up, I've never felt that before. On the follow through it forces me to push the club away and get some extension, normally my left arm is stuck to my body. 30 reps a day over the winter will help enormously. I haven't hit a ball yet, and for what I want it for I may not even need to. If you buy or make your own I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Like 1