2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

LIVE UPDATES: The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee Event! Before/After Results Added!

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396914655' post='9041925']
It may be better but what I am trying to point out is that a person has to spend a ton of money to make it better. And off the rack vs off the rack I would bet the sldr would be worse than most.
[/quote]

But do you play an stock shaft?

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1396918224' post='9042401'][quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396914655' post='9041925']
It may be better but what I am trying to point out is that a person has to spend a ton of money to make it better. And off the rack vs off the rack I would bet the sldr would be worse than most.
[/quote]

But do you play an stock shaft?[/quote]
No I do not. Everything I play came from a tour van.

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1396918224' post='9042401']
[/quote]

But do you play an stock shaft?
[/quote]

TP version is $100 more and there are many shaft choices, so I think one could spend about 500 bux, and if fit well, get the same distance gains many others did on the trips.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Guys, this has become one of my favorite threads. I'm really enjoying all the great write-ups and followed the live updates very closely. Let me say I lived vicariously through all of you.

Question for you guys: How do you think the SLDR would pair with a Graffalloy Bimatrix Prototype? I currently play it in my original RBZ head (10.5) and like it. However, with the reduction in spin from the SLDR head I feel like it could be great. Since it's a low launch low spin shaft according to Graffalloy, do you think these two would pair well with an increase in loft and presumably launch angle?

Titleist GT3 10* w/ VA Composites Drago 65X

Titleist GT 3 15* w/ AD DI Black 7X

Titleist GT 2 21* w/ Hzrdus Black 5G 80X

Titleist TSR 3 24* w/ AD DI 95X

Titleist T100 5-9 w/ Tour Issue X100

Vokey 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M, Raw w/ Tour Issue S400 Onyx

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat I, Chromatic Bronze

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1396917693' post='9042331']
Could you use your mod powers and throw all the information like that on first page? Please lol
[/quote]

Done, along with hyperlinked trip summaries.

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1396918474' post='9042451']
Maybe update that list with wrx tag? I want to ask Sam a question but don't know who Sam is ya know?

G25 numbers weren't terrible, feel like the SLDR is as forgiving?
[/quote]

Done.

[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1396919017' post='9042537'][quote name='deck' timestamp='1396917693' post='9042331']
Could you use your mod powers and throw all the information like that on first page? Please lol
[/quote]

Maybe update that list with wrx tag? I want to ask Sam a question but don't know who Sam is ya know?

[/quote]

Done.[/quote]

You are the man. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396918470' post='9042449'][quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1396918224' post='9042401'][quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396914655' post='9041925']
[/quote]

But do you play an stock shaft?[/quote]
No I do not. Everything I play came from a tour van.[/quote]

You might be right stock shaft to stock shaft. But, even the 10 yr olds at the Drive, Chip and Putt had custom shaft....and SC...and TW14!!

[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1396919017' post='9042537']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Done.
[/quote]

Thank you!

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1396892932' post='9039253']
[quote name='hankmoody' timestamp='1396892829' post='9039237']
Great write ups guys! Very psyched for the distance gains, and the experience you had.

Curious, of the 20, was there a golfer with a lower swing speed (90-95) going in?
[/quote]

Great question Hank. My best golf bud is in the market for a new driver. He's a bit older and has been losing yards for a few years now. I gave him a gift certificate for a fitting for Christmas and would like to give him some options to consider.
[/quote]

I am working on getting all 20 info all together and in one local to view.

[quote name='CSchnee' timestamp='1396918927' post='9042525']Guys, this has become one of my favorite threads. I'm really enjoying all the great write-ups and followed the live updates very closely. Let me say I lived vicariously through all of you.

Question for you guys: How do you think the SLDR would pair with a Graffalloy Bimatrix Prototype? I currently play it in my original RBZ head (10.5) and like it. However, with the reduction in spin from the SLDR head I feel like it could be great. Since it's a low launch low spin shaft according to Graffalloy, do you think these two would pair well with an increase in loft and presumably launch angle?[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. I would almost be willing to bet it would be too low spin for many people. There is a 460 14* head coming that it might be worth a shot in

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1396921452' post='9042907']
[quote name='CSchnee' timestamp='1396918927' post='9042525']Guys, this has become one of my favorite threads. I'm really enjoying all the great write-ups and followed the live updates very closely. Let me say I lived vicariously through all of you.

Question for you guys: How do you think the SLDR would pair with a Graffalloy Bimatrix Prototype? I currently play it in my original RBZ head (10.5) and like it. However, with the reduction in spin from the SLDR head I feel like it could be great. Since it's a low launch low spin shaft according to Graffalloy, do you think these two would pair well with an increase in loft and presumably launch angle?[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. I would almost be willing to bet it would be too low spin for many people. There is a 460 14* head coming that it might be worth a shot in
[/quote]

I'm tempted to give it a shot... I'm going to get on a monitor to get some baseline numbers before I go buying an SLDR head

Titleist GT3 10* w/ VA Composites Drago 65X

Titleist GT 3 15* w/ AD DI Black 7X

Titleist GT 2 21* w/ Hzrdus Black 5G 80X

Titleist TSR 3 24* w/ AD DI 95X

Titleist T100 5-9 w/ Tour Issue X100

Vokey 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M, Raw w/ Tour Issue S400 Onyx

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat I, Chromatic Bronze

[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1396917532' post='9042305']
I know TMBob is building a spreadsheet with everyone's numbers, but here are the before/after for the Dallas guys.

[attachment=2164773:Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 6.02.04 PM.png]
[/quote]

I am going to send all the info to you and you can if you can post it like that, that would be awesome!

I know TMBob is building a spreadsheet with everyone's numbers, but here are the before/after for the Dallas guys.

[attachment=2164727:Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 5.16.32 PM.png]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was hoping for a while new page.....specs only and question about specs and fittings only

Hey everyone, Robb here. First off, a huge thanks to Taylormade and Golfwrx for making this happen! Like everyone else in the Sawgrass group, I do not have my Trackman numbers yet (and quite honestly am not sure I want to see them I was so erratic during the trip!) but will post them once they surface.

I'll start briefly at the beginning...

[b]Monday, March 24th:[/b]
I forgo my usual routine of logging onto GolfWRX in the morning (while taking care of "work" emails) and it isn't until after returning from lunch that I click that "W" logo on my bookmarks toolbar to see the red flag notification indicating a new PM. First I notice the sender, "hipcheck," and I think trouble since why would a moderator be PM'ing me? Am I getting banned? Then I see the "SLDR Guarantee" subject and open the message explaining how I was picked due to my non-flattering SLDR remarks and was invited on the fitting experience trip, etc BUT the deadline for response was an hour ago!!!! My heart dropped through my stomach and I fired off a response as fast as I could hoping the offer was still on the table and miraculously it was still there.

[b]Monday, March 31st:[/b]
We get two inches of freaking SNOW in CT succeeding a rain-soaked weekend.

[attachment=2498679:IMG_1069-web.jpg]

Now onto the SLDR Guarantee experience...

[b]Thursday, April 3rd:[/b]
After quite possibly the longest two weeks of my life, I get frisked by TSA twice, hop a plane to Florida, and arrive at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I had fallen asleep during the private car service ride from JAX airport and woke up to bellboys in Nike golf shirts whisking my luggage away to my room. I arrived last to Jacksonville after everyone else and did not have time to head to the range to hit balls with bubbagump Bobby, NTKT10 Bryan, jashton88 Jeff, and hipcheck Rob. I met up with tembolo1284 Nik, who also arrived late, and we headed to the bar like responsible adults do and waited for the others to join us.

When the other guys finished up their range session, we met up with the first Taylormade rep Aaron and were whisked away to the first of many delicious dinners which featured a rum and other liquor concoction of a drink called the Sidewinder #4. After eating far more food than any person should, we capped the night off by getting some stogies from a cigar bar and smoked them under the cool, misty Florida night overlooking the mini-island hole that accentuates the hotel lagoon.

We get back to our rooms and find this awaiting us!

[attachment=2498707:IMG_1098-web.jpg]

[b]Friday, April 4th:[/b]
The day that counts! After getting seemingly zero sleep, I threw my GoPro into my golf bag and nearly knocked some poor woman over in the elevator on the way to the lobby. We pile into a shuttle bus and head over to the Taylormade Performance Lab on the Sawgrass grounds. For me, the nicest "Tour" course I had ever played up to that point was Harbour Town (which is no slouch in its own right) but TPC Sawgrass is truly incredible. This was my first time ever stepping foot on the grounds and it did not disappoint. We arrive to the TM Performance Lab to find this sight...

[attachment=2498675:IMG_1101-web.jpg]
[attachment=2498677:IMG_1099-web.jpg]

After meeting Rob, our other TM rep who was delayed getting in from Carlsbad the night before, we were given the grand tour of the facility and treated to an excellent breakfast buffet. What an amazing place!

[attachment=2498673:IMG_1102-web.jpg]

[i]One of either five or six drawers filled with ONLY exotic driver shafts.[/i]
[attachment=2498671:IMG_1106-web.jpg]

[i]For tbowles.[/i]
[attachment=2498669:IMG_1108-web.jpg]

Apparently the other guys were a bit anxious to start hitting as I soon found myself finishing breakfast in solitude. So I threw on some sunscreen (which turned out to be not nearly enough) and headed to my hitting bay.

While warming up, we were each taken over to be on camera to talk about our current equipment. It was at this point that I realized wearing a completely white shirt was probably a mistake as the handful of fat shots I struck pre-interview successfully made me look like a grungy slob. I can only hope that the producers and editors in charge of the pieces will be as disgusted as I was and my footage ends up on the cutting room floor. Being on-camera can be a very humbling and terrifying experience as it turns out!

[i]Bryan making some bucks.[/i]
[attachment=2498681:IMG_1123-web.jpg]

[b]The fitting:[/b]
I had the dubious honor of following Nik in the fitting process. And while we share a similar build (we're both short), that is where the similarities most certainly end. His clubhead speed is somewhere between 110 and 120 while I swing a pedestrian 100 (maybe). The difference between his current gamer and the SLDR on two swings was 56 yards!!!!!! And all the while the fitters and Taylormade staff on hand were completely wowed. There was nothing I could do to live up to that short of hitting my gamer backwards then ripping the SLDR as hard as I could in the proper direction.

[i]Nik bombing it 300+ with ease.[/i]
[attachment=2498683:IMG_1110-web.jpg]

My gamer is a Titleist 913d3; a true WRX ho'd stick as I bought the head of the BST while gaming a 910d3 then got the shaft shortly after. It's a 9.5, set to D4 on the adapter, with a Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec in stiff playing at 46". I have no idea what the swingweight is but my best guess would be between D2-D4. I don't know my numbers with it but my shots are generally pretty straight to a slight fade with a medium-low trajectory that rolls out a bit in dry conditions. I would guess my yardage being the 240-250 range. I LOVE this club and the SLDR would have to be a Ferrari to oust it.

When it was my turn on Trackman, Aaron had me hit some shots with the 913. I hit it about as well as I normally do minus some huge pulls that might have killed some people on the Sawgrass range to our immediate left. Then Aaron started handing me SLDR's. First it was a 460 with the same shaft in my Titleist. It felt okay but not great. Then I was given the same setup with a 430 head and it felt better. From there, I hit both heads with a handful of different shaft combinations ranging between the AD-DI, AD-MT, Fubuki, Speeders, and Oziks. The only shaft going into the fitting that I really wanted to try was the AD-BB but completely forgot to ask!

The TM guys didn't seem too thrilled as my SLDR numbers weren't much better than my Titleist. In fact, the normalized distance difference was only THREE YARDS! Jonas Blixt would later go on to tell me I need to learn how to sandbag and that he would have walked out of the challenge with thousands of dollars in his pocket! The combination that I ended up with was the SLDR 430 12 degree head, weight two clicks to fade, loft one click lower to 11.5 with the Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7s cut down to 45" built by former PGA Tour rep extraordinaire Phil, who is the man! The biggest difference for me between the two clubs is how they sound. The Titleist has that distinctive ting sound that I enjoy while the SLDR is a muted thwack (in my opinion). It's just something I needed to get used to coming from the Titleist and to be completely honest I didn't love it.

[attachment=2498685:IMG_1121-web.jpg]

[b]TPC Sawgrass:[/b]
Because our fittings went long due to the Trackman showing up late, we missed our original tee time and were [i]forced[/i] to play TPC Sawgrass. After meeting our caddy, Jim (whom I nearly killed when I shanked a wedge during our round), we were off. The SLDR was surprisingly consistent for me. The only shots where it really didn't perform were when I pulled a tee shot into oblivion or fatted my teed up driver shot memorably on 18.

[i]Good thing Sawgrass didn't have my credit card for incidental damage![/i]
[attachment=2498687:IMG_1234-web.jpg]

The "good" swings that I put on the SLDR found the fairway safely and were actually going passed some of my playing partner's shots which doesn't happen all that often for me (Nik was [i]not[/i] in our group). With each good swing I put on the club, my confidence crept up a little and I started enjoying it more and more. But it remains to be seen whether it permanently makes it into my bag after I play a handful of rounds on my usual stomping grounds.

Hit GIR on #17, middle of the green with the pin in the front, proceeded to roll my birdie putt to about 4 feet short, then FOUR putt from there. My ball may or may not have ended up in the water after all during the walk off the green.
[attachment=2498691:IMG_1186-web.jpg]

[i]This green is tiny![/i]
[attachment=2498689:IMG_1203-web.jpg]

[i]Bobby, the money-making-monster, hitting a par 3 in front of our caddy Jim.[/i]
[attachment=2498695:IMG_1129-web.jpg]

[i]The infamous hipcheck![/i]
[attachment=2498697:IMG_1211-web.jpg]

[attachment=2498693:IMG_1162-web.jpg]

[b]Saturday, April 5th:[/b]
A safe assessment would be to say we all had a few too many adult sodas and other fine beverages named after incendiary devices the preceding night. Mind you, this was a night that included a member who will not be named picking up a "wrapped" loaf of bread lying in the parking lot and eating it. The second course we played was very nice but we were not in any shape to play a serious round of golf and proceeded to make many wedge putts. The SLDR still performed on actual golf swings and moved up another notch in my personal, unpublished book of driver rankings.

[attachment=2498705:IMG_1264-web.jpg]

Overall it was an amazing experience and I cannot be thankful enough to have experienced it. I walked or rather flew away from Florida with great new friends, a Tour-level fitting, a round at one of the most famous courses in the world, five-star treatment, a tiny bit of cash, and a shiny new SLDR in my bag that was thankfully not destroyed by the airport baggage handling system. Also, I have some wicked sunburn on my legs.

Hopefully those of you that read this gained some insight that may or may not help your game and/or enjoyed reading about this once in a lifetime experience. Now off to buy a lotto ticket (new clubs for everyone if I win)!

[i]The strangest "sink" I've ever seen located at the JAX airport.[/i]
[attachment=2498701:IMG_1267-web.jpg]

[/quote]

So first you complained that the SLDR was fit against stock offerings. Then it turns out many of the players were using custom fit clubs with aftermarket shafts, you you change your complaint to "the SLDR worse than most unless you spend a couple hundred more on an upgraded shaft."
Is there any result that you would've appreciated? Or were you going to dump on the SLDR no matter what the results were?

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1396922802' post='9043085']

Did Nik eat the bread or Bubba?
[/quote]

F no I didn't eat that lol....Nik and I share the same idea that you probably shouldn't eat bread on the street at 3 am.....but somebody else seems to not like food being wasted....even if it's street bread lol. I guess he may have been afraid we wouldn't find our way walking back to the hotel and wanted to be prepared lol.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Custom Lajosi DD201

WITB

[quote name='rbilramz' timestamp='1396922315' post='9043023'][quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396914655' post='9041925']
[/quote]

So first you complained that the SLDR was fit against stock offerings. Then it turns out many of the players were using custom fit clubs with aftermarket shafts, you you change your complaint to "the SLDR worse than most unless you spend a couple hundred more on an upgraded shaft."
Is there any result that you would've appreciated? Or were you going to dump on the SLDR no matter what the results were?[/quote]

I don't think you read any of my posts. I was asking questions to help inform others. Any club professionally fit will perform very close to the other if done correctly. Just asking if a driver that tops the $600 mark with upgrades is worth it.

I have been made several taylormade tour issue drivers and they preform very well. So it's not a TM hate. Just asking the questions for those who may not have the resources to go through this type of process to get the ideal driver.

Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396923479' post='9043161']
[quote name='rbilramz' timestamp='1396922315' post='9043023'][quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396914655' post='9041925']
[/quote]

Is there any result that you would've appreciated? Or were you going to dump on the SLDR no matter what the results were?[/quote]

I don't think you read any of my posts. I was asking questions to help inform others. Any club professionally fit will perform very close to the other if done correctly. Just asking if a driver that tops the $600 mark with upgrades is worth it.

I have been made several taylormade tour issue drivers and they preform very well. So it's not a TM hate. Just asking the questions for those who may not have the resources to go through this type of process to get the ideal driver.
[/quote]

I should've been more clear, as I did not try to make you sound like a hater. I've actually read every post in this thread. I was in the original SLDR experience so I find this very interesting.

What I was trying express was my observation that you are trying to poke holes in the results. And if some responds to a concern, you seem to quickly find another angle to attack.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

The good news is the if the off the rack SLDR does not fit you can get your money back. I wonder a lot of times if the mental aspect of this game does not takeover sometimes, and we put our better swings on the pricier shafts? I am sure I will try a SLDR, but I will wait until a can find one with a BB or something like it used a few months or a year down the road. I might take the leap sooner if the white one was out, and I could get 20 or so more yards though. I just don't think I have a fitter in this area with enough shaft options to try though, and I would have a hard time justifying $700 for a driver.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

[/quote]

This is awesome! Would it be possible to get the loft of their old gamer and if they went with a 430 or 460?

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1396898650' post='9039933']
[quote name='GooseHook' timestamp='1396898259' post='9039891']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1396897835' post='9039829']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1396891418' post='9039065']
@ Tembolo - great write up and a very interesting read. I think that both driver you have will work for you, it just depends on the courses you play and which driver will travel better at most tracks. One of my friends who is a mini tour player had an RFX that was similar to your Wishon, very straight and low but his carry distances were so short and he relied on the roll so much, it really affected the lines he could take or not take on certain holes. He recently switched to the SLDR 460 and has picked up easily 20 yards, because now with the added carry, in the same firm conditions he used to rely on getting roll out, he still gets the roll out with the SLDR, just with an additional 20 yards of carry. He is a lower SS guy, so the distance gain has been huge for his game. Definitely reminds me of the 2 driver setups you have where they both will work, but it just depends on the courses and preference. It sounds like the SLDR is a winner, that's a HUGE gain regardless of the Wishon smash factor issue etc.. I think the SLDR will be able to be dialed in even further and easier as well. My 460 is still in the bag for these reasons.. much more accurate and still have the "fastball" when I really need to step on it.

Congrats again, and thanks for the review! I can't wait to get my hands on that SLDR Mini!
[/quote]

Thanks Pure745! Great post. I'll be tweaking the heads because I definitely think that the higher loft and launch is very helpful!
[/quote]

So I guess by these analogies, the 430 is like the guy who hits cleanup and knocks 50+ homeruns, but leads the league in strikeouts too.
[/quote]

I don't know much about the 430...I think I just wouldn't get enough spin with it.

I liken the 460 to the cook that consistently comes in and churns out perfect filet mignon after perfect filet mignon...but once in awhile he'll overcook some and have to cook up another one for the customer. So trying to figure out a way to make sure he can read the temp just right to avoid anything more than medium rare. ;)
[/quote]

I think it's safe to assume Tembolo is really, REALLY into "dead cow" & lead tape! :taunt:

WITB Link

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1396903059' post='9040533']
[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1396902402' post='9040455']
That's why tourney play with this baby will be important. If I churn out a filet mignon with it and it's well done, will pretty much be a nail in the coffin for it. Right now I'm extremely confident when I hold and look down at the Wishon.
[/quote]
What if the Wishon burns one occasionally? Same standard, throw it in the alley for the dogs?
[/quote]

Not if it's the chef's fault! But if it's the oven's fault....then yes!

Highly unlikely with a now 53 deg lie angle. Ya know how it goes though. *runs away from LV_2*

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='score72418' timestamp='1396932902' post='9044041']

[/quote]

This is awesome! Would it be possible to get the loft of their old gamer and if they went with a 430 or 460?
[/quote]

Any way to also see the data on finished length, SW and if any modifications were done to the weight?

Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1396917423' post='9042277']
[quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396916649' post='9042191']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1396916061' post='9042121'][quote name='geauxWRX' timestamp='1396914655' post='9041925']
And off the rack vs off the rack I would bet the sldr would be worse than most.
[/quote]
Any basis for this hypothesis?[/quote]
The massive amount of customization that the sldr takes to produce better numbers?
[/quote]
I don't think it takes any more customization than any other driver on the market. Different heads are going to perform better/worse with different shafts, and the SLDR is no different.
[/quote]

Agreed, it just depends on whether the stock shaft fits a person or not. Regardless, I hit a bunch of OTR demo drivers, in the store, and unadjusted, stock for stock, the SLDR was still the longest of the bunch. Maybe I was just a poor match for the others, but that still tells me that I can just pull a SLDR out of a box and get decent results with it. Many of you know I haven't touched any TM clubs with a 10 foot pole since my Superfast 1.0, so I have no skin in this game whatsoever, just giving a solid driver credit where it is due.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach