2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Dustin Johnson...Leave of absence from golf ..Any news? (MERGED)

[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1406842515' post='9827115']
[quote name='pmo09' timestamp='1406841855' post='9827007']
[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1406837847' post='9826369'] And yeah - judging by those pics his fiance throws all over the internet, she's definitely an enabler here. He'd be well suited to go the Rory route before committing half his winnings to someone with the mentality of a 16 year old.
[/quote]

Pretty big assumption there, seeing as he was arrested in 2009 for DUI and also was rumoured to have been given a drug suspension by the PGA tour in late 2011-early 2012. A ton of people strongly suggested cocaine
[/quote]

548 users in the topic right now. Wow.

Sorry, I don't think I made my point clear. An enabler isn't someone who turns a person down a road of bad behavior. An enabler is a person who facilitates someone who is already on the road to self-destruction. I'm sure you already know that but I wanted to make the point clear. Gretzky is definitely an enabler. Calling her the next Paris Hilton seems pretty spot on, actually.
[/quote]

What "enabling" is she doing? What far fetched things in peoples minds is Paulina Gretzky doing to Dustin Johnson?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='danielao' timestamp='1406842781' post='9827157']
[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1406842515' post='9827115']
[quote name='pmo09' timestamp='1406841855' post='9827007']
[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1406837847' post='9826369'] And yeah - judging by those pics his fiance throws all over the internet, she's definitely an enabler here. He'd be well suited to go the Rory route before committing half his winnings to someone with the mentality of a 16 year old.
[/quote]

Pretty big assumption there, seeing as he was arrested in 2009 for DUI and also was rumoured to have been given a drug suspension by the PGA tour in late 2011-early 2012. A ton of people strongly suggested cocaine
[/quote]

548 users in the topic right now. Wow.

Sorry, I don't think I made my point clear. An enabler isn't someone who turns a person down a road of bad behavior. An enabler is a person who facilitates someone who is already on the road to self-destruction. I'm sure you already know that but I wanted to make the point clear. Gretzky is definitely an enabler. Calling her the next Paris Hilton seems pretty spot on, actually.
[/quote]

What "enabling" is she doing? What far fetched things in peoples minds is Paulina Gretzky doing to Dustin Johnson?
[/quote]

enabling doesn't mean she is DOING anything and that is the point. If she sees a problem in DJ, but does nothing to stop it, she is then enabling him to continue down the wrong road, and probably participating in it as well. I don't know that that is the case, but from the outside looking in, it seems possible.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406842772' post='9827153']

No. Even the leading Marijuana advocates say that THC can be addictive. The physical withdrawals are just mild compared with other drugs. Go check out the homeless shelters in Denver and see the markedly increase in teenagers there. Tell me how great marijuana is.

We get it. You like to smoke weed. You're not addicted. I don't care.
[/quote]

You've got to be effing kidding me...

[quote name='pappaf2' timestamp='1406843041' post='9827203']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406842772' post='9827153']
No. Even the leading Marijuana advocates say that THC can be addictive. The physical withdrawals are just mild compared with other drugs. Go check out the homeless shelters in Denver and see the markedly increase in teenagers there. Tell me how great marijuana is.

We get it. You like to smoke weed. You're not addicted. I don't care.
[/quote]

You've got to be effing kidding me...
[/quote]

Bucky is right about one thing, let's move on to the topic here. I really think you don't know much about the tangent we went off on and it shows, but seriously, let's get back to DJ here. I like him, I hope he comes out the other side in good shape, but I am curious to know more about what is going on here. It HAS to be pills or coke, just has to be...

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[color=#000000]Ghozland, Matthes, Simonin, Filliol, L. Kieffer, and Maldonado (2002). Motivational Effects of Cannabinoids Are Mediated by μ-Opioid and κ-Opioid Receptors. [/color][i]Journal of Neuroscience[/i][color=#000000], [/color][i]22[/i][color=#000000], 1146-1154.[/color]

[color=#000000]I dunno?[/color]

[quote name='putts4bogey' timestamp='1406843401' post='9827269']
I had to move away from the area to get over my addiction to NC-style BBQ. Now, even years later, I still sometimes get the jones for that pulled pork goodness.
[/quote]

I sympathize with you sir.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='stu_man' timestamp='1406843434' post='9827273']
[quote name='epixep' timestamp='1406843295' post='9827249']
The dude has been using blow since at the very least 2009.
[/quote]

He was dealing blow in high school, so I'm guessing he was using back then as well.
[/quote]

Never get high on your own supply.

725 users reading this topic! If viewing figures for the WGC are down I think we can explain why.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1406840363' post='9826803']
[quote name='mattj' timestamp='1406840180' post='9826785']
I work in juvenile probation. For some marijuana is absolutely addictive. It is especially damaging to frontal lobe development in adolescents. Having said that it certainly does not rise to the addictive level of other drugs such as cocaine, methamphetamine or heroin for many that imbibe. It also does not have the negative impact in terms of social costs that alcohol has. The research is also mixed on the "gateway" aspect of marijuana use. Certainly some go on to abuse other more addictive drugs others dont. If Dustin started smoking marijuana as an adolescent and it became a pattern of daily use I can guarantee you that it had a negative impact. Addiction is not a laughing matter regardless of the drug of choice. If we are talking about an addiction problem with Dustin I hope he gets the help he needs.
[/quote]

the part about smoking as an adolescent is one thing, and the way it effects a brain that is still growing is certainly real, but I would like to see any factual data from any study posted here saying weed is physically addictive to adults. if you find one, check the source, it's probably not very sound.
[/quote]

Utter nonsense!

If it wasn't addictive people wouldn't smoke it every day and struggle to NOT smoke it every day. End of discussion.

The only thing that the public can be sure of is to never know the full story. Whether it's an addiction or a lack of an ability to quit something, or a serious mental health issue we may find out, but will not know the details.

Athletes have access to lots of substances, legal and illegal, all of which anyone can develop a dependency issue with. He may also be dealing with a diagnosis of a mental health issue, which most adults take some time to deal with.

Regardless, DJ is not AK.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1406843486' post='9827279']
[color=#000000]Ghozland, Matthes, Simonin, Filliol, L. Kieffer, and Maldonado (2002). Motivational Effects of Cannabinoids Are Mediated by μ-Opioid and κ-Opioid Receptors. [/color][i]Journal of Neuroscience[/i][color=#000000], [/color][i]22[/i][color=#000000], 1146-1154.[/color]

[/quote]

get on track...we moved on to cocaine talk now...highschool coke dealer, etc...

I never knew any of this about DJ. He seemed like a partier but never knew he had troubles in HS and whatnot.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='PJ72' timestamp='1406843638' post='9827305']
[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1406840363' post='9826803']
[quote name='mattj' timestamp='1406840180' post='9826785']
I work in juvenile probation. For some marijuana is absolutely addictive. It is especially damaging to frontal lobe development in adolescents. Having said that it certainly does not rise to the addictive level of other drugs such as cocaine, methamphetamine or heroin for many that imbibe. It also does not have the negative impact in terms of social costs that alcohol has. The research is also mixed on the "gateway" aspect of marijuana use. Certainly some go on to abuse other more addictive drugs others dont. If Dustin started smoking marijuana as an adolescent and it became a pattern of daily use I can guarantee you that it had a negative impact. Addiction is not a laughing matter regardless of the drug of choice. If we are talking about an addiction problem with Dustin I hope he gets the help he needs.
[/quote]

the part about smoking as an adolescent is one thing, and the way it effects a brain that is still growing is certainly real, but I would like to see any factual data from any study posted here saying weed is physically addictive to adults. if you find one, check the source, it's probably not very sound.
[/quote]

Utter nonsense!

If it wasn't addictive people wouldn't smoke it every day and struggle to NOT smoke it every day. End of discussion.
[/quote]

I cant resist...you don't end that discussion with some total BS that is completely your opinion. you sir are the one spouting utter nonsense.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Rumor...Dustin had a blow problem at CCU
Rumor...Dustin was suspended from the tour for a failed drug test during "back injury"
Rumor...Dustin failed another drug test

But what do tour caddies know...

He is a million dollar talent, hope he gets it together and fulfills his potential.

Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w Xtorsion Copper
Ping i210 4-u, Glide 2.0 54, 58
Guerin GR3 Mallet

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1406843649' post='9827309']

[/quote]

I never knew any of this about DJ. He seemed like a partier but never knew he had troubles in HS and whatnot.
[/quote]

Crap. I can't keep up with the drugs.

[quote name='Ajlepisto' timestamp='1406843872' post='9827355']
[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1406843649' post='9827309']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crap. I can't keep up with the drugs.
[/quote]

LOL I know...well time to go enjoy my favorite addiction, well, 2nd fave, to golf of course...leaving work! I am so addicted to leaving work, I would do it 3 times a day if I could!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='BlacknGold35' timestamp='1406836892' post='9826183']
[color=#292F33][background=rgb(245, 248, 250)]
[url="https://twitter.com/JasonSobelGC"][b]Jason Sobel[/b] &rlm;[size=3][color=#B1BBC3]@[/color]JasonSobelGC[/size] [/url] [url="https://twitter.com/JasonSobelGC/status/494935161218551808"]2m[/url][/background][/color]
More from Dustin Johnson: "I will use this time to seek professional help for personal challenges I have faced."
[/quote]

p()$$¥ can do that to you.

[quote name='topr' timestamp='1406843788' post='9827335']
"If" it is coke I wouldn't put it on Paulina. The only thing that probably changed after he met her was the quality of the coke.
[/quote]

Or the better surface to snort it off...

Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w Xtorsion Copper
Ping i210 4-u, Glide 2.0 54, 58
Guerin GR3 Mallet

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1406841037' post='9826891']
[quote name='Ronanraff' timestamp='1406840637' post='9826837']
If it is drug use and a failed drug test by the tour I suspect more details will break pretty quickly. If this is an issue then why not give him an option to address it and get well. Addiction is an illness and I know people will say, "he put himself in the situation!" That is true, everyone is responsible for their own actions but if he or others have brought this to a head where he is going to seek help then maybe we should give him a break. I'm from the other side of the pond and don't know his girlfriend or her perceived reputation but making judgments about her and apportioning blame is maybe a tad premature until the facts are known.
[/quote]

The Tour treats things much more privately than other professional sports leagues. They keep things "in the locker room" more often than a lot of people realize. This is one of the reasons why they did not want Vijays lawyers to put their past drug testing and other disciplinary actions into the court documents for the deer antler lawsuit.

I believe this to be Option A given to him by someone.
[/quote]

I agree with you in respect of how the PGA Tour deal with these issues and I believe they do that in order to protect the image of the sport we all love. This is a game with a long history of sportsmanship played by gentlemen with finest traditions of the game at heart. Times have changed though and some people are prepared to take risks with performance enhancing drugs etc. This unfortunately is a fact and if he has an issue with drug use this would be caught sooner or later. The vast amount of money these guys play for reduces their desire to act normally. We see it here with soccer players and their wages who no longer care how they are perceived or how they treat others even those close to them. If drugs are his issue maybe professional help will assist him with a touch of normalisation or grounding as we call it. Of course we could be way of the mark and this may not be the source of his problems. I just hope he gets the help he needs, many don't make it that far or haven't got the resources to seek help until it's too late.

[quote name='North Texas' timestamp='1406844285' post='9827425']
[quote name='danielao' timestamp='1406842920' post='9827177']
[b]WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THC ADDICTION?[/b]

[b]WHY WHY WHY WHY?? SO DUMB.[/b]
[/quote]

Now I really feel dumb because I don't know what THC is :superman:
[/quote]

[b]Tetrahydrocannabinol[/b] ([b]THC[/b]), or more precisely its main isomer [b](−)-[i]trans[/i]-Δ[sup][size="2"]9[/size][/sup]-tetrahydrocannabinol[/b] ( (6aR,10aR)-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), is the principal [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_drug"]psychoactive[/url] constituent (or [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid"]cannabinoid[/url]) of the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis"]cannabis[/url] plant.

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH   

[quote name='kvnhlstd' timestamp='1406844523' post='9827461']
[quote name='North Texas' timestamp='1406844285' post='9827425']
[quote name='danielao' timestamp='1406842920' post='9827177']
[b]WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THC ADDICTION?[/b]

[b]WHY WHY WHY WHY?? SO DUMB.[/b]
[/quote]

Now I really feel dumb because I don't know what THC is :superman:
[/quote]

[b]Tetrahydrocannabinol[/b] ([b]THC[/b]), or more precisely its main isomer [b](−)-[i]trans[/i]-Δ[sup][size=2]9[/size][/sup]-tetrahydrocannabinol[/b] ( (6aR,10aR)-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), is the principal [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_drug"]psychoactive[/url] constituent (or [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid"]cannabinoid[/url]) of the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis"]cannabis[/url] plant.
[/quote]

Okay, I didn't realize that's what it was :taunt:

[quote name='Protokletos' timestamp='1406842163' post='9827051']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406840262' post='9826793']
I'm amazed at the people which say THC isn't addictive. Alcohol, chewing tobacco, cocaine, cigarettes, heroin, soda can all be addictive to some people. But not THC. That's all natural goodness right there. Can't be addicted to it no Sir.

REALLY???
[/quote]

[b]Marijuana is not[i] physically[/i] addictive[/b], like everyone's been saying. There is a vast difference between physical addiction and psychological addiction. Physical addiction means that one cannot function normally without it. Sex, chocolate, marijuana are all psychologically addictive. No matter what, any pot head can go without weed and still function--might be a little cranky, but will be able to function just fine. Anyone that has been addicted to something like cocaine, heroine, or alcohol will tell you that they can literally not get through their day without shaking, getting sick, or just laying in bed without using.

People addicted to marijuana may have poor willpower, but can break the habit with very little side effect. People addicted to cocaine cannot do it cold turkey without feeling miserable.

Why don't you read up on this since you seem to think you know so much?
[/quote]

I'm pretty certain not 'everyone' has been saying that. In fact, even the poster you quoted didn't say it.

The issue was whether it was addictive. You can bet your house it is. Whether a physical or psychological addiction, it's pretty ignorant to dismiss the full effect of it.

Btw, I'm no 'anti-drug' campaigner by any means but I think jumping on someone because they didn't distinguish between physical or psychological is pretty sanctimonious.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread with this trivial insignificance. If DJ seems to have an [i]addiction [/i]then he needs help with it, and perhaps it's not the addiction that needs looking at long term.