2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Dustin Johnson...Leave of absence from golf ..Any news? (MERGED)

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406840262' post='9826793']
I'm amazed at the people which say THC isn't addictive. Alcohol, chewing tobacco, cocaine, cigarettes, heroin, soda can all be addictive to some people. But not THC. [b]That's all natural goodness right there[/b]. Can't be addicted to it no Sir.

REALLY???
[/quote]

Actually it is all natural goodness. Just sayin...

Ping G400 AD-DI
Ping G425 3 Wood

Adams XTD 3 Hybrid
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Scratch 53 & 58
Studio Select Kombi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ronanraff' timestamp='1406840637' post='9826837']
If it is drug use and a failed drug test by the tour I suspect more details will break pretty quickly. If this is an issue then why not give him an option to address it and get well. Addiction is an illness and I know people will say, "he put himself in the situation!" That is true, everyone is responsible for their own actions but if he or others have brought this to a head where he is going to seek help then maybe we should give him a break. I'm from the other side of the pond and don't know his girlfriend or her perceived reputation but making judgments about her and apportioning blame is maybe a tad premature until the facts are known.
[/quote]

The Tour treats things much more privately than other professional sports leagues. They keep things "in the locker room" more often than a lot of people realize. This is one of the reasons why they did not want Vijays lawyers to put their past drug testing and other disciplinary actions into the court documents for the deer antler lawsuit.

I believe this to be Option A given to him by someone.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

I'm amazed at the people which say THC isn't addictive. Alcohol, chewing tobacco, cocaine, cigarettes, heroin, soda can all be addictive to some people. But not THC. That's all natural goodness right there. Can't be addicted to it no Sir.

REALLY???
[/quote]

The distinction is physical versus mental. THC is no more physically addictive than moon pies.

For anyone thinking Paulina is leading him astray, maybe it's the chicken and not the egg. IOW, maybe he's with her because that's the lifestyle he wants/wanted to pursue. I just hate, for example, when parents blame their kid's friends for leading them to drugs/alcohol. I see and hear it all the time with my kids' friends and their parents. Maybe he's friends with them because he wanted to be lead there?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/26/samantha-maddox_n_4859494.html

Look through the pics

cleardot.gif

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406838270' post='9826451']
[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1406837788' post='9826355']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406837695' post='9826331']
What a shocker!

Guy looks like the poster child for THC use.

What a waste of talent.
[/quote]

Yeah since THC is addictive and all and normally requires intensive rehab...
[/quote]

And I suppose alcohol isn't addictive either?

Johnson always looked like a stoner. People who smoke marijuana can be led into harder drugs or a combination. I know a Guy which almost killed two people in a robbery and tried to kill two cops. His defense was that he was addicted to marijuana.
[/quote]

Sounds like he needs a new attorney.

[quote name='ahopkins13' timestamp='1406840656' post='9826843']My first thought was Cocaine. Paulina likes to party and DJ had a history of partying.

Cocaine is the rich guys party drug.

Either way i sure hope he gets it fixed and gets back on the course for the Ryder cup[/quote]
Agreed, and I don't think Paulina led him to it, rather they shared common ground in it. Anyways best of luck to DJ. Love watching him play

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='Oldboy' timestamp='1406840824' post='9826867']
And since we seem to be relying on anecdotal evidence .. ask a cop if he'd rather be dealing with or trying to arrest a stoner or a drunk ..
[/quote]

I would have but last time cops rolled up on me was in HS and they took off with our Budweiser and left us the Milwaukee's Best!

[quote name='topr' timestamp='1406841050' post='9826895']
I'm amazed at the people which say THC isn't addictive. Alcohol, chewing tobacco, cocaine, cigarettes, heroin, soda can all be addictive to some people. But not THC. That's all natural goodness right there. Can't be addicted to it no Sir.

REALLY???
[/quote]

The distinction is physical versus mental. THC is no more physically addictive than moon pies.
[/quote]

you had to say moon pies didnt you, been off them for years now i really want one... so long wagon...

Well, I'm not going to have a debate on whether or not THC can be addictive or not. Just because everything else in the world can be addictive doesn't mean anything I guess.

OK. Thanks for enlightening me.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

Wow

Cobra Aerojet Max 9* Graphite Design ADHD6
TM Stealth 2 HD 16* Fujikura 757
TM Stealth 2 HD 20* Hybrid KBS Tour Graphite Prototype
Titleist T100s Black 4-AW Steelfiber i95
Vokey SM8 Black Edition 54* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Buttonback NP2 w/ LAGP 135

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 & NP2+ w/ MMT Putter Shaft
Scotty Cameron H21 w/ Stability Tour Shaft

Scotty Cameron 9.5 Triple Black

Scotty Cameron 7.2 Limited w/ MMT Putter Shaft

[quote name='Ripper17' timestamp='1406841566' post='9826967']
He failed another PGA Drug test and he is using this to cover it up; just like he did with his injury a few years ago This is a fact.
[/quote]
You have evidence, I presume?

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

REALLY???
[/quote]

Please do some research or at least look up the formal definition of addiction before you pull your hair out in disbelieve.

There is a huge difference between physical addiction and habit formation.

Some poor SOB might drink 5 liters of cola a day for 20 years, then one day tell himself to cut it out, He will be able to do it, without his body shutting down and going into withdrawal. Same goes for THC. Ultimately it will come from from mental fortitude.

The same cannot be said about the other physically addictive substances you listed.

[quote name='Oldboy' timestamp='1406840664' post='9826845']
[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1406840363' post='9826803']
[quote name='mattj' timestamp='1406840180' post='9826785']
I work in juvenile probation. For some marijuana is absolutely addictive. It is especially damaging to frontal lobe development in adolescents. Having said that it certainly does not rise to the addictive level of other drugs such as cocaine, methamphetamine or heroin for many that imbibe. It also does not have the negative impact in terms of social costs that alcohol has. The research is also mixed on the "gateway" aspect of marijuana use. Certainly some go on to abuse other more addictive drugs others dont. If Dustin started smoking marijuana as an adolescent and it became a pattern of daily use I can guarantee you that it had a negative impact. Addiction is not a laughing matter regardless of the drug of choice. If we are talking about an addiction problem with Dustin I hope he gets the help he needs.
[/quote]

the part about smoking as an adolescent is one thing, and the way it effects a brain that is still growing is certainly real, but I would like to see any factual data from any study posted here saying weed is physically addictive to adults. if you find one, check the source, it's probably not very sound.
[/quote]

this .. marijuana use with developing brains has been shown to be possibly an issue. However .. Show me the study that says marijuana use is physically addictive. I've read some articles that refer to psychological dependence but that's about it. And the "gateway" issue is a nonstarter .. there are no conclusive studies that prove this .. Let's not carried away here
[/quote]

especially since the true "gateway drug" would have to be tobacco...

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1406837847' post='9826369'] And yeah - judging by those pics his fiance throws all over the internet, she's definitely an enabler here. He'd be well suited to go the Rory route before committing half his winnings to someone with the mentality of a 16 year old.
[/quote]

Pretty big assumption there, seeing as he was arrested in 2009 for DUI and also was rumoured to have been given a drug suspension by the PGA tour in late 2011-early 2012. A ton of people strongly suggested cocaine

Taylormade M3 10.5 /HZRDS 6.5X
Titleist 913fd 15
Taylormade GAPR Mid 3
Titleist 716MB 7-PW
Titleist 716CB 4-6

Vokey SM8 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Tel3 Newport

Bridgestone Tour B X

[quote name='whatshannenin' timestamp='1406841636' post='9826979']
Holy smokes at the amount of users reading this thread........Inb4 lock for drug discussion.
[/quote]

users...lol...to be educated and informed on a subject while also being very liberal does not make one a user. have I toked one here or there, maybe, but one must not be a stoner to want to know the truth. oh, and I live in Denver, so being informed on the subject was the only way I could vote on it without feeling like a hypocrite.

the reason it came to, weed, good or bad, is bc so many people instantly went there when Cocaine or pills would be a more realistic choice. I am just nosey, I will admit it, so I want the deetz! this kind of predicament just shows one of these super powered athletes in a more human light, and in some way that is interesting to me, and many others it would seem.

DJ is one of my faves. I hope whatever the reason he left golf for now is, that he gets it under control soon enough to help in the Ryder Cup. We do need him bad! But he should get his life together first, and I totally respect that decision no matter what he is taking his leave for.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

REALLY???
[/quote]

Marijuana is not[i] physically[/i] addictive, like everyone's been saying. There is a vast difference between physical addiction and psychological addiction. Physical addiction means that one cannot function normally without it. Sex, chocolate, marijuana are all psychologically addictive. No matter what, any pot head can go without weed and still function--might be a little cranky, but will be able to function just fine. Anyone that has been addicted to something like cocaine, heroine, or alcohol will tell you that they can literally not get through their day without shaking, getting sick, or just laying in bed without using.

People addicted to marijuana may have poor willpower, but can break the habit with very little side effect. People addicted to cocaine cannot do it cold turkey without feeling miserable.

Why don't you read up on this since you seem to think you know so much?

[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1406838930' post='9826577']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406838270' post='9826451']
[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1406837788' post='9826355']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1406837695' post='9826331']
What a shocker!

Guy looks like the poster child for THC use.

What a waste of talent.
[/quote]

Yeah since THC is addictive and all and normally requires intensive rehab...
[/quote]

And I suppose alcohol isn't addictive either?

Johnson always looked like a stoner. People who smoke marijuana can be led into harder drugs or a combination. I know a Guy which almost killed two people in a robbery and tried to kill two cops. His defense was that he was addicted to marijuana.
[/quote]

Alcohol is 100% addictive, much more so than marijuana.

Marijuana is not physically addictive, regardless of the mumbo jumbo the government has fed you for the last 60-70 years. There is nothing in it that makes you want to start smoking crack or injecting yourself with heroin.

If the guy you are talking about was smoking weed, he would have been too lazy to rob anyone or try to kill the police, he would be at home watching cartoons and eating cheetos.
[/quote]Blah Blah Blah....I have heard this many times before, and it may be true for some people, but certainly not everyone. Alcohol, pot etc. all effect people differently, saying pot will only make you a lazy Cheeto eating stoner is like saying everyone who rides a golf cart is lazy, or saying everyone who eats McDonalds is fat, or than anyone who drinks alcohol is a wife beater. It could be true but it could be much worse than that, or much less worse than that. I know this not from what I have read in the legalize marijuana propaganda but from what I have experienced and observed in real life.

Yes smoking pot can lead to drug use of another nature, not everyone who drinks is addicted, and yes some people whether it is physical or mental are addicted to pot, maybe not in the same way they would be with meth...but there are people in society who let it rule their life. I know this because I know people who are that way. I also know people who may use it on rare occasions, and it is not a problem.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

[quote name='pmo09' timestamp='1406841855' post='9827007']
[quote name='Auditor_Kevin' timestamp='1406837847' post='9826369'] And yeah - judging by those pics his fiance throws all over the internet, she's definitely an enabler here. He'd be well suited to go the Rory route before committing half his winnings to someone with the mentality of a 16 year old.
[/quote]

Pretty big assumption there, seeing as he was arrested in 2009 for DUI and also was rumoured to have been given a drug suspension by the PGA tour in late 2011-early 2012. A ton of people strongly suggested cocaine
[/quote]

548 users in the topic right now. Wow.

Sorry, I don't think I made my point clear. An enabler isn't someone who turns a person down a road of bad behavior. An enabler is a person who facilitates someone who is already on the road to self-destruction. I'm sure you already know that but I wanted to make the point clear. Gretzky is definitely an enabler. Calling her the next Paris Hilton seems pretty spot on, actually.

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

We all have demons. Every one of us. Every. One. Those making light of something like this either havent been through an addiction, or have had to personally help someone through an addiction. I have. Which is why Im not making light of this at all.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs, whatever it is he's seeking help for. The first step is admitting you have a problem, which he has.

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1406841037' post='9826891']
[quote name='Ronanraff' timestamp='1406840637' post='9826837']
If it is drug use and a failed drug test by the tour I suspect more details will break pretty quickly. If this is an issue then why not give him an option to address it and get well. Addiction is an illness and I know people will say, "he put himself in the situation!" That is true, everyone is responsible for their own actions but if he or others have brought this to a head where he is going to seek help then maybe we should give him a break. I'm from the other side of the pond and don't know his girlfriend or her perceived reputation but making judgments about her and apportioning blame is maybe a tad premature until the facts are known.
[/quote]

The Tour treats things much more privately than other professional sports leagues. They keep things "in the locker room" more often than a lot of people realize. This is one of the reasons why they did not want Vijays lawyers to put their past drug testing and other disciplinary actions into the court documents for the deer antler lawsuit.

I believe this to be Option A given to him by someone.
[/quote]

Here is my theory.
After testing positive so many times, the tour mandates some type of rehab before player is able to return.
Dustin agreed because he desires to return to the tour.
Anthony Kim decided he didn't want to do rehab so he is no longer on tour.
Again, just a theory.

[quote name='Krt22' timestamp='1406841731' post='9826987']

REALLY???
[/quote]

Please do some research or at least look up the formal definition of addiction before you pull your hair out in disbelieve.

There is a huge difference between physical addiction and habit formation.

Some poor SOB might drink 5 liters of cola a day for 20 years, then one day tell himself to cut it out, He will be able to do it, without his body shutting down and going into withdrawal. Same goes for THC. Ultimately it will come from from mental fortitude.

The same cannot be said about the other physically addictive substances you listed.
[/quote]

No. Even the leading Marijuana advocates say that THC can be addictive. The physical withdrawals are just mild compared with other drugs. Go check out the homeless shelters in Denver and see the markedly increase in teenagers there. Tell me how great marijuana is.

We get it. You like to smoke weed. You're not addicted. I don't care.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]