• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thunder Dan' timestamp='1407267970' post='9864211']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407267533' post='9864147']
[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1407263973' post='9863649']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407259138' post='9863013']
Its almost disturbing knowing Bubba's club choice can affect so many hacks.
[/quote]

There's a very likely chance that Bubba is being difficult in this situation. Unaccommodating, at least.

Not sure the hack comment was necessary.
[/quote]

No tour player, much less Bubba, should have to accommodate spectator wishes. If a few others accommodate the animals, fine, that's their choice That in no way suggests you are entitled to think your wishes should be met. That alone is disturbing.

The other point in using 'hacks'; typically, they don't think about course mgt. If the range and all my playing experience has been any indicator, all they care about is hitting driver as hard as possible, no matter where it might land or resulting score. As you know, Bubba and every other guy out there plays golf for a living; they have to maintain, some more than others.

Wishing he hit driver and then calling him names or insulting him, for not granting the entitled mind, his wish, in my estimation, is sorry behavior.
[/quote]

I disagree. Their whole stupid job is to entertain fans. If the fans didn't exist they would be working normal jobs living normal lives. Pro golf adds nothing to society. It's a frivolous profession they are lucky enough to get paid millions to do. There are moments you have to give back to the fans like this one. It would be different if it was during a tournament round, but it's Tuesday, fans pay good money to watch them practice, stop being a baby and hit a driver.
[/quote]

I agree with much of what you said, but you or the fans, are NOT ENTITLED TO DEMAND anything from a professional golfer, and its the independent contractors choice to respond to fan requests, that's all. For anyone to think otherwise, shows a lack of understanding of where you sit in life. The right you have as a viewer, is chose not to pay or view or be in the gallery.. Also, remember, "who' pays the participants; not gate receipts, but sponsors.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[/quote]

There's a very likely chance that Bubba is being difficult in this situation. Unaccommodating, at least.

[/quote]

No tour player, much less Bubba, should have to accommodate spectator wishes. If a few others accommodate the animals, fine, that's their choice That in no way suggests you are entitled to think your wishes should be met. That alone is disturbing.

The other point in using 'hacks'; typically, they don't think about course mgt. If the range and all my playing experience has been any indicator, all they care about is hitting driver as hard as possible, no matter where it might land or resulting score. As you know, Bubba and every other guy out there plays golf for a living; they have to maintain, some more than others.

Wishing he hit driver and then calling him names or insulting him, for not granting the entitled mind, his wish, in my estimation, is sorry behavior.
[/quote]

I just learned that your care package from Bubba is arriving in the mail.

[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1407268940' post='9864361']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Course management? It's a driver hole for him, he said as much afterwards. He hit 3 iron to protest the event.
[/quote]

I like Bubba, but I am not defending him because of that, but his freedom of choice. Whether you and others like it has no merit. Individually or collectively, you're not all that important to any tour players success, much less Bubba's. Why, because there are more people that like Bubba, as is, than those that like to call him names and think they are entitled to their wishes. And you DO NOT KNOW what was going through his mind. To suggest you do, means your a mind reader and we both know that isn't your strength or weakness.... :)

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407269479' post='9864439']
[quote name='Thunder Dan' timestamp='1407267970' post='9864211']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree. Their whole stupid job is to entertain fans. If the fans didn't exist they would be working normal jobs living normal lives. Pro golf adds nothing to society. It's a frivolous profession they are lucky enough to get paid millions to do. There are moments you have to give back to the fans like this one. It would be different if it was during a tournament round, but it's Tuesday, fans pay good money to watch them practice, stop being a baby and hit a driver.
[/quote]

I agree with much of what you said, but you or the fans, are NOT ENTITLED TO DEMAND anything from a professional golfer, and its the independent contractors choice to respond to fan requests, that's all. For anyone to think otherwise, shows a lack of understanding of where you sit in life. The right you have as a viewer, is chose not to pay or view or be in the gallery.. Also, remember, "who' pays the participants; not gate receipts, but sponsors.
[/quote]

Sponsors sponsor an event knowing fans will watch and have a good time. In this tournament the PGA of America puts on this event once a year and puts lots of thought in planning as to how to make the event special for the fans (which afterall is who they make their money from, because again, no fans, no sponsors). This long drive contest was not put on to appease the PGA of America, or to settle any beefs among the players, it was done to entertain the fans who took time out of their work lives (which probably contribute to society much more than a golfer: doctors, teachers, police, bankers etc) to see guys PRACTICE golf.

Why play in a Par 3 contest? Why have a par 3 contest? For the fans?

I'd go as far to say that if this exact situation happened at Augusta they would tell Bubba to not come back the next year. It's one thing to not participate, but to make a mockery and draw attention to yourself like this is stupid. All he had to do is hit the pink driver into the rough and it's no big deal.

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407270014' post='9864501']
[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1407268940' post='9864361']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Course management? It's a driver hole for him, he said as much afterwards. He hit 3 iron to protest the event.
[/quote]

I like Bubba, but I am not defending him because of that, but his freedom of choice. Whether you and others like it has no merit. Individually or collectively, you're not all that important to any tour players success, much less Bubba's. Why, because there are more people that like Bubba, as is, than those that like to call him names and think they are entitled to their wishes. And you DO NOT KNOW what was going through his mind. To suggest you do, means your a mind reader and we both know that isn't your strength or weakness.... :)
[/quote]

You're right, Bubba does have the freedom of choice to spite an event for no reason other than to prove some ridiculous point that, based on his past antics, has no merit other than to save face for what he said prior to the tournament.

It doesn't mean he isn't a loser for doing so.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

[quote name='Thunder Dan' timestamp='1407270107' post='9864521']
Sponsors sponsor an event knowing fans will watch and have a good time. In this tournament the PGA of America puts on this event once a year and puts lots of thought in planning as to how to make the event special for the fans (which afterall is who they make their money from, because again, no fans, no sponsors). This long drive contest was not put on to appease the PGA of America, or to settle any beefs among the players, it was done to entertain the fans who took time out of their work lives (which probably contribute to society much more than a golfer: doctors, teachers, police, bankers etc) to see guys PRACTICE golf.

Why play in a Par 3 contest? Why have a par 3 contest? For the fans?

I'd go as far to say that if this exact situation happened at Augusta they would tell Bubba to not come back the next year. It's one thing to not participate, but to make a mockery and draw attention to yourself like this is stupid. All he had to do is hit the pink driver into the rough and it's no big deal.
[/quote]

Though your reasoning has merit, which as much as said; it's NOT the end all be all for tour player decisions. The fact remains, any contestant can chose to feed the animals, or not. We all work for a living, or many not, but that inherently does not grant us entitlement rights. The fact that Bubba didn't do something that you all wanted, doesn't merit adolescent name calling behavior and insults. That's my point. Your "IF" conjecture regarding Augusta has no merit in this discussion, what so ever. Besides, Bubba has two jackets. I am confident Augusta leadership values that much more that a sliver segment of entitlement minds.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

Least favorite pro athlete.....

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='TLUBulldogGolf' timestamp='1407270689' post='9864567']

You're right, Bubba does have the freedom of choice to spite an event for no reason other than to prove some ridiculous point that, based on his past antics, has no merit other than to save face for what he said prior to the tournament.

[/quote]

Really... He's got two green jackets and how many tour wins? And you have? By comparison, I wouldn't use the word loser, if I were you. :lol:

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407270989' post='9864609']

[/quote]

Really... He's got two green jackets and how many tour wins? And you have? By comparison, I wouldn't use the word loser, if I were you. :lol:
[/quote]

Ad hominem...for when you have no real rebuttal.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1407271667' post='9864703']
Phil was just talking about how much he liked the long drive contest and that he hopes he do it again. He seemed really genuine about that too.
[/quote]

Phil admires his fans, big difference here.

Ping G400 AD-DI
Ping G425 3 Wood

Adams XTD 3 Hybrid
Srixon ZX7 4-PW
Scratch 53 & 58
Studio Select Kombi

[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1407268398' post='9864271']
I'm going to guess Rory takes it with a 350+ yard drive.

Adam Scott said when he hit his it was at 7AM, no warm up, and was the first shot he hit of the day.
[/quote]

WHAT? The risk of injury! Oh the humanity! Why would he take such risks?!?!?

[quote name='Craglyboy' timestamp='1407271864' post='9864727']
man up for god sake, if you dont want to take it seriously play it right handed at least that would be funny which he's "supposed" to be with all this golf boys crap.
[/quote]

Ding ding! That would have been awesome. Everyone would have enjoyed that!

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1407270989' post='9864609']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Being a good person is worth more than winning a golf tournament.

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

Pretty sure he just didn't want to get outdriven by Rory

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

I hope he gets quads on the 10th using his driver on Thursday and Friday.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

[quote name='golf1010' timestamp='1407273583' post='9864933']
Let's just ignore this clown. I'm tired of him as is [b]most of the reasonable crowd that follows golf[/b]. Everything think he does seems to go against everything he says he's about
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is true. I have a good buddy that follows golf. He isn't a WRXer so he isn't THAT kind of a golf follower. But he does watch most of the tournaments and knows of a lot of the pros. He plays at least 6 times a month. He loves Bubba. He sees the two green jackets, the homegrown swing, and the YouTube videos, and he eats it up. He doesn't understand where my dislike comes from...

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

[quote name='blink3665' timestamp='1407275670' post='9865197']
[quote name='golf1010' timestamp='1407273583' post='9864933']
Let's just ignore this clown. I'm tired of him as is [b]most of the reasonable crowd that follows golf[/b]. Everything think he does seems to go against everything he says he's about
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is true. I have a good buddy that follows golf. He isn't a WRXer so he isn't THAT kind of a golf follower. But he does watch most of the tournaments and knows of a lot of the pros. He plays at least 6 times a month. He loves Bubba. He sees the two green jackets, the homegrown swing, and the YouTube videos, and he eats it up. He doesn't understand where my dislike comes from...
[/quote]

Just curious, Is your friend not allowed to have his own opinion, drawn from his own reasoning? Or should he be beat over the head by a mob like this because he has a different take on it? Is he a fool because he sees different than you, like you are implying?

I'm on golfwrx, so according to you I'm "That" kind of golf follower.....so am I a fool for not caring about what Bubbas antics are? For not joining the lynch mob? Am I not reasonable?

I couldn't care less if he is a serial killer....I tune in to watch him play golf. He's great golfer and fun to watch. Who he is off the court is his own choice and responsibility. If you are looking for real role models, go to a boys and girls club or something where real people donate their time. I don't understand the outrage when people see professional athletes act arrogant, like jerks, make questionable decisions, or blow off people......it's not the first or last time it will happen.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB