2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1422133240' post='10810961']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1422133078' post='10810943']
2015 Hogan vsole looks similar to srixon's vsole on the 545-745-945 irons which have been getting great reviews.

Very interested in test-hitting at a minimum. If I buy, I can't wait to someone to ask me after a shot, 'what club was that?' And I say 'my 37.'

:)
[/quote]
You'll love them. I guarantee it! :) But as always the right shaft will be critical.
[/quote]

Uh oh... That's bad news for my 69s... :)

Been waiting on an in-depth report from you since Tuesday! Have you posted in the main Hogan thread yet?

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1422133392' post='10810973']
[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1422133240' post='10810961']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1422133078' post='10810943']
2015 Hogan vsole looks similar to srixon's vsole on the 545-745-945 irons which have been getting great reviews.

Very interested in test-hitting at a minimum. If I buy, I can't wait to someone to ask me after a shot, 'what club was that?' And I say 'my 37.'

:)
[/quote]
You'll love them. I guarantee it! :) But as always the right shaft will be critical.
[/quote]

Uh oh... That's bad news for my 69s... :)

Been waiting on an in-depth report from you since Tuesday! Have you posted in the main Hogan thread yet?
[/quote]
Not yet. I posted something in the PGA Show thread I started within the main thread of all my observations.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1422135151' post='10811113']
How do they look heel to toe? As in small or large etc. top line doesn't matter to me as much. But I want short and round.

Edit. You know like sir mixalot said.
[/quote]
Smallish, but not baby bladish, short, but not quite as round. They're trying to make it appealing to the player who's ball striking is not an issue, but want to try to open it up to the guy who wants to experience blades, thus the mini-cavity in the back. But that small thing is not going to save a bad shot.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Just came in from hitting a bucket of 8 and 3 irons (razr MB) and I think the mp68 are coming out of the bag. The sole grind and short heel toe shape of these callaway razr MB may be the best iron I've ever hit to date. And I'm honestly shocked by that . Where they really shine is the long irons. Super easy to hit. Am I nuts ? I've hit them this good since the post man delivered them. Bucket after bucket.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Long heel to toe is starting to become a turnoff for me.

Well, I played today for the first time since September. Really windy here, like mid 20s sustained and gusts that were brutal. I surprising shot 2 over in the front but finished the last 4 holes with 3 double bogeys to shoot 83. Muffed a chip, left one in the bunker, and on the last hole I just was mentally out of it tee to green after blowing up the last 3 holes and hit all crap shots on 18, even flew the green from 60 yards after punching out. I realized I could go 79 with 2 left if I par'ed out and of course went 4 over to finish. Freaking golf.......Still, not bad. Only a couple super bad iron shots, so overall I am feeling pretty positive.

My buddy played my mp14s. He shot 93, exactly what he does with his TM SGIs. He wants to try them more, no bet needed, he likes them better, he made MANY comments about the feedback. So, there you go, a 90s golfer playing the exact same, but was digging the feedback and sole. I am starting to almost think equipment doesn't matter at all levels, not just single digit, so I still do not understand why it is so ingrained that blades punish a 20 cap. By all accounts here he should have shot 105 and needed surgery to repair the nerves in his hands.....

I'm with you bM. I honestly don't think equipment matters near as much as people think. Sort of like putters. I have my favorites. But I hover around 29-30 putts a round no mater what I use. What I would give for a round with 25 putts.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1422139856' post='10811429']
Just came in from hitting a bucket of 8 and 3 irons (razr MB) and I think the mp68 are coming out of the bag. The sole grind and short heel toe shape of these callaway razr MB may be the best iron I've ever hit to date. And I'm honestly shocked by that . Where they really shine is the long irons. Super easy to hit. Am I nuts ? I've hit them this good since the post man delivered them. Bucket after bucket.
[/quote]

Not crazy at all! I find them to be one of the best feeling irons out there. They would be my first look if I were to go full bore...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1422135472' post='10811129']
[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1422135151' post='10811113']
How do they look heel to toe? As in small or large etc. top line doesn't matter to me as much. But I want short and round.

Edit. You know like sir mixalot said.
[/quote]
Smallish, but not baby bladish, short, but not quite as round. They're trying to make it appealing to the player who's ball striking is not an issue, but want to try to open it up to the guy who wants to experience blades, thus the mini-cavity in the back. But that small thing is not going to save a bad shot.
[/quote]

I agree. I don't think that pocket cavity is going to do much of anything. I've hit club like the 712 MB's and CB's and could tell no difference in forgiveness between those two types of clubs. You have to get into clubs with deeper cavities or SGI clubs before you see and feel a noticeable improvement in forgiveness. Just out of curiosity I would've liked to have seen what the new hogans would have looked like as a blade. Also I like a satin finish but would have loved to seen a mirror chrome finish like on the old Hogans.

[quote name='bladehunter' timestamp='1422143065' post='10811647']
I'm with you bM. I honestly don't think equipment matters near as much as people think. Sort of like putters. I have my favorites. But I hover around 29-30 putts a round no mater what I use. What I would give for a round with 25 putts.
[/quote]

I've shot my best score with SGI irons and mid-mallet putters but my day to day scores don't really look that much different switching equipment here or there.

How do you guys find the Miura blades? I'm looking at a used set from a friend, but is worried about its forgiveness, or lack of it. I have a cast irons right now but they make my left elbow experience some pains for the first time. So looking for forged and I heard the Miuras are very soft, so considering it. Quite expensive brand new, so I'm tempted with these used sets.

Btw, I play in the high 80s before, but is getting back to golf after a 6-year hiatus. Seems like very few know Miuras. So would like 2nd opinions on them.

[quote name='nickbran' timestamp='1422147168' post='10811969']
How do you guys find the Miura blades? I'm looking at a used set from a friend, but is worried about its forgiveness, or lack of it. I have a cast irons right now but they make my left elbow experience some pains for the first time. So looking for forged and I heard the Miuras are very soft, so considering it. Quite expensive brand new, so I'm tempted with these used sets.

Btw, I play in the high 80s before, but is getting back to golf after a 6-year hiatus. Seems like very few know Miuras. So would like 2nd opinions on them.
[/quote]

Do a search. There are a lot of reviews. People love to talk and talk and talk about their Miuras. Seriously.

[quote name='nickbran' timestamp='1422148526' post='10812101']
Yes, I've searched. But the participants in this thread looks like the more unbiased and knowledgeable about various blades. I've asked almost all people that I see use Miuras, and they all are smitten of it, a bit too proud not to be biased imo.
[/quote]

OK. I'll give you my unbiased opinion. I think they're expensive and overrated. When you pay that kind of money for something you feel obligated to blather on about how great they are and what buttery soft feel they have. It's the same thing as when they put the same wine in two different types of packaging, one is in very plain packaging and the other is in a very ornate packaging, and then they do a taste test between the two. People will swear up and down that the wine in the fancy packaging is indeed better and will use many superlatives describing why it is better than the plain wine. It's the same with golf clubs.

To add...

These things are much more important.
Does the sole grind suit you?
Does the shaft suit you?
Does the swing weight and overall weight suit you?
Does the level of forgiveness suit you?
Does the look at address suit you?

Where a club is forged is least on the list of what makes a club suitable for you.....unless you just want prestige. Then by all means buy the Miuras.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1422139963' post='10811441']
Long heel to toe is starting to become a turnoff for me.

Well, I played today for the first time since September. Really windy here, like mid 20s sustained and gusts that were brutal. I surprising shot 2 over in the front but finished the last 4 holes with 3 double bogeys to shoot 83. Muffed a chip, left one in the bunker, and on the last hole I just was mentally out of it tee to green after blowing up the last 3 holes and hit all crap shots on 18, even flew the green from 60 yards after punching out. I realized I could go 79 with 2 left if I par'ed out and of course went 4 over to finish. Freaking golf.......Still, not bad. Only a couple super bad iron shots, so overall I am feeling pretty positive.

My buddy played my mp14s. He shot 93, exactly what he does with his TM SGIs. He wants to try them more, no bet needed, he likes them better, he made MANY comments about the feedback. So, there you go, a 90s golfer playing the exact same, but was digging the feedback and sole. [b]I am starting to almost think equipment doesn't matter at all levels, not just single digit,[/b] so I still do not understand why it is so ingrained that blades punish a 20 cap. By all accounts here he should have shot 105 and needed surgery to repair the nerves in his hands.....
[/quote]

Bigmean all I can say is "finally!" to what I put in bold. Now we may be in 100% alignment about our views on blades with that.

To me the only reason for a 20 cap to avoid it is the psychology of the feel of a bad shot. I can tell you as a 16 index during times of struggle with my swing, my mp-67s were brutal on my psyche. In fact it was around then that I went to a GI 3i and 4i (which I hit worse than my mp-60s and mp-67s so I gave them up after a full season of play) because I started thinking maybe I shouldn't play blades. The bad mishit hurts worse and if you are doing it repeatedly it can be frustrating and demoralizing. But if that 20 cap perseveres and commits to practice, they will be fine playing a blade.

The only exception I have to this is that some golfers and their swings, games, and physiques may not play blades well. But this has nothing to do with handicap. Also the type of course and conditions you play are factors (as mentioned earlier and in numerous blades threads).

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1422151197' post='10812325']
not a popular notion around here, but i think folks should be judged as golfers by how good they are rather than what gear they play
[/quote]

I don't think I've read a single post in this thread contrary to what you stated. Moreover we are just talking about blades and how it is irrelevant how good you need to be to play them.

It's good you haven't blocked this thread T.Beau, like you wanted to in an earlier post. Can you share something positive about playing blades or share some pictures?

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Ok, I will bite. I actually agree with arafel that people in general are predisposed to overly flow about expensive things they have etc. I am not that guy. In fact, if anything I err on wanting to be too cool for that overhyped crap. I bought and sold a set of JDM blades people rave about, fh1000s, in fact, I have never heard a bad thing on them. I hated them. Sold after 3 rounds and range time while I could still get my money. Then I got the miura small blades. Had I not felt like they were what I had hoped and then some, they would have been right back on eBay while they were still worth money back like the fourteens and I would have just tried again. I committed myself to buying right, and selling +/- $75 on nice blade sets in search of demo playing some japanese stuff I can't demo locally until I realized JDM was BS or I found a set it like better than my mp 14s.

So I while I agree with arafel in general, it is not always true. I have the extra money for this stuff because I value money and value over any material thing, let alone clubs. Now value is very subjective, never confuse value with cost, even though cost is ways part of the equation to find your value.

We also disagree on the "overrated", but that kinda ties in to people glowing so much. Feel is subjective. I do think that these feel so unique that frankly anyone would get it, even if they don't like it. And I certainly would not think that just because someone likes it or gets it, that they would pay the ransom for it, because even knowing that, you can get bomb sets for $300-$400.

That said, I have only hit the baby blades. I can't speak for anything else from miura, or for how your nervous system reacts to these or anything else, but they are by far the best feeling club I have ever hit for my tastes. But for me this is just an everything is perfect club. Short heel to toe, square toe, address frames perfect, and the business end of the impact is the best I have felt. I can say this if they cost $200, or $20,000. I have no need to be unbiased because I spent a grand on like new used clubs that I could sell tomorrow for my money back. Now at full retail new, I don't think I would buy them. At that point my nitpicky feel can handle a used set of mp4s or something for $400 and the value would be better.

That is as unbiased as I can be. The clubs I am most biased toward are my mp 14s. They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Also, you mentioned you elbow and impact etc. no blade feels good if you are missing it, and Miuras are a ballstrikers club, or at least the small blades are. Also, there are softer clubs out there, my Vegas are softer than my Miuras if soft is your number one criteria, but all that talk makes me think shaft is something you need to look at, not heads.

[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1422150320' post='10812251']
Yes, I've searched. But the participants in this thread looks like the more unbiased and knowledgeable about various blades. I've asked almost all people that I see use Miuras, and they all are smitten of it, a bit too proud not to be biased imo.
[/quote]

OK. I'll give you my unbiased opinion. I think they're expensive and overrated. When you pay that kind of money for something you feel obligated to blather on about how great they are and what buttery soft feel they have. It's the same thing as when they put the same wine in two different types of packaging, one is in very plain packaging and the other is in a very ornate packaging, and then they do a taste test between the two. People will swear up and down that the wine in the fancy packaging is indeed better and will use many superlatives describing why it is better than the plain wine. It's the same with golf clubs.

To add...

Does the shaft suit you?

Where a club is forged is least on the list of what makes a club suitable for you.....unless you just want prestige. Then by all means buy the Miuras.
[/quote]

My biggest criteria atm is the softest feeling. But I don't like too inconsistent clubhead weights. The softest based on my own research and asking around is Mizunos, but was surprised by someone saying it has inconsistent clubhead weights. When I asked, someone pointed me to Miuras. Thus my interest in Miuras. I found that it's expensive,!if not the most, so I'm looking for used.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1422152628' post='10812447']
Ok, I will bite. I actually agree with arafel that people in general are predisposed to overly flow about expensive things they have etc. I am not that guy. In fact, if anything I err on wanting to be too cool for that overhyped crap. I bought and sold a set of JDM blades people rave about, fh1000s, in fact, I have never heard a bad thing on them. I hated them. Sold after 3 rounds and range time while I could still get my money. Then I got the miura small blades. Had I not felt like they were what I had hoped and then some, they would have been right back on eBay while they were still worth money back like the fourteens and I would have just tried again. I committed myself to buying right, and selling +/- $75 on nice blade sets in search of demo playing some japanese stuff I can't demo locally until I realized JDM was BS or I found a set it like better than my mp 14s.

So I while I agree with arafel in general, it is not always true. I have the extra money for this stuff because I value money and value over any material thing, let alone clubs. Now value is very subjective, never confuse value with cost, even though cost is ways part of the equation to find your value.

We also disagree on the "overrated", but that kinda ties in to people glowing so much. Feel is subjective. I do think that these feel so unique that frankly anyone would get it, even if they don't like it. And I certainly would not think that just because someone likes it or gets it, that they would pay the ransom for it, because even knowing that, you can get bomb sets for $300-$400.

That said, I have only hit the baby blades. I can't speak for anything else from miura, or for how your nervous system reacts to these or anything else, but they are by far the best feeling club I have ever hit for my tastes. But for me this is just an everything is perfect club. Short heel to toe, square toe, address frames perfect, and the business end of the impact is the best I have felt. I can say this if they cost $200, or $20,000. I have no need to be unbiased because I spent a grand on like new used clubs that I could sell tomorrow for my money back. Now at full retail new, I don't think I would buy them. At that point my nitpicky feel can handle a used set of mp4s or something for $400 and the value would be better.

That is as unbiased as I can be. The clubs I am most biased toward are my mp 14s. They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Also, you mentioned you elbow and impact etc. no blade feels good if you are missing it, and Miuras are a ballstrikers club, or at least the small blades are. Also, there are softer clubs out there, my Vegas are softer than my Miuras if soft is your number one criteria, but all that talk makes me think shaft is something you need to look at, not heads.
[/quote]
I have cavity backs, and they hurt very much when I miss the sweetspot. I tried a blade Mizunos, and evening I miss the sweetspot more often, the elbow pain is substantially less. Missing the sweetspot still means soft, unlike the cavity back. I guess the material plays a part.

Would be very happy with the Mizunos were it not for different weights from clubhead to clubhead.

I'm aware shafts could affect feel (soft vs hard), but I don't like to change the shafts I've been using way back.

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1422151197' post='10812325']
not a popular notion around here, but i think folks should be judged as golfers by how good they are rather than what gear they play
[/quote]

totally agree.... "we" should stop judging folks for being over 10 cap while playing an MB iron.... Not a single person in this thread has been "judging" anyone on their gear....we have simply been sharing what that gear is or has been...

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='nickbran' timestamp='1422154713' post='10812607']
[quote name='Arafel' timestamp='1422150320' post='10812251']
[/quote]

To add...

Does the shaft suit you?

[/quote]

My biggest criteria atm is the softest feeling. But I don't like too inconsistent clubhead weights. The softest based on my own research and asking around is Mizunos, but was surprised by someone saying it has inconsistent clubhead weights. When I asked, someone pointed me to Miuras. Thus my interest in Miuras. I found that it's expensive,!if not the most, so I'm looking for used.
[/quote]

the problem you may have ran into with Mizuno is one I have had myself... they make heavy and light weight heads,,,(others do as well but Mizuno seems to be the biggest difference) standard length clubs get heavier heads and anything over standard get lighter weight ...I once built a set of MP68 with standard heads (heavier) but plus 1/2 length...the swingweight was through the roof.. I have even seen a mismatched set ...where someone had taken a 5-pw overlength (lighter) head and added a 3 4 iron heaver head....then complained the long irons were hard to hit...of course they were they were at around D4 or so swingweight ....which is usually where guys play wedges ...My point is always call Mizuno with serial numbers to determine if the heads are the lighter or heavier weights , that way you can see if the length matches the heads and then adjust swingweight from there.... hope that all made sense...

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='teevons' timestamp='1422147438' post='10812009']For you Hogan reline lovers I found this set at an estate sale yesterday, mint irons,lok like un hit persimmon woods and hogan Staff bag[/quote]

Teevons great find!

I just picked up another set of Redlines today on EB!! I sold my original set years ago for some cash. First thing I'm doing is leather wraps! Need an EW also.

The persimmons look awesome - I'd love to hit one of those.

JD

BH, I have heard that. I heard it is one thing to be careful for from ebayer mizunos.

Nick, I don't know what to tell you. Like I said, I think my Miuras are the best clubs I have hit feel wise, but from what you are saying I am a little confused. Again, look at Vegas or epons(so the JDM guys say,) if soft is just the absolute number one thing. Miuras are not the softest clubs out there, they are softer than most, but not all. Anything JDM will have pretty precise headweights by the way. Bh explained why you heard what you did on mizuno. Yonex ezones look disgusting and I believe they are soft. They are a blade with some kind of "tech" with another metal forged in. Dude, you could throw a dart at japanese blades blindfold and get a killer soft set 8/10 times.

[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1422186612' post='10813963']
BH, I have heard that. I heard it is one thing to be careful for from ebayer mizunos.

Nick, I don't know what to tell you. Like I said, I think my Miuras are the best clubs I have hit feel wise, but from what you are saying I am a little confused. Again, look at Vegas or epons(so the JDM guys say,) if soft is just the absolute number one thing. Miuras are not the softest clubs out there, they are softer than most, but not all. Anything JDM will have pretty precise headweights by the way. Bh explained why you heard what you did on mizuno. Yonex ezones look disgusting and I believe they are soft. They are a blade with some kind of "tech" with another metal forged in. Dude, you could throw a dart at japanese blades blindfold and get a killer soft set 8/10 times.
[/quote]
Ok. Thanks. Unfortunately only Miuras is JDM I could get my hands on. Not keen on purchasing online, I like to touch them first before buying. I think I've seen a Yonex, 14, but I thought they're crap as I haven't heard much about them. Maybe should check them out again. No Vegas though. I thought only Miuras had exact swing weights. Mizunos are terrible in this as BH narrated. I disassembled a set once and I saw lots of add on weights on the shafts. How could they be that off in weights?

[quote name='nickbran' timestamp='1422194591' post='10814189']
[quote name='Bigmean' timestamp='1422186612' post='10813963']

[/quote]
Ok. Thanks. Unfortunately only Miuras is JDM I could get my hands on. Not keen on purchasing online, I like to touch them first before buying. I think I've seen a Yonex, 14, but I thought they're crap as I haven't heard much about them. Maybe should check them out again. No Vegas though. I thought only Miuras had exact swing weights. Mizunos are terrible in this as BH narrated. I disassembled a set once and I saw lots of add on weights on the shafts. How could they be that off in weights?
[/quote]

FWIW, my own Mizunos were pretty good, when I reshafted my set. They were consistent on the scale without using tip weights.

I should add my set is about 25 years old, as well. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors