2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

> @Dashfast said:

> Played Wilmette this morning (my third time this year) and the conditions were actually not as bad as I had imagined, given the preceding rain. My one gripe though is that the mowing/landscaping crews were working at the exact same pace as my round. I ran into them on every hole. And, this is the third round in a row that it’s happened there. I’ll admit: I do go out at the first tee time, but I’m starting to think they should push the first tee time back. It ruins an otherwise enjoyable round when you have to play into four dudes each atop a loud, large landscaping vehicle.

Do you play in a group or as a single?

Mt Prospect is CPO this morning (I walk, so no biggee).

League tonite, looking forward to it.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @dhartmann34 said:

> > **For those of you interested, big demo day at Pro Circle Golf in Spring Grove in June 8th. Full grass range with all of the companies listed. I think he has a discount for clubs purchased within a week of the demo day as well. **

> >

> > zxv38nr1aeed.jpg

> > l36dufpabwcy.jpg

> >

>

> Is this the range across from Prairie Isle?

No, it's on highway 12 between Fox Lake and Richmond. Just past Johnsburg Road on the right.

Gary is a really good guy who fit me for some Pings back in the day.

• Like 1

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

No, the range across from Prairie Isle has been closed for at least a few years. It's in Spring Grove. Further up route 12.

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @dhartmann34 said:

> > **For those of you interested, big demo day at Pro Circle Golf in Spring Grove in June 8th. Full grass range with all of the companies listed. I think he has a discount for clubs purchased within a week of the demo day as well. **

> >

> > zxv38nr1aeed.jpg

> > l36dufpabwcy.jpg

> >

>

> Is this the range across from Prairie Isle?

... Finally got out to play today, although it was tough finding a parking space for my Ark. ? Greens at Naperbrook were surprisingly nice, rolling true and right about medium speed. No carts allowed on the course and they said they are maybe a week away from allowing any. It was certainly wet, but not overly so, although there were several low lying spots that were just silly. How silly? The first picture is about 100 yds off the #1 tee and a turtle was enjoying him/herself in his/her new fairway spa. The second picture is the pond off the #4 tee box and interestingly I saw several minnows swimming in the water. Interestingly because as most of you know, that is normally just grass. More storms expected tonite... sigh.

a3lhhp218kw1.jpg

cdcwlkeyf9or.jpg

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

If the mosquitoes are as bad as they were out in the Quad Cities I'm taking up bowling.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I bought another bottle of Off Deep Woods to keep in the bag. walking the course in shorts those four days I wasn't bothered much. could see swarms of gnats and those mini bee looking things everywhere.

pro tip: give a light spray to the underside of your hat brim prior to wear.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Mt Prospect was CPO tonite, but the course is in great shape overall. Greens still rolling fast and true. Bugs not bad, yet.

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @Dashfast said:

> @mci711 I played as a single.

That's most likely the problem. A lot of courses won't allow singles to go off first as they will catch and usually pass maintenance. If it was a four some and you ran into that problem they would have to figure it out. Tough spot for us that play as a single though.

I've gone off first as a single more times than I can count, and in only one case did the course hold me up to prevent me from catching the maintenance crew. Dealing with them is just part of the experience of jumping out quickly. In my many rounds I only recall a few instances where it was a problem, usually the leap frogging. Another minor annoyance is when they're in the process of changing the pins. The pin for the day is position #3, but the latter pins are still in position #2 from yesterday. I'm more than willing to accept these first world problems in order to be off the course in less than 2 1/2 hours.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

> @Argonne69 said:

> I've gone off first as a single more times than I can count, and in only one case did the course hold me up to prevent me from catching the maintenance crew. Dealing with them is just part of the experience of jumping out quickly. In my many rounds I only recall a few instances where it was a problem, usually the leap frogging. Another minor annoyance is when they're in the process of changing the pins. The pin for the day is position #3, but the latter pins are still in position #2 from yesterday. I'm more than willing to accept these first world problems in order to be off the course in less than 2 1/2 hours.

>

>

I’ve also gone off first as a single numerous times. The only time they made me wait for maintenance was at Big Run a couple of years ago. As if I was gonna catch the maintenance crew while walking at that course. Sometimes I also need to wait for the green to clear because they’re in the process of changing the holes but that’s a minor nuisance. The maintenance guys have also tossed me balls they found. Weirdly, lots of Z Star XV’s. Not the most common urethane ball. I digress.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

> @ldchristopher said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > I've gone off first as a single more times than I can count, and in only one case did the course hold me up to prevent me from catching the maintenance crew. Dealing with them is just part of the experience of jumping out quickly. In my many rounds I only recall a few instances where it was a problem, usually the leap frogging. Another minor annoyance is when they're in the process of changing the pins. The pin for the day is position #3, but the latter pins are still in position #2 from yesterday. I'm more than willing to accept these first world problems in order to be off the course in less than 2 1/2 hours.

> >

> >

> I’ve also gone off first as a single numerous times. The only time they made me wait for maintenance was at Big Run a couple of years ago. As if I was gonna catch the maintenance crew while walking at that course. Sometimes I also need to wait for the green to clear because they’re in the process of changing the holes but that’s a minor nuisance. The maintenance guys have also tossed me balls they found. Weirdly, lots of Z Star XV’s. Not the most common urethane ball. I digress.

>

For the most part the grounds crews are pretty cool. I was shocked at St Andrews, though. On the par 3 17th at the New Course I was starting my swing when a groundskeeper came out of nowhere and started walking on the green. He didn't even bother to look to see if anyone was on the tee. I caught him out of the corner of my eye, and altered my swing, resulting in a dead pull 20 yds left of the green. FFS.

First visit to Villa Olivia on Saturday morning. I'm not expecting much. 'Just checking off another local course.

> @dhartmann34 said:

> **For those of you interested, big demo day at Pro Circle Golf in Spring Grove in June 8th. Full grass range with all of the companies listed. I think he has a discount for clubs purchased within a week of the demo day as well. **

>

> zxv38nr1aeed.jpg

> l36dufpabwcy.jpg

>

Dang I’ve been looking to get some new clubs and need a to demo some and that would be perfect but I won’t be in the area next weekend.

Anyone want to go play tomorrow (Friday) morning in the Northwest / north suburbs area?

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @ldchristopher said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > I've gone off first as a single more times than I can count, and in only one case did the course hold me up to prevent me from catching the maintenance crew. Dealing with them is just part of the experience of jumping out quickly. In my many rounds I only recall a few instances where it was a problem, usually the leap frogging. Another minor annoyance is when they're in the process of changing the pins. The pin for the day is position #3, but the latter pins are still in position #2 from yesterday. I'm more than willing to accept these first world problems in order to be off the course in less than 2 1/2 hours.

> > >

> > >

> > I’ve also gone off first as a single numerous times. The only time they made me wait for maintenance was at Big Run a couple of years ago. As if I was gonna catch the maintenance crew while walking at that course. Sometimes I also need to wait for the green to clear because they’re in the process of changing the holes but that’s a minor nuisance. The maintenance guys have also tossed me balls they found. Weirdly, lots of Z Star XV’s. Not the most common urethane ball. I digress.

> >

>

> For the most part the grounds crews are pretty cool. I was shocked at St Andrews, though. On the par 3 17th at the New Course I was starting my swing when a groundskeeper came out of nowhere and started walking on the green. He didn't even bother to look to see if anyone was on the tee. I caught him out of the corner of my eye, and altered my swing, resulting in a dead pull 20 yds left of the green. FFS.

I've also never had a problem with grounds crews. Don't hit into them and everyone can have a nice morning. I recently played a course in San Antonio where they would not allow me to play as a single. I checked their website and they had a ton of times open before 7, but don't let singles book. That's dumb, but whatever.

I showed up at the course early, few cars in the parking lot. I go to check in and they say they'll have to pair me with someone. I thought that's no problem at all, happy to play with another golfer. Then they told me to sit tight and they'll let me know when I'm paired up. There was no one there, so I asked if I could just go play now. They said no I had to be paired up. So I sat there for 45 minutes as they sent 2 foursomes out and I had to wait until there was a twosome I could join. It was literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen at a course. When courses make it this hard to play, it's no wonder rounds are down.

> @CMCSGolf said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @ldchristopher said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > I've gone off first as a single more times than I can count, and in only one case did the course hold me up to prevent me from catching the maintenance crew. Dealing with them is just part of the experience of jumping out quickly. In my many rounds I only recall a few instances where it was a problem, usually the leap frogging. Another minor annoyance is when they're in the process of changing the pins. The pin for the day is position #3, but the latter pins are still in position #2 from yesterday. I'm more than willing to accept these first world problems in order to be off the course in less than 2 1/2 hours.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > I’ve also gone off first as a single numerous times. The only time they made me wait for maintenance was at Big Run a couple of years ago. As if I was gonna catch the maintenance crew while walking at that course. Sometimes I also need to wait for the green to clear because they’re in the process of changing the holes but that’s a minor nuisance. The maintenance guys have also tossed me balls they found. Weirdly, lots of Z Star XV’s. Not the most common urethane ball. I digress.

> > >

> >

> > For the most part the grounds crews are pretty cool. I was shocked at St Andrews, though. On the par 3 17th at the New Course I was starting my swing when a groundskeeper came out of nowhere and started walking on the green. He didn't even bother to look to see if anyone was on the tee. I caught him out of the corner of my eye, and altered my swing, resulting in a dead pull 20 yds left of the green. FFS.

>

> I've also never had a problem with grounds crews. Don't hit into them and everyone can have a nice morning. I recently played a course in San Antonio where they would not allow me to play as a single. I checked their website and they had a ton of times open before 7, but don't let singles book. That's dumb, but whatever.

>

> I showed up at the course early, few cars in the parking lot. I go to check in and they say they'll have to pair me with someone. I thought that's no problem at all, happy to play with another golfer. Then they told me to sit tight and they'll let me know when I'm paired up. There was no one there, so I asked if I could just go play now. They said no I had to be paired up. So I sat there for 45 minutes as they sent 2 foursomes out and I had to wait until there was a twosome I could join. It was literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen at a course. When courses make it this hard to play, it's no wonder rounds are down.

Shame you didn't know if there was another course nearby that welcomed singles.....or had a pair for the first group out.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

> @CMCSGolf said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @ldchristopher said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > I've gone off first as a single more times than I can count, and in only one case did the course hold me up to prevent me from catching the maintenance crew. Dealing with them is just part of the experience of jumping out quickly. In my many rounds I only recall a few instances where it was a problem, usually the leap frogging. Another minor annoyance is when they're in the process of changing the pins. The pin for the day is position #3, but the latter pins are still in position #2 from yesterday. I'm more than willing to accept these first world problems in order to be off the course in less than 2 1/2 hours.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > I’ve also gone off first as a single numerous times. The only time they made me wait for maintenance was at Big Run a couple of years ago. As if I was gonna catch the maintenance crew while walking at that course. Sometimes I also need to wait for the green to clear because they’re in the process of changing the holes but that’s a minor nuisance. The maintenance guys have also tossed me balls they found. Weirdly, lots of Z Star XV’s. Not the most common urethane ball. I digress.

> > >

> >

> > For the most part the grounds crews are pretty cool. I was shocked at St Andrews, though. On the par 3 17th at the New Course I was starting my swing when a groundskeeper came out of nowhere and started walking on the green. He didn't even bother to look to see if anyone was on the tee. I caught him out of the corner of my eye, and altered my swing, resulting in a dead pull 20 yds left of the green. FFS.

>

> I've also never had a problem with grounds crews. Don't hit into them and everyone can have a nice morning. I recently played a course in San Antonio where they would not allow me to play as a single. I checked their website and they had a ton of times open before 7, but don't let singles book. That's dumb, but whatever.

>

> I showed up at the course early, few cars in the parking lot. I go to check in and they say they'll have to pair me with someone. I thought that's no problem at all, happy to play with another golfer. Then they told me to sit tight and they'll let me know when I'm paired up. There was no one there, so I asked if I could just go play now. They said no I had to be paired up. So I sat there for 45 minutes as they sent 2 foursomes out and I had to wait until there was a twosome I could join. It was literally the dumbest thing I've ever seen at a course. When courses make it this hard to play, it's no wonder rounds are down.

That's absolute nonsense. I understand that some courses won't allow a single to book, but if you show up early and there's nobody to pair with, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to head out solo.

Cool, you guys get to play the 3rd nine which will be shut down some time in July for renovation (Players or Tournament)

Then the newly renovated Baer nine opens, and they'll have 18 newly renovated holes available for play.

I've never played there, but will some time this year.

Have a good round.

TM TP5x