2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

You can do it on cdga.org

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @propman said:

> > @chisag said:

> > ... I got to play Cress Creek CC on Monday with my son. What an old school, difficult golf course. Bunkers are strategically placed in almost every narrow fairway exactly where most would hit their tee shots because more than a few have a hidden bunker behind the bunker you see from the tee. 20 mph winds and greens rolling around 12 made for a very tough day playing it the first time. Difficult but fair and like a US Open, you absolutely have to keep your ball below the hole. This is a course I could play over and over and never get tired of the challenge.

>

> Does Cress Creek allow guests to book tee times?

>

>

... I was actually the guest of an employee.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

> @B-Man said:

> Local PTO fundraiser golf outing this Saturday afternoon at Royal Oak Brook. Definitely the King of the local courses just ahead of Fresh Ghettoes.

The greater LaGrange, Western Springs, Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Westchester(?) area might have some of the best private courses in the state. Butler, Chicago Highlands, and Butterfield are all awesome. But my God are the nearby public courses pedestrian. Yeah, I suppose Oak Brook is the best of the bunch. Then umm...err...jeez...Woodridge? Carriage Greens? Flagg Creek?

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

> @ldchristopher said:

> > @B-Man said:

> > Local PTO fundraiser golf outing this Saturday afternoon at Royal Oak Brook. Definitely the King of the local courses just ahead of Fresh Ghettoes.

> The greater LaGrange, Western Springs, Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Westchester(?) area might have some of the best private courses in the state. Butler, Chicago Highlands, and Butterfield are all awesome. But my God are the nearby public courses pedestrian. Yeah, I suppose Oak Brook is the best of the bunch. Then umm...err...jeez...Woodridge? Carriage Greens? Flagg Creek?

Flagg Creek is a decent layout and I've always found it in great condition. Fresh Meadows/Carriage Greens/Village Greens are a blight on the area. I'd rather they grow kale there instead.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

> @chisag said:

> > @propman said:

> > > @chisag said:

> > > ... I got to play Cress Creek CC on Monday with my son. What an old school, difficult golf course. Bunkers are strategically placed in almost every narrow fairway exactly where most would hit their tee shots because more than a few have a hidden bunker behind the bunker you see from the tee. 20 mph winds and greens rolling around 12 made for a very tough day playing it the first time. Difficult but fair and like a US Open, you absolutely have to keep your ball below the hole. This is a course I could play over and over and never get tired of the challenge.

> >

> > Does Cress Creek allow guests to book tee times?

> >

> >

> ... I was actually the guest of an employee.

Thanks, figure I would ask just in case.

• Like 1

15 hcp

Played Highlands yesterday, which turned out to be perfect since the threat of rain scared everyone away. Instead we got 65 degrees and a few drizzles, but mostly clear skies. We had the course to ourselves and the conditions were perfect in almost every way. Not sure I can find a fault with the course conditions or layout, other than you better hit driver straight if you want to avoid losing balls in the fescue. How in the world does the City of Elgin have two of the best public courses in the State?

> @ldchristopher said:

> > @B-Man said:

> > Local PTO fundraiser golf outing this Saturday afternoon at Royal Oak Brook. Definitely the King of the local courses just ahead of Fresh Ghettoes.

> The greater LaGrange, Western Springs, Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Westchester(?) area might have some of the best private courses in the state. Butler, Chicago Highlands, and Butterfield are all awesome. But my God are the nearby public courses pedestrian. Yeah, I suppose Oak Brook is the best of the bunch. Then umm...err...jeez...Woodridge? Carriage Greens? Flagg Creek?

Willow Crest is fine, and the Preserve is above average. Both overpriced though.

> @Quem24 said:

> > @ldchristopher said:

> > > @B-Man said:

> > > Local PTO fundraiser golf outing this Saturday afternoon at Royal Oak Brook. Definitely the King of the local courses just ahead of Fresh Ghettoes.

> > The greater LaGrange, Western Springs, Burr Ridge, Oak Brook, Westchester(?) area might have some of the best private courses in the state. Butler, Chicago Highlands, and Butterfield are all awesome. But my God are the nearby public courses pedestrian. Yeah, I suppose Oak Brook is the best of the bunch. Then umm...err...jeez...Woodridge? Carriage Greens? Flagg Creek?

>

> Willow Crest is fine, and the Preserve is above average. Both overpriced though.

Seven Bridges is decent too. Not top tier, but above the average. It is also way overpriced though. I appreciate that though, living on the course having a membership made sense and they don't get a ton of play like other courses.

• Like 1

> @ldchristopher said:

> > @B-Man said:

Very true, but I've thought about this a lot. It's still better than nothing, and that's exactly what you get once you go east from Oak Brook and Fresh Meadows. There's pretty much nothing between there and the city until you start hitting the Park District courses. Every time I think about this topic I loathe the loss of Timber Trails.

Well, heading back to St Louis this weekend for the Stanley Cup parade. Last weekend I went home for game 6 I played Metamora Fields which was awesome, good enough I was thinking about playing it again. I think this weekend I may try out ISU's golf course - Weibring GC or The Rail in Springfield. Opinions on the 2?

Go Blues!

> @mci711 said:

> Well, heading back to St Louis this weekend for the Stanley Cup parade. Last weekend I went home for game 6 I played Metamora Fields which was awesome, good enough I was thinking about playing it again. I think this weekend I may try out ISU's golf course - Weibring GC or The Rail in Springfield. Opinions on the 2?

>

> Go Blues!

If you're a fan of Robert Trent Jones designs, you'll enjoy The Rail.

> @mci711 said:

> Well, heading back to St Louis this weekend for the Stanley Cup parade. Last weekend I went home for game 6 I played Metamora Fields which was awesome, good enough I was thinking about playing it again. I think this weekend I may try out ISU's golf course - Weibring GC or The Rail in Springfield. Opinions on the 2?

>

> Go Blues!

It's been about 15 years since I played the ISU course, and I played in on a weekend when I played The Den and Prairie Vista as well. It's more of an older classic style layout opposed to the others that are more modern designs, it's nice but nothing really wowed me. At the time it was my least enjoyable course of the 3, but I think if I were to go back and play it again I might appreciate it more than the others this time around.

Geez I hope this wasn't a Chicago WRX'er.

[https://chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/ct-sta-flossmoor-golf-course-st-0613-story.html](https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/ct-sta-flossmoor-golf-course-st-0613-story.html "https://chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/ct-sta-flossmoor-golf-course-st-0613-story.html")

> @mci711 said:

>

> Go Blues!

Played the Weibring course last April. Very meh. Traditional parkland course, not all that interesting. Conditions tee to green were nothing special, but have to say, the greens were excellent. Fast and true. Quite surprising considering the rest of the course.

Last played The Rail a few years ago. Its ok. Again, nothing special. The par 5s are very short, extremely score-able. Of the two course though, I would pick The Rail. It has some interesting holes, in particular #8, #16, #17. The par 3 16th is an excellent hole.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

> @mci711 said:

> Doesn't sound like either is a great option. Is there anything south on 55 worth playing other than Metamora and WeaverRidge? I guess I could go 57 through Champagne. Anything decent there?

>

Played Coyote Creek last summer outside of Peoria. Tough course, worth a visit. It has elevation changes that you just don't find in the Chicago 'burbs.

Titleist TSR2 10*
Titleist TSi2 18*

Titleist 816 H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Teramo

> @mci711 said:

>

> Go Blues!

What about Stone Creek? It's U of I's home course in Urbana. I-57/I-72 would add a few miles to the trip. Have you played Lick Creek in Pekin? 'Fun little muni with some tough holes.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @TheBear95 said:

> > @mci711 said:

> > Doesn't sound like either is a great option. Is there anything south on 55 worth playing other than Metamora and WeaverRidge? I guess I could go 57 through Champagne. Anything decent there?

> >

>

> Played Coyote Creek last summer outside of Peoria. Tough course, worth a visit. It has elevation changes that you just don't find in the Chicago 'burbs.

I second Coyote Creek. The par 4’s are either super short or very long and narrow. Lots of elevation change. The first hole is one of the easier openers you’ll see but it tightens up considerably after that. Very well-maintained greens.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Ravisloe on Saturday. Anyone know if they ever finished the extension of the 12th hole? They started early last Spring, and didn't finish it.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

> @Argonne69 said:

> Ravisloe on Saturday. Anyone know if they ever finished the extension of the 12th hole? They started early last Spring, and didn't finish it.

In early May when I last played there, the tee was fully grassed and they had cleared out a few more trees and all the brush but there was still just dirt everywhere else and no seed/topsoil or pathway to get to it.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

> @B-Man said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > Ravisloe on Saturday. Anyone know if they ever finished the extension of the 12th hole? They started early last Spring, and didn't finish it.

> In early May when I last played there, the tee was fully grassed and they had cleared out a few more trees and all the brush but there was still just dirt everywhere else and no seed/topsoil or pathway to get to it.

I'm really curious why it's taking so long. A year and a half to add a teebox?

I think I fixed 200 ball marks during our company outing at Chevy chase

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @B-Man said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > Ravisloe on Saturday. Anyone know if they ever finished the extension of the 12th hole? They started early last Spring, and didn't finish it.

> > In early May when I last played there, the tee was fully grassed and they had cleared out a few more trees and all the brush but there was still just dirt everywhere else and no seed/topsoil or pathway to get to it.

>

> I'm really curious why it's taking so long. A year and a half to add a teebox?

I was wondering the same thing when I was there last month. Maybe money? When it's done it'll be a huge improvement to that hole.

Playing twilight at Whitetail Ridge tomorrow, weather looks fantastic.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

> @MountainKing said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > > @B-Man said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > Ravisloe on Saturday. Anyone know if they ever finished the extension of the 12th hole? They started early last Spring, and didn't finish it.

> > > In early May when I last played there, the tee was fully grassed and they had cleared out a few more trees and all the brush but there was still just dirt everywhere else and no seed/topsoil or pathway to get to it.

> >

> > I'm really curious why it's taking so long. A year and a half to add a teebox?

>

> I was wondering the same thing when I was there last month. Maybe money? When it's done it'll be a huge improvement to that hole.

>

> Playing twilight at Whitetail Ridge tomorrow, weather looks fantastic.

Big fan of WTR. The range is eh...but really like the variety in the course. Enjoy!

> @DavePelz4 said:

> > @MountainKing said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > @B-Man said:

> > > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > > Ravisloe on Saturday. Anyone know if they ever finished the extension of the 12th hole? They started early last Spring, and didn't finish it.

> > > > In early May when I last played there, the tee was fully grassed and they had cleared out a few more trees and all the brush but there was still just dirt everywhere else and no seed/topsoil or pathway to get to it.

> > >

> > > I'm really curious why it's taking so long. A year and a half to add a teebox?

> >

> > I was wondering the same thing when I was there last month. Maybe money? When it's done it'll be a huge improvement to that hole.

> >

> > Playing twilight at Whitetail Ridge tomorrow, weather looks fantastic.

>

> Big fan of WTR. The range is eh...but really like the variety in the course. Enjoy!

... WTR is really two completely efferent golf courses imo. Hate the front 9 that after #1 is flat and lifeless although #8 is interesting but love every hole on the back 9 with great variety and elevation changes.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

'Nice morning at Ravisloe. The course is in very nice shape. The greens are a tad slow for my liking, though. Bunkers could use a little more sand. My group managed to get through 10 holes before the rain came, so we sat under a tree for 10 minutes before the showers passed. Of course it has to start raining again on the 18th teebox. We can't seem to catch a break this spring. The pace was decent at 4:10 with the rain delay. 'No real complaints.

Decent day ballstriking with 8 fairways and 12 greens. 'Nice up and down from left of the green on the par 3 4th when I sank a 24 footer from the right fringe. No birdies on the day, and 3 bogies. Scrambling has been really bailing me out lately.

First visit to Hickory Hills tomorrow. I expect to be underwhelmed.

all dry for our dawn start at TPC-NBK. greens were all pocked up though the rest of the course was pretty well groomed.

driver was working though I still have a tendency to tee up a tad low. distance suffers.

fired over the pond at seventeen and made green. nice to avoid the waste area right.

made it home in time to run the Snapper around before the rain hit here.

hope everyone played well and has a great Father's Day.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry