2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

[quote name='Drudersh' timestamp='1451524342' post='12782432']
[quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1451519078' post='12781992']
No confusion. The stock specs are on ping.com

Cfs distance, DGS, Nippon, PX and XP all the same STANDARD length. If you are buying Ping and don't "get fit" why bother. That is their bread and butter. CFS distance is the same shaft as CFS. They add nothing in length to these.
[/quote]

In the i25 and S55, if you ordered CFS distance shafts, they were built 1/4" long. The question was whether they are still adding 1/4" now that the stock length for the i E iron set is 1/4" longer than previous models.
[/quote]

for those other sets cfs distance was not a stock shaft. but for the ie1 it is, so it will be the same as the stock specs.

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1451524809' post='12782482']
[quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1451524105' post='12782404']
[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1451523569' post='12782346']
Yeah, I wasn't totally accurate in what I said. Thanks for that.
[/quote]

No thx needed Moses. We all have different ideas and I could be wrong too! All I was trying to get at is if you are going to pay that much cash for Pings take advantage of the fitting system they give you. None of us are the "pingman" robot and have our own swings, so nothing is etched in stone.
[/quote]

Yep, but I wonder what percentage of players that get irons shortened to what used to be normal length would get weights in the grip to even things out. I would guess a really small percentage. If you order from the factory, would Ping do that for free?
[/quote]
???? If you go short more weight goes in the head, not the grip, and yes it is free if you request a certain swingweight.

[quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1451526027' post='12782618']
This has got to be the craziest line of questioning on a set of stix ever.....if you want a certain shaft and length and swingweight and color code order it. Ping will build it.
[/quote]Not crazy at all. Ping changed standard black too blue. Just wondering why. Could it be the stock 5 iron is now 38" and the stock i25 was .25" shorter?

[quote name='scratch72 ' timestamp='1451608638' post='12786394']
[quote name='pullfade' timestamp='1451526027' post='12782618']
This has got to be the craziest line of questioning on a set of stix ever.....if you want a certain shaft and length and swingweight and color code order it. Ping will build it.
[/quote]Not crazy at all. Ping changed standard black too blue. Just wondering why. Could it be the stock 5 iron is now 38" and the stock i25 was .25" shorter?
[/quote]

the dot change has nothing to do with the length. that's not how the dot system works anyway as the dot system itself already self-adjusts for length. this has already been answered above too, ping just adjusted the stock option based on actual fitting distributions for certain type of clubs. for the g-max, stock is now yellow.

In the old days Ping only sold clubs through pro shops. There were no clubs on the racks just a fitting cart. You got fit for a color code and they arrived 2 weeks later.

When they started putting sets In big box stores they wanted clubs on the shelves so they picked black as it most closely matched the standard of the era. Ping is just stocking shelves with the color code that fits the widest majority of golfers which they claim is more often blue than black now.

Blue is still blue and black is still black. If you were fitted for black 10 Years ago you would still likely be fitted for black today.

Quit overthinking it.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Is there a way to check with Ping to see the status of my order?

Easiest way is to call your pro shop where you ordered.

When you call Ping directly, they struggle to find your order. If your pro has few orders and included your name on the hanging tag, the CS rep can spend a little time and find it. At least that has been my experience on multiple orders.

Did a clubfitting, club test today. Mizuno 15s and 25s, Callaway Apex CF 16s and Ping i's. Couldn't put a good swing on the Pings at all, the look, set up just didn't work at all for my eye. Absolutely nailed the other three clubs, I'd have a hard time choosing between them. MP 15s, fantastic look and feel and results, the Callaway, one club more at least distance, almost as good accuracy.

I have had mine almost 2 weeks and have not had them to the course yet! I have had a little time to hit them at my house a few times though. I got out and hit the W today for a while and was impressed with the consistency in distance. I hope to be able to get to the course tomorrow.

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

Well my foot has finally recovered enough after surgery to try out my new Ping's. First outing was slightly rusty to say the least, not sure if I hit one good shot which is probably to be expected after 3 months out!

Anyway a couple of range sessions and another full 18 has me convinced that these irons and I are going to get along just fine and dandy. Love the look and feel of them and the Nippon shafts are excellent. Looking forward to getting some more outings and range time before I get the left foot done!

Highly recommend these irons make it onto everyone's "must try" list.

Awesome.

Ping G430 Max 9* - Accra shaft

Ping G430 5 & 7 Woods Kai'li White

Ping iCrossover 3 Kai'li White

Ping i525 5-P Recoils

Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58

PXG Bat Attack

:smilie_ping:

Got out today to the course today for my first round with the new irons. Really like how the irons perform and feel. Good high, straight ball flight with the Nippon 105's. I had to hit my 5 iron several times and was happy with how easy it is to hit. Don't think there will much of an adjustment phase to these. Can't say the same for my new B-65 putter. Did not really like the feel of the insert. The putter face is not as hot as I like and will take some getting used to.

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

Has anybody hit these with Steelfiber shafts? How did they perform?

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

First range session was great. These things are the real deal. They are long. Yes they have strong lofts but they are as easy to his as the same number club they replaced ( ie: this sets 8 is just like hitting my last sets 8, it's not like hitting my old 7). I'm sure some of the distance is due to the lighter Modus shafts.

Surprisingly forgiving, especially on toe hits. Wonderful feel. I've got to get on the course before SCGA team play starts next Saturday to dial in the yardages. Think I'll hit my local 18 hole par three course a couple times this week after work.

BELIEVE THE HYPE.

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

Modus 105 are sub 100g cut/installed. The stock length of the PING e1 is +1/3" over titleist standard while still retaining a default swingweight of D1. The aforementioned 3 things make it an extremely light configuration.

...I had a hell of a time losing that iron in my backswing. Sucks, because I love that Modus shaft. When I was able to find it on the way down loved the flight and trajectory. I think PING can get it up to D1.5'ish at that length by putting the max CTP plug in. Not sure that's enough.

Callaway 816 DBD 9° Speeder TS
Titleist 915f 15° Diamana Blue
Callaway Apex Pro hybrid 3/20°
Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-A, Modus 120-TS
Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

I had one round yesterday in 35* weather. I only hit 9 greens but played pretty well considering that it's been over a month since my last round. These look and feel great. I've played forged irons for many years and although not exactly the same, I'd say they do feel really, really good considering the distance and forgiveness these offer. I have the CFS shafts in stiff. The ball flight was a little higher than what I was used to, but the distance was better than past "players" irons, and shorter than the more distance oriented irons.

Modus 105 are sub 100g cut/installed. The stock length of the PING e1 is +1/3" over titleist standard while still retaining a default swingweight of D1. The aforementioned 3 things make it an extremely light configuration.

...I had a hell of a time losing that iron in my backswing. Sucks, because I love that Modus shaft. When I was able to find it on the way down loved the flight and trajectory. I think PING can get it up to D1.5'ish at that length by putting the max CTP plug in. Not sure that's enough.

Mine are D2 with a D3 PW. Modus 105 S.

BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

cool. what length?

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

cool. what length?

Std.

BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

After much arm twisting and begging, I got Ping to get them to D2 at +1/4".

cool. what length?

Std.

So you had PING custom swingweight. Interesting. I wonder what the max is with Modus 105/standard??

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

After much arm twisting and begging, I got Ping to get them to D2 at +1/4".

At standard, the retail config is D1. At a quarter over you should have naturally occurring D2.5. Each quarter inch adds 1.5 swingweight points (1/2" = 3 points). Maybe your grips were built up?

Vokey 50/54/60
Odyssey Works Rossie

cool. what length?

Std.

So you had PING custom swingweight. Interesting. I wonder what the max is with Modus 105/standard??

Yes, I requested D2 and D3... My Glides are D3 and D4...

BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

9 holes at a par 3 course after work.

Definitely longer looks like 5 yards, could be more as it was really cold and I had not warmed up at all.

So easy to hit straight. Used them on 6 holes from 125-145. Hit every green.

The feel and sound are awesome. Reminded me of a wound ball and forged iron.

Need to get the distances down before this weekend...

Love them.

BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

9 holes at a par 3 course after work.

Definitely longer looks like 5 yards, could be more as it was really cold and I had not warmed up at all.

So easy to hit straight. Used them on 6 holes from 125-145. Hit every green.

The feel and sound are awesome. Reminded me of a wound ball and forged iron.

Need to get the distances down before this weekend...

Love them.

9 holes at a par 3? That's like kissin yer cousin :) jk these are great irons --most enjoyable since i5's.

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa 

Has anybody hit these with Steelfiber shafts? How did they perform?

I have them with i95's Stiff and love them. Tried the CF16's with the same shaft and the performance of the Ping's blew it away. The 5 iron is the easiest 5 iron I've hit since the old ISI-K. Love the sole and turf interaction compared to some of the wider sole offerings in the market.