SLDR Anonymous Meeting

Medic

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1437493150' post='11992350']
[quote name='Kenny Lee Puckett' timestamp='1437483060' post='11991262']
we have our trade-in rack FULL of SLDR of every combination. people are successfully quitting then taking it one day at a time.

[size=2]don't know what planet 17* and 1700rpm is on but it sure ain't earth[/size]
[/quote]

17 * 1700 is good for playing on launch monitors and trying to get stupid far distances compared to one's SS but it's just not good for playing golf. For actually playing golf, 12* 2500 is pretty darn good. It's a trade off, like anything else. Those super high launches and low spins are great for distance, but when you miss they are off the planet( hence why so many people fight duck hooks with SLDR)

Bump the spin up a bit and the duck hooks go away

[/quote]
[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1437493150' post='11992350']
[quote name='Kenny Lee Puckett' timestamp='1437483060' post='11991262']
we have our trade-in rack FULL of SLDR of every combination. people are successfully quitting then taking it one day at a time.

[size=2]don't know what planet 17* and 1700rpm is on but it sure ain't earth[/size]
[/quote]

17 * 1700 is good for playing on launch monitors and trying to get stupid far distances compared to one's SS but it's just not good for playing golf. For actually playing golf, 12* 2500 is pretty darn good. It's a trade off, like anything else. Those super high launches and low spins are great for distance, but when you miss they are off the planet( hence why so many people fight duck hooks with SLDR)

Bump the spin up a bit and the duck hooks go away
[/quote][size=2]thanks for the technical response dude. but i thought when using small print you knew sarcasm was included.[/size]

[quote name='Medic' timestamp='1437481577' post='11991144']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1437476991' post='11990908']Try a Big Bertha Alpha 815 bro. Longest and Most Forgiving Driver I've EVER hit!! I dumped my SLDR for it and couldn't be happier :)[/quote]

What shaft you got in it? (Asks the club ho using two bad rounds as an excuse to buy yet another driver - LOL)
[/quote]

Stock Speeder 565 for me.

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

Sldr 460 is no more unforgiving for me than any driver before it, while the feel and sound are the great. Somehow I am missing the hooking tendency many seem to have with it. It does appear that it slices less a bit than JetSpeed and Stage 2 for me.

SZX D10.5* - SLDR 3W 5W - Cobra H24.5* PXG H27* - SpeedBlade 7i 8i 9i PW45* AW50* SW55* - Wedges 58* 62* - P

I seem to be in the minority here. I love my sldr 430...by far the most consistent driver I have ever had. I would say that the 460 model I had hit before had way more hook bias than this one.

TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ Speeder
Cobra Bio Cell+ 13.5* w/ Matrix
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1
TM ATV 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black (Tiger Stepped)
[size=4]Scotty Cameron Golo[/size]

My only problem with my 430 is that if I feel like I try to turn it over, it pull hooks, and if I try to hold it off, it goes OB right. Part of that's my own swing faults but I could go from having tournaments where I hit all but one fairway averaging around 280 total, to hitting 2 of 8 with 2 OB before going back to 3 wood.

I think part of it's that I never really got along with the shaft - at some point I may throw my Blueboard into it, but I'm hitting the Nike way too well to change for now - especially since my pulls end up being pull fades which keeps them in play more.

Nike Vapor Flex 9.5* Left/Low, Rogue Max Low 75TX
Nike VR Pro LE 15*, 'Ahina 75s
Nike Vapor Fly 20*, ATX Tour Green 85TX
Titleist 712U 4i, C-Taper 120x
Mizuno JPX-800 Pro 5-P, X100
Ping Tour Gorge 50SS, SM5 M-Grind 54/10, TM Tour Preferred 58/10
Edel E-3 Torque Balanced 36", 345g, Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour 104cc
Titleist Pro V1x
All gripped w/ Lamkin Crossline ACE Midsize, with buildup tape 15.5mm RH/16mm LH

For those who recommended it, my Callaway BB Alpha 815 is on the way. It has a Project X 6.0 in it but I also have a Diamana here that I can use it with if the stock shaft doesn’t work for me. And I have two spare Grafalloy shafts just in case.

I am really looking forward to getting this new one dialed in. Seems like some pretty simple adjustments and will be fun hitting a couple of buckets of balls finding just the right settings. I read several reviews of it before pulling the trigger and seems a lot of people really like the distance and consistency – not too many negative reviews on it. (Rare because almost every driver out there has something bad said about it)

So, I’ll let everyone know how the range sessions go – and the first “real round” should be Sunday if weather permits.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I just traded my 430 for a big Bertha alpha. I had some magical driving round with the SLDR, and it was absolutely the longest driver I have ever hit when struck on the sweet spot. The problem is when I wasn't swinging well, instead of being 10 yds shorter or in the left rough, I was 20 yds shorter and in somebody's yard looking for my ball. If things don't work out with the BBA like I hope they will, I may try the SLDR 460. I'm afraid the 430 may just be too much club for me on the bad days.

Superfast 1.0 TP
913 FD 15*
Rocketbladez Tour 3-P
Red Saw Vokeys
Scotty Select Squareback

I still have mine in my bag with a 75g NV shaft. I'm experiencing the opposite from most, I've had some phenomenal driving rounds with this club. I do agree the club is heel heavy so the weight needs to be pushed over a bit toward the toe and the head is very heavy but I like heavier clubs myself.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Played 910 D3 9.5* forever with PX 7C3 stiff that came stock and started experiencing what most people are saying, pull hooks and blocks. Did a fitting for a 915 and was fitted for 10.5 D2 with the Rogue 70 x flex. The fitter also said that the shaft I had should work, I just needed a higher launching head... so I opted to try SLDR on the PX shaft and it was more of the same. Recently switched to a Kali'Il 70 x flex and couldn't be happier. Super smooth shaft and SLDR 10.5 head is perfect for launch and spin. I DID add about an inch strip of tape to the back/outside of the crown and have noticed that takes left completely out of play. Without question the longest driver I've played, and for me with the slight tape modification completely eliminates 1 miss, the other is just up to me :clapping:

Paradym 💎 💎 💎 10.5* AD VR 6tx

TSR 3 16.5* AD VR 7tx

TSR 2 21* AD IZ 7s

T100 4-5 Project X LZ

680MB 6-P Project X LZ

MG3 54 and 60

C&L CL2

I just started playing the sldr 430 this week with a kuro kage 60x and so far i like it. Ive never been the straightest driver but the misses are the same as ive had with any driver. Cut it to 44 inches and i love it even more now

Ping G430 LST 9*  Diamana ZF 60TX

Ping G430 LST 15*  *Testing shafts*

Ping G425 Max 7 wood *Testing shafts* 

Ping G425 Crossover Aldila Black 95TX

Srixon MkII Zx7 4-PW PX 6.5 or  Blueprint "S" 4-PW

Ping Glide 4.0 50,54,58

Edel Custom, Spider Armlock

Callaway CSXLS

I've owned 3 SLDR's, one for a month or so, the other for about 2 weeks, and the final one for 1 day... it is usually based on the promise of a new shaft/head/loft/setting combo that I think is working or will work. I had a lot of really, really good range sessions, but it just didn't translate to the course. They were good experiments, and actually produced some of the best drives I've ever hit. Unfortunately, they have also produced some of the worst drives I've ever hit.

I remember one round where I lost 3 balls left OB in the front 9... then found a way to hit 4 of the longest shots I've ever hit on the back (I think I shot 44/34 that day). For me, there is some combination of my typical miss with the SLDR characteristics which had a tendency to start left, move left, then take a left turn and go off the planet. If I consistently tried to fade the ball a bit, it was great (must have hidden that swing fault a bit).

I've since moved on to something which isn't as punishing to that miss. After playing the Vapor Flex for a while, I settled on a Cobra Fly-Z+. Plenty long and quite forgiving.

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

[quote name='CosmosMpower' timestamp='1437586135' post='12000336']
Still have my 430 DI6 from the TaylorMade SLDR challenge. If I don't hit it well it's my fault, no driver helps. When I hit it well, it's a rocket launcher.
[/quote]

That's just not true. You realize the SLDR let alone the 430, has the MOI of a 3 wood? Literally the most unforgiving driver in a decade. If you miss a shot on the heel or toe side with the 430 against say a G30 it will be the difference of 20+ yds and that's being conservative.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

My girlfriend must be right - I'm a weirdo. The SLDR 430 has been the longest, straightest driver I've ever hit. I've been playing it for about 5 months and I haven't hit it in the woods yet, nor have I even threatened OB. It's just a ridiculously great fit for me. The 10.5* was great, but the 9* turned to 7.5* has been unfathomably awesome. I don't even look at drivers, fairway woods, or hybrids in the golf stores anymore. Heck, I don't even go IN the golf stores anymore!

Thank you, SLDR 430 TP. Thank you.

HgQqrzN.pngtv6aijN.pngMDAQSPu.png

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

Had to take mine (460) back out today after reading all this stuff. Changed from 12* to 11.5* and moved the weight two slots toward the toe side from neutral. BINGO! Old man had fun today. Shot 77 with a quad and a four putt from 28' off a look at eagle. black%20eye.gif Quad was on a hole where the SLDR was on the bench. Hit 8/9 FWs and the distance was stunning. Had two heeled shots that stayed in approach range. It was a blast. One thing I did notice is that the face looks small for a jumbo head. Not a lot of space for mishits but a world beater when you flush it. Good round for a six handicapper almost 60.

Epic Max LS 10.5

Steelhead XR 3-Heaven-9Ws

0211 5-GW

Glide 2.0 WS 54

Rally 58

Huntington Beach Soft Premier 8

Vero X1

This is so amusing. I remember thread after thread about how revolutionary SLDR was. I have a much more forgiving, low spin driver, anti-left: I25. You're welcome.

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

Hello everyone. My name is RSinSG and I have been SLDR-less for 8 months.

G25 to the rescue.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Swapped my SLDR 430 head with a R15 460 head in my TS 7.2.

//signed//

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I'm not seeing this "unforgiving" SLDR. Granted I've only had it a week so far, but still.

I'm practically a hack when it comes to driver, and I'm hitting the SLDR straighter and farther than anything I've ever hit. Mishits go shorter, yes, but they're usually in the fairway unlike other drivers I've used.

Paired with the White Tie, I get a nice high ball flight that still rolls. I don't get the hate.

[quote name='FlopShotArtist' timestamp='1437627981' post='12004414']
I'm not seeing this "unforgiving" SLDR. Granted I've only had it a week so far, but still.

I'm practically a hack when it comes to driver, and I'm hitting the SLDR straighter and farther than anything I've ever hit. Mishits go shorter, yes, but they're usually in the fairway unlike other drivers I've used.

Paired with the White Tie, I get a nice high ball flight that still rolls. I don't get the hate.
[/quote]

You pretty much summed up the negatives of a low spin driver. It's like a blade. A blade and a CB hit on the sweet spot generally will fly the same (if one isn't super hot). However, a mishit with a blade typically loses only distance and not too much left or right. A GI or SGI mishit is off the planet (usually left) for me.

[quote name='justincredible04' timestamp='1437628149' post='12004422']
[quote name='FlopShotArtist' timestamp='1437627981' post='12004414']

[/quote]

You pretty much summed up the negatives of a low spin driver. It's like a blade. A blade and a CB hit on the sweet spot generally will fly the same (if one isn't super hot). However, a mishit with a blade typically loses only distance and not too much left or right. A GI or SGI mishit is off the planet (usually left) for me.
[/quote]

Funny you mention that, because I'm currently hooking the ever-living s*** out of my AP1s while my TaylorMade MBs are sitting in my closet. I'm an idiot sometimes.

[quote name='greens hit' timestamp='1437630000' post='12004486']
What's a BC+?
[/quote]
Cobra Bio Cell Plus

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V