2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

This is the Most Painful Pre-shot Routine on the PGA Tour

homeontherange

[quote name='WolfWRX' timestamp='1447203252' post='12581778']
[quote name='rony' timestamp='1447160329' post='12578238']
THAT...Is DISGUSTING!!

This post might not be understood by our international members but.....They were able to write a new rule in Major League Baseball to speed up the game, and it made a noticeable difference, (Still work to be done) so they should be able to do it in Golf. What's the big deal? It's no different than the anchored putting stroke. You implement a new rule, and you ENFORCE that rule! You have "X" number of seconds/minutes to hit your shot or you are penalized 1 stroke. What do you think these guys are gonna do, quit and go to work in a Burger King? How many Tour Pros quit because of the "Anchor Rule?" When you see it on a video like this, you realize how bad it has gotten.

Instead of some of the insignificant nonsense that the R&A and USGA worry about, THIS has to be corrected! :WTF:
[/quote]

I agree with this. Certainly the fact that the respective ruling bodies have got their priorities all wrong and that slow play could easily be addressed through rules and proper enforcement. It would need some careful consideration, for instance, when does the shot clock start and what happens if a player needs a ruling (plus many other factors) but I like the idea in principle.

The other thing is that I highly doubt most of the worst offenders would see much, if any difference in their scoring if they were to curb their excessive pre-shot antics in favour of something a little more concise.
[/quote]

Good point! BTW, I like your username!

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='rony' timestamp='1447328988' post='12588170']
[quote name='WolfWRX' timestamp='1447203252' post='12581778']
[quote name='rony' timestamp='1447160329' post='12578238']
THAT...Is DISGUSTING!!

This post might not be understood by our international members but.....They were able to write a new rule in Major League Baseball to speed up the game, and it made a noticeable difference, (Still work to be done) so they should be able to do it in Golf. What's the big deal? It's no different than the anchored putting stroke. You implement a new rule, and you ENFORCE that rule! You have "X" number of seconds/minutes to hit your shot or you are penalized 1 stroke. What do you think these guys are gonna do, quit and go to work in a Burger King? How many Tour Pros quit because of the "Anchor Rule?" When you see it on a video like this, you realize how bad it has gotten.

Instead of some of the insignificant nonsense that the R&A and USGA worry about, THIS has to be corrected! :WTF:
[/quote]

I agree with this. Certainly the fact that the respective ruling bodies have got their priorities all wrong and that slow play could easily be addressed through rules and proper enforcement. It would need some careful consideration, for instance, when does the shot clock start and what happens if a player needs a ruling (plus many other factors) but I like the idea in principle.

The other thing is that I highly doubt most of the worst offenders would see much, if any difference in their scoring if they were to curb their excessive pre-shot antics in favour of something a little more concise.
[/quote]

Good point! BTW, I like your username!
[/quote]

Thanks rony!

a friend of mine was a 51 seconder (how my friends and i call these people) at one point. he finally got it down to around 30 seconds when everyone started avoiding to play with him.
another friend is a 42 seconder right now, and i hope he feels that he is getting shunned by the others little by little. lol

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1447272078' post='12585214']
[quote name='Chomper' timestamp='1447269541' post='12585018']
If I were his partner, or a spectator, I would heckle the $hit out of this guy, and start putting him on the clock myself, letting him know every thirty seconds how much time had passed. I would even show him my timer if he said anything.

And if he got physical, so be it. I have an attorney on speed dial.
[/quote]

Who is that in your avatar, pls?
[/quote]
Guy Smiley.

[quote name='farmer' timestamp='1447374629' post='12591774']
As I said earlier, hit these slow guys with stroke penalties, suspend them from their next tournament, or watch for a few holes and tell them it's time to go to the house. Make it public and loud.
[/quote]
I'm not generally a fan of embarassing miscrients as it is a negative experience which can be damaging to personal development and push them deeper into their non compliant behaviour, but these are grown men who know exactly what they are doing and need to be brought into line. Public shaming sounds like a good way to go.

I'm ashamed to admit he is one of my favorite players to watch swing b/c I love his dirty sawed off finish and he absolutely nukes it, but agree he is horrifically slow.

I remember a few years ago in San Antonio (I think) he was in contention and Johnny Miller was talking about how strong his "lats" were during a slo-mo of his swing...lol he also said he'd quite announcing if everyone played at Loupe's pace.

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

Good Lord, I'd stab myself in the eyes with a spork if had to watch that as a playing partner.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

This guy should be banned from the tour for making viewers stop watching

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Slow play is bad for the game. I've heard that a thousand times but see little (no) action being taken. It's really a joke to be put on the clock by the PGA or an LPGA official = nothing will happen!

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

[quote name='prorobo' timestamp='1447201815' post='12581688']
[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1447199942' post='12581564']
This was posted awhile ago, him saying that he's aware and just doesn't care

[url="http://www.aussiegolfer.com.au/andrew-loupe-takes-seven-practice-swings-video/"]http://www.aussiegol...e-swings-video/[/url]
[/quote]

Wow. That is simply awful.

[media=]http://youtu.be/kU94YlRqxDQ[/media]
[/quote]

That is effing brutal. Those in charge need to clamp down on this nonsense. My God...

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1447981582' post='12621880']
[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1447268139' post='12584930']
I sent him a link to this thread on Twitter and he favorited it but didn't respond, maybe he's still getting ready to start typing
[/quote]

That is freaking awesome..
[/quote]

Agreed. Post of 2015 contender!

I sent an E Mail to the PGA tour about this. Of course they did not send a reply. They realize that the world golf community knows what a bunch of do nothing fools they really are. This guy Loupe has really illustrated how totally useless they are!

Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1447981337' post='12621854']
[quote name='prorobo' timestamp='1447201815' post='12581688']
[quote name='fore_life' timestamp='1447199942' post='12581564']
This was posted awhile ago, him saying that he's aware and just doesn't care

[url="http://www.aussiegolfer.com.au/andrew-loupe-takes-seven-practice-swings-video/"]http://www.aussiegol...e-swings-video/[/url]
[/quote]

Wow. That is simply awful.

[media=]http://youtu.be/kU94YlRqxDQ[/media]
[/quote]

That is effing brutal. Those in charge need to clamp down on this nonsense. My God...
[/quote]

All that and he missed the fairway. And the rough. Blew it clear into the rocks and the trees.

What would've happened with only one practice swing? A hosel rocket into that lady on the right?

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Not to be one upped, Keegan counters with this one:

http://www.aussiegolfer.com.au/check-out-keegan-bradleys-long-jittery-pre-shot-routine-video/

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

“Martin Slumbers, the R&A’s chief executive, believes it is time for golf’s slowcoaches at all levels to be named and shamed after their behaviour was described as both ‘selfish’ and a ‘form of cheating,’”
. “The accusations were made on the second and final day of a pace-of-play symposium in St Andrews, where it was revealed that world No 1 Jordan Spieth had been put on the clock there in this year’s Open Championship.”

Sergio-Garcia-Jordan-Spieth.jpg

Getty Images

Sergio Garcia and Jordan Spieth were told to pick up the pace at British Open

“The most common refrain from the masses who rail against the [Official World Golf Ranking] is that it doesn't mean anything. This argument often follows a linear pattern: The best players are determined by victories; the biggest victories are major championships; therefore, the best players are those who win majors. As to who is ranked ahead of whom through the statistics-based algorithm, these dissenters will usually close the argument with one final retort: Who cares? That seemingly rhetorical question can easily be answered in two words: The players. They care, that's who.”

Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

“Martin Slumbers, the R&A’s chief executive, believes it is time for golf’s slowcoaches at all levels to be named and shamed after their behaviour was described as both ‘selfish’ and a ‘form of cheating,’”
. “The accusations were made on the second and final day of a pace-of-play symposium in St Andrews, where it was revealed that world No 1 Jordan Spieth had been put on the clock there in this year’s Open Championship.”

Sergio-Garcia-Jordan-Spieth.jpg

Getty Images

Sergio Garcia and Jordan Spieth were told to pick up the pace at British Open

“The most common refrain from the masses who rail against the [Official World Golf Ranking] is that it doesn't mean anything. This argument often follows a linear pattern: The best players are determined by victories; the biggest victories are major championships; therefore, the best players are those who win majors. As to who is ranked ahead of whom through the statistics-based algorithm, these dissenters will usually close the argument with one final retort: Who cares? That seemingly rhetorical question can easily be answered in two words: The players. They care, that's who.”

Sorry, this didn't post as I had intended.

Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

I have little doubt the technology is there to record how long a player takes to hit a shot. The statistical ability of all the major sports to collect and analyze data is off the charts. I am sure the tour knows who the slow players are and it would only take a few tournaments to get a statistical baseline of each players tendencies. The tour could easily establish parameters to curtail slow play. You could do it in real time and exchange data with the caddies.

A guy like Loupe starts dicking around out there, you buzz his caddy a warning and the next time you buzz him a one stroke penalty. Keep buzzing him until he learns. Punish negative behavior until it is extinguished.

This is B.F. Skinner stuff...rats in a Skinner Box. Basis Psych 101 and behavior modification. The tour could have rounds down to 4 hours in about a month.

[quote name='The Pearl' timestamp='1448853177' post='12661578']

This is B.F. Skinner stuff...rats in a Skinner Box. Basis Psych 101 and behavior modification. The tour could have rounds down to 4 hours in about a month.
[/quote]

I don't get how golfers who never have to look for a ball can take so long.

The guy in the video clearly needs some help on the mental side of the game so that he can play quicker and with more confidence.

No excuse for slow play and people need to start writing in to the Tour and stop watching it. Viewership goes down, they hear it from the sponsors and then something will be done because it is potentially costing them money. That is the only thing that matters, it makes the world go round. hurt people in their wallets and they pay attention because greed knows no bounds.

What's In The Ping Moonlite:
Ping Rapture '14 13*
Ping Rapture DI 18*
Titleist 690.CB 4/6/8/PW
Vokey TVD 54*
Odyssey Tank V-Line

[quote name='abrok99' timestamp='1447128049' post='12577410']
I was watching that earlier and I knew who this thread would be about. I remember he was in the last group at a pga tourney last year and was so slow and deliberate. I get it it's a big stage but the tour really needs to get these guys going
[/quote]

Wait, this is recent? I saw the video and thought, "We're bringing this up again?" Low and behold, it's new!

[quote name='homeontherange' timestamp='1447102391' post='12575378']
Andrew Loupe at the Sanderson Farms Monday finish..

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Qj7qGqbwU[/media]

@0:48 - "Slow play is an epidemic out here."

If you listen closely, you can also hear the announcers trying to not burst out laughing.

Nothing personal, this is just an observation of his PSR ...

Obviously it works for him, as he's playing on Tour, but it just makes me cringe to watch players like this. Imagine your weekly playing partner taking this much time.. Just freaking step up and hit the ball already!
[/quote]
This is EPIC. I would crap a brick if I was playing with this gentleman.

Callaway Mavrick Sub Zero 9* / Aldila Rip'd NV 65X
Taylormade SLDR 15* / Aldila Copper XTorsion 70X
Yonix Ezone 18* / UST Mayiama V2 75 X
Adams Super 9031  20* & 23* Hybrid / Aldila NV 85X
Maltby TS2 5 & 6 / Project X 6.0
Maltby TS1 7-P  / Project X 6.0 
Callaway JAWS MD5 Raw 52* & 58* / Project X 6.0
Taylormade Tour Issue Manta Ray / 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS