2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Tiger wannabe's with all Nike gear

2. The Fowler wannabe's in their neon

I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen a golfer in the foresome behind us dressed in Rickie neon orange from head to toe. I thought, Really? Get a life, dude! And I have also seen on occasion the Tiger Woods black pants and red shirts, but that doesn't look too bad it's just not for me.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

A 30 hcp wearn' these

I don't understand the logic of your statement, what difference does it make what handicap a person has to wear what appears to be loud mouth pants? Actually, I would think it might be more appropriate for a 30 handicap player to wear pants like that, it shows that they have fun while playing despite the quality of their game.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

A 30 hcp wearn' these

I don't understand the logic of your statement, what difference does it make what handicap a person has to wear what appears to be loud mouth pants? Actually, I would think it might be more appropriate for a 30 handicap player to wear pants like that, it shows that they have fun while playing despite the quality of their game.

:cheesy:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

A 30 hcp wearn' these

those pants are pretty cool, I like loudmouth Bonobo pants. Your comment is a bit rude.

(there I fixed that for ya )and Ya want rude, grow a pair! even if ya did they wouldn't fit in a pair of those, mine didn't! Those things look like a chipmunk pissed in a water balloon and have NO place on someone much less on the golf course. (so i was told) Read the original post?

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

After cruising though this, I'm definitely a hacker at a 5 hdcp!!! Ball retriever (18 feet) that has probably fished out well over 100 Pro V's, club cleaning brush (clean grooves are nice, right?)!!!

Either way, a lot of dudes have kicked my a** and taken my money with a lot more things in this thread! If you look like a DB but you're cool and fun to play with, then it's all good! No matter how cool and nice and tour-like you look, if you're a DB, play on through by yourself!

I think most golfers go full circle.

They start the game and get the bug. Then buy every accessory that they think will be useful. then after a few years, after they have trashed them. They begin to buy the ones a second time, that are truly useful. I get made fun of all the time because on my golf cart are a lot of Hackers Tools!

I am a 6. I have 5 towels, a retractable frogger brush attached to my Club Cart President. That has a 6" lift kit with 14" rims and 23" tires. It has a set of mirrors, a flip top rear seat, a 36" LED light bar (mounted on the cowl) Street Legal Kit (hasn't been installed yet) plus a bag rack that has two sand canisters, a ball/club washer, and an Ice Chest (little igloo sixpack holder)

but hey, I got all i need for golf, family outings, and a trip to Sonny's BBQ

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

A couple years ago I played golf a handful of times with probably the ultimate hacker in terms of accessories appropriate to such.

He had the little bronze-bristle brush with which he cleaned his clubs after ever shot. And before every shot, presumably because he might have missed something the previous cleaning.

He had the neoprene iron covers for his cast, cavity-back irons, natch.

He had the towel tucked in his belt (admittedly a nice, small one that didn't hang down to his knees but still).

He had the ball scrubber pocket thing that stays wet on the inside for cleaning his ball before and after every putt. Even unto the third putt.

But mostly he had the dinner-plate-sized Samsung "Phablet" in a ginormous holster on his belt. He pulled it out, unlocked the screen, scrolled through a few menus, tapped out what for all I know could have been text messages to his five closest friends and then finally squinted at a map on the screen to plan out his shot in great deal with much drag-and-tap action.

He also marked his putts with a poker chip which screams "hack" to me but apparently not to most people so let's don't count that against him ;-)

Here's the thing. This guy is the epitome of what people mean when they say a lot of people OVERTHINK their golf game. If you watched him hit shots and me hit shots, if you watched us both chip and putt, you'd conclude he must be about 10 strokes better than me. He hits a handful of shots per round better than any shot I could hit in my wildest dreams. Good out of bunkers, decent putter, not so great chipper but surprisingly good at "tweener" 40-50-60 yard wedge shots. Looks a lot like the longish-hitting high single digit handicappers I know.

But round after round he shoots the same or a couple strokes higher score than me. He plays to a 20 handicap but looks like an 8 or 9. And in my opinion it's all got to be between the ears. I mean he almost never hits the first club he pulls from the bag. He backs off multiple times to take waggles and check the wind. Basically he has the sort of tedious conversations with himself that Jordan Spieth does with his caddy except I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what he's talking about.

To me he clearly needs to lose all the accessories, leave the Phablet in his bag and just spend a few rounds stepping up and hitting the ball. Somewhere along the line he must have become convinced that the key to golf is having a perfectly clean golf ball, perfectly clean clubs and doing a doctoral dissertation on distance, slope and wind before settling on a club.

And he could definitely start marking his ball with a penny if you ask me. Wouldn't help his game but it would help mine...

^^ he just sounds OCD and neurotic. I'm guessing he doesn't just do this with golf, but with anything in life he must make decisions toward.

As for me, I don't think I look like a hacker really. I wear non matching brands (TM/Titleist hat, Puma/UA/Random shirt, random belt, random shorts, nike shoes) and don't have huge GI clubs. I do use a GPS app, but I only use it at the tee to see the general shape of the hole. For approaches and pitches I use my range finder. I only clean my clubs with my brush after I've seen myself take a divot, otherwise I wipe with my hand. Only clean my ball if it's dirty... etc. My divot tool and ball marker are some random thing I picked up at PGATSS for like $10 bucks.

I've always loved this snapshot I found somewhere out on the web last year.

I'm really not wanting to make fun of this anonymous fellow, he looks like the kind of guy I'd enjoy playing with. But when I see this picture I don't think "Hacker" as much as I think "Muni". Isn't that the very definition of a Muni Golfer?

Just a cool photo. Classic.

P.S. In fact, I probably ought to make that the screen background on my computer. Looking at that every day would be a reminder that I don't need new clubs, a new push cart or to be constantly buying nice shirts and slacks. Or even playing golf at an expensive country club. That guy is having the same fun I do at 1/10 the expense.

I've always loved this snapshot I found somewhere out on the web last year.

I'm really not wanting to make fun of this anonymous fellow, he looks like the kind of guy I'd enjoy playing with. But when I see this picture I don't think "Hacker" as much as I think "Muni". Isn't that the very definition of a Muni Golfer?

Just a cool photo. Classic.

P.S. In fact, I probably ought to make that the screen background on my computer. Looking at that every day would be a reminder that I don't need new clubs, a new push cart or to be constantly buying nice shirts and slacks. Or even playing golf at an expensive country club. That guy is having the same fun I do at 1/10 the expense.

If only, someone could teach him to park his cart on the other side of the bunkers, with the others...I agree, muni, it is.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

If only, someone could teach him to park his cart on the other side of the bunkers, with the others...I agree, muni, it is.

Unless he plays right and putts left, I don't think they're his clubs.

Yep. Also the guy with the Wilsons has his jacket off already, hanging on the handle of the push cart.

That said, the guys I play with universally park our push carts a couple yards from the green. Except for during the winter when the fringes are wet and dormant and tend to get beat up get beat up. So I didn't actually think twice about the cart being there in Muni Man's picture, although I don't know what the usual practice might be at that course..

Good etiquette trumps all hacker items. In other words, they really don't bother me if a playing partner is pleasant to golf with.

you just totally took all the fun out of the thread

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I, for the first time in over 20 years playing golf, saw a Tee Sharpener...

Now I'm about as cheap as they come, pocket half broken tees to use on par 3s, get a giddy little butterfly in my stomach when I find a non-broken tee left behind (ESPECIALLY if it's a plastic one)... but never in my life would I think to carry a little pencil sharpener specifically for tees. Apparently that's where I draw the line.

And BTW, I love my iron covers...

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

I, for the first time in over 20 years playing golf, saw a Tee Sharpener...

Now I'm about as cheap as they come, pocket half broken tees to use on par 3s, get a giddy little butterfly in my stomach when I find a non-broken tee left behind (ESPECIALLY if it's a plastic one)... but never in my life would I think to carry a little pencil sharpener specifically for tees. Apparently that's where I draw the line.

And BTW, I love my iron covers...

Visit the web site that sells x-out tees for 30% off. :lock: :lock: :lock:

Using the marker on the golf glove to mark your ball ... Big giveaway

I've always thought more the magnetic marker on the hat!

That's me!

Magnet ball marker on my hat, wire brush club cleaner, gps watch, martini tee, occasional white belt, but no towel on the belt.

I do something worse that would probably cause half the board to stroke out: I carry a putting ball in my left pocket that I only putt with. I just mark it, pick the dirty one up, and put the clean one down.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

Using the marker on the golf glove to mark your ball ... Big giveaway

I've always thought more the magnetic marker on the hat!

That's me!

Magnet ball marker on my hat, wire brush club cleaner, gps watch, martini tee, occasional white belt, but no towel on the belt.

I do something worse that would probably cause half the board to stroke out: I carry a putting ball in my left pocket that I only putt with. I just mark it, pick the dirty one up, and put the clean one down.

although I don't wear a white belt, I like the fact that you do the things you want to do to make golf enjoyable for you. Aren't Martini tees the best tee in the world! As well as GPS watches.