2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

Ping just announced via instagram this is the best selling driver for Feb & March

Last 2 times I was at the range, I heard someone raving about their M. I am surprised Ping is holding strong

TaylorMade has multiple drivers out which I'd think caused the G to have the edge

I'd imagine that if they put the G and G LS together, they would put the M1/M2 together in the groupings as well?

I would think... It's same concept, a couple difference version of the same driver.

That's a good point. I still think there is more difference between the M1 and M2 than there is between the G and G LS to differentiate them in sales.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all who has ordered a custom G driver to your certain specs. What kind of time frame did it take to get your driver. I ordered mine two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered G LS with a ping tour 65x. At 44.5 playing length. Asked for my driver/adapter head weight to be 207. Digitally lofted 9-9.5 with a degree open face. Didn't feel like this was to specific. Have been itching for it to show up but to no luck

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

For all who has ordered a custom G driver to your certain specs. What kind of time frame did it take to get your driver. I ordered mine two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I ordered G LS with a ping tour 65x. At 44.5 playing length. Asked for my driver/adapter head weight to be 207. Digitally lofted 9-9.5 with a degree open face. Didn't feel like this was to specific. Have been itching for it to show up but to no luck

13 lapse days from the time I picked up the phone to call GolfDiscount to the day it arrived at my door. I requested swing weight and length but not the open face.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

They had the option to let you pick the face angle? Is that new for Ping? Back when I ordered my G25, I was told that they didn't allow you to do that.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

They had the option to let you pick the face angle? Is that new for Ping? Back when I ordered my G25, I was told that they didn't allow you to do that.

They don't...

Not sure if it was an option or not I just put that in my spec list. I just assumed if I was paying the extra to find the preferred head I could list that. At this point just give me the dang driver with proper loft, screw the face angle. I used to be huge about having a degree to three open face back in the day. Anymore I just don't like it closed.

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

I stopped at Dicks yesterday and hit the G. Started out with the regular G and had the fade I am used to seeing. The woman working there switched me to the SF tech and I was hitting dead straight.

SS: 102mph Spin:2600 Carry: 260

She said there was no point in a fitting or trying anything else because it doesn't get any better than that. Well that is the same carry that I get out of my old driver (Cobra Baffler XL Stiff) She even discouraged me trying other drivers. I wish I lived closer to a better place to get a fitting. I think I will have to make the long road trip to a real fitting.

I stopped at Dicks yesterday and hit the G. Started out with the regular G and had the fade I am used to seeing. The woman working there switched me to the SF tech and I was hitting dead straight.

She said there was no point in a fitting or trying anything else because it doesn't get any better than that. Well that is the same carry that I get out of my old driver (Cobra Baffler XL Stiff) She even discouraged me trying other drivers. I wish I lived closer to a better place to get a fitting. I think I will have to make the long road trip to a real fitting.

You're not going to get much more than 260 carry out of a 100 mph SS no matter the setup.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I'm really finding a groove with mine. Was playing g30ls OTR 10.5 in big + setting and the G LS is digital 11* in same setting, same couple shafts. I hit a ball yesterday that I never would have believed carried a dogleg, it was down wind but was hit so poorly on the toe I didn't even watch it. I have to hit a decent drive normally to carry and am left with ~80 in, that's exactly where it was sitting. The corner is OB, my provisional was pin high. Again, down wind, but I hit that tee shot ~150 times last 2 years with warmer temps and higher winds and I've never been within 40 yards. I was more impressed by the first one being in.

Are you noticing a difference in fade bias between the G30 LS and G LS? I've read that the G LS is launching a little higher and less fade biased than the G30, and looking at the numbers from the Driver Trials it looks to be less fade biased, but I'm wondering if you've noticed anything.

Maybe a little but I never thought the g30 was very fade biased. Playing in the + position could be the reason why I've never had that issue. My right miss is always going to be a block, not a fade that goes to far right.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I'm really finding a groove with mine. Was playing g30ls OTR 10.5 in big + setting and the G LS is digital 11* in same setting, same couple shafts. I hit a ball yesterday that I never would have believed carried a dogleg, it was down wind but was hit so poorly on the toe I didn't even watch it. I have to hit a decent drive normally to carry and am left with ~80 in, that's exactly where it was sitting. The corner is OB, my provisional was pin high. Again, down wind, but I hit that tee shot ~150 times last 2 years with warmer temps and higher winds and I've never been within 40 yards. I was more impressed by the first one being in.

Are you noticing a difference in fade bias between the G30 LS and G LS? I've read that the G LS is launching a little higher and less fade biased than the G30, and looking at the numbers from the Driver Trials it looks to be less fade biased, but I'm wondering if you've noticed anything.

Maybe a little but I never thought the g30 was very fade biased. Playing in the + position could be the reason why I've never had that issue. My right miss is always going to be a block, not a fade that goes to far right.

Based on some fitting numbers and some on-course testing, I had been playing my G30 LST in the big minus position and the smaller minus position over the past few rounds. It appears that I maximize distance by dropping the loft. However, I found that in those settings, I had a tendency to hit a fade, and my bad swings turned into slices. I switched back to the neutral setting for a few holes during my last round, and my flight returned to my preferred draw, and I hit the fairway on each shot (small sample size -- only 3 or 4 swings). Until I find a G LS at a price I can live with, I think I'm going to play my G30 LST in the neutral position, even if it means sacrificing a few yards. I've actually putted well this year, but driving accuracy and inconsistent irons have held back my scoring the few times I've played, so if I can keep it out of trouble off the tee, hopefully I'll start putting up some good scores.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Just played my first round with mine. Not sure what to think. Looks great, sounds great, feels good in my hands, besides a little light, but that can be fixed. However, compared to my old FT-9 Tour, I was hitting it essentially the same distance and no more straighter, in fact the FT-9 may have won the competition. May try to get on a monitor this weekend and see if I can dial something in better...

Titleist TSi2 10° w/Ventus Blue 6x w/VeloCore

Titleist TSi2 15° w/Ventus Blue 7x w/VeloCore
Titleist TSi2 21° w/Ventus Blue 8x w/VeloCore
Titleist T100S (2021) 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52.12F, 56.10S, and 60.08M
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5 34"
Pro V1

Just played my first round with mine. Not sure what to think. Looks great, sounds great, feels good in my hands, besides a little light, but that can be fixed. However, compared to my old FT-9 Tour, I was hitting it essentially the same distance and no more straighter, in fact the FT-9 may have won the competition. May try to get on a monitor this weekend and see if I can dial something in better...

If you have a 9* head and decide to get rid of it, let me know, as I'm in the market

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Back to being in love with this thing.

I tee it higher now and it was a swing problem not a club problem.

I am finding areas of my course I've never seen with my G25

I like teeing it extremely high with the G and also with the g30 before.

That's interesting I always had the best results with my G30 LS when I teed the ball fairly low, so the top of the ball was about level with the crown when the club was grounded.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Back to being in love with this thing.

I tee it higher now and it was a swing problem not a club problem.

I am finding areas of my course I've never seen with my G25

I like teeing it extremely high with the G and also with the g30 before.

That's interesting I always had the best results with my G30 LS when I teed the ball fairly low, so the top of the ball was about level with the crown when the club was grounded.

I've struggled switching back and forth between LS and LTD because of tee height, hit top spin balls off the top of the face with LTD but literally can't tee it too high with the Ping.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Today I went to the Golf & Ski warehouse to get fitted. I tried everything, I really wanted to love the XR16 but I came back to the Ping G. The Standard G was my best performing club and after trying different shafts and lofts I settled into the Tour stiff shaft at 9.6 deg. Even my worst hits with the G were playable and only my very best hits with the XR16 were as good. Had a really great experience at Golf & Ski now I can't wait to get the new club out on the course.

Driver SS was about 105. Carry was 260+ on decent hits and 250 on mishits. That's what really sold me on the G. Even sloppy, tired, I've swung a club too many times at this fitting swings carried close to 250.

I went to a Ping demo day last week for an outdoor fitting. My fitter (the range owner) used a combination of experience (he's done hundreds of fittings) and tracman. My driver swingspeed is around 95 mph with a level angle of attack and a smooth transition.

I tried the 10.5 degree G driver with regular and stiff Ping shafts. After not seeing the launch/ball flight he wanted (and the shaft not feeling quite right to me), my fitter suggested that I try the tour 65 shaft in regular, since it profiles more like a stiff shaft I'm told. I added a little more spine tilt to increase the launch angle and bingo!!!

I'm currently waiting on delivery of my G driver, 10.5 (digital loft), 44.5 inches, ping tour regular shaft, D3.

As a way of verifying my outdoor fitting, I hit the same club at golfsmith. My misses were 266 total, and my best was 280. I'm fairly confident in the simulator's readings, since I've hit my driver on that same simulator before and it was spot-on with my on course experience.

Bottom Line: this driver is super forgiving and I'm amazed at how far the misses go.

Went to an outdoor demo day yesterday after a really frustrating day at Bryan Park. Shot 69 (-3) last weekend and 89 yesterday. Couldn't find a fairway to save my life and had no confidence.

The representative at Ping asked me a few questions, put together a 10.5* LS Tec with a Tour 65 shaft set at 11.5*. It took 5 shots before I ordered it on the spot. I didn't have a problem turning it over a little compared to the Cobra and Callaway that I was trying out.

Same goes for the G series 3-wood.

I would say that I was surprised that the G felt good because I tried the G30 last year and hit nothing but blocks.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I can go to our driving range at the course I live on.. for some reason, I can absolutely murder the ball with mine, even hitting baby draws with a piercing flight... Back of the range is a 250 yard carry with a 100 year old oak tree. I can regularly fly it over or into the top 1/3rd of this tree. the greenskeeper shed is behind the tree, and I hit the roof (makes an awful clang). My SFT 10* (set at 9.5 as this is what it was digitally lofted at) kills it when I tee it high...

but i get to the first tee.... I miss it like every other driver.... blocked right with a 5-10 yard fade....

so the club is bad arse.

my swing has plenty of power to hit dead range balls (usually half a club short on my irons) far enough that I can't use driver if the hitting area is up front.

But my brain wedge finds it way out of the bag as soon as we hit the course... :|

thats the worst club in the bag

finally put together a decent round yesterday. shot 80 on the nose, must have missed 10 birdie putts by less than 6 inches... 3 lip outs.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I know this is a G series thread but maybe some others could help me since I am assuming there are a lot of G line enthusiast here.

Big difference between the G25 and G30/G series?

I have been loyal to my Bio Cell+ for the last 3 years but at the end of last year and beginning of this year it just wasn't co-operating. Indian not the arrow, I know, but I needed something different. Had a G25 sitting in the basement that I tossed in the bag and have had two awesome driving rounds with it. Never got fit for it or anything, but wondering what, if anything I would really gain from going to a G30 or G series. I know the G30 seemed to have an even bigger following then the G25 and the G series has been the best selling driver for the past two months so there is something to be said there. Just wondering if it is really worth it to shell out the cash and what others have experienced personally between the 3. Thanks!

there is a little between each but larger gap from G25 to G

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I know this is a G series thread but maybe some others could help me since I am assuming there are a lot of G line enthusiast here.

I have been loyal to my Bio Cell+ for the last 3 years but at the end of last year and beginning of this year it just wasn't co-operating. Indian not the arrow, I know, but I needed something different. Had a G25 sitting in the basement that I tossed in the bag and have had two awesome driving rounds with it. Never got fit for it or anything, but wondering what, if anything I would really gain from going to a G30 or G series. I know the G30 seemed to have an even bigger following then the G25 and the G series has been the best selling driver for the past two months so there is something to be said there. Just wondering if it is really worth it to shell out the cash and what others have experienced personally between the 3. Thanks!

The G25 was possibly the most forgiving clubhead I've ever played. When the G30 came out, I didn't see enough of a difference to cause me to switch. Then, they came out with the LS Tec, and that made a huge difference to my game. I played the G25, knowing that I was spinning it too much and not maximizing distance, but keeping it in play was worth the tradeoff. The LST came along and really dropped that spin to a level where it was significantly longer, especially into the wind, while still maintaining most of the forgiveness of the G25. There is really no difference to me between G30 LST and G LST when it comes to distance, but the G LST seems to have built in some additional forgiveness, in addition to improvements in feel and sound.

I enjoy my G for the most part, but even though I was fitted I feel like I need a little more launch. I've played with the adjustments but prefer the neutral setting. I'm having an adapter installed on a diamana b series I had sitting around. I've been playing the tour 65 stiff. I've never got along with the stock ping shafts. This club is definitely forgiving.

For those who are good at analyzing driver swing numbers...I tested the G LS on a monitor yesterday and was averaging 2300 RPMs with 13-14 degree launch angle. How do these numbers sound? I didn't mess around with the loft, but I'd think cranking down the loft would decrease my spin numbers. I really like the club...was using the Tour 65 shaft, which felt pretty sweet.

Thanks!

For those who are good at analyzing driver swing numbers...I tested the G LS on a monitor yesterday and was averaging 2300 RPMs with 13-14 degree launch angle. How do these numbers sound? I didn't mess around with the loft, but I'd think cranking down the loft would decrease my spin numbers. I really like the club...was using the Tour 65 shaft, which felt pretty sweet.

Thanks!

Depends on your ball speed, but in general, those are pretty good numbers.

I never got along with the G25 I launched it very high and always felt I was sacrificing distance. It just couldn't knock my Ping Rapture V2 out of the bag. The Ping G30 was a definite improvement for my game it was about the same as my Rapture V2 in distance, but the forgiveness with the G30 was head and shoulders above the V2. Now moving onto the Ping G30 & Ping G . I noticed very little difference between the G30 and the G. I easily could have continued to game the G30, however the more traditional shaped head of the Ping G suited my eye better. I did drop from a 10.5 Deg. Ping G30 to 9 deg. Ping G. My spin numbers dropped slightly and my launch was just below what it was with the G30. Overall distance gain was marginal on average 3-5 yards. My advise when asked is really it's a coin flip between the G30 and G both are excellent drivers.

GLS is definitely more draw biased compared to G30LS even in big minus setting but that suits me just fine. They engineered a club that hits non spinny high draws, pretty impressive really

This is interesting to me. My one complaint about my g30 LST is that I cannot hit a consistent draw with it. Was thinking about an SF TEC, but I don't want any additional spin.

What is different about the G LST vs the G30 LST that gives it more draw bias?