Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

yep..im thinking shaft too after ive studied the specs... ive used a blalck tie in the past in a sldr 430 head...guess I didn't realize the white was the polar opposite.. Im thinking speeder TS 7.2 is what ill look for... once upon a time I played that in a Anser and to this day that's my favorite driver combo ive owned...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep..im thinking shaft too after ive studied the specs... ive used a blalck tie in the past in a sldr 430 head...guess I didn't realize the white was the polar opposite.. Im thinking speeder TS 7.2 is what ill look for... once upon a time I played that in a Anser and to this day that's my favorite driver combo ive owned...

Graphite design? I know a lot of people who got good results with the DI, that's what I have. Giving it a run with the new GP soon.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

BH, the + - is not for fade or draw. It is more for trajectory. I had the 9 degree g ls and I actually had it in the big minus. I had the tour 65x in it and I got a nice traj that did not go too high at all. Got some run out and still a big carry. Also, I do believe that it's tuff to play the g with a super stiff profile shaft, it only contributes to the fade, my opinion there...maybe a chrome 7f5t, or hzrdus yellow, Tour ad bb, type shafts....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Yep, the White tie is polar opposite of Black tie. The Speeder 7.2 TS would be much closer to the Black Tie.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Are Ping I series drivers gone for good? Not really on topic, but I had an I15 driver (loved it), an I25 driver (currently love it), and not sure what my next Ping driver will be.

Would love a successor to the i25 as it's my current favorite, but if not I will enjoy getting some more backup heads for cheap.

My spec'd out G LS head was a bust today so back to Golfsmith to try to get it corrected. Still want to give it a chance based on the feedback here especially versus the G30 LS - my experience with it echoes many of the others here.

Sorry, what do you mean "a bust"? It did not play well, or something broke down mechanically? I'm specifically curious about the I25 compared to the G30 LS Tec, so your thoughts are appreciated, as an I25 lover.

I mean the club was built incorrectly according to what I ordered (due to a couple different reasons not entirely on ping) so I need to reorder.

The G30 LS is no comparison to the i25 in my opinion. Not trying to ruffle any feathers as this is solely my experience and my opinion.

Ok thanks. I was thinking to wait for the next one anyway, or perhaps explore more shaft options with my i25!

BH, the + - is not for fade or draw. It is more for trajectory. I had the 9 degree g ls and I actually had it in the big minus. I had the tour 65x in it and I got a nice traj that did not go too high at all. Got some run out and still a big carry. Also, I do believe that it's tuff to play the g with a super stiff profile shaft, it only contributes to the fade, my opinion there...maybe a chrome 7f5t, or hzrdus yellow, Tour ad bb, type shafts....

thanks guys... ive hit some more balls with it after adding some lead tape to get the feel back up (i play my drivers at 44.5) ..... ive moved from a fade to a high straight ball now when i swing for a draw...so im closer to turning it over..lol I may try a ADDI or a Hazardous..... I actually love the feel of the handmade PX shafts ( LZ and hazardous) in driver... ive not hit the ADDI in one but do love them for a 3 wood , especially off the deck.. we will see...not hating the white tie, im just very concerned how it would play on a windy day....

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So hit some more and found that the info above is correct. Loft changes do not seem to effect fade or draw bias. I've settled on full -1. And I now am hitting mid level shots that fly forever. This maybe the best setup I've ever hit. It's for sure as long. But either I've become a great ball striker with the driver or this thing is uber easy to hit. I hit it pretty consistent according to Ball marks. But still. I don't seem to be able to miss it. I really like this if you couldn't tell. And honestly think it's s good looking head too !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I have a G 9* LS with Tour 65 shaft arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to hit it on the course. I hit it beautifully on the launch monitor. Currently carrying a Callaway 816 DBD that I love because I can move it consistently left-to-right with good distance. The launch monitor numbers suggested that I hit the G even better but the proof will come on my home course this week.

Hit a few more balls with mine last night and I've had to go for the time being to the + setting. In neutral I was getting a consistent fade. But my eyes want to see a draw. These heads are definitely fade bias. Also I may rethink the white tie. As it is possibly the highest launching driver I've ever hit. I'm getting distance but it's all carry. I personally wouldn't refer a mid flight for some rollout and playability into the wind. Anyone else think these launch high ? I'm now wondering if it's just the shaft'?

Might be the shaft, I'd say average launch. I'm playin an 11* set to the + setting, launch it high, Apex >100 ft, but so low spin I'm seeing some solid roll out.

Hit a few more balls with mine last night and I've had to go for the time being to the + setting. In neutral I was getting a consistent fade. But my eyes want to see a draw. These heads are definitely fade bias. Also I may rethink the white tie. As it is possibly the highest launching driver I've ever hit. I'm getting distance but it's all carry. I personally wouldn't refer a mid flight for some rollout and playability into the wind. Anyone else think these launch high ? I'm now wondering if it's just the shaft'?

Might be the shaft, I'd say average launch. I'm playin an 11* set to the + setting, launch it high, Apex >100 ft, but so low spin I'm seeing some solid roll out.

i think it is the head. I have found it to launch really high. I have a 9 degree g and have played the tour 65 aldila ripd nv and rogue silver and all launched high. My g25 with ripd nv had way more penetrating trajectory. I had the g25 dig lofted to 10 degree wonder if the 9 degree g plays more like a 12 degree

i think it is the head. I have found it to launch really high. I have a 9 degree g and have played the tour 65 aldila ripd nv and rogue silver and all launched high. My g25 with ripd nv had way more penetrating trajectory. I had the g25 dig lofted to 10 degree wonder if the 9 degree g plays more like a 12 degree

I got my G LS head out on the range for the first time today, and I agree that it seems to launch high. I was hitting my G30 LS with the same shaft in the neutral setting, and to get the G to launch in the same window, I had to set it in the -1* setting. That's not necessarily bad, and may actually be better to launch it higher, depending on how that high ball performs in the wind. More testing needed, for sure. I did find that the G is less fade biased in the -1* setting than the G30 LS.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Wow.

What a day with my G LS 9* at my home course! After a month of toying between the 10.5* G LS and the 9* G LS, I have finally settled on the 9* LS (just sold the 10.5* G LS on ebay).

My setting right now is 10* (big +) and the Tour 65 stiff cut down to a mere 44" and playing the ball a little lower. The slightly closed face allows a gentle draw.

The consistency I had today in the round was amazing, the ball flew to all the right, long places. No hooks, a couple of high push to the right fairway, thats it. I teed the ball low (using the yellow 4 more yard tees for consistency). Even on the range, I err on the 2 1/2 rubber tees. Lowering the tee allows me to hit more consistently on the middle of the face. Any higher and I tend to err on the toe hits which turns to hooks. The lower tee allows a more lower, level flight of the ball.

Everything else was bombed out there to the astonishment of my playing partners. I had to sort out my driver swing to get it right. Having the shorter shaft makes it so much easier to turn the club as compared to the same driver at 44.5 and 44.75. These quarter inches makes a difference to my swing (which is PPGS vertical).

I once thought my 430 M1 was long but the Ping just punish the ball beyond the M1. Head to head, I won't be yearning for my M1 although I have like 3 shafts for it.

The Ping G 9* (set to 10*) is it. The swing weight of D2 is perfect, not too light where I don't feel the head, nor as heavy (with the 11gm weight) like I can't swing it fast.

Driver is set until the next Ping driver comes through. No more 10.5 LS heads, or nothing...the experiment is over :taunt:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Wow.

What a day with my G LS 9* at my home course! After a month of toying between the 10.5* G LS and the 9* G LS, I have finally settled on the 9* LS (just sold the 10.5* G LS on ebay).

My setting right now is 10* (big +) and the Tour 65 stiff cut down to a mere 44" and playing the ball a little lower. The slightly closed face allows a gentle draw.

The consistency I had today in the round was amazing, the ball flew to all the right, long places. No hooks, a couple of high push to the right fairway, thats it. I teed the ball low (using the yellow 4 more yard tees for consistency). Even on the range, I err on the 2 1/2 rubber tees. Lowering the tee allows me to hit more consistently on the middle of the face. Any higher and I tend to err on the toe hits which turns to hooks. The lower tee allows a more lower, level flight of the ball.

Everything else was bombed out there to the astonishment of my playing partners. I had to sort out my driver swing to get it right. Having the shorter shaft makes it so much easier to turn the club as compared to the same driver at 44.5 and 44.75. These quarter inches makes a difference to my swing (which is PPGS vertical).

I once thought my 430 M1 was long but the Ping just punish the ball beyond the M1. Head to head, I won't be yearning for my M1 although I have like 3 shafts for it.

The Ping G 9* (set to 10*) is it. The swing weight of D2 is perfect, not too light where I don't feel the head, nor as heavy (with the 11gm weight) like I can't swing it fast.

Driver is set until the next Ping driver comes through. No more 10.5 LS heads, or nothing...the experiment is over :taunt:

Proof that sometimes the very most distance isn't the best thing for *actual* golf.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I had previously posted that the control my G25 offered was more of a benefit vs the fade bias of the G30 LS. This past weekend I pooled some gift certificates I had picked up recently and bought an OTR G LS 10.5 with the stock Tour 65 stiff. My pro shop had a 9* with a stiff and a 10.5* regular so I asked if I could switch the shafts and they agreed. Immediately took it out to the course and played a quick 9. Hit it alright but the head felt light so I must have messed with the swing weight when I swapped the shafts. I went home and popped the weight out and sure enough it was the lightest version they put in there.

I threw one of the heavier weights in the head and sound and feel immediately improved. I rolled the dice and took it out to a qualifier I had yesterday and was delighted. I found the feel off the face to be MUCH better than the G30 LS and also found this club to be straight to draw biased with the setup I had. Medium penetrating flight and long. I also actually found it to be more controllable than the G25. I won't say point and shoot but it really does go in the direction your pointing and shots hold their line beautifully. For me and my swing, a great improvement to the G30 LS.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I had previously posted that the control my G25 offered was more of a benefit vs the fade bias of the G30 LS. This past weekend I pooled some gift certificates I had picked up recently and bought an OTR G LS 10.5 with the stock Tour 65 stiff. My pro shop had a 9* with a stiff and a 10.5* regular so I asked if I could switch the shafts and they agreed. Immediately took it out to the course and played a quick 9. Hit it alright but the head felt light so I must have messed with the swing weight when I swapped the shafts. I went home and popped the weight out and sure enough it was the lightest version they put in there.

I threw one of the heavier weights in the head and sound and feel immediately improved. I rolled the dice and took it out to a qualifier I had yesterday and was delighted. I found the feel off the face to be MUCH better than the G30 LS and also found this club to be straight to draw biased with the setup I had. Medium penetrating flight and long. I also actually found it to be more controllable than the G25. I won't say point and shoot but it really does go in the direction your pointing and shots hold their line beautifully. For me and my swing, a great improvement to the G30 LS.

What loft was your G30 LS?

What loft was your G30 LS?

10.5, the same as my G LS.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Cracked the hosel on my i25 9.5 about a week ago which blew because I had just installed an Oban Devo 60 05 tipped 1" and was bombing it. Called Ping and let them know what happened, they gave me a repair number and said to send it in for inspection. They called me yesterday and although they cant replace with an i25 they are sending me a G LS 10.5 with 5g of hot melt and the Tour 65x shaft tipped 1", Golf Pride TV grip +2 wraps. All for free of charge and I should have it in 3 days. Hands down the best customer service out of any other OEM and the reason I have played them for 20+ yrs. Hopefully I will get along with the G LS! If not I can always get an i25 head off of the bay.

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

I got mine (9* LST, not digitally measured, Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70x, playing 44.5") on a Trackman during a lesson on Tuesday where we found the cause of my horribly inconsistent driving so far this year, and I'm really impressed with the numbers. I initially had it set in the neutral setting, and the results were pretty good, but I was getting into Jason Day territory on the apex, with spin in the 2600 range, which just isn't going to work, so I moved it to the -1* setting, and the apex came down to about 115 ft, spin dropped (sub 2000 when hit on the screws with a little draw, still under 3000 on my heel miss), ball speed increased (between 170-174 with 116-119 mph SS), and I was still easily able to turn it over, which is very different from my experience with the G30 LST when I played it in the same setting.

First time on the course should be tomorrow.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Cracked the hosel on my i25 9.5 about a week ago which blew because I had just installed an Oban Devo 60 05 tipped 1" and was bombing it. Called Ping and let them know what happened, they gave me a repair number and said to send it in for inspection. They called me yesterday and although they cant replace with an i25 they are sending me a G LS 10.5 with 5g of hot melt and the Tour 65x shaft tipped 1", Golf Pride TV grip +2 wraps. All for free of charge and I should have it in 3 days. Hands down the best customer service out of any other OEM and the reason I have played them for 20+ yrs. Hopefully I will get along with the G LS! If not I can always get an i25 head off of the bay.

Wish I would've done the same instead of taking it to the store. That's one thing I have had some inconsistency with as far as Ping CS, one guy says one thing and another guy says something else. Just hope they got my request correct as I don't mind waiting otherwise.

Hit today at a demo day. Liked the feel of regular over the ls tech. Liked the silver tour shaft and was hitting pretty straight bombs. The rep also said he plays the regular for feel and didn't notice any difference in distance while the regular offers a little more forgiveness. I did go to the 9 degrees in regular versus 10.5 in ls tech. Was very impressed.

Ping G410+ 9° with tour shaft
Titleist TSR3 19 hybrid

Ping S55 3-pw x100
Vokey 52/56/60
Scotty Newport 2

Played the G30 10.5 stock TFC19 stiff last year and loved it. Must say I briefly demoed an assortment of drivers but was pre leaning the Ping way and when the G30 performed the same or better than the others the choice was easy. Recently got a G LS 10.5 and hit it on the range last night for the first time vs inside launch monitors, and like what I see. A more penetrating ball flight and better distance. Seems the big + had best ball flight, had a helping cross wind last night and with rock range balls at std 10.5 setting the ball seemed to fall out of air to early. +1* helped a lot we shall see with my gamer spin balls. How much more distance, not sure yet but most likely a lower spin rate is probably the reason and a more penetrating ball flight carried my G LS to close or a little shorter than where my G30 ended up but with the G LS I get all the additional roll as increased distance. Looking forward to this G LS lower spin combined with my gamer balls (Chrome soft and B330 RXS) being an ultimate combination

Regarding the stock G30 TFC 19 or G Alta shafts. I feel for moderate SS players (90's) these shafts can be a best option when the Tour 65 Stiff is too firm or stout. The Alta stock stiff shaft seems to fit in between the regular Tour 65 and the stiff Tour 65 fairly well. Also, with the big size of the ping driver heads having an additional inch or so of shaft length I welcome. Maybe being 6'1" helps also.

After posting this, I played yesterday with my G LS tec and moved my loft back to 10.5 and may start going lower. Love what this driver is about. Lower spin, piercing trajectory and forgiveness.

First round with the G LST:

Shot -1 (aided by a lucky 50 yard hole out for eagle on 18 that would have ended up 30 feet away if it hadn't hit the stick and dropped --left myself with no angle, and it jumped off a hill and ended up perfect)

Missed 3 fairways with the G, two of which were due to dumb decisions on my part.

Had to play two different shafts, because my epoxy job on my Rogue apparently wasn't very good. It also performed very well with AD BB 7x.

I'm feeling really good with the driver now. A lot of it was fixing the really bad swing flaw that had crept in, but this thing seems like a driver I can play with confidence for a long time.

Another fantastic driving day with my G on todays round. The air was pretty humid due to recent rain here in Los Angeles, so the ball did not go as far. My playing partner and I found we had to club up on most shots. The roll wasn't as far either because of the soggy fairways and that cost me some eagle chances because the 3 wood would pull to a stop before the green - on other days, it was a sure roll on.

Really impressed with the driver, no hooks at all, the worse shots was a push. Missed 3 fairways but all them was in the right rough and playable.

Have to say - this G combo is turning out to be one of the best drivers I have owned.

Super easy, super forgiving and long (even with the 44" finished length).

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

Another fantastic driving day with my G on todays round. The air was pretty humid due to recent rain here in Los Angeles, so the ball did not go as far. My playing partner and I found we had to club up on most shots. The roll wasn't as far either because of the soggy fairways and that cost me some eagle chances because the 3 wood would pull to a stop before the green - on other days, it was a sure roll on.

Really impressed with the driver, no hooks at all, the worse shots was a push. Missed 3 fairways but all them was in the right rough and playable.

Have to say - this G combo is turning out to be one of the best drivers I have owned.

Super easy, super forgiving and long (even with the 44" finished length).

The Ping website shows 207 grams as stock head weight for the L? What head weight are you needing to get 44" and D2? Getting weights off EBay?

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Anyone starting off with the LS Tec and going to the regular G?

I'm considering going back to the regular G.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Anyone starting off with the LS Tec and going to the regular G?

I'm considering going back to the regular G.

Can I a sky why you are going back to the G?

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

The Ping website shows 207 grams as stock head weight for the L? What head weight are you needing to get 44" and D2? Getting weights off EBay?

My Ping G was WRX ordered from Ping initially at 44.5" and D2 with the Ping 360 grip.

This is my weights as measured:

Ping G head with no weight and shaft screw: 199.05 gm

Weight: 6.9 (7 gm is marked on the weight). This is the OEM weight from Ping as ordered, not an Ebay weight.

Total actual head weight is 205.95 (take it as 206 rounded up).

The stock Ping G LS 9* is 207.5, D4 and 45.75" (refer http://www.golfdiscount.com/ping-g-ls-tec-tour-driver), that is too crazy long and weighty for my liking.