2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Anser and G25 tips don't work with the G30 and G heads

Thank you sir. Didn't think they wouldn't wanted to check. It actually was in an I25 now that I think about it, but was from an Ansr. Still won't work though huh?

I25 wouldn't work either. They changed up the adapter a little when they went to the 30 series.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Jeez, just a quick update but this driver just keeps getting better.

The trim down to 44 inches combined with some hotmelt and a loft adjustment has made it ridiculous for me.

I "heeled" one on the 16th hole at my home course today and was still the long man in my group. I didnt go with the LS because I can get realy errant with my driver.

Long for long, I bet there are drivers that can get passed the Ping G by a few yards. Its the drives that shouldnt even cross 200 that end up 250 which make me love this thing though...

Just got back from a round at Woodley Lakes today in Los Angeles, shot a 75 off the Blues, 2 weeks ago, I shot 72 and if not for errant mid irons shots and bad decisions, it would have been Par but it is, what it is.

My G driver is really, really stupid again. Long.

What can I add to the superlatives of this driver for me....well how about the 18th Par 5, smoked it for 305 off the tee and then, at 239 yards to pin, hit a G30 14.5 fairway - a new addition (like got it yesterday from 3Balls) into the bag - to pin high in the rouge but was not rewarded due to a mediocre chip. Can't go left OB and the right has junk (past the 200 marker). Amazed with Ping.

Yep, if Ping was so good with the driver, I decided to try the G30 3 wood at 14.5*. I cut my G30 down from 43" to 41.5" and I really like it. My prior 3 wood is a R15 with the Aldila Blue but this G30 might have a touch better forgiveness and just as long even though the G30 is technically, 1/2" shorter in finished length.

Feels pretty good off the deck, but the G30 seems to have more run out of it than the R15...

I dunno whats happening...slowly turning my bag from an all Taylormade to Ping....goodness gracious :superman:

Luv my :smilie_ping: s

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

The LS Tec is definitely low spin. I have never had a problem spinning a driver to little. Generally too much. But, the LS Tec just doesnt spin enough for me. What a shame because I thought it looked beautiful behind the ball. I hit 5-10 shots and it was knuckle ball after knuckle ball.

Currently up for sale in the classifieds. If anyone is interested. Looks brand new.

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

Just swung through the Mid-West on business but got two rounds in while we were out there. First round was at a small club in MN for business but kept track of my distances and averaged 295 on 5 swings with the driver, highlighted by driving it 20 yards short of a 335 yard par 4 right in the center of the fairway.

Second stop was at Erin Hills and averaged 297 swinging the driver 6 times including one I absolutely pounded on #18 that went 325 yards, which unfortunately still leaves you 300 yards out on that hole.

Still loving the Tour 65s. Need to give the AD DI 6x a fair shake but not until the 65s starts to misbehave because I'm as in control of my driver as I've been in the last 2 year right now. I think that's the best part of the G LS for me, is simply how in control of it you feel.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Tini or non-Tini? I really liked the KK Tini 60S in my M1 430, real kick but that is a totally different head as compared to the G LS I have now. I still kept that shaft just waiting for the M2 heads to get real cheap, lol.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Been playing the Cobra LTD for several months. Great driver, awesome feel and sound. It was a long hitter for me, but I just could not get comfortable with it. Never gained confidence standing over the ball with it. I decided to give the Ping G a whirl for more forgiveness. I had the Ping G30 LS Tec last year, but didn't like the slight fade bias to it in my hands. But I felt more confidence over the ball with the Ping G30 than other drivers I have tried. But I felt like the standard version of the head would feel better to me, if it didn't spin too much.

Fast forward, I bought a Ping G 9* with the Alta shaft. After playing the King LTD, this thing sounded like an aluminum bat. Hurt my ears the first trip to the range. It is not more muted than the G30 from what I can remember about the G30, it's still very loud. At any rate, I warmed up with it on the range, then was off to play a round with it. Had some really good shots with it, and some wild ones as well. Kinda like the shaft was too light, or too weak. I was missing both ways. One left, one right, then one bombed down the middle. It was really long when hit well though. But I had a feeling the shaft just wasn't for me. I had a Ping Tour 65 shaft at home that I was going to put in it, but wanted to give the Alta a 18 hole test first. I Took the driver back out the next day, and took both shafts. Played the first 6-7 holes with the Alta shaft still in it for a baseline, and still had some wild misses. On the remaining 13 holes, plus 2 extra holes, I put the Tour 65 shaft in it. After a couple of drives to get used to the different feel, I strarted striping the G down the middle, every hole. I don't think I missed a fairway with the Tour 65. And it was hitting it very long. As long or longer than other drivers I've tried, including the M1 and the LTD. It was a different driver with the Tour 65 in it for me, all the wild misses went away, and it became a bombing fairway finder. The sound is still loud, but I'll tolerate it to give myself the confidence that I had with it my second trip out with it. Hopefully I can continue the good results I had with it after the shaft change. Looks like a winner.

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

I don't think I missed a fairway with the Tour 65. And it was hitting it very long. As long or longer than other drivers I've tried, including the M1 and the LTD. It was a different driver with the Tour 65 in it for me, all the wild misses went away, and it became a bombing fairway finder. The sound is still loud, but I'll tolerate it to give myself the confidence that I had with it my second trip out with it. Hopefully I can continue the good results I had with it after the shaft change. Looks like a winner.

When I first demod the G30 on the range and course with the stock TFC it was good but wild. I nearly gave up on buying one until Ping had a local demo day and had the Tour shaft to try. It was both longer and much, much straighter with the Tour shaft. Ended up buying one because of how much difference the Tour shaft made. This year bought the new G and same thing. The Tour shaft was hands down better than the Alta.

Sometimes wonder why Ping didn't just make the Tour shaft the stock shaft. I see Some online club tests and the Pings would probably fair better if the Tour shaft was tested. Some might argue the Tour shaft is better for faster swingers. But I swing in the low 90's, short knocker, and both the Tour 65 and Tour 80 in Reg flex work great for me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING 2023 Anser 2D

Tini or non-Tini? I really liked the KK Tini 60S in my M1 430, real kick but that is a totally different head as compared to the G LS I have now. I still kept that shaft just waiting for the M2 heads to get real cheap, lol.

Sorry I forgot how many models are out there. Mine is the TiNi model. feels great and just has that kick at the bottom that I prefer. For me the biggest mistake was trying this low spin head with low spinning shafts. I battle spin but not that much. I had a Veylix Rome 688 and it was so punishing on mishits. Now when hit in the center it would roll for days. The KK TiNi is the best of all needs for me. It does not beat me up at all on bad swings. Now it still prefers the right side of the golf course. But Ill take that. I can turn it over but the snap hook seems to be a very rare thing which is just fine with me. Snappers end up OB or in the water at our course.

Thought I would add my two cents. I'm an ex D1 college player and have always battled spin. I played around with shafts and G heads and wound up with a G SF Tec digitally lofted to 10.0 with AD BB 7x tipped an inch. I played a M1 8.5 lofted to 9.5 with an AD GP 7X before but the SF Tec setup probably sacrifices 10 yards on perfect hits but it just finds fairways and consistently goes out there. My big miss is a push so that's why this setup probably works. My club head speed is 110-117 depending on how much I go after it with 110 being a nice hold off cut. Just thought I would throw out what worked for me because I never thought the SF Tec would work for me. All these heads control spin quite well with the right loft. It did take Ping a little while to pull a SF head with 10.0 degrees.

I demoed the 9* with the tour shaft a few weeks ago and liked it. The acoustics were much better than the G30 a friend had. Fast forward a few weeks and I came upon one helluva deal on a 10.5* (which I normally play) from a trusted source with the tour 65 shaft.

I took it out and gave it a good test on Tuesday. I was very inconsistent with it and the sound was very loud and obnoxious. Much louder than the 9* I tried. When I played the 9* with the Tour 65 my dispersion was really good.

I added a little hotmelt to the crown and put a Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.1X in it and hit it on the range today. Dispersion was much better, but the sound is still very loud; not quite as obnoxious as before, but still loud.

I don't get it......why was the 9* quieter and less obnoxious that the 10.5*?

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Ventus Velocore Red 7X

PXG  Gen3 3 Iron - Aldila RIP Phenom HYB 100 

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I demoed the 9* with the tour shaft a few weeks ago and liked it. The acoustics were much better than the G30 a friend had. Fast forward a few weeks and I came upon one helluva deal on a 10.5* (which I normally play) from a trusted source with the tour 65 shaft.

I took it out and gave it a good test on Tuesday. I was very inconsistent with it and the sound was very loud and obnoxious. Much louder than the 9* I tried. When I played the 9* with the Tour 65 my dispersion was really good.

I added a little hotmelt to the crown and put a Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.1X in it and hit it on the range today. Dispersion was much better, but the sound is still very loud; not quite as obnoxious as before, but still loud.

Tolerances? Not sure, but I remember hitting 2 different Bio Cell Plus drivers side by side with the same shaft. One sounded great and the other sounded like a loud tin can. Just seems like there can be a lot of variability out there sometimes.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Tolerances? Not sure, but I remember hitting 2 different Bio Cell Plus drivers side by side with the same shaft. One sounded great and the other sounded like a loud tin can. Just seems like there can be a lot of variability out there sometimes.

Plausible. I have a Bio Cell Plus that sounds like a tin can and friend has one that sounds great.

PXG Bat Attack H

Got my G LS 10.5 hot melted by Pings WRX shop and it sounds and feels amazing! Have the 65x tipped 1" but just ordered a Rougue 70x 2.8 to try and lower launch and spin a hair. Otherwise it's the best driver I've had. Blows my hot melted i25 out of the water.

TM Qi10LS Hulk PVD 70TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

I did some on-course comparisons yesterday between the G and my Titleist 915 D3 (this club has been great for me).

Distance was about the same. The G may have gone 3-5 yards longer on the best strikes.

Titleist was way more accurate. The difference is dispersion between the 2 was very noticeable. The Titleist only moved off line 5-10 yards, the G was way more than that.

When I demo'd the G the first time in 9* the dispersion was much tighter than with this 10.5* (tuned down to 9.7*). Same shaft.

PXG Bat Attack H

On the sound of this head,I have notcied that my 10.5 has a different sound with each shaft. The best,muted sound has been with the Kuro Kage TiNi. Now it is not quiet but it is different. With the Veylix Rome it was loud and harsh.

Shafts will definitely make a difference in sound. I found the Nunchuk mutes the sound a bit of every driver I have ever put it in.

TM Qi10LS Hulk PVD 70TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

I did some on-course comparisons yesterday between the G and my Titleist 915 D3 (this club has been great for me).

Distance was about the same. The G may have gone 3-5 yards longer on the best strikes.

Titleist was way more accurate. The difference is dispersion between the 2 was very noticeable. The Titleist only moved off line 5-10 yards, the G was way more than that.

When I demo'd the G the first time in 9* the dispersion was much tighter than with this 10.5* (tuned down to 9.7*). Same shaft.

I know this is a Ping thread and I am a huge Ping supporter, but I must say the Titleist 915d3 is phenomenal. Yesterday I rented a set that had a d3 in 8.5 with a regular flex diamana m shaft. Best driving round I have ever had. What's crazy is I am a twenty cap with around a 100mph swing speed. I am definitely not the target demographic for the d3.

Currently my Ping G is falling behind a callaway great big Bertha. Tempted to add the d3 to the competition.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Making the maiden voyage with the Rogue Silver 70x today in my quarter final match of my clubs match play championship. Hopefully I like it! Lol

I'm liking mine a lot (both 110 & 125 MSI). It's a shaft where you can play a controlled swing or go 100% at it and it works equally well

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I was just crushing the g 10.5 with the oban hashimoto stiff today. Love this driver. It is amazing. Never been longer.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I've been switching between a 915 D3 with tp6hde and 915 D4 with ad di 6x for a while, but I brought the G LS with ad di 6x to the course the other day to give it a go. Based on the last 2 rounds, I'll be keeping the G LS in the bag for a while.

My normal miss is a low hook. I changed my stance a bit with the G LS, and I was hitting it straight (or even fading it) distance was impressive as well. I've always thought the G30 and G30 LS are the most consistent drivers I've played, I think the G LS is even more consistent, and longer I think.

I just got a tour issue M1 460, so I'm very curious how it will stack up against the G LS.

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish