2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

The Ping website shows 207 grams as stock head weight for the L? What head weight are you needing to get 44" and D2? Getting weights off EBay?

My Ping G was WRX ordered from Ping initially at 44.5" and D2 with the Ping 360 grip.

This is my weights as measured:

Ping G head with no weight and shaft screw: 199.05 gm

Weight: 6.9 (7 gm is marked on the weight). This is the OEM weight from Ping as ordered, not an Ebay weight.

Total actual head weight is 205.95 (take it as 206 rounded up).

The stock Ping G LS 9* is 207.5, D4 and 45.75" (refer http://www.golfdiscount.com/ping-g-ls-tec-tour-driver), that is too crazy long and weighty for my liking.

Thanks for the info. I do see on Pings Website show that the Tour 65 shaft will be at 45.25. I was really confused that anyone could get D2 by cutting it down so much and already starting at a head weight of 207 grams.

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very sad sight for this year's Ping G LS driver...

http://www.ebay.com/...rwAAOSw~oFXLPAK

How the hell does someone chip a ferrule like that? At $230, its way too much considering the ferrule and a new paint job. And who knows what else is damaged.

Ssssssh. Did it fall off the back of the truck or what?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

How the hell does someone chip a ferrule like that? At $230, its way too much considering the ferrule and a new paint job. And who knows what else is damaged.

The funniest part about that ad is that there's a head cover included. Judging by the condition of the head, the cover should be in outstanding condition

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Pretty sad when the sole is in better condition than the rest of the club.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Anyone starting off with the LS Tec and going to the regular G?

I'm considering going back to the regular G.

Can I a sky why you are going back to the G?

Only one round with the LST, but some of the mishits have fallen out of the sky so I worry that it may be too low-spinning for me.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Pretty sad when the sole is in better condition than the rest of the club.

LOL, yeah, noticed that too. Loved the way he says "scratches"...yeah...look at your ferrule, that AIN'T a scratch. Thats a $100 club now at the most unless some rich fool picks it up at that price. I suspect there some shaft damage if there is a chunk out of that ferrule as well.

I think he hit it with some machine tool, doesn't look like a cart drop otherwise there will be damage all over the head.

Sad though.

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

Man, my bag wasnt strapped in and bag fell off and snapped my aldila rogue and got three really small scratches on the backside of crown. Head cover was on and even tho scrachea are really small and not visible i still get crybabys vrtime i see them. As for the rogue, called customer service and no questions asked told me to send it back and had a new one in 2 weeks. Incredible customer service

I'm sure this has been covered already but.............G30 LS vs. the new G LS......which do you prefer and why?

G. Better sound and feel, plus less fade bias in the lower loft settings.

Unfortunately, I'm playing a backup shaft in my G LS for the moment. The Rogue Silver 70x I put in it broke at the tip. I'm not totally sure if it was a defect in the shaft or a problem with the adapter, but it's a pretty huge bummer. Will Peoples was kind enough to give me a discount on a replacement (I bought the shaft from him originally), and I hope to have the new one by the end of the week. I'm going back to a G30 adapter, because I never had this problem with those adapters, and they're a lot easier to pull if you need to -- the ferrule on the new ones gets destroyed if you remove it. Fortunately, the break is in the tip section, and the Rogue 110 is supposed to be tipped for installation in a fairway, so the shaft isn't totally worthless now, but this is a big pain in the butt with a match coming up this weekend and a qualifying tournament for the state Am coming up next Tuesday.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Man, my bag wasnt strapped in and bag fell off and snapped my aldila rogue and got three really small scratches on the backside of crown. Head cover was on and even tho scrachea are really small and not visible i still get crybabys vrtime i see them. As for the rogue, called customer service and no questions asked told me to send it back and had a new one in 2 weeks. Incredible customer service

You contacted Aldila to get a replacement?

I'm sure this has been covered already but.............G30 LS vs. the new G LS......which do you prefer and why?

G hands down. Higher flight with the same amount of spin. The head just wants to go straight. Fades don't turn into massive slices like the G30 LS. I am absolutely splitting fairways with the G and getting the same distance as the G30 and none of the concern that I'm going to lose it 45 yards right.

I actually played with a guy recently who was playing a G30 LS and had me by 2 inches and 30 pounds and was putting good swings on it but hitting a cut/slice and I was blowing it by him 30 yards. He finally asked me what I was playing and I told him the new model, told him I switch because the G30 was too fade biased. You should've seen his eyes light up.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Yes

Yes

Yes

Thanks -- sent their customer service an email-- hoping for a similar result

Ya, they emailed me back after a couple of days with a number to call. They were really good. Didnt ask questions or anything. Just wanted the shaft shipped to them. Good luck

I'm really glad you posted this when you did. I got an email back with a number to call, and it sounds promising that they'll replace it under warranty. Thanks!

G hands down. Higher flight with the same amount of spin. The head just wants to go straight. Fades don't turn into massive slices like the G30 LS. I am absolutely splitting fairways with the G and getting the same distance as the G30 and none of the concern that I'm going to lose it 45 yards right.

I actually played with a guy recently who was playing a G30 LS and had me by 2 inches and 30 pounds and was putting good swings on it but hitting a cut/slice and I was blowing it by him 30 yards. He finally asked me what I was playing and I told him the new model, told him I switch because the G30 was too fade biased. You should've seen his eyes light up.

Dumped my G30 LS for the standard G and I couldn't be happier about it.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Anyone successfully remove the blue paint from the bottom of these drivers/fairways. I'm thinking it would look 10x better without the topaz blue on there.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Ohh....its so hard resisting to pick up a Elements Chrome or a Rogue for my G LS. I think the combo I have right now is perfect but tempting, tempting especially after so many on course proving..but that "ho" tendency is hard to put away especially roaming around ebay.

Funny, I think I drive it better now that I moved on my G LS 10.5 driver and focusing on the 9.

Hey Osprey - you need to pick up a G 9* LS and try it yourself, especially seeing you are enamored with the M2 :pimp:

Ohh....its so hard resisting to pick up a Elements Chrome or a Rogue for my G LS.

Quite a few have said the Ping tour 65 shaft is very similar to Elements Chrome with Ping asking for a similar profile from UST. I've never played an EC to know but quite a few comments on those lines here over the years

Ohh....its so hard resisting to pick up a Elements Chrome or a Rogue for my G LS. I think the combo I have right now is perfect but tempting, tempting especially after so many on course proving..but that "ho" tendency is hard to put away especially roaming around ebay.

Funny, I think I drive it better now that I moved on my G LS 10.5 driver and focusing on the 9.

Hey Osprey - you need to pick up a G 9* LS and try it yourself, especially seeing you are enamored with the M2 :pimp:

No I haven't got my hands on one yet. I am trying to get the M2 dialed in, but haven't found "the shaft" yet. May have to stop this experiment and just get the driver I know works for me OTR.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Only one round with the LST, but some of the mishits have fallen out of the sky so I worry that it may be too low-spinning for me.

I am seeing the same thing on mishits. The ball seems to fall out of the sky to quickly. On good hits I am longer than ever with this head but I wonder if I should not try a regular G version.

Are you guys who don't like the fade bias on the G30 LS slicing it? Or just fading it? I have a Kiyoshi Purple in mine and it just goes dead straight with an occasional baby cut, which I love. I can see if you're slicing it to change, but a baby cut is by far the most playable shot shape. May take 10 yards off but in play and still longer than most is great to me.

Side note: I played the Ping "Tour" shaft in it at first and was hitting it horrendously. Since I've put the Kiyoshi in it, it's been unreal. I will never go back to a "stock" shaft again in any driver. They never work for me.

Ping G430 Max 10K

Callaway UW 17 w/Hzrdus Black Gen 4 6.5

TaylorMade Rescue 11 19 degree X flex
Callaway AI Smoke 5-AW, Nippon Modus 120X
Callaway Raw Face Chrome, 52/58, Nippon Modus 125 wedge
LA Golf Malibu Arm Lock

2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X

Standard G as in NOT G LS? I had the G30 LS and it was too fade biased for me.

How does the standard G compare to the G30 LS? Spin not too much higher? I hear that the standard G is not very high spinning.

Anyone got this?

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Standard G as in NOT G LS? I had the G30 LS and it was too fade biased for me.

How does the standard G compare to the G30 LS? Spin not too much higher? I hear that the standard G is not very high spinning.

Anyone got this?

I was getting sub-2000 spin with the standard G. The standard G is not high spinning by any means.

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I was 2300with the g-LS and 2500 with the standard G. I got the same distance with both on good swings and about 20 more yards with the standard G on poor swings.

Interesting about the forgiveness of the standard G.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I was 2300with the g-LS and 2500 with the standard G. I got the same distance with both on good swings and about 20 more yards with the standard G on poor swings.

Which shaft did you end up going with?

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link