PXG Tour Players and their contracts

vegas005

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine said he heard on Golf Channel the the new PXG tour players are not paid to pay the equipment but are on a bonus scheme. Additionally, they have to pay for their equipment. I find this hard to believe ... does anybody out there have the real info...?

Thanks

Pay for their own equipment? No way, no way at all! PXG has their little tour van on the go now that they have a proper tour presence. Are the guys on the truck carrying out their work and then asking the player to stump up before they get their clubs? No way at all.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

A friend of mine said he heard on Golf Channel the the new PXG tour players are not paid to pay the equipment but are on a bonus scheme. Additionally, they have to pay for their equipment. I find this hard to believe ... does anybody out there have the real info...?

Thanks

Pay for their own equipment? No way, no way at all! PXG has their little tour van on the go now that they have a proper tour presence. Are the guys on the truck carrying out their work and then asking the player to stump up before they get their clubs? No way at all.

Agree with this but I'm looking for some facts including any contract info...

Thanks

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there to be fair. This far I don't think I have heard anything credible with regard to how much the staff guys are being paid (whether it's a fixed amount of incentive based) or how long they have signed up for. I do remember reading a story that the guy Parsons behind this bought a golf club and began charging members a $100 service charge every time they teed it up and placed a limit of the number of rounds members could play before they brought in a paying guest to play with them. Crazy! So perhaps the contracts are just as out there.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Incentive- based contractual clauses are included for certain PXG players, there still is a base endorsement amount. Regarding having to pay for equipment or contracts solely based on performance incentive, not factual.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Thanks

There doesn't seem to be a lot out there to be fair. This far I don't think I have heard anything credible with regard to how much the staff guys are being paid (whether it's a fixed amount of incentive based) or how long they have signed up for. I do remember reading a story that the guy Parsons behind this bought a golf club and began charging members a $100 service charge every time they teed it up and placed a limit of the number of rounds members could play before they brought in a paying guest to play with them. Crazy! So perhaps the contracts are just as out there.

The story behind this is spelled out in the following link. I would have taken him up on the refund of the initiation fee.

http://abcnews.go.co...ng-pxg-36075822

...and here, in his own words.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/arizonaeconomy/articles/20140130godaddy-founder-bob-parsons-shakes-up-scottsdale-golf-club.html

Thanks

Maybe they have incentive only contracts but I kind of doubt it. But there is no way the pros are paying for their clubs PXG. There is too much easy money from the other club companies for one of them to do that. The clubs have gotten good reviews but not that good.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

They should have went with "LOL" instead of "PXG"...

When the clubs first dropped I was very very interested in trying them out, but now at this point I have been totally turned off and lost interest. This guy is a jabroni

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

When the clubs first dropped I was very very interested in trying them out, but now at this point I have been totally turned off and lost interest. This guy is a jabroni

Was thinking more along the lines of a schlong...

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

PXG = Ping X-Guys :pimp:

He is definitely different and eccentric to say the least. Then again, he has the wealth to do pretty much whatever he wants. That doesn't mean anyone will follow. I find it hard to believe many will pay the kinds of prices he is asking for his equipment. Can it really be THAT much better than anything else on the market given it costs nearly three times what anything else on the market costs?

Thanks

The story behind this is spelled out in the following link. I would have taken him up on the refund of the initiation fee.

http://abcnews.go.co...ng-pxg-36075822

...and here, in his own words.

http://www.azcentral...-golf-club.html

I like how the second article describes him as "brash". It's nice that the English language has polite words to describe someone as who appears to be as arrogant as he comes across in the rest of the article.

Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Three things in the second article stood out to me.

1. He considers himself Santa Claus in the "saving" of the club. He stated "nobody was asked to leave" after his purchase. He doesn't mention his new policies were designed to force resignations.

2. He told members and club founders they "did't make enough money to stay in a highly exclusive club". Hell of a statement to folks who paid $110k in initiation fees.

3. He states "I understand that many of our members will not like the above policy particularly those who play the course the most and spent the least". Isn't part of the draw of private club membership that is gives you the best bang for your buck?

The article reads like someone out of touch with reality!

"There are 6.5 million avid golfers in the country, and 4.1 million of the have a household income in excess of $125,000 a year"

As a marketing person, I have to say that statement from the ABC link cannot possibly be true, unless they're talking about household income and including spouses and children or something.

Even if it's true on some contrived level, I'd further say that $125,000 in household income doesnt make a $5000 investment in golf clubs a no brainer, lol. This company has exceedingly deep pockets and is likely just a hobby, but its business model sure seems to be a joke.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

"There are 6.5 million avid golfers in the country, and 4.1 million of the have a household income in excess of $125,000 a year"

As a marketing person, I have to say that statement cannot possibly be true, u less they're talking about household income and including spouse's and children.

Yes. That is what they're talking about. "Household" would include spouses and other independent residents.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

As a marketing person, I have to say that statement cannot possibly be true, u less they're talking about household income and including spouse's and children.

Yes. That is what they're talking about. "Household" would include spouses and other independent residents.

Lol, didn't read my own quote did I! That said, that number doesn't mean much...in fact it's almost meaningless. $125k in household is a very far cry from wealthy, and the majority of the 4.1 is likely not controlling the household's discretionary spending. Silly statistic really.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

Lol, didn't read my own quote did I! That said, that number doesn't mean much...in fact it's almost meaningless. $125k in household is a very far cry from wealthy, and the majority of the 4.1 is likely not controlling the household's discretionary spending. Silly statistic really.

College, schmollege... daddy needs new PXG irons!

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

There is no way a professional golfer will take less money to make a change voluntarily. Parsons can wordsmith it and spin however but, for instance, no way Zach Johnson took less money from PXG than he was getting from Titleist. Maybe they put it under bonus, or stock options, or longer term, or more money on the back end of the deal, but it ends up being more. There is just no way a guy who just won a major would make that switch, away from clubs he had played forever, without getting additional compensation.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

College, schmollege... daddy needs new PXG irons!

I would bet 90% of households that take in $125,000 are NOT ok with spending $5000 on golf clubs...

That is a gross misstep on their part. But again, this is a privately owned company backed by a ridiculous bank account so we will never know if they are actually making money. Parsons is probably just fine with breaking even and having a good time owning a golf club company, who knows.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

If I spent five grand on a set of clubs, forget divorce. My wife would either kill me or have me commited.

I'd DVR that Dateline. Hopefully you get Keith Morrison.

This is the best Keith Morrison dateline:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/dateline/n13296

-Christosterone

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

Three things in the second article stood out to me.

1. He considers himself Santa Claus in the "saving" of the club. He stated "nobody was asked to leave" after his purchase. He doesn't mention his new policies were designed to force resignations.

2. He told members and club founders they "did't make enough money to stay in a highly exclusive club". Hell of a statement to folks who paid $110k in initiation fees.

3. He states "I understand that many of our members will not like the above policy particularly those who play the course the most and spent the least". Isn't part of the draw of private club membership that is gives you the best bang for your buck?

The article reads like someone out of touch with reality!

It reads like an arrogant jerkoff. The more I find out about Parsons himself the less likely I would be to ever buy the clubs or support this guy's company. The best thing for PXG as a company would be for this guy to just keep his mouth shut and be invisible, but I'm sure his continent sized ego would never allow that. This company is nothing more than a giant ego stroke for this blowhard. I tried to give them a chance but Parsons is SO unlikable it's impossible going forward.

As for the contracts from what i understand they incentives are for things like number of wins, major victories, etc....every staffer is paid a set amount in addition to the bonus'. And NO, they don't pay for their clubs. That part is laughable.

Thanks

You've come to the wrong place if you want facts.