2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Official WRX Gear Trials Event Thread: Results are in and Data live- Page 27

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe beard = SS....

Truth

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Dang, looks like I needed to wait a few more days before selling my King LTD. Cobra is going to be selling a few of these based on the early exit polls.

Why did you sell it? What are you hitting better?

After seeing the performance I can get out of it I am super close to getting one since I already have an M1

Love the look, feel and consistency, but was higher spin that my Fly Z+. I think it's because I'm comparing the non-Pro model to the Z+. I want to get the Pro version and go head to head with the Fly Z+ because I think it will win.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

I'm not looking to change my driver but am really interested in the fitting process and subsequent findings. I don't know that my body would survive the Gear Trials.

I'm looking forward to: the final write up from each member (the reflections have been enlightening thus far); seeing if anyone drops their current 'gamer' for the winner of their gear trials; sifting through the data when it's provided.

I've enjoyed following along. Thank you to team for all of the photographs and the participants for their efforts (especially those who travelled long distances). It appears that many of the previous constructive criticisms were taken into account when organizing the event. Still would love to see some Wishon offerings in the mix, but I know that presents challenges.

Cheers,

Mike

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I've been saying for two years now that Cobra is making the best drivers in golf in terms of pushing the limits of CG/MOI. Glad all you testers are finding the same!

My coach said the same thing to me. I was like nah... But from the looks of it seems like it should be at top

I think you'd be doing yourself a serious disservice if you didn't try it out.

Yep - getting a lot of love. How is feel and sound?

Feeling was the best of the bunch for me. Soft, yet solid is an odd way to describe it, but that's what I'm going with. Sound was like a muted thwack. If you like the sounds of TM and Ping drivers, you probably won't like this, not nearly as high pitched.

A question for any one of you guys that got fit. How was the experience compared to any other fittings you have had? I'm planning on a fitting and live close to either Miles of Golf or Carls Launchpad. Would you recommend?

I've been fit at a Club Champion before, and this was very similar to that. They watch you swing with what you have and figure out your weaknesses and then try and minimize them. My miss is usually left, so any draw bias or upright head wasn't even considered for me. That narrows the selection down considerably, so I probably didn't swing quite as many as some others. Would I suggest a fitting? Without question. If you live close to there and are fitting yourself through trial and error, you're wasting a TON of money. Having a place like that so close is a big, big advantage, you should use it.'

Swiz hit the nail though with his post here.

Anyone have problems getting enough height on the cobra? Did fitters address this

LULZ...no. I don't have all my numbers back yet, but I was seeing launches of 14ish degrees with apex heights of like 130-140 feet with the LTD Pro so I wasn't having any troubles getting it in the air. It all depends on your swing though, specifically attack angle. I'm somewhere around +5 degrees or so, not because I try, but because of how my setup is. I play a 44" driver, and line the ball up on my left foot, like about everyone else. I don't have a choice but to swing up on the ball when you think about it.

I'm through the first 5 pages of this thread, but I gotta run. Stayed up with ladahl and BruinsPATS shutting the lobby bar (lobby bar, right by the lobby) down last night. Woke up early this morning and made the 5ish hour drive back home. Wife and girls (I have three daughters) were happy to see me so spent some time with them. Now I gotta get all packed up since I'm starting a new job tomorrow and have to drive to Milwaukee area tonight yet. Busy, busy past few days, but I wouldn't change any of it for anything. Maybe that $1.5B lottery or whatever it was, but that's about it. I'll start at the top of page 6 either later tonight during the game or tomorrow night and answer as much as I can and give some more feedback while things are still pretty fresh.

Dinner rocked. No joke, we were totally in the hood of Detroit, but the place was AMAZING. Jam packed and I don't have any questions as to why. Richard and the gang are so much fun to hang out with. All the members here were like friends and the WRX staff as well. Like Richard said, during dinner it was like we had all known each other for years. Such a good time.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

Nice that you not only had that experience but could attach some user names to some faces and get to know one another personally. :-)

You would be amazed Sean. Larrybud is NOTHING like his avatar. (Awesome guy BTW - but everyone there was)

All of the GolfWrx guys were incredible. They TRULY love the game and all things golf. I have a better understanding of just what this place is all about now having met the people behind it. True gentlemen one and all - and this website is solidly founded on a love for all things golf.

We were in the presence of a true American hero although he would roll his eyes and deny it. He is retiring this summer after serving this great nation for 25 years. Louis was just a fun person to be around.

Would be really hard to tell all of the masses here what it was like putting faces to names. Each and every member who attended was just awesome to be around - 15 people who love and respect the game. It was from this simple foundation that we all shook hands and got to know each other a bit. The "cake" was just having been selected for such an honor, being able to swing the "latest and greatest", see my numbers and learn more about my swing than I ever could have imagined knowing, and spending an entire day hitting golf balls. But the "icing" that made the whole experience, at least for me, much sweeter was being able to meet Richard, Zak, Rob, Andrew, and Aaron along with my fellow selectees. In the end measure of things I learned more about my game, about the real meaning of this website and the people behind it., and about some of the members. And I can't end this post without mentioning that I learned that Srixon is the "real deal" and should darned sure be on the radar of more members around here - once our full results come out if any members out there see my numbers and video(s) and can relate the Z should be on your sampler platter.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone at WRX and MOG. This event was seriously amazing, and it was evident that a lot of time and effort was put into planning this. I had a blast getting to know everyone and just watching all these guys blast drivers was a WRXers dream come true.

I was in Group C and our fitter was Shawn. I've been fit more than my fair share of times, and Shawn had the most extensive knowledge of any fitter I've seen. He was throwing out terms I've never even heard before, and it was clear he knew his stuff.

When I hit my gamer (Titleist 915 D3 8.5* w/ Fuji Pro TS 73x), he didn't think we could beat it. I believe Shawn put it best when he said, "When guys like you come in for a driver fitting, I just try to sell them new irons." Along with my gamer, my finalists were the Nike Flex, TaylorMade M1, and Cobra King LTD Pro.

Nike Flex w/ Fuji Speeder 757x

When my group initially tested the Nike, I had an experience similar to bruinsPATSirish. I felt the Nike Flex had a distinct feel to it; I would describe it as hitting a wooden bat. In the first round, I couldn't miss with the thing. On center strikes, the ball just exploded off the face. I even hit a couple off the heel that held their line pretty well; they just got a little spinny. However, in the shootout round and once the fatigue had set in a bit, the misses started to get punished a lot more. I was losing balls wayyy right, and it was eliminated pretty early. From a looks standpoint, I actually liked the black and blue crown a lot.

Titleist 915 D3 w/ Fuji Pro TS 73x

This was my gamer coming in to the event. I was fit for it in the summer at Cool Clubs in Georgia, and I haven't had any issues with it. Shawn didn't think we would be able to find anything to beat it. I was hitting it straight and the dispersion was awesome. However, as you guys will see once everything is posted, the ball speeds just didn't compare with the M1 or LTD Pro. Great dispersion, just lacking in the distance department for me.

TaylorMade M1 w/ AD DI 7x

In the first round with this club, I thought we had found the one. Looking own at this thing, it looks great behind the ball. I was going after it with full confidence, and it performed like a beast. The feel was firmer than some of the other clubs for me; I would describe it as a very solid feel. In the shootout, the M1 performed great still. Once I was fatigued, the misses were just a touch worse for me compared to the King LTD. From a numbers point, the M1 and LTD Pro were neck and neck. Dispersion was just a shade worse for the M1.

Cobra King LTD Pro w/ AD DI 7x

WE HAVE OUR WINNER! In the initial testing, I hit this after the M1. I thought I had a winner with the M1, but the LTD Pro was a beast in its own right. The black club head looks amazing, and I thought it felt softer than the M1. The sound was very muted, much different than my current 915 D3. In the final shootout, this is where the LTD Pro stood out. My misses were still very much in play, and my center strikes were every bit as long as the M1. I felt like I could go after this thing as hard as I could and still know that I was going to keep the ball in play. The numbers were scary good with this thing…I believe I picked up 5 mph in ball speed versus my 915 D3.

After all was said and done, Shawn did an amazing job for all of us putting us in the right club head/shaft/setting. This whole thing was truly amazing, and I can't wait for the final article about it all. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away and I'll answer as best I can.

One other thing I learned about my swing.

All this time I thought that "Smash Factor" was the potential that my wife might use a frying pan on my head if she saw another golf-related package on the front porch. Turns out it's much more. And while mine was apparently pretty good I wasn't getting enough spin to go along with it. This translated into a loss of distance simply because my ball wasn't in the air long enough.

The fix?

Increase the loft.

Brian dialed me in at 12 to 12.5 and my smash factor stayed consistent but my spin, carry, and overall numbers all went up. Which was also in direct relation to the amount of noise I was making screaming in joy in seeing such amazing improvements.

There's a take-home message on this one. There is NO way I could have possibly gained all of this knowledge about my swing without being fitted in the manner we were. Zero chance. Even those out there who are getting good results might be leaving better results unfound simply because "you don't know what you don't know".

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Let me start by saying thank you to everyone at WRX and MOG. This event was seriously amazing, and it was evident that a lot of time and effort was put into planning this. I had a blast getting to know everyone and just watching all these guys blast drivers was a WRXers dream come true.

I was in Group C and our fitter was Shawn. I've been fit more than my fair share of times, and Shawn had the most extensive knowledge of any fitter I've seen. He was throwing out terms I've never even heard before, and it was clear he knew his stuff.

When I hit my gamer (Titleist 915 D3 8.5* w/ Fuji Pro TS 73x), he didn't think we could beat it. I believe Shawn put it best when he said, "When guys like you come in for a driver fitting, I just try to sell them new irons." Along with my gamer, my finalists were the Nike Flex, TaylorMade M1, and Cobra King LTD Pro.

When my group initially tested the Nike, I had an experience similar to bruinsPATSirish. I felt the Nike Flex had a distinct feel to it; I would describe it as hitting a wooden bat. In the first round, I couldn't miss with the thing. On center strikes, the ball just exploded off the face. I even hit a couple off the heel that held their line pretty well; they just got a little spinny. However, in the shootout round and once the fatigue had set in a bit, the misses started to get punished a lot more. I was losing balls wayyy right, and it was eliminated pretty early. From a looks standpoint, I actually liked the black and blue crown a lot.

This was my gamer coming in to the event. I was fit for it in the summer at Cool Clubs in Georgia, and I haven't had any issues with it. Shawn didn't think we would be able to find anything to beat it. I was hitting it straight and the dispersion was awesome. However, as you guys will see once everything is posted, the ball speeds just didn't compare with the M1 or LTD Pro. Great dispersion, just lacking in the distance department for me.

In the first round with this club, I thought we had found the one. Looking own at this thing, it looks great behind the ball. I was going after it with full confidence, and it performed like a beast. The feel was firmer than some of the other clubs for me; I would describe it as a very solid feel. In the shootout, the M1 performed great still. Once I was fatigued, the misses were just a touch worse for me compared to the King LTD. From a numbers point, the M1 and LTD Pro were neck and neck. Dispersion was just a shade worse for the M1.

WE HAVE OUR WINNER! In the initial testing, I hit this after the M1. I thought I had a winner with the M1, but the LTD Pro was a beast in its own right. The black club head looks amazing, and I thought it felt softer than the M1. The sound was very muted, much different than my current 915 D3. In the final shootout, this is where the LTD Pro stood out. My misses were still very much in play, and my center strikes were every bit as long as the M1. I felt like I could go after this thing as hard as I could and still know that I was going to keep the ball in play. The numbers were scary good with this thing…I believe I picked up 5 mph in ball speed versus my 915 D3.

After all was said and done, Shawn did an amazing job for all of us putting us in the right club head/shaft/setting. This whole thing was truly amazing, and I can't wait for the final article about it all. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask away and I'll answer as best I can.

Sound and feel comparison between flex and ltd? Last year's flex is my absolute favorite for sound and feel.

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

Sound and feel comparison between flex and ltd? Last year's flex is my absolute favorite for sound and feel.

It's always hard to really illustrate sound and feel. I would say that the Flex was like a wooden bat. Think of a "thwack". The LTD Pro was softer, yet still solid. Think "thud" sound. I hope that makes sense. The Flex was definitely the firmest of the bunch for me, very unique but i actually liked it.

^nicely done^

Here's a very sloppy collection of some of my random pics from yesterday -So many little things I've noticed in the background (gear and people) that I didn't even see originally.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

It's crazy how different our swings are, yet with some tweaks and adjustments we can effectively max out the same setups! Really speaks to the versatility of the drivers this year

I'm still shaking my head at the Flex in the Shootout... We thought she was going to be the winner

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]

It's crazy how different our swings are, yet with some tweaks and adjustments we can effectively max out the same setups! Really speaks to the versatility of the drivers this year

I'm still shaking my head at the Flex in the Shootout... We thought she was going to be the winner

Me and you both! The Flex was crazy good for us in the second round...the forgiveness just isn't there with it.

"Dude, your attack angle is higher than my launch angle"

Still cracking up about that one lmao

I'm anxious to see how you guys think the PXG driver stacks up against the industry leaders.

As we are deep into the third round, PXG has made it to the top of the list of exactly.... No one.

Looks good, feels great, tight patterns..... SLOW ball speeds.

Yeah it's crap.

It's efficient for slower swing speeds. Definitely a fairway finder if you're into that sort of thing ;)

Me and you both! The Flex was crazy good for us in the second round...the forgiveness just isn't there with it.

"Dude, your attack angle is higher than my launch angle"

Still cracking up about that one lmao

You're a savage swinger! Rory Jr.

I'm anxious to see how you guys think the PXG driver stacks up against the industry leaders.

As we are deep into the third round, PXG has made it to the top of the list of exactly.... No one.

Yeah it's crap.

It's efficient for slower swing speeds. Definitely a fairway finder if you're into that sort of thing ;)

Correct. One guy in my group (under 100mph) got fit into PXG, but he was the only one that even had it in their final three.

Sure feels good, looks good, goes straight.... But is slow and spinny.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Yeah it's crap.

Correct. One guy in my group (under 100mph) got fit into PXG, but he was the only one that even had it in their final three.

Sure feels good, looks good, goes straight.... But is slow and spinny.

Agreed, I was atleast 20 yards shorter with it. Felt good and looks nice though

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

How were the new Nike clubs? Specifically the Flex?

I got great numbers with the Flex last year, but forgiveness wasn't there over the long haul. 2016 line looks very ho-hum, anything eye opening that you guys saw?

Thanks!

A couple of the higher swing speed guys were beating it pretty good, but same thing you observed last year--misses are punished a lot. I think one guy had it in his top 4, but that's about it.

I'm probably way off in this, but is there any chance that Nike knew Tiger would be out for a good portion of 2016 and they are waiting to release something really good when he emerges again to ride his hype?

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

How were the new Nike clubs? Specifically the Flex?

I got great numbers with the Flex last year, but forgiveness wasn't there over the long haul. 2016 line looks very ho-hum, anything eye opening that you guys saw?

Thanks!

A couple of the higher swing speed guys were beating it pretty good, but same thing you observed last year--misses are punished a lot. I think one guy had it in his top 4, but that's about it.

I'm probably way off in this, but is there any chance that Nike knew Tiger would be out for a good portion of 2016 and they are waiting to release something really good when he emerges again to ride his hype?

No chance

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Will there be a recap of the final specs along with swing speed and handicap? That would be awesome.

I believe there will be a front page write up coming in the next couple weeks that will have a ton of info in it.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

Will there be a recap of the final specs along with swing speed and handicap? That would be awesome.

I believe there will be a front page write up coming in the next couple weeks that will have a ton of info in it.

Correct. Full Trackman data and everything in between

Ok guys, had a chance to cool down and have some time to think about everything that went down this best weekend of my Golf experience throughout life.

I havea low AoA and required 10.5* and higher for the optimal numbers, my gamer is a Callaway RFX with Diamana WB D+ 72 X Flex at 44", here are the drivers that worked best for me with a small review, I will expand a bit later...

My top 3 drivers were:

Ping G LS 10.5*, with AD-DI 7X 44.5"

Callaway XR16 Pro 10.5*, with AD-DI 7X 44.5"

Taylormade M1 460 12* with Diamana WB 70x 44.5"

The Ping was very easy to hit, I was able to maintain smash at 1.51 the entire session, averaged 106 SS nice baby cut with 267 carry and 289 total, spin was at 2200 to 2300 on average, very accurate with tight dispersion, felt very solid with a nice thud at impact.

Callaway XR16 Pro allowed me to gain some swing speed to average of 108, the numbers went up, but accuracy/dispersion took a bit of a hit, I'm a Callaway guy and really wanted to like this driver, which I did, but the numbers in terms of accuracy were off a bit, felt really good, loooong, averaged 270 carry and 291 total, smash was the same at 1.51 and spin average of 2300s, love the AD-DI on it.

The M1 was the best of the 3, smash was the same, SS was down 106, felt a bit heavier but very solid overall, was about the same distance of the XR16 but the dispersion was the best of the bunch, Shawn was able to move the weights around to promote the high fade and lower the spin which really worked great for me, the shaft was very stable (is my gamer as well so I felt very comfortable with it), loved the looks of it and the solid muted feel...

Head to head showdown:

RFX vs M1--the M1 averaged 5 yards longer and prevented my miss to go way out to the left, which was the issue with the others, when hit properly they were very nice, the misshits were pulls left, with the M1 they still went left but not as pronounced, my gamer was very accurate as well almost identical overall numbers with the difference in the longer 5 yards from the M1, so Shawn recommended to still play my driver and if I wanted to improve my miss I could get the M1, but looking at the numbers he said that my gamer was the best fit...

I had such an amazing time at the trials, all my new brothers from the WRX are simply amazing, the WRX Staff (Richard, Aaron, Zak, Rob and the rest of the guys at the shop) are top notch professionals, the fitters at MOG know their stuff, hands down the best...I felt like I was hangings out with family, I mean really, where do you go and Golf is the common theme, we are all Golf geeks and down to earth, really nice guys..I was in C group, but I tell you those guys are studs...very nice swings, I was in awe, I have had many Golf experiences (caddy at all levels) but this one was hands down the best ever...sorry for the long post but I was so overwhelmed by the comradery and brotherhood that this does the trials no justice, a simple thank you to Richard and his crew is never going to be enough to express the experience that they offered, thank you times a million, take care and may God bless you all...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Ok guys, had a chance to cool down and have some time to think about everything that went down this best weekend of my Golf experience throughout life.

I havea low AoA and required 10.5* and higher for the optimal numbers, my gamer is a Callaway RFX with Diamana WB D+ 72 X Flex at 44", here are the drivers that worked best for me with a small review, I will expand a bit later...

My top 3 drivers were:

The Ping was very easy to hit, I was able to maintain smash at 1.51 the entire session, averaged 106 SS nice baby cut with 267 carry and 289 total, spin was at 2200 to 2300 on average, very accurate with tight dispersion, felt very solid with a nice thud at impact.

Callaway XR16 Pro allowed me to gain some swing speed to average of 108, the numbers went up, but accuracy/dispersion took a bit of a hit, I'm a Callaway guy and really wanted to like this driver, which I did, but the numbers in terms of accuracy were off a bit, felt really good, loooong, averaged 270 carry and 291 total, smash was the same at 1.51 and spin average of 2300s, love the AD-DI on it.

The M1 was the best of the 3, smash was the same, SS was down 106, felt a bit heavier but very solid overall, was about the same distance of the XR16 but the dispersion was the best of the bunch, Shawn was able to move the weights around to promote the high fade and lower the spin which really worked great for me, the shaft was very stable (is my gamer as well so I felt very comfortable with it), loved the looks of it and the solid muted feel...

Head to head showdown:

RFX vs M1--the M1 averaged 5 yards longer and prevented my miss to go way out to the left, which was the issue with the others, when hit properly they were very nice, the misshits were pulls left, with the M1 they still went left but not as pronounced, my gamer was very accurate as well almost identical overall numbers with the difference in the longer 5 yards from the M1, so Shawn recommended to still play my driver and if I wanted to improve my miss I could get the M1, but looking at the numbers he said that my gamer was the best fit...

I had such an amazing time at the trials, all my new brothers from the WRX are simply amazing, the WRX Staff (Richard, Aaron, Zak, Rob and the rest of the guys at the shop) are top notch professionals, the fitters at MOG know their stuff, hands down the best...I felt like I was hangings out with family, I mean really, where do you go and Golf is the common theme, we are all Golf geeks and down to earth, really nice guys..I was in C group, but I tell you those guys are studs...very nice swings, I was in awe, I have had many Golf experiences (caddy at all levels) but this one was hands down the best ever...sorry for the long post but I was so overwhelmed by the comradery and brotherhood that this does the trials no justice, a simple thank you to Richard and his crew is never going to be enough to express the experience that they offered, thank you times a million, take care and may God bless you all...

Did your wife take over your man cave by time you made it home?

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217 

The good old DI-7X seems to fit a lot of players. I have to admit I only discovered Graphite Design when Tiger started using one. You can call it overhyped, but it has to be one of the most popular shafts on Tour the last 5-7 years.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Correct. Full Trackman data and everything in between

Link me to your final specs. On my phone right now.... Thanks

This won't be ready for a couple weeks. The amount of data to process is insane. I heard a conversation between the WRX and Miles of Golf staff regarding this and they may as well have been speaking some foreigner language because it was way to complicated for me to comprehend. All I heard was Two Hearted Ale at the end of it. I have selective hearing.

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217 

My top 3 drivers were:

Head to head showdown:

Did your wife take over your man cave by time you made it home?

Bro you have no idea, there were blankets and pillows down there, then today she came down to watch TV and she saw me, the she said "oh I wanted to watch something", but she went back upstairs, but I almost lost my man cave...lol

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1