2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Official WRX Gear Trials Event Thread: Results are in and Data live- Page 27

Just got done with my final and the LTD Pro won out for me and it wasn't close.

WRX went the extra mile and got us our current shafts so we could hit them in the best heads for us to see if the shaft we had was a good fit.

My finals were LTD Pro with Tour Green 65X, Titleist D3 w/ Diamana D+ 80S, and 816DBD with Diamana D+ 70X.

LTD Pro was the winner, but then I got a chance to hit it with an Agera. Game, set, match. He said I could use a bit of a stiffer shaft, but it was consistently longer and most importantly for me, straighter than everything else. Smash was always 1.48+ with the LTD Agera combo. Speed was down towards the end from fatigue, but everything about it felt right.

EDIT: I think the lengths of the LTD Tour Green was 44.75, Titleist was 44.0 and the Callaway was 45.0. I had to choke down on the Callaway and Cobra a bit, but my final LTD Pro and Agera was 44.0 I think and that's what won out.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got done with my final and the LTD Pro won out for me and it wasn't close.

WRX went the extra mile and got us our current shafts so we could hit them in the best heads for us to see if the shaft we had was a good fit.

My finals were LTD Pro with Tour Green 65X, Titleist D3 w/ Diamana D+ 80S, and 816DBD with Diamana D+ 70X.

LTD Pro was the winner, but then I got a chance to hit it with an Agera. Game, set, match. He said I could use a bit of a stiffer shaft, but it was consistently longer and most importantly for me, straighter than everything else. Smash was always 1.48+ with the LTD Agera combo. Speed was down towards the end from fatigue, but everything about it felt right.

BOOM!! Great job Mike!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

We have a winner for me.

Srixon 355 with Kuro Kage 60 in 44 inches.

My gamer, when lofted up, gained 20 yards. But the 355 felt solid on every shot, didn't punish mishits, and was really tight dispersion. Brian, our A Group fitter here at Miles of Golf was incredible. Patient, professional, and knows his stuff.

This has been such an incredible experience!

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Sounds like a fun time. Anyone else not able to beat their gamer?

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

We have a winner for me.

Srixon 355 with Kuro Kage 60 in 44 inches.

My gamer, when lofted up, gained 20 yards. But the 355 felt solid on every shot, didn't punish mishits, and was really tight dispersion. Brian, our A Group fitter here at Miles of Golf was incredible. Patient, professional, and knows his stuff.

This has been such an incredible experience!

Great report!! Awesome getting results like that!! Congrats!!

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

How were the new Nike clubs? Specifically the Flex?

I got great numbers with the Flex last year, but forgiveness wasn't there over the long haul. 2016 line looks very ho-hum, anything eye opening that you guys saw?

Thanks!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I got great numbers with the Flex last year, but forgiveness wasn't there over the long haul. 2016 line looks very ho-hum, anything eye opening that you guys saw?

Thanks!

A couple of the higher swing speed guys were beating it pretty good, but same thing you observed last year--misses are punished a lot. I think one guy had it in his top 4, but that's about it.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Did the fitters just hand off the club's? Or did they give you a description too before hitting? Ie. This is the 10.5 loft, right setting, Fuji 757 x flex.

My groups fitter Sean was unreal. Not only was he explaining why he was setting us up with what, he was also going into the actual reasons and numbers too. I know more with my swing numbers and club numbers then I could imagine.

Very cool

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

My finals came down to the Nike Flex, Cobra LTD Pro, 915 D3, and M1. The Flex was very firm feeling, like hitting a wooden bat. The M1 had a very unique feel too, firm all across the face. In the end, my winner was the Cobra LTD Pro w/ AD DI 7x shaft. High launch, lowwwwwww spin. These guys at Miles are amazing

Thanks!

Same thing here with the Flex. In the first time around with it I had some crazy good numbers and it was in my final group (I will follow with a full write up) but the second time around in my shootout my misses were bad, 20 yards and left and right. No Bueno

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]

Thanks!

A couple of the higher swing speed guys were beating it pretty good, but same thing you observed last year--misses are punished a lot. I think one guy had it in his top 4, but that's about it.

Stinks. I was really hoping for good things from the flex. Sounded like they made good changes.

Was the M2 a better performer for most than the M1?

Cobra is stepping up their game with the LTD and the F6+. Anxious to see what you all say about those two drivers.

In hitting the LTD myself and watching others it seems to be the lowest spinning of the bunch across the group, very soft M1 or Nike Flex feel to it too

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Hands down the best experience ever, thank you to the GolfWRX crew and the Miles of golf fitters and staff...made us feel like family, can't wait to see the results of the other guys, my gamer ended up being the best fit with the M1 460 a very close second...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

So.... Final three for me; Ping G LS - DI6, Cobra F6 - HZDRS Black, and Callaway XR16 - DI6.... All competing against my gamer which is REALLY GOOD, G30LS-DI6.

After a heavy battle the winner was clear as mud!

XR16 was knocked out early.

F6 started to show itself as a strong THIRD PLACE.

The two Pings began to battle it out!

After a couple hundred balls, a 5:30am wake up call, an AMAZING time with Miles staff , WRX staff and 14 outstanding WRX'ers.... The G LS BARELY inched out G30 LS!!!

It literally came down to .5 yard of carry, 4 yards of roll out, a couple hundred RPM less spin, touch higher smash, a slightly tighter pattern and that G LS LOOKED and FELT MUCH BETTER!!

THANK YOU for an AMAZING DAY!!!

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Lots of great things learned today!!

I've been playing a shaft that has always "felt" really good but unfortunately has caused under performance because it was just too soft for my golf swing and transition. That caused either unbelievable results of very poor results and larger misses than I what others would offer. It was feast or famine today with my

Upgrading to a shaft that I already have (but not with me today: HZRDUS yellow 62g ) in my current Mizuno JPX850 would make it a great performer. ( which is something I've played before but was always afraid that it was too much for me)

Biggest surprise to me was the performance of the Wilson. Honestly I would have never considered it but it was a very solid club offering great directional control and overall great feeling.

Biggest non performer was the Cobra F6+ which was out of the blue considering the King ltd and King LTD pro were extremely good for multiple players.

Callaway XR16 is FAST. No other way to describe it and worked very well for a lot of players including myself. Shaft for me was definitely the Project X HZRDUS 6.5 left untipped because of my quicker transition.

I don't want to Ruin any surprise to what the big winner was for myself and others but I can once again say that by just focusing on hitting balls and allowing the fitters to do their job and find us the best drivers it has been a great experience.

I've been saying for two years now that Cobra is making the best drivers in golf in terms of pushing the limits of CG/MOI. Glad all you testers are finding the same!

My coach said the same thing to me. I was like nah... But from the looks of it seems like it should be at top

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

So.... Final three for me; Ping G LS - DI6, Cobra F6 - HZDRS Black, and Callaway XR16 - DI6.... All competing against my gamer which is REALLY GOOD, G30LS-DI6.

Have a heavy battle the winner was clear as mud!

XR16 was knocked out early.

F6 started to show itself as a strong THIRD PLACE.

The two Pings began to battle it out!

After a couple hundred balls, a 5:30am wake up call, an AMAZING time with Miles staff , WRX staff and 14 outstanding WRX'ers.... The G LS BARELY inched out G30 LS!!!

It literally came down to .5 yard of carry, 4 yards of roll out, a couple hundred RPM less spin, touch higher smash, a slightly tighter pattern and that G LS LOOKED and FELT MUCH BETTER!!

THANK YOU for an AMAZING DAY!!!

G bone,

How did the HZDRS shaft feel compared to the DI6 that you like?

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Have most of the shaft combo's, that worked best, been upgraded shafts? I don't believe I've seen anybody mention a shaft that has been a stock shaft. I sure some are once I research all the options of different OEM's. Don't think I've seen one mention of rogue shafts.

Rogue-Smogue!! :taunt:

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Have most of the shaft combo's, that worked best, been upgraded shafts? I don't believe I've seen anybody mention a shaft that has been a stock shaft. I sure some are once I research all the options of different OEM's. Don't think I've seen one mention of rogue shafts.

Rogue-Smogue!! :taunt:

I'm not in love with them, but that just appears to be the one stock shaft across all Oem offerings. Like it or not, that will be the one shaft every demo day fitter will try to fit the general golfer into, best fit or not.

My final 3 were :

M1 460 Fuji Pro 73X - longest and best potential , but bad swings were punishing

Ping G LS BB7X - straightest

GBB D+ 70X - not the longest but the best combination off length and forgiveness

Winner: GBB D+ 70X or BB7X

Nate, the fitter, basically said I fit into my gamer best, but just needed a stiffer and heavier shaft

Awesome!!!! Day!!!!!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

What a fantastic day. It was a show all day, what an experience. So much went into everything on GolfWRX's end and Miles Of Golf's and we all can't thank them enough for the hrs work and time. The fitters were all top notch, the facility was awesome. GolfWRX heaven is what I would call MOG, every shaft and head you could think of was right there waiting.

Gear Trials Results for bruinsPATSirish

Gamer - Taylormade M1 460 10.5* with Fujikura Pro 73 X flex

Final Shootout Sticks (top performers of the day)

Nike Flex 440 9.5* with Speeder 757 X flex

PING G LS 10.5* with Ping Tour 80 X flex

Taylormade M1 460 10.5* with GD Tour ADDI 7 X flex

Cobra King LTD 10* with Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 73 X flex

My gamer was knocked out very early. I get solid numbers with the setup, more of a short fairway finder though. I have been playing it since the M1 came out and it has been solid. I knew I was giving up distance with the setup but I have been playing well with it so I have kept it as is without HOing around.

****Placeholder, will come back with a writeup for final 1 thru 4 on the shootout!****

4. Nike Vapor Fly Flex 440 9.5* w/ Speeder 757 X flex

This one was a surprise. In the first go with this setup I was absolutely HAMMERING this driver. I can't wait for the raw Trackman data to come back to us so I can see the numbers again on the Nike. Longest hit of the day came from here no doubt. After the first swings I was excited to swing it again in the shootout because I honestly thought that was going to be the one. Feel was good, Different for sure. I would describe as an almakf "iron-like" feel when you hit it well, very hefty and solid. My first thought on the hits off the sweet spot were that it felt like I was flushing a Muscleback 4 iron. Looks wise I don't hate the Blue and Matte Black crown but I really think they could have done better. Where the seam meets on the crown it looks like it's got an unnatural gap even though that is how they all come. The issue with the Flex came out in the shootout when the Nike stepped back up. Out of the shots I hit I still had some really good ones BUT all of a sudden I had these really drastic drops in ball speed and overall distance. I'm not sure if it was missing the center causing or if there is some other issue but I was losing 20 yards or more on some quality swings that were just a little off center. I think on a great swinging day this club is hot but golf is a game of misses and the Nike got exposed in the finals. #4 Nike Flex

3. PING G LS 10.5* w/ PING Tour 80 X flex

The PING was fast. I had some really good hits with the PING but each round with it had some pretty significant offline balls that I didn't see with the M1 or the LTD. The feel was awesome, very similar to the G30 but maybe a hair more soft and muted. Great feel to it that matched up with some really solid numbers. Looks wise the G LS was pretty wild. All of the turbulators and the indentations and "wings" really stand out and can be a little much for some I'm sure. I think with some more shaft tweaking we could have gotten the G LS a little closer my #1 and #2 drivers but the numbers I was getting with those two were really really good so we knew where the final shootout was going to be.

So for full disclosure the final two slots for me were silly close. It came down to what I would call #1 and #1A. Sean, our fitter, could have handed me either setup and said this is the one and I would have said YEP! The numbers were so close I ended up really going all the way down to feel and looks to make my picks.

1A. Cobra King LTD 10* (set to 12*) w/ Fujikura Tour Spec 73 X flex

Wow this club is wild. Absolutely spin KILLER. When the Trackman data comes out k can't wait to look back at some of the balls I hit with it. Absolute knuckle bombs. Sean, our fitter, was a little disappointed believe it or not because we became handcuffed by the lack of options in loft for this driver head. My spin was so low that even turned up to the top end 11* setting I still could have used 2-3* (Loft up! Lol) Had I been able to hit the LTD in a 13* or higher I would have easily hit the longest and best drives. If Cobra is listening, Y'all need to put out a higher lofted LTD head very soon, the masses will greatly benefit and y'all could have an even bigger monster on your hands. Feel was great off the center of the face, but for me out of even all the good shots I hit I only hit a select few that FELT like I hit the screws. For me feedback is important to me and if I can't feel my swings on the course I will feel uncomfortable off the tee. Totally personal preferences but it was something that really stood out to me. Looks wise the Cobra is pretty sexy from address. The black and orange aren't my favorite, I think white or silver would have been even better but the Orange is solid. If I went completely off of Trackman data for my pick the LTD would have been a tight winner. My numbers were very similar with my best shots being a 6-8 yards shorter than M1 but with the LTD I was a tighter dispersion. Like I said, I would be happy with either and probably will end up buying both drivers, but the feel and the orange on the LTD knocked her down into a #2 slot.

1. The winner!

Taylormade M1 460 10.5* w/ GD Tour ADDI 7 X flex

What a beauty this driver was. My gamer M1 wasn't even in the same ball park as this setup. Both times I swing the M1 with the ADDI 7x it just felt like I could swing the club free, which obviously is soemthing we dream about with the big dawg. Absolutely high baby draw and high baby cut bombs. The first time I hit this combo I was swinging reaaaally well and was grooving it. I swear on some the ball never left my target line and was crushed. The second go around my swing was a little looser and I hit some "bad" shots and even then those turned out to be solid shots. We all laughed when I hit one in the shootout and I said "Ah man I toed that one!" The ball ended up staying pretty straight and went a good ways. Looking at Trackman my "toe ball" went 306 yards and strayed just 5 to 10 yards left of center. The guys watching all have me some s*** for that one but I blame the M1 for being so good on the misfits. Feel was a huge factor in why I really liked the M1. It did have an advantage in that I have been playing the M1 driver since September, but the numbers backed up my choice for sure. The feel on the M1 is so solid. All the way across the face toe to heel the ball feels and performs very very consistently for me. My misses were right up there with my goodies and the feel wasn't lacking at all. Looks wise I really like what they did with the crown, the Carbon and white really come together and look sharp to me. It's clean and also it acts like an alignment aid akmost. I don't find myself really lining it up so to speak but it certainly guides me into place direction wise.

I really loved both the LTD and the M1 but the combo of the M1 and ADDI 7x won me over. Like I said previous, purely from a numbers perspective the LTD was the better performer being that the dispersion was tighter than the M1 while the rest of the numbers were all extremely close to M1. The M1 for me had some long good shots what we're just I bit longer than LTD and it definitely felt better than LTD. I really would like to hit a higher lofted head for the Cobra LTD because I think it was have blown the competition out of the water!

What an awesome time and we can't thank you guys and GolfWRX enough for this. Very cool to be chosen to be a part of WRX history. Damn though, Michgan is COLD!

Looking forward to the results! On an unrelated note, couldn't you have found a warmer place to do the testing? Michigan in February doesn't sound very appealing!! :taunt: Making the WRX testers earn their money today...

I'll be enjoying my mid-60's here in Dallas today!

Man!!! I used to live about 5 minutes from that place! :)

Live in the heat now, give me a Michigan morning like that any day of the week and twice on Sunday!!

Great thread gents!!!!