2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The Secret History of Tiger Woods -

socied

The thing with the extent of time TW spent on the seal training is so much deeper than I would have thought. Especially the hand to hand stuff. And cosidering the potential for injury, its just nuts the risks he took to his golf career.

And how the heck was he doing this all during golf season?

As I read it the hand-to-hand stuff was not done with SEALs but with one of the Special Forces Contractors who teach one of the courses that they take. When he was "in the care of" the Navy/SEALs, he was handled with kit gloves and in at least two situations, one in the kill house, where the Teams were doing live fire clears, which gets "physical," another team did a non-live fire clear, and Then they took Tiger with a Team and the other Team was specifically told, DO NOT LAY A FINGER ON HIM, NOT A FINGER. Guys on that team were pissed cuz apparently they too felt that he was being given the "soft" guide through the Teams. Also, he did not complete the "O" course which really tells you what type of athlete you are.

I'm not saying that he didn't take some shots however trust me here, he did not, I repeat, he DID NOT go live wire with a SEAL, active or otherwise-

So yea, he pushed the envelope for a golfer however the Instructors in that room when he spoke to the class were floored that he made the comment about if he wasn't doing what he was doing, he'd be a SEAL, LMAO.

Yea, and if Jonesy could just get a break, he'd be Playin for Pay, LMAO

Stay Well My Friends :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with the extent of time TW spent on the seal training is so much deeper than I would have thought. Especially the hand to hand stuff. And cosidering the potential for injury, its just nuts the risks he took to his golf career.

And how the heck was he doing this all during golf season?

As I read it the hand-to-hand stuff was not done with SEALs but with one of the Special Forces Contractors who teach one of the courses that they take. When he was "in the care of" the Navy/SEALs, he was handled with kit gloves and in at least two situations, one in the kill house, where the Teams were doing live fire clears, which gets "physical," another team did a non-live fire clear, and Then they took Tiger with a Team and the other Team was specifically told, DO NOT LAY A FINGER ON HIM, NOT A FINGER. Guys on that team were pissed cuz apparently they too felt that he was being given the "soft" guide through the Teams. Also, he did not complete the "O" course which really tells you what type of athlete you are.

I'm not saying that he didn't take some shots however trust me here, he did not, I repeat, he DID NOT go live wire with a SEAL, active or otherwise-

So yea, he pushed the envelope for a golfer however the Instructors in that room when he spoke to the class were floored that he made the comment about if he wasn't doing what he was doing, he'd be a SEAL, LMAO.

Yea, and if Jonesy could just get a break, he'd be Playin for Pay, LMAO

Stay Well My Friends :)

All the Best,

RP

Yes, I know he wasnt doing the real deal training. More intrigued at the extent of time spent.

But how could he have the energy to do this and dominate golf?

As far as his being a real seal. Who knows? There were comments that he seemed mentally capable under stress/jumps.

Earl was a green beret in wartime so, TW has the genes. So its not as far fetched as some may think.

I decided on my wedding day I never wanted to be famous. Everywhere you go someone has something to say or wants a picture.

Since I've never walked a mile in his shoes I will just say the story is interesting and that I would hope I could make better choices than he did.

But I am not saying I could. Just that I would hope I could.

Well....it was more of a sad than interesting read.

If some of the comments from Jordan are indeed true then Tiger's "Rabbit Ears" will be even more alert because of this writeup.

While I have no problem believing much of this article there is a lot of conjecture by the author. Seeing into Tiger's head and heart by interviewing friends and associates whom all have a preconceived notion of who Tiger Woods actually is? That's a pretty tough stretch.

I do believe one thing written....Tiger wins a Major and he retires at the press conference afterward.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Interesting read. It seemed like a back handed slap at Tiger though just done in a different way. If he really didn't pick up the dinner tab after dinner with the SEALS then that is really messed up.

Can you believe the entitlement attitude of those seals who expected a free lunch? They should have offered to pay for Tigers meal in appreciation for the millions he has given the federal government to pay their salaries.:) Obviously I don't know the exact situation of their relationship, but every time I go out with a guy with more money than me, I don't expect them to pay the bill. Sometimes they offer. Sometimes they don't. I can tell you that in every group of people that I like to hangout with, everyone at that table would have been reaching for their wallet to add money to the pot. It they guy who just sold his company for 120 million wants to pick up the check, he would let us know.

For everyone hollering about the Navy SEAL bill

(1) If Tiger was just trying to fit in and be one of the guys, I'm pretty sure flaunting your wealth and dropping your Amex Black isn't a great way of doing so.

(2) That SEAL that was all butthurt about it can go f*** himself. Be appreciative of someone's generosity but never demand it. Thanks to my dad for that one.

Maybe not an American Express Black card but how about a some cash, after all, how much can lunch at a diner be- Regarding that SEAL and telling him to "f*** himself," knowing Richard's father and having met three of his teammates, and though they are all retired, they all four are in better shape than any pro that I play with and I would love for you to be face to face with one of these men and see you say that to one of them, lolol, much less a younger active duty ultra-high testosterone SEAL, lololol. If that story is true and there is no reason to doubt it, that is a disgrace on a lot of levels. I like Tiger as a player and do not know him as a person however for these men to take the time to bring him into their world, well, to pick up a lunch tab is the least that he or any one of us owes these warriors. I think your father might agree. Have a nice day :) Maddie

But go can the "we're superior than you, bro" talk.

Look, they treated him like gold and for what?

Not a single one can or will have their name or picture in print-

Tiger, for all his wealth and fame, can do nothing for them-

Not a damn thing-

As far as their attitudes, again, they treated him great-

"We're superior to you Bro?"

Picture you walkin onto a Tee with Tiger, Notah and Michael standing there-

You don't think they think they're superior to you?

You don't think across 18 holes that won't come across?

All Type A Alphas have this-

Whether it be in golf, football, hoops, the armed services or the business world, you show me someone who doesn't have that in em and I'll show ya someone who's either full of s*** or they haven't achieved s***-

The key is to know when to turn it on and to turn it off-

I would say that most SEALs are better at that than most Professional Athletes, and pro athletes, at the end of the day, play a game for s**** & giggles(and lots of coin, lol)-

The SEALS??

They Play for Real & for keeps-

They treated him with a lot of respect-

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

(1) If Tiger was just trying to fit in and be one of the guys, I'm pretty sure flaunting your wealth and dropping your Amex Black isn't a great way of doing so.

(2) That SEAL that was all butthurt about it can go f*** himself. Be appreciative of someone's generosity but never demand it. Thanks to my dad for that one.

Maybe not an American Express Black card but how about a some cash, after all, how much can lunch at a diner be- Regarding that SEAL and telling him to "f*** himself," knowing Richard's father and having met three of his teammates, and though they are all retired, they all four are in better shape than any pro that I play with and I would love for you to be face to face with one of these men and see you say that to one of them, lolol, much less a younger active duty ultra-high testosterone SEAL, lololol. If that story is true and there is no reason to doubt it, that is a disgrace on a lot of levels. I like Tiger as a player and do not know him as a person however for these men to take the time to bring him into their world, well, to pick up a lunch tab is the least that he or any one of us owes these warriors. I think your father might agree. Have a nice day :) Maddie

Not a damn thing-

Whether it be in golf, football, hoops, the armed services or the business world, you show me someone who doesn't have that in em and I'll show ya someone who's either full of s*** or they haven't achieved s***-

I would say that most SEALs are better at that than most Professional Athletes, and pro athletes, at the end of the day, play a game for s**** & giggles(and lots of coin, lol)-

The SEALs??

RP

I played soccer in college. The saying was respect everyone, fear no one. If I had Tiger on the tee with me, I'd certainly respect his talents, but I won't go peeing my pants in fear over the guy.

The "we're superior, bro" was in result to that poster posturing because his friends were military and that fact somehow demanded superior treatment based on that regard, or that I should bow in deference to them. Sorry, I won't do that.

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5

Not a damn thing-

The SEALs??

RP

I played soccer in college. The saying was respect everyone, fear no one. If I had Tiger on the tee with me, I'd certainly respect his talents, but I won't go peeing my pants in fear over the guy.

The "we're superior, bro" was in result to that poster posturing because his friends were military and that fact somehow demanded superior treatment based on that regard, or that I should bow in deference to them. Sorry, I won't do that.

Agree 100%. No matter who they are, they still put their pants on one leg at a time and the are still just a person. Certainly respect their accomplishments but I'm not going to be afraid of them.

Drn92

If I'm ever worth anything close to $500 million dollars and walk into a restaurant............there's never going to be a member of our armed forces paying for his own meal in that establishment while I'm there. He doesn't need to be at my table or even know who I am. These people leave their families for extended periods of time and make tremendous sacrifices to insure the freedoms many of us take for granted.

They deserve any show of gratitude we can offer.

Not a damn thing-

The SEALs??

RP

#1, that poster, "his friends," was a she. That's her in her avatar and also in mine-

#2, you missed her point-

It had nothing to do with "bowing" or "deference" or posturing and everything to do with your keyboard kamando tough boi talk about that SEAL can go "f*** off."

#3, they ain't her friends, as the one will be her Father in Law and is my Father-

Her only point was that it's easy to be a tough boi and hide behind a fake avatar and a fictitious UN but it's a whhhhhhole different thing to tell someone to go "f*** Off" belly to belly.

#4, I don't know WTF you Playin soccer has to do with anything but I Played D1 Football, LMAO

You gotta chip on that shoulder of yours cuz you go back and read her post again and the only thing she commented to was your rude tough boi talk, nothing about showing deference-

#5, I'm with KYMs on the head stone :)

Anyhoo, I wish ya a great season :)

All the Best,

RP

Interesting read. It seemed like a back handed slap at Tiger though just done in a different way. If he really didn't pick up the dinner tab after dinner with the SEALS then that is really messed up.

No way. He had a bunch of guys trying to score a free lunch off him, so he stared in the face of that situation and he didn't blink. Lesser men would've given in, but Tiger is a f'n CHAMPION

Fathers and Sons: Is there really any other story? So important, and powerful, and devastating.

This essay makes me want to go hug my pops, tell him how much I love him, and how lucky I am to be his son.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

I'm guessing that the tomb stone thing was a request from Pops.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

No way. He had a bunch of guys trying to score a free lunch off him, so he stared in the face of that situation and he didn't blink. Lesser men would've given in, but Tiger is a f'n CHAMPION

I don't know if you meant it to be or not, but that's funny.

Fathers and Sons: Is there really any other story? So important, and powerful, and devastating.

This essay makes me want to go hug my pops, tell him how much I love him, and how lucky I am to be his son.

This is cool as Hell MS!!!

I'd say you're both lucky!!

Have a great season Bro :)

RP

I thought the only thing remotely interesting in that article was that he was interested in physics.

I think the more interesting piece on Tiger would be more on his childhood, or lack of one perhaps, and his relationship as a boy with his father. The stuff he did that got him in trouble, lots of people have gone down that road. In my opinion, this was a kid who was probably severely isolated by design and once he "flew the coop" all hell broke loose. How many people grew up with very strict parents and end up going off the deep end one way or another when they finally are out of their parents control?

I'm guessing that the tomb stone thing was a request from Pops.

That's what I'm guessin but I feel badly cuz KYMs has been goin at it nonstop for hours, LMAO

Have a nice weekend Bro :)

My Best,

RP

Was kinda funny

Tiger "is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma;"

The whole thing is nuts. Guy is running in combat boots. Wtf? And I still dont get why he was even allowed to participate is the training.

Was kinda funny

The whole thing is nuts. Guy is running in combat boots. Wtf? And I still dont get why he was even allowed to participate is the training.

I know the author mentioned it but didn't you get the feeling that the seal's probably were more annoyed with Tiger's presence and involvement they may have liked to say? Or maybe that's me thinking Tiger thought it was all like one of his video games.

Was kinda funny

I know the author mentioned it but didn't you get the feeling that the seal's probably were more annoyed with Tiger's presence and involvement they may have liked to say? Or maybe that's me thinking Tiger thought it was all like one of his video games.

This is what I cant figure out. Youd think it would be completely annoying and they would tell Tiger to go away.

^Why would the Seals be so annoyed by him?

Unless he was annoying or disrespectful, isn't the attention and admiration of perhaps the world's most famous athlete a flattering thing?

They probably thought it was cool to have Tiger Woods on base and to be hanging out with him. As long as he didnt overstep his bounds. Definitely gives them a story to entertain their family and friends with.

^Why would the Seals be so annoyed by him?

Unless he was annoying or disrespectful, isn't the attention and admiration of perhaps the world's most famous athlete a flattering thing?

They probably thought it was cool to have Tiger Woods on base and to be hanging out with him. As long as he didnt overstep his bounds. Definitely gives them a story to entertain their family and friends with.

Their stuff is real world, life and death. I could be wrong but, with their mindset, I doubt they are the giggling fan types.

tiger has always been a jerk. great golfer but always an idiot off the course and a lot of times on the course. When the HGH stories come out, don't be shocked

I've always wondered that.