Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > So, son is out of action, he will be arriving home Sunday evening around 8 30. Normally the jobs around the garden are divided but with his skiing accident it’s my turn in everything. Today was a rough day, chain saw then split firewood, stake tomato plants, prepare for the grass cutting. This is very unusual in winter but it has been very wet and so the grass is growing almost as fast as summer. Plenty of weeding and a fair bit of overgrown ground we were going to do next week. Ah well it will take a little longer but I will get it all done eventually. The good thing is I am still able get stuck in and do it all.

> >

> > He will now be off work for a while as travelling into the city on the train will not be an option, as the majority of his job is programming he can at least work from home. Happy days ahead. Have a good weekend Grillers, and let’s think of Sco with his move and all the Grillers with medical issues.

>

> Enjoy your time with your son..

We usually have fun, that is until we both have a not going to give in moment. DW thinks we are both a bit that way, we’ll a lot that way.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Conrad1953 said:

> You know, now this has me thinking.......since we're in a bit of a lull

> with some Grillsters occupied elsewhere.........anyone have any good/

> funny personal golf stories? I'm sure at our age and all the years

> playing there are many that could be told of various exploits and

> foibles!..........and bragging is allowed.....passive, overt or otherwise

> as it's all in good fun.

Once I was playing golf by myself at a local course on a summer afternoon. I had taken the day off work just to play 36 holes. It's a very cheap course to play at, and I just wanted to work on my drives and get my iron lengths figured out so I would better know my distances for each club. I was on the tee and had just hit my drive down the fairway on the hole to the left in the pic. Then I had one of my complex partial seizures where you kinda phase out, sometimes you just stay put till you sort of 'come to your senses' again- maybe 10 seconds to 2 minutes later, or sometimes you just keep doing what you were doing not realizing it of course, for about the same amount of time. Well this time I apparently got in the cart, and drove in a slant across all the fairways you can see in the pic plus one more, which would be 4 fairways. When I finally wised up, I realized how far I was from where I needed to be, and drove back to where I should be. Best part about it was there was nobody on that area of the course that afternoon as it was about 1:30 and I had the place to myself. I was surprised I didn't hit any trees, and at the end of the last fairway was the maintenance barn which I could have eventually hit. I have different types of complex partial seizures, for one, try to imagine having ear plugs in so you can't hear, and your brain buffering like a computer that can't respond. By the way, if you ever run across someone who is having one, and try to talk to them, just remember it's like us trying to type info on our keyboard when our computer is stuck and buffering...

y0nrkh4nv06q.jpg

• Like 2

> @scotee said:

> I've been watching and listening to a B-17 and B-25 bomber flying right over my house. We missed a big fly in air show 2 weeks ago that had at least a dozen old planes. Very cool to see and hear these old girls (can I say that?) still flying.

> https://www.azcaf.org/location/lewiston-id-tour-stop/

We were 5 miles from Canadian War Plane Heritage at the old house. The flyovers of the old warbirds was and still is a common occurrence.

We even see them down here at the new place. A DC3 Dakota went over about a week ago.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well we are in! As in moved but far from unpacked. Neither one of us can bare to deal with the 30 odd boxes of kitchen stuff leftover. That's the one room we didn't debulk because, well you know a woman...

Very quiet neighborhood. Haven't really met anyone yet other than the lady next door. Lots of birds and other small critters makes for a restful abode. Haven't slept this well in years! My body is pretty well done at this point with no end in sight...

We chose well and that will be my solace during these trying times.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @howellhandmade said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

>

> >

> > When a buddy and I played Rochelle Ranch in Rawlins, WY, there was

> > a par 4 there just like that one. I forget how far it was directly over

> > the water but I think it was around 250 or so. I gave it a rip and I made

> > it onto the other side in the rough beside the green and was able to

> > chip it close and make a bird.

> >

> > That was a long time ago, I think around 2007 or so. I was younger and

> > the ball carries well 6000 feet up!

>

> That’s 13, I think, about 230 to clear, at altitude (close enough to 7000 feet as no matter), with a bit of tee elevation. A hole that really encourages you to go for it as playing to the right is no bargain. I had the same outcome with a chip from the greenside rough to the left. I really like that course, will be there in a couple of weeks.

Wow Howell, small world as they say. I was in that left side of the green

rough too! That is a fun course for sure; greens are great and the course

just ambles around on the existing terrain looking very natural.

I played it twice and fortunately it wasn't too windy. A normal Wyoming

wind could make a round there an adventure. No trees that I can

remember; just sage brush and grasses..................and water and lots

of elevation changes as you work your way around.

I would play it again in a heartbeat but it's not likely I'll make it back

that way anytime soon. I hope you have a great time playing there

in a few weeks!

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > You know, now this has me thinking.......since we're in a bit of a lull

> > with some Grillsters occupied elsewhere.........anyone have any good/

> > funny personal golf stories? I'm sure at our age and all the years

> > playing there are many that could be told of various exploits and

> > foibles!..........and bragging is allowed.....passive, overt or otherwise

> > as it's all in good fun.

> Once I was playing golf by myself at a local course on a summer afternoon. I had taken the day off work just to play 36 holes. It's a very cheap course to play at, and I just wanted to work on my drives and get my iron lengths figured out so I would better know my distances for each club. I was on the tee and had just hit my drive down the fairway on the hole to the left in the pic. Then I had one of my complex partial seizures where you kinda phase out, sometimes you just stay put till you sort of 'come to your senses' again- maybe 10 seconds to 2 minutes later, or sometimes you just keep doing what you were doing not realizing it of course, for about the same amount of time. Well this time I apparently got in the cart, and drove in a slant across all the fairways you can see in the pic plus one more, which would be 4 fairways. When I finally wised up, I realized how far I was from where I needed to be, and drove back to where I should be. Best part about it was there was nobody on that area of the course that afternoon as it was about 1:30 and I had the place to myself. I was surprised I didn't hit any trees, and at the end of the last fairway was the maintenance barn which I could have eventually hit. I have different types of complex partial seizures, for one, try to imagine having ear plugs in so you can't hear, and your brain buffering like a computer that can't respond. By the way, if you ever run across someone who is having one, and try to talk to them, just remember it's like us trying to type info on our keyboard when our computer is stuck and buffering...

> y0nrkh4nv06q.jpg

>

>

>

>

That's quite a course adventure in 2 minutes. Too bad you don't

get a 2 minute warning so you can situate yourself before it starts.

You could have driven 4 fairways over and been in a good place so

that when the seizure started you would have driven 4 fairways

back and be at your ball ready to hit when it ended. :)

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scomac2002 said:

> Well we are in! As in moved but far from unpacked. Neither one of us can bare to deal with the 30 odd boxes of kitchen stuff leftover. That's the one room we didn't debulk because, well you know a woman...

>

> Very quiet neighborhood. Haven't really met anyone yet other than the lady next door. Lots of birds and other small critters makes for a restful abode. Haven't slept this well in years! My body is pretty well done at this point with no end in sight...

>

> We chose well and that will be my solace during these trying times.

Glad you're at least in there! The stressful stuff is now behind you.

Unpacking can be fun. Think of it like you're opening Christmas

gifts..............cause it might be Christmas by the time you're all

unpacked, hehe.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @scotee said:

> > I've been watching and listening to a B-17 and B-25 bomber flying right over my house. We missed a big fly in air show 2 weeks ago that had at least a dozen old planes. Very cool to see and hear these old girls (can I say that?) still flying.

> > https://www.azcaf.org/location/lewiston-id-tour-stop/

>

> We were 5 miles from Canadian War Plane Heritage at the old house. The flyovers of the old warbirds was and still is a common occurrence.

> We even see them down here at the new place. A DC3 Dakota went over about a week ago.

My lone jump out of a plane was out of an old DC3. On the way

up the instructor told us don't think about chickening out cause

it was far safer to jump out of that old bird than to land in it.

No one chickened out.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Well I've got tunes tonight! Being serenaded by Sheryl Crow. ?

Found out this afternoon that ma Bell has screwed up our service transfer order. Nasties run you through the ringer over a clerical error that they made! I'm not done with them yet...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Well we are in! As in moved but far from unpacked. Neither one of us can bare to deal with the 30 odd boxes of kitchen stuff leftover. That's the one room we didn't debulk because, well you know a woman...

> >

> > Very quiet neighborhood. Haven't really met anyone yet other than the lady next door. Lots of birds and other small critters makes for a restful abode. Haven't slept this well in years! My body is pretty well done at this point with no end in sight...

> >

> > We chose well and that will be my solace during these trying times.

>

> Glad you're at least in there! The stressful stuff is now behind you.

> Unpacking can be fun. Think of it like you're opening Christmas

> gifts..............cause it might be Christmas by the time you're all

> unpacked, hehe.

It's ironic that you would say that the stressful stuff is over with because after yesterday's run around nothing could be further from the truth, for me at least.

After sleeping on it I've decided that I'm done with Bell's shenanigans. I'm going to cancel the order and terminate our services. Will tell DW to buy more data as our phones are all we're going to have for a while. We've got lots to keep us busy and plenty of CDs and books to fill the idle time.

In the meantime, there's lots to unpack and a garden that will require constant attention to tame the mess.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Ok grillers I am back. Had computer problems to put it mildly. My 12 year old laptop went out in a blaze of smoke and glory literally. Ended up getting a brand new Dell like the old one also went the digital wireless modem route. The old mini bulldog finally died too kinda in a blaze of glory or at least smoking and knocking but it did get me home one last time. With the wife retired I am driving the mini van until I find something else. Not in a big hurry until I get the budget straight and flowing. I have sorta been keeping up via phone but not posting because as big as my fingers are it is a hassle to text plus for some reason I could not get on here from my phone. Been playing quite a bit of persimmon and blades golf lately. sorry to see all the bad things occurring for some of my fellow grillsters. Makes my problems seem small

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Ok grillers I am back. Had computer problems to put it mildly. My 12 year old laptop went out in a blaze of smoke and glory literally. Ended up getting a brand new Dell like the old one also went the digital wireless modem route. The old mini bulldog finally died too kinda in a blaze of glory or at least smoking and knocking but it did get me home one last time. With the wife retired I am driving the mini van until I find something else. Not in a big hurry until I get the budget straight and flowing. I have sorta been keeping up via phone but not posting because as big as my fingers are it is a hassle to text plus for some reason I could not get on here from my phone. Been playing quite a bit of persimmon and blades golf lately. sorry to see all the bad things occurring for some of my fellow grillsters. Makes my problems seem small

Good to see you back Stu, just went through the passing of the old laptop, getting a new one myself. It's nice to have a new one, getting it set up, and the whole bit. Hope you get your transportation issues taken care of as well...

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> Well I've got tunes tonight! Being serenaded by Sheryl Crow. ?

>

> Found out this afternoon that ma Bell has screwed up our service transfer order. Nasties run you through the ringer over a clerical error that they made! I'm not done with them yet...

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Ok grillers I am back. Had computer problems to put it mildly. My 12 year old laptop went out in a blaze of smoke and glory literally. Ended up getting a brand new Dell like the old one also went the digital wireless modem route. The old mini bulldog finally died too kinda in a blaze of glory or at least smoking and knocking but it did get me home one last time. With the wife retired I am driving the mini van until I find something else. Not in a big hurry until I get the budget straight and flowing. I have sorta been keeping up via phone but not posting because as big as my fingers are it is a hassle to text plus for some reason I could not get on here from my phone. Been playing quite a bit of persimmon and blades golf lately. sorry to see all the bad things occurring for some of my fellow grillsters. Makes my problems seem small

I was starting to wonder about you too. It seems to be the summer

of mishaps and missing here in the Grille. Glad you're OK and hope

for better times for all Grillesters real soon.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Well we are in! As in moved but far from unpacked. Neither one of us can bare to deal with the 30 odd boxes of kitchen stuff leftover. That's the one room we didn't debulk because, well you know a woman...

> > >

> > > Very quiet neighborhood. Haven't really met anyone yet other than the lady next door. Lots of birds and other small critters makes for a restful abode. Haven't slept this well in years! My body is pretty well done at this point with no end in sight...

> > >

> > > We chose well and that will be my solace during these trying times.

> >

> > Glad you're at least in there! The stressful stuff is now behind you.

> > Unpacking can be fun. Think of it like you're opening Christmas

> > gifts..............cause it might be Christmas by the time you're all

> > unpacked, hehe.

>

> It's ironic that you would say that the stressful stuff is over with because after yesterday's run around nothing could be further from the truth, for me at least.

>

> After sleeping on it I've decided that I'm done with Bell's shenanigans. I'm going to cancel the order and terminate our services. Will tell DW to buy more data as our phones are all we're going to have for a while. We've got lots to keep us busy and plenty of CDs and books to fill the idle time.

>

> In the meantime, there's lots to unpack and a garden that will require constant attention to tame the mess.

See, you cancelled the remaining stress. Adios Michelle Ma Bell. No

more stress in the Scomac household. Just say NO to stress!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @billh17 said:

> Ironic that a few of us are having computer issues at the same time. I called Best Buy

> today and they can still get me a laptop with Windows 7 ....i am picking it up tomorrow.

Wow, that's 3 computers that died. Always seems to come in 3s so the

rest of us must be safe...............for now. I dodged a bullet; the battery

on mine died but I always have it plugged in anyway so it's still plugging

along.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

I'm not gonna speak about my laptop, cause I don't wanna jinx the ole girl.

My father in law and his wife sre in the process of moving as well. They still own the two story house with the 3 car garage and 2 small barns that they filled with various "good stuff" over the years. over the past few weeks we have filled a semi trailer dumpster, and helped them sort things into keep and sell. I think the sell pile needs to get larger unless they want to walk through their new diggs on a narrow path with stuff stacked to the ceiling on both sides.

Managed to play in the noon game Saturday. Shot 79 and came out ahead a few bucks. 3 of us went back out and walked the front again. managed a 3 bogie 1 birdie +2 from the whites. Funny how being 10-15 yards closer on a hole can make it play easier.

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> I'm not gonna speak about my laptop, cause I don't wanna jinx the ole girl.

> My father in law and his wife sre in the process of moving as well. They still own the two story house with the 3 car garage and 2 small barns that they filled with various "good stuff" over the years. over the past few weeks we have filled a semi trailer dumpster, and helped them sort things into keep and sell. I think the sell pile needs to get larger unless they want to walk through their new diggs on a narrow path with stuff stacked to the ceiling on both sides.

> Managed to play in the noon game Saturday. Shot 79 and came out ahead a few bucks. 3 of us went back out and walked the front again. managed a 3 bogie 1 birdie +2 from the whites. Funny how being 10-15 yards closer on a hole can make it play easier.

Sounds like you're on your way to that under 10 HC you've been

working for. Congrats on the good play Bick!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @"BIG STU" said:

Glad you are back and well Stu. It always make me wonder when Grillers stay away for awhile. Say it ain't so with the Mini Bulldog.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

We are on a little family vacation in Bend Oregon. All four daughters and sons in law and eight grandkids. Yes, we have to rent a big house. Mrs. scotee and I came down the night before and stayed in a hotel. Noah the golfer son in law that I have talked about called that night and said he could get a tee time at a public course that we had played before. He said he would leave Portland early and pick me up. Mrs. scotee was happy enough to get rid of me while she did the last minute Costco run.

So Noah and I headed down the road but I told him he was going the wrong way. He ignored me while following his GPS and we soon pulled into the gate at Crosswater, the former home of the Jeld Wen Tradition golf tournament. I remember watching a Shells Wonderful World of Golf match on TV there in 1999 with Fred Couples and John Daly.

Anyway Noah flat out lied to me. He had made arrangements for us to play there as a retirement gift to me. Wow! what a beautiful course and a great day. He played from the blacks and shot one under par. I hit some great shots but had too many blow up holes to score anywhere near my handicap. This is the signature 12th with Mt. Bachelor in the background. 687 yard par 5. At over 4000 ft. elev. and 85 degrees the ball does go a long way. Oh and we get to play the muni tomorrow.

dbmauchvlltp.png

9hvzxz88xgk3.png

• Like 2

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @scotee said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > Ok grillers I am back. Had computer problems to put it mildly. My 12 year old laptop went out in a blaze of smoke and glory literally. Ended up getting a brand new Dell like the old one also went the digital wireless modem route. The old mini bulldog finally died too kinda in a blaze of glory or at least smoking and knocking but it did get me home one last time. With the wife retired I am driving the mini van until I find something else. Not in a big hurry until I get the budget straight and flowing. I have sorta been keeping up via phone but not posting because as big as my fingers are it is a hassle to text plus for some reason I could not get on here from my phone. Been playing quite a bit of persimmon and blades golf lately. sorry to see all the bad things occurring for some of my fellow grillsters. Makes my problems seem small

>

> Glad you are back and well Stu. It always make me wonder when Grillers stay away for awhile. Say it ain't so with the Mini Bulldog.

>

>

Yep it finally died. It had been on life support so to speak for the last two years ever since it caught on fire and I spliced all the computer wiring harness back together. The bottom end of the engine developed a knock. It did get me home. It actually went into the 30 yard dumpster when we set it down under it's own power knocking and smoking all the way. Came off on the yard the same way. And yes the first thing I did was take my Mack Bulldog off the hood. It is still in the corner of the pile at work waiting for it's date of destruction. Kinda made me sad at first but I have gotten over it. I drove it for 11 years and it needed a rest. In due time I will find me another beater whether it be another pick up or perhaps another mini van. Sorta like the mini van. Can keep a lot of stuff in it. Already have a lot of stuff in ours now

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

A quick drop in, been extra busy running son between medical appointments, it looks as if there are two vertical cracks over the top of the knee joint and that could lead to a pin required to hold it together, next two days will tell.

Welcome back Stu, will catch up with everyone in a day or two.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

It's raining here this morning. The first sustained rain since we took possession. Quite the change from the farm and all the water we had to contend with. We made a brief stop out there on Sunday. Will be going back tomorrow to check on things and gather mail, etc.

As we unpack I've been repacking some items to thrift. There's a lot of kitchen stuff that we don't need. The catch will be getting DW to part with it. A long way to go yet.

I went out for supper by myself last night as DW was working. The waitress came to me with the bill and I discovered I had forgotten my wallet. I don't know why, but she let me go. I was back in about 10minutes which surprised her. I gave her a $20 tip on a $20 meal which she said was too much. I told her that she earned it for her faith in me. We chatted for a bit and then I headed home. I think I made my first friend. :smile:

It's funny but I wasn't even embarrassed by the whole situation. Just another in a series of what will go wrong next over the past couple of days... This is going to be tougher than I thought for unexpected reasons.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Wriggles said:

> Got my temporary caps Monday, a week ago. I'm scheduled for August 19, for the permanent. I hope I make it to then, not breaking the temps.

> This certainly is the summer of mishaps for all the guys here.

> Best Wishes to all.

Wriggs, hope they do a great job on your teeth. It was nearly always a good day for my patients when they got the final crowns. Some of the new materials for all porcelain crowns are really good now.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @scotee said:

> We are on a little family vacation in Bend Oregon. All four daughters and sons in law and eight grandkids. Yes, we have to rent a big house. Mrs. scotee and I came down the night before and stayed in a hotel. Noah the golfer son in law that I have talked about called that night and said he could get a tee time at a public course that we had played before. He said he would leave Portland early and pick me up. Mrs. scotee was happy enough to get rid of me while she did the last minute Costco run.

>

> So Noah and I headed down the road but I told him he was going the wrong way. He ignored me while following his GPS and we soon pulled into the gate at Crosswater, the former home of the Jeld Wen Tradition golf tournament. I remember watching a Shells Wonderful World of Golf match on TV there in 1999 with Fred Couples and John Daly.

>

> Anyway Noah flat out lied to me. He had made arrangements for us to play there as a retirement gift to me. Wow! what a beautiful course and a great day. He played from the blacks and shot one under par. I hit some great shots but had too many blow up holes to score anywhere near my handicap. This is the signature 12th with Mt. Bachelor in the background. 687 yard par 5. At over 4000 ft. elev. and 85 degrees the ball does go a long way. Oh and we get to play the muni tomorrow.

>

> dbmauchvlltp.png

>

> 9hvzxz88xgk3.png

>

>

Looks awesome. You are living the dream my friend. Great on all

counts.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scotee said:

> We are on a little family vacation in Bend Oregon. All four daughters and sons in law and eight grandkids. Yes, we have to rent a big house. Mrs. scotee and I came down the night before and stayed in a hotel. Noah the golfer son in law that I have talked about called that night and said he could get a tee time at a public course that we had played before. He said he would leave Portland early and pick me up. Mrs. scotee was happy enough to get rid of me while she did the last minute Costco run.

>

> So Noah and I headed down the road but I told him he was going the wrong way. He ignored me while following his GPS and we soon pulled into the gate at Crosswater, the former home of the Jeld Wen Tradition golf tournament. I remember watching a Shells Wonderful World of Golf match on TV there in 1999 with Fred Couples and John Daly.

>

> Anyway Noah flat out lied to me. He had made arrangements for us to play there as a retirement gift to me. Wow! what a beautiful course and a great day. He played from the blacks and shot one under par. I hit some great shots but had too many blow up holes to score anywhere near my handicap. This is the signature 12th with Mt. Bachelor in the background. 687 yard par 5. At over 4000 ft. elev. and 85 degrees the ball does go a long way. Oh and we get to play the muni tomorrow.

>

> dbmauchvlltp.png

>

> 9hvzxz88xgk3.png

>

>

That is awesome! Great pics and sounds wonderful.

Hope all you gents are well, I know it’s been a while since I walked through the saloon doors ; )

Hey, ever make one of the best shots of your life. But *nobody saw it? Your partners are all over finding their own ball and you’re alone and just make that insane swing and pull it off?

For me, I remember hitting an approach shot that landed about 10 yards behind a tree that was 20 yards right of the green. The tree was right between me and the pin.

Basically no shot, was like hitting the ball up at like an 80* angle as hard as you can to clear the tree. Or chip out.

Well, they say....the Lord hates a coward, right?

Nobody watching, I took the SW, and take a wide stance and literally swing like Babe Ruth right under the ball.

Think my arms flew out of their sockets. Swoosh! See the ball heading skyward. Up up....then can’t see it but hear the Thud!

On the green!

Missed the putt, of course ; )

Cheers, fine fellows, my best to you and yours.

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > Was playing in a yearly outing,money to charity type. Well,a lot of guys were ,shall we say,having a few along the way.

> > We were sitting on the tee,waiting to hit,on a Par 4,all down hill. We had a clear view of the fairway,and these two guys got out of the cart,and one was taking his pre shot moves, when their cart started rolling. We could see it from way up on the hilltop,but they apparently did not notice it until it had a real good start off to their left side. They took off after the cart,gaining on it,until it came to the REALLY steep area,and it took off,with one guy falling

> > and rolling down the hill,. Ended up the cart in the pond,one guy with a bruised arm,the other almost had a stroke from the run,and twelve guys from around the course rolling on the ground laughing !

>

> My buggy took off one day but I was fast enough to catch it, made me check the brake several times before I walked away afterwards. A failure to stop it would have been wet.

I may have told my golf cart story before. I can’t remember. I was moving my cart home from my cart shed at our local muni in the town where I worked. I loaded it on the tilt bed trailer but did not have the cinch strap that I used to tie it down. The front wheels sit down in a well at the front of the trailer so it is pretty secure especially with the brake on. I did not have anything else to tie it with so I just headed up the road 10 miles to my house in the country. I turned off of the highway less than a mile from home and went about 500 ft. when I looked in the rear view mirror just in time to see the cart go off the back of the trailer and follow me at 45 miles an hour for a short way and then make a sharp right turn, go down into a little ditch and then up a steep dirt bank and roll over at least once with pieces of plastic flying off.

I was so stunned and flustered that I put the car in reverse to quickly get back to the wreck and completely forgot about the trailer which I could not see without the cart on it. I jackknifed the trailer and tore a big gash in the rear quarter panel of the Chevy Suburban. I got it loaded and ended up having it taken to the place I had purchased it at. It was a used 1993 reconditioned gas Club Car. it was reconditioned once again. I was not happy! Try explaining that to your insurance agent! I think that my golf shoes were on the seat and must have fallen off when I went over a small bump in the road and hit the gas peddle which would have unlocked the brake. I still have the cart and learned a lesson. In hindsight I should have at least taken off my belt to strap the cart to the trailer. If I had been really thinking quickly I could have hit the brake to keep the thing from going off of the trailer but it all happened so fast and yet so much in slow motion. I re-lived that scene for weeks but was so glad it did not happen on the highway and that no one was hurt.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)