Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!

I had this huge review from my experience at an Evnroll fitting typed up and I just lost it. Out of pure frustration I am going with a cliffs notes version.

Evnroll guys are very excited about what's to come - Getting traction on the Champions Tour and LPGA. Also have hired 5 new folks and acquired a large warehouse all in the last two weeks to help with their attempt to scale with the growing demand.

I tested every single putter they have. ER5 is a really great offering especially now that they have fixed the issue with the sound. ER1 is surprisingly great as it is a very traditional blade, which doesn't typically suit my eye. ER8 is 1B on my list, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this become the go to putter in their line. ER2 is as good as it gets, and was my selection.

I typically like heavier putters, or at least I thought, so I basically told Travis 34" 385g head and lets rock. For the sake of the fitting I tested some others, and eventually snagged a putter out of their tour bag that was 34" 355g head and had their new standard pistol grip with a tour lock 20g counter weight. Long story short I kept trying to talk myself out of this being right for me, but in the end it couldn't be denied.

Travis then zeroed in my loft/lie using their felt board, and as you'll see in the photo he did a fantastic job. They look for the ball to get up in the air for the first 2 inches or so and then never leave the ground again, which is pretty much what was achieved with my custom fit ER2.

Can't thank Travis enough for hooking it up. He's a great dude, as were all of the guys I met in their office. I can tell he and everyone else was genuinely excited about what the future holds for Evnroll putters, and after my experience I can see why.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

That grip looks much better then the one that's on mine. Guess I should have contacted them before ordering. Might have to look at a superstroke with adjustable weights.

Had my er7 on the practice green today. It is consistent and putts a good roll on the ball. It did feel very hard on a few putts.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Had my er7 on the practice green today. It is consistent and putts a good roll on the ball. It did feel very hard on a few putts.

Interesting that you find the ER7 hard. I've played one round with it and did some practice green work. It is one of the softest putters I have ever used. To be honest, I am still adjusting to the softness on gauging distance with putts.

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

Interesting that you find the ER7 hard. I've played one round with it and did some practice green work. It is one of the softest putters I have ever used. To be honest, I am still adjusting to the softness on gauging distance with putts.

This. I rolled the Er7 with a supersoft in PGATSS and it was almost like hitting nothing, too soft actually. Luckily I don't use balls that soft so I'm guessing with a Prov1x or similar, it would be fine.

I'm excited to see if a properly fit one can take me from about 36 putts to hopefully 32-33 area.

Maybe it depends on where on the face you hit it? Some felt some and some surprisingly hard. Maybe I was missing the groves. I was using tm lethal and Bridgestone extra soft.

I just ordered a super stroke grip for it.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Great write up! Did they happen to mention when the ER8 would be back in stock? Travis told me 3 weeks and I think we have passed that by now. Really want to order one!

It think it's one of those things you just need to check daily. They don't have the warehouse up and running so seems like they are just getting small batches for now. Basically all those putters you see lined up on the walls in the photos are the ones they ship out. They get them in every day it seems, so I supposed just depends on when their shipment of the 8s come in. It is worth the wait though, that putter is freaking awesome.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Just got the FedEx email that mine should be coming on Thursday. Will post some pics when I get it.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, TM Stealth 2, 21* both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 4H & 5H, Xcaliber RTI75 S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 6-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

I'm liking the roll off my ER2, but wondering if I should have went with ER6 instead for a little more forgiveness. I was using a Golo previously.

I don't know Smitty, the ER2 seems forgiving no matter where you hit it.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I'm liking the roll off my ER2, but wondering if I should have went with ER6 instead for a little more forgiveness. I was using a Golo previously.

I guess I shouldn't say forgiving per say, more so the weighting and feel of a mallet shape. I don't seem to get the ball rolling on my intended line as easily .

I guess I shouldn't say forgiving per say, more so the weighting and feel of a mallet shape. I don't seem to get the ball rolling on my intended line as easily .

Understand. I've just always believed with putters you just have to go with what suits your eye the best. For me, I love a nice looking blade style putter like the Anser but I suck with them. Mallets like the Ketsch and Bergen were stupid easy to line up and forgiving as hell but I can't stand the looks of a big mallet. That's why the ER2 is right up my alley.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I just bought an ER2 to try out after hearing so much about the new brand. For reference I've been using the Piretti Potenza (flowneck) for the last 6.5 years and according to prior SAM results and iPing, I have a slight arc stroke. Putting isn't something I really struggle with but I think it's an area where a putt here, putt there can help me get back into low single digits.

Although I think putting is more about comfort than matching up exactly. I got the 370g head to match my current putter even though it was delivered at 34" vs my normal 33".

Rolling it as-delivered yesterday, it felt pretty good but was very hard to get a feel for. I attribute this to the additional length and the P2 grip that was installed, which I believe weighed 120+grams on my scale. After getting it home I cut the putter to match my longtime trusty and installed the same grip/counterweight combo.

Carpet rolls do not suffice for a judgement, but now I'm really impressed. The ER2 sits great, frames the ball nicely, and sure as sh*t really works well if you mishit your putts off the toe. I'm still skeptical about switching putters but this one shows a lot of promise if I can get comfortable with it on fast greens and short putts.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

If you were a GoLo fella, I would take a look at the ER8. That putter is majestic haha.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

The greens are still slow and rough here, and even though the facility were I practice has a great indoor green with good surface, it's still not the same as a real green, so this is more a question rather than statement, but does anyone else feel like when you strike a putt dead center of the face, the ball comes off really, really slow? I mean, I've seen the robot tests and I know it should perform great in this regard (it's the whole idea behind the putter, right?) but it definitely feels like a dead spot were the grooves are deepest. If I hit it a little thin (my normal miss) it seems to come off much faster.

I'll be playing better greens in Spain in two weeks so hopefully I won't notice it then. And again, I don't mean to spread false rumors here as I haven't tested it out on a good green yet, but still curious if anyone has noticed the same thing?

The greens are still slow and rough here, and even though the facility were I practice has a great indoor green with good surface, it's still not the same as a real green, so this is more a question rather than statement, but does anyone else feel like when you strike a putt dead center of the face, the ball comes off really, really slow? I mean, I've seen the robot tests and I know it should perform great in this regard (it's the whole idea behind the putter, right?) but it definitely feels like a dead spot were the grooves are deepest. If I hit it a little thin (my normal miss) it seems to come off much faster.

I'll be playing better greens in Spain in two weeks so hopefully I won't notice it then. And again, I don't mean to spread false rumors here as I haven't tested it out on a good green yet, but still curious if anyone has noticed the same thing?

I could be wrong but I was thinking that's kind of how the putter was designed and part of why it works the way it does. The groove slots being wider helps even out the the face to make most strikes roll the same distance. I didn't notice it at first, but the more I putt with my ER2 I am noticing I have to hit it a little harder than my previous putter (Odyssey Milled #9). It hasn't taken much time to get used to it for me and although I'm putting on punched greens, I feel like it's definitely getting me closer to the hole and I'm having more tap in range putts.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Depends what you came from. If you were in a flat milled Scotty for years then go to a putter with grooves, you'll notice some reduction in speed. It can be tough to judge though if the greens are not consistent where you are. Being barely spring here, the greens are still soaked from melting snow. Some greens that are elevated though can be a lot quicker than ones at lower elevation...

My only complaint is the new grip. Total personal preference but I don't love it. Fortunately I had an extra old grip (made by Winn) so I had a tour lock put in so weight is the same. I much prefer the old evnroll grip (made by Winn).

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

Can anyone provide a pic of the old grip and new one. Putted a few times at PGA superstore in Paramus but never thought to actually check the grip. I'll remember it if I see it but want to make sure if I order it's the same grip I used so it has the same feel.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

Can anyone provide a pic of the old grip and new one. Putted a few times at PGA superstore in Paramus but never thought to actually check the grip. I'll remember it if I see it but want to make sure if I order it's the same grip I used so it has the same feel.

They offer a much smaller grip (think ping man size). The new grip is a Winn (WINNPRO X 1.18"), but with Evnroll graphics.

They offer a much smaller grip (think ping man size). The new grip is a Winn (WINNPRO X 1.18"), but with Evnroll graphics.

In my experience, at least with their "standard" grips, the old grip is the winnpro x 1.18 which I believe weighs about 55 grams. I have that on my er2 that I bought appx 6 months ago. My er7 has the new standard grip which I believe is manufactured by the same company that makes superstroke grips, and it's singnifcantly heavier, like 100+ grams, as they aren't adding any additional weight anymore, just the grip. I switched that out for one of the old Winn grips and added weight and much prefer it.

The older Winn grip is round and the newer grip is somewhat angled on the backside. Hope that helps. I don't have them with me so I'm not able to take pics.

Asm11, can you compare the ER2 and ER7 for us? I have to wait until they stock more ER7s as a lefty and would love to get your feedback/experience with each.

Honestly, I love them both. I have played mostly mallets in my time, but the er2 is fat enough that it works for me. The only reason I got the er7 is because I loved the old Rife Barbados, and it's basically a newer, fancier remake. I know that's not a great comparison, but in my mind, you can't go wrong with either. Just depends if you want a true mallet or not. The tech is the same and the feel and weight are comparable in my opinion. My only problem is deciding which one to use :) I have only had the er7 for 2 weeks so I may be able to add more later.

In my experience, at least with their "standard" grips, the old grip is the winnpro x 1.18 which I believe weighs about 55 grams. I have that on my er2 that I bought appx 6 months ago. My er7 has the new standard grip which I believe is manufactured by the same company that makes superstroke grips, and it's singnifcantly heavier, like 100+ grams, as they aren't adding any additional weight anymore, just the grip. I switched that out for one of the old Winn grips and added weight and much prefer it.

The older Winn grip is round and the newer grip is somewhat angled on the backside. Hope that helps. I don't have them with me so I'm not able to take pics.

Do they have the same appearance, like the red and the white?

Also for all you lefties, according to their Instagram page they now have a limited batch available.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

Also for all you lefties, according to their Instagram page they now have a limited batch available.

https://instagram.com/p/BSOqGw3j-89/

Yes, same red and white color scheme. I'm pretty sure the winn version says "winn" on the top, while the other just has the "E" for evnroll, and again it's more angular.

https://instagram.com/p/BSOqGw3j-89/

Yes, same red and white color scheme. I'm pretty sure the winn version says "winn" on the top, while the other just has the "E" for evnroll, and again it's more angular.

Here are some side by side pics of the Winn 1.18 and more current, heavier grip. Winn is on the left. Tried to get all angles. I'm no Ansel Adams.....