Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!

Got my er2 and let's just say my Odyssey beat it out. I wanted to love the ER2 but I'm afraid the Odyssey strikes again. It amazes me it's best out 6+ custom putters and now the Evnroll.

C'mon man! Give the ER2 a chance. :) How many rounds did you play with the Evnroll?

What about it? How did it beat it out. What odyssey model?

I don't sugar coat these things lol. More putts rolled on my intended line and more putts went in the hole. It could be due to the Odyssey 7 being face balanced but it was clearly better. I bought the er2 hoping it would work out but I'm not going to try and make something better... it has to be better naturally.

Oh and I tested it at various lengths too to see if distance made a difference... it didn't.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Got my er2 and let's just say my Odyssey beat it out. I wanted to love the ER2 but I'm afraid the Odyssey strikes again. It amazes me it's best out 6+ custom putters and now the Evnroll.

C'mon man! Give the ER2 a chance. :) How many rounds did you play with the Evnroll?

I don't sugar coat these things lol. More putts rolled on my intended line and more putts went in the hole. It could be due to the Odyssey 7 being face balanced but it was clearly better. I bought the er2 hoping it would work out but I'm not going to try and make something better... it has to be better naturally.

Oh and I tested it at various lengths too to see if distance made a difference... it didn't.

Same thing with me. I so wanted to love the Evnroll. I played a Rife Barbados for years so I have a soft spot for Guerin's putters. I could feel the face technology but just couldn't get along with the putter. I never aligned it well, missed a ton of short putts and just lost complete confidence in it over a few weeks. It may have been that I am a face balanced guy according to SAM putting lab or it could have been the short counterbalance but it just didn't work. I am looking forward to seeing their acceptance on the tours now though. I bet they get some play on the senior tour and LPGA quickly.

Did you try the er5? Seems like it would be a better comparison to the #7.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Did you try the er5? Seems like it would be a better comparison to the #7.

I did not. I agree with your logic but at that point I mine as well just use the Odyssey. I bought the er2 because I loved the shape of it.

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)

Hmmm so you guys think I could put a double bend shaft in the ER2 and make it face balanced?

When you guys received your evnroll putters did they come with plastic on the heads? Got mine and it looked like it'd been used once or twice.

I got my first putter and it had plastic on the head and grip. They shipped me the wrong one (34" at 355g) so I talked with them and I just got the other one today. It had plastic on the head but not the grip. I was told not to use the wrong one because they would restock it but that was after I already used it on the practice green. Told them about that and they said that's okay so now I'm wondering if they're just putting some new plastic on the returns and sending them back out.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

When you guys received your evnroll putters did they come with plastic on the heads? Got mine and it looked like it'd been used once or twice.

I got my first putter and it had plastic on the head and grip. They shipped me the wrong one (34" at 355g) so I talked with them and I just got the other one today. It had plastic on the head but not the grip. I was told not to use the wrong one because they would restock it but that was after I already used it on the practice green. Told them about that and they said that's okay so now I'm wondering if they're just putting some new plastic on the returns and sending them back out.

I've bought 2 ER2's since New Years and they both had the shrink-wrapped plastic on the head and grip.

My ER5 had the plastic on the head but not the grip (but the grip was in perfect shape). Also, the ER5 definitely no longer has a "tingy" sound at impact. I'm not exactly sure what they did to get rid of that sound, but the ER5 looks, feels, sounds great.

I almost ordered the ER2 because I like the look of that one too, but I'm very happy with the ER Sink-o (see what I did there). You're welcome EVNROLL marketing department and dad joke enthusiasts.

Cobra LTD X

Titleist TSi2 3W

PXG Hybrid 17/22

Srixon ZX5 5 iron

Srixon ZX7  6-PW

Ping Glide Wedges 2.0 50/54/58

Mizuno M Craft I or IV

I know a pro golfer who has been grinding on the European Challenge Tour & decided to give the ER2 a roll just last week. Before you get excited about a rave review, the jury is still out.

He is a solid putter but wasn't sinking any bombs which you need to do every so often to win big tourneys. So he's giving one a try. No love so far with a couple of missed cuts.

I played a pro am with him last year and he'd had an Odyssey (I think Rossie?) in the bag for a couple of years. At the Perth Super 6 he made the final 24 using a Heavy B1 or B3 (looked funky). Then he tried a new Scotty X6M for one tourney and gave it back after...lol.

Will see him next week and report back on the his thoughts on the ER2.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - GD Tour AD MJ 7TX
Titleist 917 F2 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Mizuno MP H4 3 Driving Iron - KBS Tour S
Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW - KBS Tour S+
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50.12°S
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10°[/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 3.0 [/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]58.09°
Scotty 2018 FB 1st of 500[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Global Ltd Fastback[/font]

Tons of talk about the er2 and rightfully so. I am interested in the mallets and wondering if anyone who has an evnroll mallet could talk about how it compares to their previous mallet. Any noticeable difference with the groove technology?

Thanks!

I will be trying my er7 tomorrow for the first time. Have an itsy spider as my gamer. I will report back after my round. I haven't even putted with it on a practice green yet.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I don't see what all the hype is about I think these are pretty average looking putters, and something with more feedback. To each his own

Umm, Ok.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I'm a right there are two different grips for the Evnroll? At first it was the Winn 1.18 with the logo of 1.18 on the butt of the grip? And now it's a custom non-taper 1.2 grip that has sort of have an E in the butt "stamped" instead?

Are both counterbalanced and how much weight are added in the grip if so?

[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 with Project Hzrdus Black[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 915F 16.5°[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist T-MB 3i
Titleist AP2 716 4-PW
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58[/font][/b]
[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Evnroll ER2[/font][/b]

The new grip is heavier. No extra butt weight.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, TM Stealth 2, 21* both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 4H & 5H, Xcaliber RTI75 S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 6-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

Thanks! Do you know how much it weighs?

[b][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade M2 with Project Hzrdus Black[/font][/b]
Titleist AP2 716 4-PW

I putted alright today. Haven't played in about 3 weeks. The grip is bigger and heavier then I'm used to. Will give it some more time and maybe change the grip out before deciding.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I putted alright today. Haven't played in about 3 weeks. The grip is bigger and heavier then I'm used to. Will give it some more time and maybe change the grip out before deciding.

I wholeheartedly agree about the grip. I had my first full 18 holes yesterday with this putter, and while I love the way it looks, the way it sits, and the way the ball comes off the face, I do not like the feel or weight of the grip. I personally do not like backweighted putters, as I tend to like a very head heavy putter. I think I am going to replace the stock grip with a Superstroke 2.0 Slim, and see if that gets me to where I want to be with the feel of the putter head.

PING G430 LST 9* 
Srixon 13.5* 
Adams LS 19* 
Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Nippon Tour 125s
Odyssey Backstryke blade 
PING/Cleveland 54* 58*

I hate backweighted putters. The smaller Evnroll pistol grip I got on my ER2 is sweet.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

I hate backweighted putters. The smaller Evnroll pistol grip I got on my ER2 is sweet.

Did you keep with the stock head weighting or go lighter?

Literally just got back from getting my ER2 grip swapped out from the thick SuperStroke grip they're selling them with now to the slimmer WinnPro 1.18 EVNROLL grip (along with counterbalance weight). Back in Jan after seeing the thread about EVNROLL switching grips I had called them and bought one of their remaining 1.18's (and corresponding weight.) Have to say I prefer the slimmer feel of the 1.18.

Did you keep with the stock head weighting or go lighter?

I went with the 355 gram head instead of the 370 at 34". It's perfect for me.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

I wholeheartedly agree about the grip. I had my first full 18 holes yesterday with this putter, and while I love the way it looks, the way it sits, and the way the ball comes off the face, I do not like the feel or weight of the grip. I personally do not like backweighted putters, as I tend to like a very head heavy putter. I think I am going to replace the stock grip with a Superstroke 2.0 Slim, and see if that gets me to where I want to be with the feel of the putter head.

Let us know how it goes.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

I swapped it it for a superstroke pistol 1.0. I have the 370 head, I'm debating whether to keep the 25 or 50g weight in. Travis emailed me and said the 25 would pay at their designed SW. I haven't derived used a CB putter, so I might wing up switching to the 355 at 34" custom without counterweight if I don't like it. But I'll give it some time.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6s - TBD upgrade

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7s - TBD upgrade

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4, CB 5-10 DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54S/60S DG S300

TaylorMade Spider X

I don't remember exactly, but should be around 110g, we talked about it during my fitting. I should know shortly as mine is being shipped without the grip installed. The length is 33.5 with 370g head. I'm installing an SS 2.0 with 50g weight. We agreed that it i would use the 50g weight to match the original.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, TM Stealth 2, 21* both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 4H & 5H, Xcaliber RTI75 S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 6-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

I don't remember exactly, but should be around 110g, we talked about it during my fitting. I should know shortly as mine is being shipped without the grip installed. The length is 33.5 with 370g head. I'm installing an SS 2.0 with 50g weight. We agreed that it i would use the 50g weight to match the original.

Thanks for the information!

Titleist AP2 716 4-PW

Okay, so the pro I mentioned just came back from three missed cuts, all by a shot - NZ PGA, NZ Open & Qld PGA. Interestingly he has been striking the ball well but feels he lacks the length off the tee to compete with the longer players when they're on.

As mentioned, he has also been critical of his clutch putting. Not just the bombs you have to occasionally get but the 6-7 footers to save par here & there.

Of his 3 tournaments, he had one round with the Scotty X6M & 2 with the Evnroll ER2 34". His comments suggested it was just a bit too different for him and he was going to try and get back to a Ping Scottsdale that he liked in earlier days.

He did say that it lined up and rolled pure, which was positive. And yes, he had plenty of downtime to grind out his putting whilst away and couldn't get confident enough to persevere.

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - GD Tour AD MJ 7TX
Titleist 917 F2 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Mizuno MP H4 3 Driving Iron - KBS Tour S
Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW - KBS Tour S+
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50.12°S
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10°[/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 3.0 [/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]58.09°
Scotty 2018 FB 1st of 500[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Global Ltd Fastback[/font]