Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also sounds like from this thread there were agreements for putters to be made but they were sold to others.. i’m sure not the same agreements but an agreement is an agreement to a customer

One man story is not every story.

It could be true, could be misinformation but not every company gets it right all of the time.

Growing pains happen with small companies and big ones as well.

Unless he sales 100 putter at one time not everyone will be happy. It goes back to the fact not everyone can get one— a lot of people do not like that. We live in a world of we want now.

Patience is a virtue even when it is running out..

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
protos F4

If I had to guess, it would be because maybe the Lambs value[d] Butler's reputation and prestige and had an agreement made with him. If you or I were Jim and had the reputation and needed to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing. If you or I were Tyson or Tana and didn't have a reputation and need to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing.

???

He sold how many putters in seconds? How does tablerock add value to the process exactly? Other than "that's how scotty did it"

(Yes, I feel that to this point Tyson is taking the scotty playbook to a circle t)

This has been discussed many times. Butler has been in the high end Scotty game for a very long time. He knows how to do it. Im sure he keeps very good records of everyone he’s ever sold to over the years. Names, phone numbers, emails, what they’ve bought. A few years ago when Tyson was essentially unknown those contacts were absolutely invaluable to Tyson..

Jim was given exclusive resale rights to Tyson’s putters and Tyson got access to an instant mega collector client list. A match made in heaven.

Jim started offering his “special” customers direct access to Tyson’s full custom putters, suggesting they get in at ground level with this new kid who’s going to be big time one day.

Fast forward a few years and things have exploded and Jim isn't actually needed anymore, but there is an Agreement in place which will continue to be honored because that agreement is what enabled this conversation on this thread to even take place.

Without Jim and his contacts and marketing expertise, Tyson would not be where he is today. Period. I would be willing to bet Jim will be allowed to make good money selling Tyson’s stuff as long as he walks this earth and Tyson will always be indebted to him for his help.

I LOL at this sounding like how boy bands get their start...

Laugh if you like, but it’s pure marketing genius. Tyson and Jim are certainly laughing all the way to the bank.

I actually don’t collect, or want to collect Tyson’s stuff. I like most of it and respect it for what it is, but I’m just not a “collector” type. To me it’s like hoarding. I just don’t really get it. I can’t fathom why someone would want 18 doughnut markers and 40 covers. It’s just plain weird to me.

I follow this thread and the Instagram account because I have a background in marketing and business. I used to work for one of the Golf companies out in So.Cal., which will remain nameless. I love the story about how all of this has evolved. How the “brand” took shape and how everything took off in the last couple of years.. It’s really quite interesting.

I also may be a bit sociopathic Because I find it strangely entertaining to see so many grown men whining and crying over not getting anything, and cart sniping, and not enough product, and why can’t he make more? and “why should I pay Jim more money to get one?”

Well said! but I'm the type of person who would laugh at someone texting that fall into a water fountain, maybe we are the crazies here?

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

If I had to guess, it would be because maybe the Lambs value[d] Butler's reputation and prestige and had an agreement made with him. If you or I were Jim and had the reputation and needed to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing. If you or I were Tyson or Tana and didn't have a reputation and need to make a living, we'd probably do the same thing.

???

He sold how many putters in seconds? How does tablerock add value to the process exactly? Other than "that's how scotty did it"

(Yes, I feel that to this point Tyson is taking the scotty playbook to a circle t)

This has been discussed many times. Butler has been in the high end Scotty game for a very long time. He knows how to do it. Im sure he keeps very good records of everyone he’s ever sold to over the years. Names, phone numbers, emails, what they’ve bought. A few years ago when Tyson was essentially unknown those contacts were absolutely invaluable to Tyson..

Jim was given exclusive resale rights to Tyson’s putters and Tyson got access to an instant mega collector client list. A match made in heaven.

Jim started offering his “special” customers direct access to Tyson’s full custom putters, suggesting they get in at ground level with this new kid who’s going to be big time one day.

Fast forward a few years and things have exploded and Jim isn't actually needed anymore, but there is an Agreement in place which will continue to be honored because that agreement is what enabled this conversation on this thread to even take place.

Without Jim and his contacts and marketing expertise, Tyson would not be where he is today. Period. I would be willing to bet Jim will be allowed to make good money selling Tyson’s stuff as long as he walks this earth and Tyson will always be indebted to him for his help.

I LOL at this sounding like how boy bands get their start...

Laugh if you like, but it’s pure marketing genius. Tyson and Jim are certainly laughing all the way to the bank.

I actually don’t collect, or want to collect Tyson’s stuff. I like most of it and respect it for what it is, but I’m just not a “collector” type. To me it’s like hoarding. I just don’t really get it. I can’t fathom why someone would want 18 doughnut markers and 40 covers. It’s just plain weird to me.

I follow this thread and the Instagram account because I have a background in marketing and business. I used to work for one of the Golf companies out in So.Cal., which will remain nameless. I love the story about how all of this has evolved. How the “brand” took shape and how everything took off in the last couple of years.. It’s really quite interesting.

I also may be a bit sociopathic Because I find it strangely entertaining to see so many grown men whining and crying over not getting anything, and cart sniping, and not enough product, and why can’t he make more? and “why should I pay Jim more money to get one?”

The facebook page is really interesting.

...hes done 5 putters a month total for 2 years...??

That's it?

math is funny when you are using averages. your statement is correct if we were going by averages. but lets use a hypothetical to point out how i disagree with your comment. lets say i started a company called choking chickens by santo 2 years ago. lets say in those 2 years i have choked approx. 250 chickens. but lets say since this last december i have choked about 160 chickens. my question to you would be if i only choked 90 chickens in my first 18 months in business but ive choked 160 in the last 6 months would you still say i choke 10 chickens a month for the last 2 years? or would you say im becoming a more efficient chicken choker?

if we go by averages Tyson made his first putter 6 years ago.......so he have made far fewer then 5 a month since then. he released 30 putters yesterday and said in writing on instagram that people should expect that to be the monthly number going forward.

id love to stay and chat.....but i have to go and choke a chicken...........

Santo - i wasn't trying to pick a fight but - that number was just proof of the fact that at this moment he's been more of an accessories maker than a putter maker. sure, the ones he does make are nice -- for the few that get them.

choking his chickens or not - IF he does produce that many monthly it's a different story. i think it's even more astonishing that he's only made that many putters and a few people have multiples (customs). that one dood jbressgolf on insta or whatever has 5 i think.

if he can keep his business going - awesome for him - he makes great stuff but man, that ain't a lot of supply.

I wasn’t fighting with you bro. Just posting what I thought was a funny reply. I guess I failed

If 30 putters sold out in 16 seconds either a few things happened, 1. People knew what was coming. 2. About half of them were sold before even hitting the website. One of the oldest putter marketing tricks in the book. Especially when the goal is to get a putter in someones hand Who doesn’t have one, I’m sure arrangements have been made. Those who already have one I’m sure wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to double what they paid.

I will guarantee with my entire collection of all my putters from each maker that there was not a single presale on the 30. 30 went up. No one knew anymore then Tyson posted on insta. All 30 went in 16 seconds.

That's it?

math is funny when you are using averages. your statement is correct if we were going by averages. but lets use a hypothetical to point out how i disagree with your comment. lets say i started a company called choking chickens by santo 2 years ago. lets say in those 2 years i have choked approx. 250 chickens. but lets say since this last december i have choked about 160 chickens. my question to you would be if i only choked 90 chickens in my first 18 months in business but ive choked 160 in the last 6 months would you still say i choke 10 chickens a month for the last 2 years? or would you say im becoming a more efficient chicken choker?

if we go by averages Tyson made his first putter 6 years ago.......so he have made far fewer then 5 a month since then. he released 30 putters yesterday and said in writing on instagram that people should expect that to be the monthly number going forward.

Santo - i wasn't trying to pick a fight but - that number was just proof of the fact that at this moment he's been more of an accessories maker than a putter maker. sure, the ones he does make are nice -- for the few that get them.

choking his chickens or not - IF he does produce that many monthly it's a different story. i think it's even more astonishing that he's only made that many putters and a few people have multiples (customs). that one dood jbressgolf on insta or whatever has 5 i think.

if he can keep his business going - awesome for him - he makes great stuff but man, that ain't a lot of supply.

I wasn’t fighting with you bro. Just posting what I thought was a funny reply. I guess I failed ��

lol i can't say i've ever had someone relate to choking chickens, math and putters.

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

That's it?

Gio

You have to realize that he went through Table Rock for some and got some in trades/purchase from others. He is a big collector of all golf things.

Anyone here can contact Table Rock about order if yall want but it comes at a higher price point

So go through Jim Butler and spend more? Isn’t that what people are doing with the proclaimed inner circle? Wouldn’t going through the Butlers drive people away if they have to spend more money for the same waiting time or are the Butlers at the top of the list? Why not just pay TL more to get it done faster, why the middle man???

You are right. It’s a silly situation. But as Tyson’s only US distributors they are given special acces. Some people don’t mind spending extra for speed.

It also sounds like from this thread there were agreements for putters to be made but they were sold to others.. i’m sure not the same agreements but an agreement is an agreement to a customer

It could be true, could be misinformation but not every company gets it right all of the time.

Unless he sales 100 putter at one time not everyone will be happy. It goes back to the fact not everyone can get one— a lot of people do not like that. We live in a world of we want now.

Definitely not misinformation if you are talking about what happened in my case. What I described is exactly how it transpired.

Definitely not misinformation if you are talking about what happened in my case. What I described is exactly how it transpired.

That is why I never said it was not true.

Not trying to diminish it just making a statement

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
protos F4

Just to be clear the allendale sold out in 16 seconds. Since the Bridgeport’s weren’t correctly located in putter tab those sat a little longer. Finally during the preview he showed the f bomb which I for 1 waited to release since we are only allowed to purchase 1 putter. I could have had any of the putters yet they botched the release of the 1 putter I wanted and then had a drawing where everyone and their mother including people who already purchased one from site entered (first 2 guys passed). So I sat like a f****** idiot waiting for the preview putter I wanted to purchase and missed the entire release. Yet again another disappointment lol.

Just so everyone knows that shot me messages. I thought I at least responded to all of you. I really did try to help about 5-6people who messaged me to get a putter with Tyson. I talked with Tyson and Tana and came to the sobering conclusion that I can’t get special treatment for myself let alone anyone else. Tyson told me it wouldn’t be fair to all the other people waiting. Now perhaps one day I will be a concierge for Lamb Crafted and have some pull. But right now Tyson feels the fairest way is to tell everyone when the release will be and let everyone have the same chance to get something.

When 30 sticks go for sale and you have 3000 people all trying to buy at once it kinda goes quick. And as for the comment Tyson isn’t a putter maker but an accessories maker, I don’t think that is fair. As again he has produced nearly 140 putters in the last 6 months if not more. The demand for Tyson is just a lot higher then all of the other boutique putter makers in the game. Bettie and Cameron are in big box stores with OEM options. Piretti has a team making his putters. Lamont (who makes dope stuff) probably hasn’t made 140 sticks in the last 6 months. Not sure about Byron’s numbers or operations and if he has a team to help him. And on top of all this Tyson has made thousands of accessories and designed dozens and released thousands of hardcovers. So.............

No matter what not everyone will always be happy. I’m just saying Tyson is in such high demand I myself can’t get a putter made. And I’m. It allowed to have a chance to buy during releases to give new peeps a chance. In all honesty and sincerity if anyone has any good suggestions that allows Tyson to make every putter himself still please send me a message and let me know your idea. I will for sure run it by Tyson. But if your idea is for Tyson to hire someone to help him make putters then it’s dumb. Because only Tyson will make Tyson’s putters. That’s what’s special about them.

Just so everyone knows that shot me messages. I thought I at least responded to all of you. I really did try to help about 5-6people who messaged me to get a putter with Tyson. I talked with Tyson and Tana and came to the sobering conclusion that I can’t get special treatment for myself let alone anyone else. Tyson told me it wouldn’t be fair to all the other people waiting. Now perhaps one day I will be a concierge for Lamb Crafted and have some pull. But right now Tyson feels the fairest way is to tell everyone when the release will be and let everyone have the same chance to get something.

When 30 sticks go for sale and you have 3000 people all trying to buy at once it kinda goes quick. And as for the comment Tyson isn’t a putter maker but an accessories maker, I don’t think that is fair. As again he has produced nearly 140 putters in the last 6 months if not more. The demand for Tyson is just a lot higher then all of the other boutique putter makers in the game. Bettie and Cameron are in big box stores with OEM options. Piretti has a team making his putters. Lamont (who makes dope stuff) probably hasn’t made 140 sticks in the last 6 months. Not sure about Byron’s numbers or operations and if he has a team to help him. And on top of all this Tyson has made thousands of accessories and designed dozens and released thousands of hardcovers. So.............

No matter what not everyone will always be happy. I’m just saying Tyson is in such high demand I myself can’t get a putter made. And I’m. It allowed to have a chance to buy during releases to give new peeps a chance. In all honesty and sincerity if anyone has any good suggestions that allows Tyson to make every putter himself still please send me a message and let me know your idea. I will for sure run it by Tyson. But if your idea is for Tyson to hire someone to help him make putters then it’s dumb. Because only Tyson will make Tyson’s putters. That’s what’s special about them.

Hire people to do EVERYTHING other than making putters. Let Tyson focus on making putters.

He has put no time into headcovers lately outside of the lamb jam one which was of course just for his buddies. The bulk of covers released are the same quilted ones in a different color priced a 200. Masters cover was incredibly underwhelming. Past actual design was probably NBA and candy cane both tanking on the secondary. When's the last time covers have lasted on his website more than a day? It's just getting f rustrating seeing the same cover recycled all still while not being able to get a putter

Also I can contact any of the putter manufacturers you mentioned and get a custom order started. May take 8 weeks but still. Can't do that with Tyson.

Funny thing about lamb jam is there's no chance I could ever attend since I don't have access to a putter. I've spent thousands and thousands on the website releases but the reality is you can only buy so much in a minute so the same "in" guys will continue to get to go to lamb jam because that is who they want there.

And sorry Raiders you absolutely get special treatment as do a lot of lamb insiders and we can continue to debate that all you want. You can pm me to discuss or find me on Facebook and we can chat as its not hard to figure out who I am.

Rant over lol

He has put no time into headcovers lately outside of the lamb jam one which was of course just for his buddies. The bulk of covers released are the same quilted ones in a different color priced a 200. Masters cover was incredibly underwhelming. Past actual design was probably NBA and candy cane both tanking on the secondary. When's the last time covers have lasted on his website more than a day? It's just getting f rustrating seeing the same cover recycled all still while not being able to get a putter

Also I can contact any of the putter manufacturers you mentioned and get a custom order started. May take 8 weeks but still. Can't do that with Tyson.

Funny thing about lamb jam is there's no chance I could ever attend since I don't have access to a putter. I've spent thousands and thousands on the website releases but the reality is you can only buy so much in a minute so the same "in" guys will continue to get to go to lamb jam because that is who they want there.

And sorry Raiders you absolutely get special treatment as do a lot of lamb insiders and we can continue to debate that all you want. You can pm me to discuss or find me on Facebook and we can chat as its not hard to figure out who I am.

Rant over lol

Have you contacted Jim at table rock about doing a full custom? It sounds like that’s the way to go.

Rant over lol

Personally I think the Tyson’s covers are classy. But to each his own. I understand the frustration. I’m not asking for sympathy nor do I take offense to anything anyone says. As far as LambJam goes the 30 people who got putters yesterday are ahead of everyone at this years Jam. Of course I get special treatment as I’m one of Tyson’s friends. I was just at his sisters wedding. But I’m saying that even I can’t get a putter made for myself with all my pull. Putters are like unicorns right now. Very difficult to get one. Not making excuses. I’m open to suggestions that I will pass along to Tyson if you have any. And I’m being sincere. I’m sure there are some very smart guys on WRX that can figure out a better way. But going forward I think 30 a month is a good number as long as it’s every month.

I think it would be interesting to see the Tesla approach. I see it as a win-win. I assume he doesn’t need the capital based on reading through stuff.

If I, as a potential consumer, put $1k down with him and it saves me a spot in line, but I get an assigned spot knowing that I was #310, so in the next 11 months I will have my turn, then I can deal with that. I have personally stopped trying to race people each time, because I have been sniped multiple times with a putter in the cart. It’s hard for me to give them my money. Good problems to have, but once production does eventually ramp up, you’re going to want more people looking to drop $2k on a putter. I’d be willing to fund all or part of my order now in order to ensure a spot. Tesla also allows you once your spot is up to delay your order or even cancel and get money back if you couldn’t wait that long. It may even mean by the time I was up, I want it so bad, I spend more on custom orders and all the headcovers and ball markers that were released until my order was up. Right now, I have realized I’m not going to ever get a putter unless I reserve a night of release and then have a less than half percent chance of getting a putter. Because of this, I’ve stopped buying other accessories because I don’t want to have everything but a putter or a Lamb cover on a Betti.

For the business, it is a great story to say we have a waiting list 2 years long right now. You’re not dealing with the customer service issues of defending yourself over development or favoritism. I also think of someone like the Packers. Everyone knows how special season tickets are and those are decades in waiting. This increases the value for existing customers and those who want to pay stubhub or partners more can buy them for an elevated cost like some of these partnerships mentioned.

There’s probably not a great solution and maybe Tesla is as polarizing, but there has to be a better process for the consumer and the business. Just some additional dialogue that is something constructive and not negative.

Rant over lol

Personally I think the Tyson’s covers are classy. But to each his own. I understand the frustration. I’m not asking for sympathy nor do I take offense to anything anyone says. As far as LambJam goes the 30 people who got putters yesterday are ahead of everyone at this years Jam. Of course I get special treatment as I’m one of Tyson’s friends. I was just at his sisters wedding. But I’m saying that even I can’t get a putter made for myself with all my pull. Putters are like unicorns right now. Very difficult to get one. Not making excuses. I’m open to suggestions that I will pass along to Tyson if you have any. And I’m being sincere. I’m sure there are some very smart guys on WRX that can figure out a better way. But going forward I think 30 a month is a good number as long as it’s every month.

A better way? Don't do special releases. Allow customers to make orders and fulfill orders in a timely manner. It ain't rocket science. Custom bike builders have been doing this for years. I can get a Vanilla but it will take a while, other builders are faster. But this gives all potential buyers access and a choice. The only reason Tyson is doing it this way is to create demand and inflate price. Collectors with the disposable income chomp in line and relish in the exclusivity...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I think it would be interesting to see the Tesla approach. I see it as a win-win. I assume he doesn’t need the capital based on reading through stuff.

If I, as a potential consumer, put $1k down with him and it saves me a spot in line, but I get an assigned spot knowing that I was #310, so in the next 11 months I will have my turn, then I can deal with that. I have personally stopped trying to race people each time, because I have been sniped multiple times with a putter in the cart. It’s hard for me to give them my money. Good problems to have, but once production does eventually ramp up, you’re going to want more people looking to drop $2k on a putter. I’d be willing to fund all or part of my order now in order to ensure a spot. Tesla also allows you once your spot is up to delay your order or even cancel and get money back if you couldn’t wait that long. It may even mean by the time I was up, I want it so bad, I spend more on custom orders and all the headcovers and ball markers that were released until my order was up. Right now, I have realized I’m not going to ever get a putter unless I reserve a night of release and then have a less than half percent chance of getting a putter. Because of this, I’ve stopped buying other accessories because I don’t want to have everything but a putter or a Lamb cover on a Betti.

For the business, it is a great story to say we have a waiting list 2 years long right now. You’re not dealing with the customer service issues of defending yourself over development or favoritism. I also think of someone like the Packers. Everyone knows how special season tickets are and those are decades in waiting. This increases the value for existing customers and those who want to pay stubhub or partners more can buy them for an elevated cost like some of these partnerships mentioned.

There’s probably not a great solution and maybe Tesla is as polarizing, but there has to be a better process for the consumer and the business. Just some additional dialogue that is something constructive and not negative.

I like it. Idea has been thrown around and wouldn’t be surprised if this were eventually chosen. I deal w a knife company that goes this route and have been waiting for 2 years (expected 48 month wait time to start) and patiently have been waiting. But at least I know I have a spot. Money down to reserve, money can be refunded. But I don’t agree with the deferment if your time comes. If it’s your time, it’s your time.

I like this.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

New Divot tools just went up......and there gone! LOL!!

I actually bothered to try and get one. I do like the tools. Cart sniped while checking in to PayPal. LOL!! So funny. Now I’m one of the thousands that has been cart sniped.

I really have to say it is pathetic that you can’t even hold the thing 20 seconds to log onto your PayPal account and pay for it. That’s some sad sales software.

I actually bothered to try and get one. I do like the tools. Cart sniped while checking in to PayPal. LOL!! So funny. Now I’m one of the thousands that has been cart sniped.

I really have to say it is pathetic that you can’t even hold the thing 20 seconds to log onto your PayPal account and pay for it. That’s some sad sales software.

I have no issues patiently waiting on a putter and accessories, but will never jump on the cart sniping carousel. There's too much other quality product available in a crowded boutique market. Certainly will never pay for a putter that's been marked-up by a flipper or JB.

In the end less competition for those seeking their goods.

I'll continue to follow in the hopes that the business model may someday change. I seem to think Tyson will be gobbled up by a bigger brand before that happens.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I have no issues patiently waiting on a putter and accessories, but will never jump on the cart sniping carousel. There's too much other quality product available in a crowded boutique market. Certainly will never pay for a putter that's been marked-up by a flipper or JB.

In the end less competition for those seeking their goods.

I'll continue to follow in the hopes that the business model may someday change. I seem to think Tyson will be gobbled up by a bigger brand before that happens.

He just sold out 400 divot tools at $125 a pop I’m a matter of minutes. That’s $50,000. Dude is killing it. He’s sold 140 or so putters in the last 6 months at an average of $2000 a pop. That’s $280,000

Add to that a few hundred head covers at an average of $100 a pop. That’s Maybe other $50,000 plus hundreds of ball markers at $65 each. Another $40,000+. Plus lots more divot tools etc. and his side work.

It’s Completely safe to say He’s grossed over $500,000 in the last six months. I’d say he’s doing just fine.

If I were him I’d love doing my own thing and not selling out to a big company. It’s nice to have total control over your own business. I’ve had a couple of my own businesses in my lifetime. It’s nice to do exactly what you want with it.

Rant over lol

Replace Lamb with Cameron and you got,,,, well, history repeating itself,,,

Only difference is that there was plenty of Cameron putters out, its the trinket market he developed starting with the head covers,,,,

This is becoming almost as interesting as the Kirkland Golf Ball thread,,,,,,

I like it. Idea has been thrown around and wouldn’t be surprised if this were eventually chosen. I deal w a knife company that goes this route and have been waiting for 2 years (expected 48 month wait time to start) and patiently have been waiting. But at least I know I have a spot. Money down to reserve, money can be refunded. But I don’t agree with the deferment if your time comes. If it’s your time, it’s your time.

I like this.

Interested in this post. Off topic, but I've been huge into the custom knife world for a pretty long time now (less so in the past year, spending more time enjoying using my knives instead of chasing them), and am curious to which knife maker/company you're waiting on. You can PM me that if you're inclined, and not post it to the thread to further derail it.

But yes, I've thought to myself that this Lamb putter thing is A LOT like many of the custom knife makers that I've watched attempt to enter the VERY LUCRATIVE world of custom knives over the years, and truly screw it up royally. Yes, even those knife makers initially drew huge demand and dollars (thousands of $$ for these knives, as you probably know) and see the secondary market price skyrocket for a few years as they (the makers) purposely keep supply low, catering to their friends/inner circle, demand peaking, then dropping off the planet as people that are tired of trying to play the games to obtain a piece they actually want to use move on to a maker they can actually get pieces from at similar or better quality.

I've seen this play out many, many times in that world (knife making), and this Lamb thing looks all too familiar. Same types of comments, posts, complaints, etc. Maybe Tyson can pull it off and get on track, but I've already had a terrible experience with their outfit in the beginning, way before they were even in demand like now. And they (Tyson and his mom) made the same types of mistakes that I've seen those Insta-famous knife makers make before they killed their own demand and secondary market. Down to the T of partnering up with a "dealer" who gets to make as much, if not more on the maker's work than the maker does.