Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Interesting trivia question. Can non-members who ordered online take advantage of the same return policy as Costco members?

Yes

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist must be feeling the pressure from Ksig. I can tell by the daily commercial run including junior, ladies and tour pros.

Do you remember when it was a sin to ask about a pro v1x? Only to hear the salesman say " you can't play these balls unless you have a 105 mph swing, get the solos or DXT.."

funny now, first tee kids are in the commercial for V or X...

Ksig is lurking on that market share

Not only from the Costco ball, but the Chrome Soft as well.

I agree with your logic when applying it to avid golfers (plays at least twice a month). However if every Costco had these on the shelf, the number they might sell to the guy who plays 6 -10 times a year (which in my opinion makes up around 50% of the golfers in my area) is hard to quantify. I can tell you these golfers are rarely playing an expensive ball anyway. Costco would have a large impact on not only in the premium ball market, but also the guys who would never spend more the $15-$20 for a dozen balls at retail pricing anyway.

How much of an impact on any golf equipment items sales do the 6-10 round a year guys make?

In Socal it still adds up to a ton of balls. I see more Noodles lying around courses I play than ProV1's. My point was everyone is stating the obvious with the impact the Ksig will have on the premium market, all I was doing was observing the rest of the market and the impact it could have if the Ksig was always in stock at Costco when you go to buy your other goods.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I agree with your logic when applying it to avid golfers (plays at least twice a month). However if every Costco had these on the shelf, the number they might sell to the guy who plays 6 -10 times a year (which in my opinion makes up around 50% of the golfers in my area) is hard to quantify. I can tell you these golfers are rarely playing an expensive ball anyway. Costco would have a large impact on not only in the premium ball market, but also the guys who would never spend more the $15-$20 for a dozen balls at retail pricing anyway.

How much of an impact on any golf equipment items sales do the 6-10 round a year guys make?

In Socal it still adds up to a ton of balls. I see more Noodles lying around courses I play than ProV1's. My point was everyone is stating the obvious with the impact the Ksig will have on the premium market, all I was doing was observing the rest of the market and the impact it could have if the Ksig was always in stock at Costco when you go to buy your other goods.

For Ksig to impact the ProV market,,,,,,,,, I wonder how many guys on this thread, who are so infatuated with Ksigs, played ProV1s in the first place.

It's far more likely their NXT and Velocity would be losing market share (however small) to Ksig.

I guess time will tell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

For Ksig to impact the ProV market,,,,,,,,, I wonder how many guys on this thread, who are so infatuated with Ksigs, played ProV1s in the first place.

It's far more likely their NXT and Velocity would be losing market share (however small) to Ksig.

I bet you everything I have if the Ksig was stocked on a consistent basis, over the course of a year more and more people would start playing the ball. Titleist knows this and why they threatened to sue and Costco has filed lawsuit paperwork of their own.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I think Costco understands avid golfers stock up on balls. My guess is the KSig production cycle will be calibrated to ensure regular users will have multiple chances to replenish depleted supply...

Was watching some Titleist promotional videos to refute some <ahem> stretches of truth posted previously. Apparently the 2017 ProVs have a new version of the core and a new dimple pattern. Sounds like pretty drastic changes. Wonder how many ProV users switched to the KSig due to the design change...

I bet you everything I have if the Ksig was stocked on a consistent basis, over the course of a year more and more people would start playing the ball. Titleist knows this and why they threatened to sue and Costco has filed lawsuit paperwork of their own.

D'ohhhhh.

No need to get combative. :superman:

Of course more and more will play the ball. It's "brand new" (so to speak). It was only "discovered" what, 8 months ago ?

It's the new kid on the block and there's plenty of interest right now especially because of the price point and lack of supply.

But already the early adopters can't get the inflated prices on eBay they got before.

Like I said, time will tell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :dntknw:

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Lol, EVERYBODY has played Pro-v1s..They are expensive (for what they are) but its not like they are only obtainable for the rich. Hell, I probably find on my course as many Pro-v1s as I loose, and i even used to buy my own as a broke college student. Anybody playing that ball for the name or prestige is dillusional. Their not a freekin Bugatti or other high end luxury item..Said before a million times, most the commenters here who have a positive perspective on the Ksig have the prerequisite, bare minimum, info to intelligently participate in the convo. AS IN, played the ksig AND the Prov1 as well as other balls. I love the ProV1X, but see zero advantage to it above the KSIG. 15 vs 45...simple numbers...

I think Costco understands avid golfers stock up on balls. My guess is the KSig production cycle will be calibrated to ensure regular users will have multiple chances to replenish depleted supply...

Was watching some Titleist promotional videos to refute some <ahem> stretches of truth posted previously. Apparently the 2017 ProVs have a new version of the core and a new dimple pattern. Sounds like pretty drastic changes. Wonder how many ProV users switched to the KSig due to the design change...

i haven't tried the '17 pro V's yet but there was a lot of confusion as they made it seem like the characteristics of each ball was swapped. though I've noticed they're really pushing their ball now on a lot of commercials.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Lol, EVERYBODY has played Pro-v1s..They are expensive (for what they are) but its not like they are only obtainable for the rich. Hell, I probably find on my course as many Pro-v1s as I loose, and i even used to buy my own as a broke college student. Anybody playing that ball for the name or prestige is dillusional. Their not a freekin Bugatti or other high end luxury item..Said before a million times, most the commenters here who have a positive perspective on the Ksig have the prerequisite, bare minimum, info to intelligently participate in the convo. AS IN, played the ksig AND the Prov1 as well as other balls. I love the ProV1X, but see zero advantage to it above the KSIG. 15 vs 45...simple numbers...

Everybody Gracie ? You can go through 300 pages to find out but not me.

But it doesnt' matter anyway.

The point isn't who has TRIED the ProV1, the point is who's DITCHING the ProV1 for the Ksig. Only THAT will eat into the ProV share.

And most(?) of the posters in this thread who are head over heels over the Ksig have a handicap (if it's even there on their profile) of double digits - not likely the ProV is their "go to" ball.

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Titleist changed the ProV1 every couple years, just not the name.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Prior to KSig I played preowned 2016 Pro V1, Chrome Soft and Bridgestone B330RX. I can get the KSigs for less than the 5A preowned balls and they perform as well or better for me.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Not exactly true. Although they would tweak the cover formula or dimple design, the ProV1 has been largely unchanged for a long time. This time the changes were real in that they gave it a new core. It is actually different this time around.

The point isn't who has TRIED the ProV1, the point is who's DITCHING the ProV1 for the Ksig. Only THAT will eat into the ProV share.

And most(?) of the posters in this thread who are head over heels over the Ksig have a handicap (if it's even there on their profile) of double digits - not likely the ProV is their "go to" ball.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't know that as a single digit capper, I needed to update my profile with my 'cap. I apologize for this breach of etiquette. As for the ProV, I will bet that if only single digit cappers played them, THAT would definitely cut into Titleist's profits. Let's not pretend single digit cappers are their top customers.

Not exactly true. Although they would tweak the cover formula or dimple design, the ProV1 has been largely unchanged for a long time. This time the changes were real in that they gave it a new core. It is actually different this time around.

So they've been short for awhile now? Even Michael Breed admitted last year's version was short. Judging by this year's big changes, they knew their product was inferior, yah? ;)

So they've been short for awhile now? Even Michael Breed admitted last year's version was short. Judging by this year's big changes, they knew their product was inferior, yah? ;)

Yah :swoon:

Saw these on ebay... Same guy here who made some yellow ones possibly?

Could be. If a golf ball is manufactured in a different color each color must be on the conforming ball list

to be "legal" for play. No Kirkland balls of a different color on the list. Just an Ebay seller being an opportunist dying them

pink as his ad states he did.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't know that as a single digit capper, I needed to update my profile with my 'cap. I apologize for this breach of etiquette. As for the ProV, I will bet that if only single digit cappers played them, THAT would definitely cut into Titleist's profits. Let's not pretend single digit cappers are their top customers.

Nice try. :rolleyes: Not.

Nobody said you had to post your handicap. :rtfm:

But thanks fer playin'. :hi:

Ping Glide Pro 48*

The dying process is quite easy.. RIT proline dye powder, and boiling water. Drop the balls in and stir for 20 minutes. Some golf balls do not take the dye well, some do not take the dyeing process well. ProV1s do "ok" Zstars do not do well, as the Urethane cover deteriorates due to the heat of the water. MG's and Kirklands seem to do well.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I disagree. they made changes every couple of years that made noticeable changes to how the ball played and felt. From Titleist Press releases talking about what they improved on the prior version

2015-new cover, softer feel, more short game spin, more durable

2013-even softer feel, longer distance due to less long game spin and a shallower angle of descent for even more roll

2011-improved spin control, more durable, new core, new aerodynamics and dimples(sizes and number), new casing layer

Whether these changes made it a better ball for a given player Titleist certainly touted them all as changes and improved technology

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I disagree. they made changes every couple of years that made noticeable changes to how the ball played and felt. From Titleist Press releases talking about what they improved on the prior version

2013-even softer feel, longer distance due to less long game spin and a shallower angle of descent for even more roll

2011-improved spin control, more durable, new core, new aerodynamics and dimples(sizes and number), new casing layer

Whether these changes made it a better ball for a given player Titleist certainly touted them all as changes and improved technology

Sounds a bit like marketing more than real change.

Like Taylormade saying every driver is longer than the previous.

Are the ProV1s all different from model to model? Absolutely. Are they different to the point you could hit a 2013 and a 2015 in a blind test and know which was which? I don't think I could. Some might

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Sounds a bit like marketing more than real change.

Like Taylormade saying every driver is longer than the previous.

Are the ProV1s all different from model to model? Absolutely. Are they different to the point you could hit a 2013 and a 2015 in a blind test and know which was which? I don't think I could. Some might

Many on here report that the last version was short and why they introduced drastic changes this time. I don't recall previous versions labelled short.

Played 36 yesterday. 75 degrees 7mph wind. Perfect day for golf. Home course..

First 18 played a mix of the Prov1x and Kirkland. Shot 77 which is a decent score for me. Lost zero balls. Ball striking was good. Putting was a little off though.

Second 18, played only the Kirkland since I was swinging well enough that I wasn't worried about losing a Kirkland. Shot my personal best - 72:)

On 2 holes had personal best drives (for those holes anyway).

Kirkland going in my little trophy case!

The dying process is quite easy.. RIT proline dye powder, and boiling water. Drop the balls in and stir for 20 minutes. Some golf balls do not take the dye well, some do not take the dyeing process well. ProV1s do "ok" Zstars do not do well, as the Urethane cover deteriorates due to the heat of the water. MG's and Kirklands seem to do well.

Yes it was... Thanks Gator!

Saw these on ebay... Same guy here who made some yellow ones possibly?

Nah wasn't me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Humm may have to try that out for a fun experiment.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

totally off topic, but is your avatar Mr. Perfect bowling?!?!

Humm may have to try that out for a fun experiment.

There is no way I would do this unless I was planning on eating them. I'm just thinking that boiling a golf ball for 20 minutes has to affect it's characteristics in some regards doesn't it?