2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Just ordered 2 Doz KSig4

Got an order confirmation

Will update when I get a shipping notification

It appears they are still available

Just got shipping notification today

Still available

It is no longer posted on their site. The direct link to the product shows as out of stock.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

so like I said before, this will go away in the 4pc, once the 100 months are over..once the inventory is gone, she gone....you are seeing the transition happening to a new factory already...

so, is it your understand that they have been using found cores all along? for every single 4pc KSig release?

it will be same ball now, very small amounts...found more overrun cores... :not_i:

There is a reason why you dont see them anymore, and anymore at that price... There is so much to this story which unfortunately cannot be told to you guys.. someday maybe you will hear the whole true story behind this.. But for now, you will not see them back as that ball again.

i certainly wish you could share more of the true story behind this, to put an end to the speculation that has been going on in this thread.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Other than golfwrx and a few other forums, where is Costco in the news about golf balls? Of the total golf community, I would think forums represent a very small portion. I'm just not seeing Kirkland golf balls "in the news" and that argument doesn't make sense. Dean Snell makes a lot of good points but I can't agree in the news marketing is one of them.

You think Costco is holding back Ksig's because they want to stay "in the news?" I seriously doubt that. More like the factory they got the ksig from won't deliver beyond the limited numbers we have seen up to this point due to various issues including back door pressure from other customers they have. And yes, it's obvious that the 3 piece is a way to increase supply. You can bet the new factory won't be holding back due to back door pressure from OEM ball sellers like Taylormade etc either too.

Absolutely... why wouldnt they want to stay in news every month, until they were able to start up a new ball and new factory... you think it would make more sense to sell everything you have made in one month, then be silent for 6 months or more?

No chance. This whole Ksig thing blew up on them (Costco) with outstanding word of mouth. There is no way they knew this would happen from the start, which is what your post suggests (them holding back balls from the start.) Plus, the profit from these balls is next to nothing in the grand Costco scheme. You think they have some grand strategy to take over the ball market? LOL Dean. Come on. Really? It's pretty obvious that Nassau signed some contract with Costco to supply balls and then things blew up so they hedged. It's almost certain that Nassau received back door pressure from other customers to either slow down deliveries or stop altogether. The new 3 piece ball is almost certainly a response to short supply of the Ksig and all the positive word of mouth. End of story.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

After the first release and craze it created, it made it in the wall street journal and some others.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-most-coveted-ball-in-golf-is-from-costco-1484832756

Other than golfwrx and a few other forums, where is Costco in the news about golf balls? Of the total golf community, I would think forums represent a very small portion. I'm just not seeing Kirkland golf balls "in the news" and that argument doesn't make sense. Dean Snell makes a lot of good points but I can't agree in the news marketing is one of them.

The balls look only slightly different, why do some people think these are ugly?

I didn't get that either. The dimple pattern is certainly different than the original KSigs and slightly less defined than some others but not that much really.

Details. You're the type that see it or you don't.

Wish I didn't. Life would be easier.

I hate the look of TPU golf balls. But for this price I will play them, because they still perform.

I understand analyzing and over analyzing... while I used to be, I am no longer a victim of the latter. But I get ya 100% sometimes the small things just bug the heck out of me!

so like I said before, this will go away in the 4pc, once the 100 months are over..once the inventory is gone, she gone....you are seeing the transition happening to a new factory already...

so, is it your understand that they have been using found cores all along? for every single 4pc KSig release?

it will be same ball now, very small amounts...found more overrun cores... :not_i:

There is a reason why you dont see them anymore, and anymore at that price... There is so much to this story which unfortunately cannot be told to you guys.. someday maybe you will hear the whole true story behind this.. But for now, you will not see them back as that ball again.

i certainly wish you could share more of the true story behind this, to put an end to the speculation that has been going on in this thread.

No one can share what they (he) really does not know. IMO, I think Snell is speaking from a general industry knowledge and competitive point of view and I take what he says with a huge grain of salt.

That said I think he is trying to be informative as he can in relation to what the KSIG ball situation might be and is not trying to deceive anyone. Either way though, the reality is he may be right or he may be wrong regarding any such opinions.

After the first release and craze it created, it made it in the wall street journal and some others.

https://www.wsj.com/...stco-1484832756

While that may be true wbond, I'm questioning remaining in the news for "100 months".

Just ordered 2 Doz KSig4

Still available

It is no longer posted on their site. The direct link to the product shows as out of stock.

The original is out of stock, the 3 piece is still available.

Just ordered 2 Doz KSig4

Still available

That's because people haven't discovered that the 3 piece is a better ball! :swoon:

It's almost certain that Nassau received back door pressure from other customers to either slow down deliveries or stop altogether.

Did you perhaps mean to say "IP holders" rather than "other customers"?

i don't think he did.

otherwise he would have used different letters.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Just ordered 2 Doz KSig4

Still available

Probably the "new normal".

Just ordered 2 Doz KSig4

Still available

Probably the "new normal".

Could be. I am holding out hope that they will play similar to a Chrome Soft or a Z Star. If it is even close, I may just stick to them if they are consistently available. If I could get out and actually play them, it would help. Then I could stock up now while I know they are available. But, it is looking like our season won't be starting until the end of this month, at the earliest. More than likely, we won't be playing outside until May. And even then, I don't know when the course will be fully recovered from the winter.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

You think Costco is holding back Ksig's because they want to stay "in the news?" I seriously doubt that. More like the factory they got the ksig from won't deliver beyond the limited numbers we have seen up to this point due to various issues including back door pressure from other customers they have. And yes, it's obvious that the 3 piece is a way to increase supply. You can bet the new factory won't be holding back due to back door pressure from OEM ball sellers like Taylormade etc either too.

Absolutely... why wouldnt they want to stay in news every month, until they were able to start up a new ball and new factory... you think it would make more sense to sell everything you have made in one month, then be silent for 6 months or more?

No chance. This whole Ksig thing blew up on them (Costco) with outstanding word of mouth. There is no way they knew this would happen from the start, which is what your post suggests (them holding back balls from the start.) Plus, the profit from these balls is next to nothing in the grand Costco scheme. You think they have some grand strategy to take over the ball market? LOL Dean. Come on. Really? It's pretty obvious that Nassau signed some contract with Costco to supply balls and then things blew up so they hedged. It's almost certain that Nassau received back door pressure from other customers to either slow down deliveries or stop altogether. The new 3 piece ball is almost certainly a response to short supply of the Ksig and all the positive word of mouth. End of story.

I'm not defending anything. But, I was just in touch with Costco's Kirkland team and was told that both balls will only be available twice per year and they could not provide the date for when the four piece will be returning (for the second time per year).

It's almost certain that Nassau received back door pressure from other customers to either slow down deliveries or stop altogether.

If "IP holders" pressure was responsible for slow deliveries then why did deliveries continue at all? :tongue:

If "IP holders" pressure was responsible for slow deliveries then why did deliveries continue at all? :tongue:

Perhaps the “deliveries” ceased lobg ago?

It is entirely possible that Costco has long had all the “K-Sig 4” balls ever made in a warehouse and are just parceling them out a few at a time, twice a year.

That theory is exactly as consistent with the available evidence as your theory.

I was just in touch with Costco's Kirkland team and was told that both balls will only be available twice per year and they could not provide the date for when the four piece will be returning (for the second time per year).

mr. snell said the original KSig golf ball was going away forever. last october.

and again, earlier today.

so obviously that can't be true. ;)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

my post does not suggest they were holding from the start... the factory is capable of making X doz balls... cannot make X plus one doz... so plans are to make your orders every month...these orders are very small amounts and when the buzz hit here in other news sites, this small amount obviously sold our fast.. within minutes.. that because the volumes are very small, and limited per month... now, if you are suddenly told that you are not going to get anymore after a certain month, my suggestion (and is only my thought) is that will get all they can, keep them in some warehouse, and the release some (alittle a time), hence they continue to sell out quickly.... and next month do the same.. in the meantime, they have to find another supplier (who cannot make this same ball due to technology and patent issues), but may be able to make something different.. so this takes time to do this... at least 6 months minimum to get all packaging, USGA listings, etc in place, plus over a month on the water to get here.. so it does take time.. lots of time... so, my suggestion was you have two decisions to make.. one is to continue to release this small volume out each month, sell out within the day, then keep people checking for next release.. or second is to sell all them you have remaining, be sold out in that first month.. then nothing for 6 months... my thought is it makes more sense to keep this buzz going.. it is only an opinion, and everyone has their own.. I am not saying this is fact and I know for sure.. but what I do know for sure is what happened, how it happened, what the balls are, how many they got, how many were shipped... and like a few months ago, someday I hope to be able to share some of this with everyone.. but due to contracts and patent issues and lawsuits on going, I am not allowed to comment on those details... when I said in the news, I think these forums are news, as well as other forums, as well as wall street journal, golf.com, golf digest, etc... so for sure its been in the golf news...for the comment on 100 months, it was an example of having just 100 golf balls and selling one a month.. just a scenario.. not saying it will last 100 months..

my post does not suggest they were holding from the start... the factory is capable of making X doz balls... cannot make X plus one doz... so plans are to make your orders every month...these orders are very small amounts and when the buzz hit here in other news sites, this small amount obviously sold our fast.. within minutes.. that because the volumes are very small, and limited per month... now, if you are suddenly told that you are not going to get anymore after a certain month, my suggestion (and is only my thought) is that will get all they can, keep them in some warehouse, and the release some (alittle a time), hence they continue to sell out quickly.... and next month do the same.. in the meantime, they have to find another supplier (who cannot make this same ball due to technology and patent issues), but may be able to make something different.. so this takes time to do this... at least 6 months minimum to get all packaging, USGA listings, etc in place, plus over a month on the water to get here.. so it does take time.. lots of time... so, my suggestion was you have two decisions to make.. one is to continue to release this small volume out each month, sell out within the day, then keep people checking for next release.. or second is to sell all them you have remaining, be sold out in that first month.. then nothing for 6 months... my thought is it makes more sense to keep this buzz going.. it is only an opinion, and everyone has their own.. I am not saying this is fact and I know for sure.. but what I do know for sure is what happened, how it happened, what the balls are, how many they got, how many were shipped... and like a few months ago, someday I hope to be able to share some of this with everyone.. but due to contracts and patent issues and lawsuits on going, I am not allowed to comment on those details... when I said in the news, I think these forums are news, as well as other forums, as well as wall street journal, golf.com, golf digest, etc... so for sure its been in the golf news...for the comment on 100 months, it was an example of having just 100 golf balls and selling one a month.. just a scenario.. not saying it will last 100 months..

Mr. Snell are you a party to the lawsuits, a material witness or under a non-disclosure with TItleist, Costco, Nassau Golf or any of their affiliates?

Mr. Snell are you a party to the lawsuits, a material witness or under a non-disclosure with TItleist, Costco, Nassau Golf or any of their affiliates?

yes.

Perhaps the "deliveries" ceased lobg ago?

It is entirely possible that Costco has long had all the "K-Sig 4" balls ever made in a warehouse and are just parceling them out a few at a time, twice a year.

That theory is exactly as consistent with the available evidence as your theory.

You just like to argue. We don't have any real evidence so it's all conjecture right? Why not "the balls were a gift from god?" No evidence to the contrary right?

BTW, the Ksig drops were more often than "twice per year" so there goes that theory.

Just curious if one day the KSIG actually ran dry and Costco approached Snell and said we want to buy 100000 dozen MTB Blacks and another 100000 dozen Reds, how low could Costco get the price ? Obviously Dean would cut some corners like eliminating shipping and some advertising expenses along the way. If Dean can sell in bulk direct to the enduser for $26 a dozen, could Costco be able to sell the same ball to the end user for $20 a dozen?

If I walked into a Costco and saw a double dozen for $39.99 of Snell MTB I would be pretty darn happy.

I know this goes against the business model Dean has in place but just wondering if those price points are even obtainable.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I think it would make sense to sell what you have ASAP rather than dribbling them out over time and having them take up space in a warehouse somewhere in the meantime. Admittedly I'm not expert, but I'd be shocked if the balls we're seeing now were produced at the same time as the ones that came out a year and a half ago and they chose not to get their return on investment ASAP.

I didn't major in economics, but I did learn ages ago about the time value of money....money today has more value than the same amount of money tomorrow. Unless Costco is convinced the balls are driving membership sales, I don't see any reason for them to hold anything back.

Knowing Costco corporate very well, they do not like product sitting on shelves or warehouses...it’s move, move, move.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Well I hope those who stated that it won't be the same ball don't use the k3 as a cop out. Even if the latest k4 were manufactured at the same time it was a bunch of bs about it being a different ball.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

My 4 dozen K3’s arrived yesterday. I now have 9 dozen Kirkland balls at my house, which is an all time high for me. Hopefully my boys and I will get started on losing them in the near future.

At the end of the day, it is just a ball. There are some I like and some I do not. The ball might have a 1-2 stroke impact on my game at the most. An extra $10-20 per dozen is not going to break the bank. The K-Sigs may not be my favorite ball, but for the price they cannot be beat.

drn92

Ok so I did some research today and here is what I found. The new KSigs are being manufactured by the same company that made Nike golf balls, which is also manufacturing golf balls for a start up called Sphera. I found on the most recent USGA conforming list the balls are identical other than the spin rate listing which is given to the USGA by the company marketing the ball. So I contacted Sphera on their Facebook page and asked them. They replied they believe Costco is using the same manufacture as them. So from there I read through a few reviews and articles about Sphera golf balls and found out they are using a manufacturer that was making balls for a major player that just dropped out of the market. What other “major player” in the ball market has recently dropped out?

So anyway there you go. Mystery solved!

Geek4Golf