2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

If the new 4 piece was different in any way it would have to have a different side stamp on it. That is why every year Titleist has to use a new side stamp because they have changed something with the formulation. This is probably the reason they have the 3rd unreleased ball on the conforming list already called the <Performance One> it is another 4pc ball more than likely made by a different manufacturer and will replace the <Tour Performance> original ball when they run out of stock. They probably got the current manufacturer to sign a contract for another run or two of the current ball.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

If the new 4 piece was different in any way it would have to have a different side stamp on it. That is why every year Titleist has to use a new side stamp because they have changed something with the formulation. This is probably the reason they have the 3rd unreleased ball on the conforming list already called the <Performance One> it is another 4pc ball more than likely made by a different manufacturer and will replace the <Tour Performance> original ball when they run out of stock. They probably got the current manufacturer to sign a contract for another run or two of the current ball.

Or they’ve just been holding back some of the original run(s) of K-Sig until they can get the new balls in hand.

I don't know if folks noticed but the 3-pc ball being sold is not the same ball mentioned in the MGS article from last August. The ball mentioned in August had rating of M-M with markings of <Performance +>. The ball in stock now has ratings of M-H and markings <. Performance +.>

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Or they’ve just been holding back some of the original run(s) of K-Sig until they can get the new balls in hand.

Yes! On grey-market overrun cores!

The $hit that bothers me the most is that Mgs article about it being a completely different ball. I recall the got their info from a very reliable source and I have a pretty good guess as to who it was. Another side note was Golfwrx already had a 1000 page thread on the ksig before they did that comparison to the pro v in which they took all the credit for the hype it ended up generating. I pointed that out and ended up being blocked from them on Twitter. So glad we are able to speak our minds here for the most part vs being censured on the other forums.

I'm not here to defend MGS, but to be fair, their article was way outdated (mid-August) and they were comparing the 3pc to the 4pc.

See that's what I said in a earlier thread about using the 3pc as a cop out if they were wrong about the 4pc. I don't believe they were referring to the 3pc in all honesty. Otherwise it would have been worded much differently about being a totally different ball, but rather a new 3 peice addition. There shady over there so maybe I'm over reacting to it but they just piss me off lol.

Once again, not trying to defend MGS, but at least read the article before firing shots lol... they indeed specify the 3 piece ball.

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/2018-costco-signature-golf-ball/

[gimg]https://i.imgur.com/hCQmlgE.png[/gimg]

The article is crap, they make it sound like the k3 was replacing the original... The whole "the ball's coming back, but it's not the same attitude" is just bad information considering the original came back.

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

Two things this thread convinced me to do:

(1) buy Costco golf balls;

(2) not ever buy Snell balls.

I will most certainly buy Snells. This thread opened my eyes to the fact that the extra $20 per dozen buys us nothing and that low cost options are really no compromise when chosen correctly.

Problem is, I'm sitting on a #$%load of Kirkland and Z Stars due to the 20/dozen deals..

Dean has my respect despite his ideas about KSIG. Keep in mind the factory that made Dean's product made the Kirkland's. There is likely some interesting info flowing to him. He has to be carefull about what he says here for what should be obvious reasons. Peeps here need to give the guy some slack. He is supplying a hell of a good product at 27 per dozen.

I'd buy Snells if 2 conditions are met:

My total stash is in need of some refill and KSigs are not available.

I played a Snell MTB that I found in a "experienced" ball bin - looked like a one hit wonder. Played it for 3 rounds and it is indeed a great ball. But no matter how good - Ksig ~$15/dz (not including tax or shipping) is better than $27/dz...

BTW is it confirmed that the same factory makes the Ksigs? I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone with first hand knowledge (Costco, The factory, employee of the factory) to say so in the 408 pages so far.

The Ksig=Nassau Quattro. Thats confirmed.

Snells were made at Nassau, though I am not so sure the new TPU reds are made there now.

The reason I mentitled the connection was the prior affiliation and information flow that would have occurred given the circumstance.

I don’t believe it is the same ball as the Quattro. golf_ball_guts on instagram posted a side by side of the two balls cut open last August and they don’t look alike. Different layer thicknesses and colors. Didn’t read all 1000 pages though so not sure how much this was discussed.

Please post the link to this. I cannot find it. Nassau themselves said it was the same ball. Their advertising at the time referenced it's "miracle function". Lol.

The intent of my comment remains. The original Kirkland balls were made at Nassau, the same place the original Snells were made. So there is likely a version of what was happening being told to Dean. Any company using Nassau at the time would probably demand some answers on pricing.

What Dean was told he cannot share entirely I'm guessing. I don't think he trying to mislead us. He may have simply been wrong as a result of what he was told.

The $hit that bothers me the most is that Mgs article about it being a completely different ball. I recall the got their info from a very reliable source and I have a pretty good guess as to who it was. Another side note was Golfwrx already had a 1000 page thread on the ksig before they did that comparison to the pro v in which they took all the credit for the hype it ended up generating. I pointed that out and ended up being blocked from them on Twitter. So glad we are able to speak our minds here for the most part vs being censured on the other forums.

I'm not here to defend MGS, but to be fair, their article was way outdated (mid-August) and they were comparing the 3pc to the 4pc.

See that's what I said in a earlier thread about using the 3pc as a cop out if they were wrong about the 4pc. I don't believe they were referring to the 3pc in all honesty. Otherwise it would have been worded much differently about being a totally different ball, but rather a new 3 peice addition. There shady over there so maybe I'm over reacting to it but they just piss me off lol.

Once again, not trying to defend MGS, but at least read the article before firing shots lol... they indeed specify the 3 piece ball.

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/2018-costco-signature-golf-ball/

[gimg]https://i.imgur.com/hCQmlgE.png[/gimg]

The article is crap, they make it sound like the k3 was replacing the original... The whole "the ball's coming back, but it's not the same attitude" is just bad information considering the original came back.

They were wrong. However the basis for their comments at the time was a legitimate source. The USGA list did indicate a ball with bad characteristics coming our way.

This article my have sounded like bad news but that's how things appeared.

The first testing and article they wrote was legit, and played a significant role in the phenomenon of the demand of this ball.

I wouldn't be shocked if the K3 ended up being the long term replacement for Costco as it is in line with the type of balls they typically carry in store. It also wouldn't surprise me if the original kept showing up for quite some time longer also. For the price the 3 piece is all it needs to be. I would love it if Costco found a way to keep a tour level 4 piece urethane ball around at their current release cycles, but if they can't I'm more than satisfied with the 3 piece for fall/winter/spring and use a different tour level ball in the summer months. I'm saying that without playing the 3 yet. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery and can't swing, but when I get back if the 3 can perform from 80yds in like I like than even better.

North,

I gotta give you props. You've got alligator blood when it comes to this thread. You've hung in there like a champ for not having played the balls or having been to Costco. I'm not being a smart a** either. I would have lost interest a couple hundred pages ago if I was in that situation.

I mentioned along time back that the M-M rating on the 3pc was changed to M-H.

Not that it means anything as the ball maker is the one who classifies their own products.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I mentioned along time back that the M-M rating on the 3pc was changed to M-H.

Not that it means anything as the ball maker is the one who classifies their own products.

Ball markings changed as well from <Performance +> to <. Performance +.> i.e., they tweaked ball design.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Nassau also says the ball has 350 dimples on the exact page where they draw the link between the Kirkland and Quattro.

Kirkland is 360.

Maybe the ball is unique.

I know the dimple pattern is identical to the project a and the ldp red having compared side by side...but that is the only thing that matches.

Was this already solved and we are forgetting something??

I love this thread.

So much fun to read all the crazy conspiracy theories, speculation and insanity.

Keep it coming!

Callaway Mavrik - Fujikura Pro 2.0 6-S stiff 
Tour Edge 3 wood - Mitsubishi Fubuki HL-55 stiff 
Callaway Apex 21 3 hybrid - UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 HYB stiff
Mizuno JPX921 Hot Metal 5-PW - Nippon N.S. PROGH neo stiff 

Haywood Signature 48°, 52°, 56°, 60° - KBS Tour stiff
PXG One & Done

North,

I gotta give you props. You've got alligator blood when it comes to this thread. You've hung in there like a champ for not having played the balls or having been to Costco. I'm not being a smart a** either. I would have lost interest a couple hundred pages ago if I was in that situation.

Best post of the whole thread!!!!!

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Look further back on this thread. I did the research. These balls are likely made by the same manufacturer that made Nike balls.

That said I played the 3 piece today. Great ball. I had a bad day but nothing to do with ball. I hit two trees dead on and hard, not even a mark on the ball. They seem pretty low spin with the driver and woods. Where they stand out to me was approach and short game. Really check up and feel great. My only complaint is they sound a little clicky of the face.

I just ordered two more dozen. Costco says limit two per membership, must mean in each order. Anyway GREAT ball for the price!

Geek4Golf

Look further back on this thread. I did the research. These balls are likely made by the same manufacturer that made Nike balls.

That said I played the 3 piece today. Great ball. I had a bad day but nothing to do with ball. I hit two trees dead on and hard, not even a mark on the ball. They seem pretty low spin with the driver and woods. Where they stand out to me was approach and short game. Really check up and feel great. My only complaint is they sound a little clicky of the face.

I feel the same way, Great off the driver and checked up fast off the short irons.

:golfer:

Spoiler

Stay the Course; and my the Course be with you!