2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Any price difference? What are the 2 balls selling for?

3 piece is $23.99 per double dozen and the 4 piece is $29.99 per double dozen. Each double dozen is also $4.99 for shipping.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

I think I have figured out the ksig 3. I've gone through the typical tests previously utilized here and in other ball threads when weather conditions prevent playing/testing outside (snow on the ground here) --- including dropping several balls from the same height for bounce/compression analysis, fingernail softness study (I have medium length nails, well groomed, Trim clippers), indoor chipping on Berber carpet (like first cut of rough), chipping and pitching off of flatter carpeting (fairway), and putting on basement carpeting (green, registering 8 on carpet stimpmeter). After thorough testing, I am 1,000% sure that the ksig3 is the iconic Top Flite Molitor dipped in a vat of TPU urethane.

Full disclosure: I performed the testing and wrote this after several tumblers of Kirkland Signature French vodka. ;-)

For anyone interested: https://Not allowed because of spam.com/Not allowed because of spam-podcast-the-return-of-costcos-kirkland-signature-golf-balls/#comment-320108

Hmmm...our friends at Costco have a video out on the KTrey ball. Think they might be serious about this.

https://www.costco.c....100406428.html

Its interested they did that. But, I think they've had it up since at least last week though if I remember correctly.

For anyone interested: https://Not allowed because of spam.com/Not allowed because of spam-podcast-the-return-of-costcos-kirkland-signature-golf-balls/#comment-320108

Hmmm...our friends at Costco have a video out on the KTrey ball. Think they might be serious about this.

https://www.costco.c....100406428.html

Its interested they did that. But, I think they've had it up since at least last week though if I remember correctly.

Checked out the podcast and the comments. Very high level of retardation in the comment section. I love when Titleist snobs act like the K Sig 4 piece doesn't compare to the Pro V1.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

High level of snark in the podcast, too - combined with a stunning amount of conjecture.

They simply haven't figured out yet that Covey is a liability and not an asset. He offers up the some of the worst and most naive articles I have ever read.

There is no “they”. The MGS site is Tony Covey’s blog. He is “they” and he’s found a niche for the particular brand of nonsense he dreams up.

High level of snark in the podcast, too - combined with a stunning amount of conjecture.

They simply haven't figured out yet that Covey is a liability and not an asset. He offers up the some of the worst and most naive articles I have ever read.

There is no “they”. The MGS site is Tony Covey’s blog. He is “they” and he’s found a niche for the particular brand of nonsense he dreams up.

To be clear, MGS is owned by Adam Beach not Tony Covey who is the Editor adn there are other writers on staff. Ergo there is a they and he (Tony) has a boss whom I am guessing could remove him if he chose to do so. Of course when I said they, I was referring to MGS as a collective entity.

But I completely agree with you.. Tony seems to have free reign over the articles and he writes nonsense and pushes it off as credible information.

To be clear, MGS is owned by Adam Beach not Tony Covey who is the Editor. Ergo there is a they and he has a boss whom I am guessing could remove him if he chose to do so. Of course when I said they, I was referring to MGS as a collective entity.

But I completely agree with you.. Tony seems to have free reign over the articles and he writes nonsense and pushes it off as credible information.

Funniest one was when they wrote within the last year about Adam as if he were some Greek God doing us all a favor..Their site is useless 95% of the time and WRX runs circles around them in the forums department...Just look at this thread, nothing even compares over there...

Just speculation but I can’t help but wonder if some of this is based on potentially being named by Titleist in a suit after their original article comparing the 4 piece to the ProV1. Having said that, I challenged them to do a similar test comparing the 3 piece to a comparable ball so as to get away from just conjectures.

Watch the video on you tube regarding the Ksig ball that they (Adam) did. I'm actually really suprised you have not informed yourself prior in this manner.

I think he makes a solid case for their methodology and outcome.

In the past, we had to rely on Golf Digest, and Golf magazine to test equipment and tell us what "worked best". A good portion of people also simply rely on mimicking guys they admire...pros, the guy they they think is cool at the club and other social nonsense..

The mags pretty much stopped reporting any real data out of what I assume is fear of retaliation or lawsuits. Complete BS now. You have to admit this.

Nobody believes the Iron Biron works because of the variables it can't recreate. (I happen to like it)

MGS comes along and starts testing things objectively as possible. Scientifically, the methods make sense if iron byron is off the table. I don't know another method to do this from what they do, except more data points..

That being said, I have never had any emotional objection to the results even if it differed from mine. They certainly have more test data than I can do at the sim. There is no way I can hit 50 thousand shots prior to buying.

People who get emotional about the testing outcomes, I have to believe, are either business insiders, invested in particular outcomes..or the kind of people (you know these guys) who get emotional that they picked the Callaway, when they play the Taylormade Driver or visa versa..

There is no way you could find their method absolutely garbage (comparatively) unless you disagree with the outcome for biased reasons. Shills and OEM guys are revealed.

They get some guys to slap balls into a net, then cherry pick whatever numbers they think will generate page views. And then they try to describe it like they are publishing a research result in a scientific journal. It’s just social media bombast.

Pointing that out is not “emotional” it is quite the opposite, in fact.

They get some guys to slap balls into a net, then cherry pick whatever numbers they think will generate page views. And then they try to describe it like they are publishing a research result in a scientific journal. It’s just social media bombast.

What you describe is grossly exaggerated.

And, the MGS testing is more comprehensive than any other entity, and you know that.

Tell me, how specifically would you do it? Compared 30 different drivers across three different swing speed ranges for example.

What entity do you belive does it correctly?

What you describe is grossly exaggerated.

And, the MGS testing is more comprehensive than any other entity, and you know that.

Tell me, how specifically would you do it? Compared 30 different drivers across three different swing speed ranges for example.

What entity do you belive does it correctly?

Nobody, not for publication anyway. It’s not worth doing correctly unless you’re in the business of designing equipment. And those guys aren’t blogging the results.

And apparently deleting comments on the podcast they dont like. Tony has a comment about why they would have an agenda against Costco. I answered with what I posted here. Apparently didn’t like it. Ha. Ha.

And apparently deleting comments on the podcast they dont like. Tony has a comment about why they would have an agenda against Costco. I answered with what I posted here. Apparently didn’t like it. Ha. Ha.

I predicted from the very beginning when he was hyping the original K-Sig that at some point they’d come out with another ball and he would hype the fact that it was awful. Sure enough, before the first K3 was even manufactured he declared it a total ripoff.

It’s how you maximize page views. Always find a “controversial” angle and act like you have some (non-existent) inside scoop. He just makes this stuff up as he goes along.

How in the world, after the Titliest vs Kirkland ball test, is MGS now regarded as having an agenda against Costco?

Their report from the USGA costco ball listing was wrong regarding the "new ball". Clearly they jumped the gun looking for a story. Is there something else?

I predicted from the very beginning when he was hyping the original K-Sig that at some point they’d come out with another ball and he would hype the fact that it was awful. Sure enough, before the first K3 was even manufactured he declared it a total ripoff.

It’s how you maximize page views. Always find a “controversial” angle and act like you have some (non-existent) inside scoop. He just makes this stuff up as he goes along.

I'll give you that. You did predict it. What it was though was not the test. Only a report on the disappointment of the USGA listing.

I predict a different, less severe deviation though when they actually test it. Maybe even a possitive one.