2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Mgs post/crapcast today regarding ksigs was total click bait.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

They get some guys to slap balls into a net, then cherry pick whatever numbers they think will generate page views. And then they try to describe it like they are publishing a research result in a scientific journal. It’s just social media bombast.

Pointing that out is not “emotional” it is quite the opposite, in fact.

And apparently deleting comments on the podcast they dont like. Tony has a comment about why they would have an agenda against Costco. I answered with what I posted here. Apparently didn’t like it. Ha. Ha.

How in the world, after the Titliest vs Kirkland ball test, is MGS now regarded as having an agenda against Costco?

Their report from the USGA costco ball listing was wrong regarding the "new ball". Clearly they jumped the gun looking for a story. Is there something else?

Costco agenda no. Needing to appear non-biased after being sued by Titleist. Possibly. If they were interested in being “truth digest” their first story on the three piece should have been a comparison test as well. Instead of a podcast with lots of conjectures and no data. To me, its fairly interesting to me that within such a short time of running the story on the Snell MTB Black they then publish this podcast with no real data. Just that its junk. I find it very interesting especially when it wouldn’t exactly hurt them in any lawsuit they are still involved in with Titleist (just another thing they can point to that they can point to as we just report the “truth”). The 3 piece may be clearly inferior to other similar offerings. If they wanted credibility on it, the natural follow up is a similar test. And, before I get accused of being a Kirkland homer I have over 6 dozen of the new Snell balls on the way. I think its also pretty easy to see Tony is a bit of hothead when someone questions him on anything just by reading comments on anything they publish that he’s involved in. I appreciate what they try to do with the testing they do. I just think this is sloppy for a group that considers themselves data-centric.

They get some guys to slap balls into a net, then cherry pick whatever numbers they think will generate page views. And then they try to describe it like they are publishing a research result in a scientific journal. It’s just social media bombast.

Pointing that out is not “emotional” it is quite the opposite, in fact.

And apparently deleting comments on the podcast they dont like. Tony has a comment about why they would have an agenda against Costco. I answered with what I posted here. Apparently didn’t like it. Ha. Ha.

How in the world, after the Titliest vs Kirkland ball test, is MGS now regarded as having an agenda against Costco?

Their report from the USGA costco ball listing was wrong regarding the "new ball". Clearly they jumped the gun looking for a story. Is there something else?

Costco agenda no. Needing to appear non-biased after being sued by Titleist. Possibly. If they were interested in being “truth digest” their first story on the three piece should have been a comparison test as well. Instead of a podcast with lots of conjectures and no data. To me, its fairly interesting to me that within such a short time of running the story on the Snell MTB Black they then publish this podcast with no real data. Just that its junk. I find it very interesting especially when it wouldn’t exactly hurt them in any lawsuit they are still involved in with Titleist (just another thing they can point to that they can point to as we just report the “truth”). The 3 piece may be clearly inferior to other similar offerings. If they wanted credibility on it, the natural follow up is a similar test. And, before I get accused of being a Kirkland homer I have over 6 dozen of the new Snell balls on the way. I think its also pretty easy to see Tony is a bit of hothead when someone questions him on anything just by reading comments on anything they publish that he’s involved in. I appreciate what they try to do with the testing they do. I just think this is sloppy for a group that considers themselves data-centric.

Thats fair I think.

I listened to the Podcast. Agree. Might as well be a couple of random guys talking/speculating about the ball. Disappointing, but that was not a test. Information intended for our entertainmemt. I am slightly bothered by their suggestion of Costco trying to imply the new 3 piece is the old 4 piece. Blatantly different ball, box and desription. Stupid suggestion on the part of MGS. Seriously MGS. Stupid. From a guy who likes your methods/site.

Let's see what the actual test reveals. I can keep entertainment and testing compartmentalized.

I listened to the Podcast. Agree. Might as well be a couple of random guys talking/speculating about the ball. Disappointing, but that was not a test. Information intended for our entertainmemt. I am slightly bothered by their suggestion of Costco trying to imply the new 3 piece is the old 4 piece. Blatantly different ball, box and desription. Stupid suggestion on the part of MGS. Seriously MGS. Stupid. From a guy who likes your methods/site.

Let's see what the actual test reveals. I can keep entertainment and testing compartmentalized.

They're just doubling down on the premature article they released months ago claiming that very same thing.

Where is Costco storing all these balls as MGS says? Living in Issaquah, I’m very family with Costco corporate...this idea of storing these balls for months, as MGS suggests, goes against everything Costco stands for and I think is complete BS. Costco is move, move, move...they don’t let crates of golf balls, of all things, sit for months somewhere. Them, like Snell, are completely fake news media...burden of proof should be on them to prove whatever crap they’re saying.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Costco did go through the trouble of getting the ball certified. Also, we've seen the guts of both the Quattro and KSig and they do not match.

Is there even a Costco in Roseburg? :)

There is. I was there today. Have you ever been here?

Can we just please stop the conjecture that the K sig 4 piece is the Quatro? We've seen them cut open, completely different balls.

Sir, without conjecture, this thread would have about 32 posts.

Besides... we all know it was made from overrun cores from a previous generation Quatro which we have not seen cut in half. :taunt:

No, no, no. TP core and everything else is from a previous gen. Quattro. The TP Quattro if you will.

The Quattro has been changed since the premiere of the K-sig. The original Quattro had 360 dimples.

K-sig = original Quattro. I thought we had established this looooong ago. So long ago, we may have forgotten?

That has never been established.

I listened as well I have to agree I walked away with a different opinion of MGS. It was below standards. Every opportunity they had to imply that the K3 was a lesser ball they took, and in spite of not having tested the ball. The whole wind topic was a cheap shot and then implying that anyone who purchased a ball from Costco wouldn't care if it was the 4 piece or a a 3 piece ball anyway. Just cheap shots like they were trying to make amends to the OEMs they ticked off from the testing they published on the K-sig. Just a poor performance IMHO by MGS I have come to expect more from them.

The 360 dimple Quattro was NOT established as the same ball as the K-sig? I though it was. I believe the Nassau website stated as much at one point.

I could be wrong, but I recall Nassau's VP contradicting himself a few times. Also, if the KSig and Quattro are indeed the same ball, then why couldn't Costco sell this ball continuously?

Interesting exchange in the comments to that podcast. I found the bolded part particularly funny

Not sure if this is a violation to post. If so, please delete!!!!!!!!

15 HOURS AGO

Reading some of the reviews on golfwrx, kirkland, etc. there seems to be more positive feedback for the 3 piece than your take– it is softer than the 4 piece. Distance appears to be the same (including some who put it on trackman). Some have compared it to a Project a or Qstar tour, while others compare to Wilson Duo or Titleist Trusoft.

REPLY B 14 HOURS AGO

These guys clearly have some sort of agenda, an agenda against Costco. No testing whatsoever but go out and say all kinds of negative things about the 3-piece ball…”heard” this, “heard” that….accuse Costco of trying to trick people into thinking the 3-piece ball is as good as the 4-piece ball…..either that or the consumer is too dumb to discern the difference, take your choice!

Disappointing.

REPLY T14 HOURS AGO

Go ahead, finish your thought…what possible reason would we have for an anti-Costco agenda?

“Heard this, Heard that” as you put it isn’t the same thing as talking to sources inside Costco, well-positioned industry insiders and guys who work with the same factories Costo uses, and who are familiar with what these products are.

That said, what’s transpired with the USGA list is borderline unethical. Here’s just some of it:

Manufacturer changed from Costco to SM Global (the importer)

Spin designation of 3-piece changed from M-M to M-H

Construction designation of 4-piece changed

New 4-piece added and then removed

3-Piece added (never materialized)

More 3-piece balls added

All of it reeks of a company that has but the most minimal understanding of the products it’s selling.

Also worth a mention, the new balls are produced a different factory, which is odd to say the least.

There definitely will be a segment of consumers who see Kirkland Signature and don’t look hard enough to distinguish between the 3-piece and the 4-piece. That’s not on Costco, but that doesn’t mean it’s not valid to point out.

As we said, try the ball for yourself, and let us know what you think

Dean said this and Dean said that is what they're trying to defend with. It doesn't matter what is on the list until the product actually comes out. If the consumer can't read and doesn't know the original was a 4 pc and not a 3 pc, which is clearly stated on each of the individual boxes, that is not Costco's fault. People seems to be able to decipher the difference between Pro V1 and Pro V1x with no problem. Seems to me, MGS is running their mouths for clicks, which they have historically done with "articles" about K-Sigs outside of the original test article.

Interesting exchange in the comments to that podcast. I found the bolded part particularly funny

Not sure if this is a violation to post. If so, please delete!!!!!!!!

15 HOURS AGO

Reading some of the reviews on golfwrx, kirkland, etc. there seems to be more positive feedback for the 3 piece than your take– it is softer than the 4 piece. Distance appears to be the same (including some who put it on trackman). Some have compared it to a Project a or Qstar tour, while others compare to Wilson Duo or Titleist Trusoft.

REPLY B 14 HOURS AGO

These guys clearly have some sort of agenda, an agenda against Costco. No testing whatsoever but go out and say all kinds of negative things about the 3-piece ball…”heard” this, “heard” that….accuse Costco of trying to trick people into thinking the 3-piece ball is as good as the 4-piece ball…..either that or the consumer is too dumb to discern the difference, take your choice!

Disappointing.

REPLY T14 HOURS AGO

Go ahead, finish your thought…what possible reason would we have for an anti-Costco agenda?

“Heard this, Heard that” as you put it isn’t the same thing as talking to sources inside Costco, well-positioned industry insiders and guys who work with the same factories Costo uses, and who are familiar with what these products are.

That said, what’s transpired with the USGA list is borderline unethical. Here’s just some of it:

Manufacturer changed from Costco to SM Global (the importer)

Spin designation of 3-piece changed from M-M to M-H

Construction designation of 4-piece changed

New 4-piece added and then removed

3-Piece added (never materialized)

More 3-piece balls added

All of it reeks of a company that has but the most minimal understanding of the products it’s selling.

Also worth a mention, the new balls are produced a different factory, which is odd to say the least.

There definitely will be a segment of consumers who see Kirkland Signature and don’t look hard enough to distinguish between the 3-piece and the 4-piece. That’s not on Costco, but that doesn’t mean it’s not valid to point out.

As we said, try the ball for yourself, and let us know what you think

I saw that. That's what I commented on that got deleted. I think some of that about the USGA list is just being pointed out to validate the first story they run where they jumped the gun and proclaimed the ball was going to be different.

Dean said this and Dean said that is what they're trying to defend with. It doesn't matter what is on the list until the product actually comes out. If the consumer can't read and doesn't know the original was a 4 pc and not a 3 pc, which is clearly stated on each of the individual boxes, that is not Costco's fault. People seems to be able to decipher the difference between Pro V1 and Pro V1x with no problem. Seems to me, MGS is running their mouths for clicks, which they have historically done with "articles" about K-Sigs outside of the original test article.

Isn't a lot of what they mentioned some of things Snell came on here and said? I am pretty confident he's the "industry insider".

Isn't a lot of what they mentioned some of things Snell came on here and said? I am pretty confident he's the "industry insider".

While I cannot speak to his character since I do not know the man. I do see where a Kirkland ball can greatly impact his business model by being an even cheaper tour quality ball. He could potentially have the motivation to derail the K-Sig whenever he gets the chance. Not saying he is, I am just saying he has a reason to do so. The big OEM's can survive the K-Sig to some degree. If Costco produces a high performing urethane ball that is $12 a dozen, it could potentially put him out of business. They would essentially be beating him at his own game.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

While I cannot speak to his character since I do not know the man. I do see where a Kirkland ball can greatly impact his business model by being an even cheaper tour quality ball. He could potentially have the motivation to derail the K-Sig whenever he gets the chance. Not saying he is, I am just saying he has a reason to do so. The big OEM's can survive the K-Sig to some degree. If Costco produces a high performing urethane ball that is $12 a dozen, it could potentially put him out of business. They would essentially be beating him at his own game.

I'm not saying for certain that is what happened. I thought some of what they were repeating on the podcast it seems he said here. Maybe someone else can confirm or refute.

Is there even a Costco in Roseburg? :)

There is. I was there today. Have you ever been here?

Actually, I was born there and was back visiting family last summer.

I really enjoyed playing 18 at Cougar Canyon, with my daughter and 2 nephews. The pulverized nickel bunkers are awesome!! :golfer:

I only wished they had shirts printed up saying "I balled 18 holes at Cougar Canyon", or something similar for us "tourists"... :D

I'm not saying for certain that is what happened. I thought some of what they were repeating on the podcast it seems he said here. Maybe someone else can confirm or refute.

Oh, there is no doubt in my mind that he is there industry insider. I think he has been more vocal on the K-Sig than even Costco has been. I personally think he has an agenda and he's trying to leverage his presence here and at MGS to downplay the Costco balls. He built his business on being a cheaper solution with similar performance. Costco came in and did the same thing for half the price of his cheaper ball. To be honest, I was looking into Snell balls until they released 2 waves of the 4 piece K-Sigs this off season. To add to that, they came out with the new 3 piece that I bought. If it performs and they are still available, I will continue to buy them. Costco in essence stole my business away from Snell.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I have been following this golf ball for a while now, but haven't even been able to get my hands on them. Is there a way to know when Costco will have them back in stock??? Do I have to just keep pressing refresh every 10 minutes on their website? HELP!!!

Absolutely no way of knowing. Costco does what Costco does and they don't announce it ahead of time.

Check their web site or check this thread. That's about your options.

P.S. Or maybe ask one of the regulars on this thread to shoot you a PM next time they show up!

I have been following this golf ball for a while now, but haven't even been able to get my hands on them. Is there a way to know when Costco will have them back in stock??? Do I have to just keep pressing refresh every 10 minutes on their website? HELP!!!

PM me your address and I’ll send you a sleeve so you can see what we’ve been talking about. When I say “we’ve“ I’m referring to those of us who actually use the ball- not the trolls who bash it and Costco and have never hit one.

To answer your question- just follow this thread and you’ll know when they get released. As of right now the 3 piece balls are still available at Costco online.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Just purchased two dozen ($31.23 including tax and shipping).

Taylormade M5 9* w/Prolaunch Blue 45
Taylormade Stealth 3HL 16.5* w/Proforce V2 65 
Taylormade M2 5HL 21* w/Proforce V2 65
Adams Pro Mini Hybrids: 23*, 26* w/VS Proto 95
Srixon Zx65 Combo Irons (Z565 6, Z765 7-9, Z965 PW) w/TT AMT Black
Vokeys: SM7 52-12F, SM7 58-12D, WedgeWorks 60-10V (at 62-12), all w/Pro Modus3 115 Wedge
Odyssey DXF Doublewide

Has anyone thought the 4-piece performs a lot like the TP5 or Lethal balls from TM? I wonder how the cut open compares?

Those of course are 5-piece balls.

Oh right. Thought Lethal was 4-piece for some reason.

Yeah, pretty sure I remember it being 5-piece back when I was playing them off that Woot incredibly cheap deal.

Of course it's entirely possible that one 4-piece ball and another 5-piece ball still play similarly. So the answer to your question might still be yes for all I know.