2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Since I still have a pile of new golf balls in the boxes ( including the original K Sig 4 piece which I love for the value ), I've not signed up for the new K3 just yet.

However, I had found one on the golf course yesterday. I could tell immediately this was not the 4 piece, the dimple pattern is a little different but most of all, the color of the cover is "bright white " like someone just bleached their teeth white .

This new shinning white did not work well hitting into the sun, lost the golf ball visually almost immediately after the rise to the apex.

It felt like any other 3 piece premium golf ball but a little softer off the tee. Felt a little clicky off the face of irons. Putts okay, but the big notion here is, value, as with the original K Sig. It's about a dollar per ball. The golf ball performed well with the other brands and at less than 1/2 of what other golf balls going rate.

Yes, I will get some of these when I'm low on golf balls, but no reason to horde it just because it's a great buy. I'm not like some of the other guys whom has a garage full of toilet papers bought on sale to last 10 lifetimes .

Played the second round today with the KTrey. Still cold in Chicago, a bit of wind and courses are still soft.

A bit of different experiences with the ball today. Shockingly, I backed up the ball a couple of times which is very atypical. Terrible day driving but the ball was every bit as long, if not a touch longer, than the original. What impresses most about the ball is the ability to control it around the greens and how it feels off the putter. Really liked shorts pitches and chips with the ball and it ended up where expected.

Played the second round today with the KTrey. Still cold in Chicago, a bit of wind and courses are still soft.

A bit of different experiences with the ball today. Shockingly, I backed up the ball a couple of times which is very atypical. Terrible day driving but the ball was every bit as long, if not a touch longer, than the original. What impresses most about the ball is the ability to control it around the greens and how it feels off the putter. Really liked shorts pitches and chips with the ball and it ended up where expected.

I have had a similar experience with the k3. A bit more spin on greenside and short irons, but seems about the same as other premium balls off the driver.

Reminds me of when the chrome soft came out. The first generation had more spin than other premium balls. It was distinctly different. They fixed that when next year's ball came out. Too bad.

Just played a round in Vegas with the 3pc. These balls seem to be legit based on its performance. Long off tee, spin and stopped nicely on greens, and it cut through the wind easily with no problem. Nothing weird to report about this very cheap ball. I'll keep playing them and will update if weird things start to happen. Looks like Costco has another winner for us hacks.

North , you are playing the AVX right? just curious..

Yes, I totally love AVX.

Have used it for about 70 of my last 80 rounds and looking forward to the next 80+.

Titleist ball lover? :rolleyes: No wonder you are bashing Ksig. Gotta justify that Titleist price eh? :tongue:

Humm, lets see. One box of AVX's or 3 K3's (plus money left over for a beer at the turn)?

I know what I'm doing. :superman:

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Yes, I totally love AVX.

Have used it for about 70 of my last 80 rounds and looking forward to the next 80+.

Titleist ball lover? :rolleyes: No wonder you are bashing Ksig. Gotta justify that Titleist price eh? :tongue:

Humm, lets see. One box of AVX's or 3 K3's (plus money left over for a beer at the turn)?

I have never “bashed” or said one single negative thing about the KIRKLAND Signature golf ball. Not once. I have said a dozen times or more it appears to be a very good golf ball at an outstanding price.

Yes, I totally love AVX.

I have never “bashed” or said one single negative thing about the KIRKLAND Signature golf ball. Not once. I have said a dozen times or more it appears to be a very good golf ball at an outstanding price.

To be fair, North hasn't commented on the ball. He's only been involved with discussing the other stuff around the ball(s) being on the market.

i am just curious why the K3 is still available.. that much of a supply? people arent sure about it, so havent purchased any? just wondering

Maybe because Tony Covey announced that it is awful without ever actually seeing one?

oh ok NB :)

Or, call me crazy, but just maybe there is no immediate supply shortage for them?

Now with that AVX being official, I'm not sure why anyone would buy the AVX with the 3pc available? Well unless you like waisting money I guess. Looks like Costco fixed the supply chain issues which surprised them with the popularity of the K-Sig when releasing the 3pc and they are plentiful for Members. Membership has its privileges...

Now with that AVX being official, I'm not sure why anyone would buy the AVX with the 3pc available? Well unless you like waisting money I guess. Looks like Costco fixed the supply chain issues which surprised them with the popularity of the K-Sig when releasing the 3pc and they are plentiful for Members. Membership has its privileges...

Or maybe they like the AVX better than the K3? Or maybe they don't shop at/belong to Costco?

If price was all that mattered, nobody would ever buy any golf balls, liquor, beer, hot dogs, rotisserie chicken, etc., etc. from anywhere but Costco.

Or maybe they like the AVX better than the K3? Or maybe they don't shop at/belong to Costco?

If price was all that mattered, nobody would ever buy any golf balls, liquor, beer, hot dogs, rotisserie chicken, etc., etc. from anywhere but Costco.

what difference do you see in the K3 and AVX NB?

Uh, yes they would. Costco liquor is right up there with poison water.

I don't know, but I would rather get 4dz Costco 3pc instead of 1 dzn AVX for my $48 no matter how much I liked the AVX. Which btw, isn't a bad ball. It's just ridiculously priced as usual from Titleist.

I played the K3 yesterday and I was fully satisfied. This was a day in the mid-upper 60's wind 5-10mph a tad calmer later in the day. We had a typical wet Colorado spring snow on Saturday so the fairways and greens were softened up a little in yesterday's play. The greens were aerated about two weeks ago, but are taking shape quickly for early season play.

Driver Distance: I felt this ball was equal in distance to the K-sig and on par or even a couple yards longer maybe than my other gamer the Bridgestone Tour BRXs. Driver spin was not excessive I did notice a little more height, but on par with my other two gamers.

Irons: On full iron shots this ball was never more than 12-18" from its pitch mark on the green. The K3 held it's line into the wind and I didn't notice any distance loss that was out of the norm or the ballooning that was rumored about the ball.

Wedges: The K3 ball plays very nice off the wedges and pitching into the green. Flops stop on a dime and low pitches skip and stop with a few backing up on the soft greens.

Putting: The K3 was a nice ball to putt it had a soft feel off the putter no click like the K-sig and it rolled as nice as could be expected on early season greens aerated about two weeks ago .

Overall: I feel the K3 ball is a very good value for me. Distance as stated was acceptable, The ball felt good off the irons, it did flight a little higher IMhO than the K-sig and the B-stone Brxs ball I play, but to be clear it was not ballooning. The balls appearance would be the only con I would mention. The sheen and dimples don't necessarily have a higher end ball look, however it got use to it after a short time. I think where this ball stands out is in feel. If you prefer a softer feel this ball will be up your alley. I would be interested in seeing the compression numbers on the K3 ball if anyone can provide those. . Durability was also very good 18 holes with no noticeable scuffing or wedge shred. A real winner for $12.00 a dozen.

i am just curious why the K3 is still available.. that much of a supply? people arent sure about it, so havent purchased any? just wondering

1) They're only available online. So, nobody who wasn't specifically looking on the website for golf balls even knows about them.

2)They became available the same day that the popular 4-piece balls, which are only $6 more expensive for 2 dozen, became available again. So, most people who went to the site looking for golf balls bought those instead (in my case, I followed the link directly to the 4-piece and never even knew that the 3-piece version existed until reading about it later (I did go back and buy some).

3) They were likely able to source the 3 piece in a larger quantity than the 4-piece. I would think that, if they were able to get a larger quantity of the 4-piece, they wouldn't have even bothered with producing a second style.

There are also a lot of people who think that any 3-piece ball is inherently inferior to any 4-piece ball. I don't understand where they come up with that idea but it seems to drive a lot of golf ball decisions, at least among those here on GolfWRX.

I've seen a friend literally freeze when I told him prov1 is a 3piece. He was just saying any ball less than 4 piece is a garbage. And he's a prov1 maniac.

That was classic.

3) They were likely able to source the 3 piece in a larger quantity than the 4-piece. I would think that, if they were able to get a larger quantity of the 4-piece, they wouldn't have even bothered with producing a second style.

Unless they wanted to poke Titleist and provide an AVX quality (perceived) ball at a price which again exposes the huge gouging Titleist inflicts on its customers.

Unless they wanted to poke Titleist and provide an AVX quality (perceived) ball at a price which again exposes the huge gouging Titleist inflicts on its customers.

Well yeah. Titleist stock was down six cents last time I checked. Gotta be the beginning of the end right there.

Well yeah. Titleist stock was down six cents last time I checked. Gotta be the beginning of the end right there.

And with a continued abundance of lemmings, their share price won't be impacted at those margins.

Yes, I totally love AVX.

To be fair, North hasn't commented on the ball. He's only been involved with discussing the other stuff around the ball(s) being on the market.

All true, but after 400+ posts in a thread, one is bound to come across as either positive, negative or informative. I'll leave it up to each reader to determine what category NB falls into...