Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Played my second round with the K3's today in fairly windy conditions. Constant blowing all round with some healthy gusts. I'm a fan of it for these conditions. I was able to work the ball in all directions in the wind and it performed really well. Two penalties and several 3 putts ruined a round where I was happy with my ball striking. I'm going to use them next week and if I'm still liking them I'll get a couple more dozen.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Played with a guy today that last year tried the KSIG but was too firm for his liking. He told me today he liked the NXT but didn't care for the Tour Soft. So now he is playing the new Velocity and seems to be ok with that. He hasn't really tried anything outside of Titleist other than the KSIG when the initial hype was in full bloom.

Seems like a brand loyalist that doesn't want to pay big boy money to play the V1 series. Just reminds me how mental the ball can be for some. Thankfully I can play well or poor with almost any premium ball, although I do seem to favor a couple more than others.

K-Sig too firm, but not the Verockity????

Reminds me of a guy we play with that insists he needs the spin around the greens that "Titleist" gives him. All well and good except that he plays the yellow DT. Not a ball known for its high short game spin

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Played with a guy today that last year tried the KSIG but was too firm for his liking. He told me today he liked the NXT but didn't care for the Tour Soft. So now he is playing the new Velocity and seems to be ok with that. He hasn't really tried anything outside of Titleist other than the KSIG when the initial hype was in full bloom.

Seems like a brand loyalist that doesn't want to pay big boy money to play the V1 series. Just reminds me how mental the ball can be for some. Thankfully I can play well or poor with almost any premium ball, although I do seem to favor a couple more than others.

K-Sig too firm, but not the Verockity????

Reminds me of a guy we play with that insists he needs the spin around the greens that "Titleist" gives him. All well and good except that he plays the yellow DT. Not a ball known for its high short game spin

That's pretty odd. I've tried those balls and there is nothing about them that is alike except maybe their diameter. The ksig and v1, premium balls play similarly, but the NXT gets much less spin and the velocity is probably the least spinny of all, jumping straight up off the club face. I've not seen another ball with a vertical leap like the velocity.

Hype is hype even when it comes fron GolfWRX or MGS.

Come on NB...got anything to share with the class?

Early days but so far it seems K-Sig suits my game better than K-3. K-Sig reminds me of B330 and ProV1x, both of which I’ve enjoyed playing for months at a stretch in the past.

I had thought K-3 might perform somewhat like AVX but it has a ways through go if it’s going to be all that! It just seems like a perfectly average medium trajectory, normal spin Urethane ball.

K-Sig is right up there among the spinniest balls I’ve ever played. It’s a marvel when it comes to bunker shots checking up. I don’t depend on tons of spin in the short game but guys who do might really like that one.

But that’s after two rounds. I reserve the right to reverse any of those opinions after a thorough tryout...

This morning I went out early on the mostly wide-open public course where I originally learned to play. There was a very steady 10mph North wind the entire time which is perfect for getting a sense of how a ball reacts to up/down/cross wind approach shots.

On the front nine I spent about two hours playing two or three balls on every drive and approach shot, comparing my favorite yellow AVX to the K-Sig and K3 balls donated for the purpose by GofWRX stalwart and KIRKLAND Signature early adopter DavePelz4. Then on the back nine I alternated K-Sig and K-3 from hole to hole and just played golf (although I did hit a second ball a few times while waiting on the group ahead of me). Along with my two previous rounds trying these balls I now have a certain amount of confidence in my initial impressions.

What I have not yet done are any detailed side-by-side comparisons of short game behavior although after three rounds I’m getting familiar with them around the greens, as well. More on that after I spend some time specifically chipping and pitching.

K-Sig and K-3 are identical off the driver. AVX is same-ish carry as the KIRKLANDs with 10-15 longer runout. Like 240 vs 230 downwind, 224 vs 208 into wind. No ball in my experience gives me the abnormally good carry+roll combination I get with AVX but K-Sig/K-3 are as good as most other balls in driving distance.

Iron shots into wind AVX is 4-9 yards longer than K-Sig. Downwind they are identical. K-3 is half a club shorter than both. Into a cold 10 mph wind K-3 sucks.

Both Kirklands spin a lot around the green, AVX does not.

For my game, the AVX is tops. Period. That said, when high summer gets here and the greens firm up I suspect AVX’s lack of spin is going to drive me crazy from time to time. In that case I could gladly play the original K-Sig because it has wonderful spin while being just about as long as AVX on iron shots (although AVX cuts through a headwind better). But I’m addicted to getting that hot, boring, hard-running driver ball flight that AVX gives me and under most conditions it’s spin is sufficient, if only barely.

If you are a person who want “Tour level” short game spin and control that original K-Sig is hard to beat. Reminds me of a B330 or ProV1, the difference in K-Sig and ProV1x is is down to the latter’s very high driver ball flight.

I am going to give a mixed or maybe I’d say “Meh” review of the newer K3. I really wanted to like it as it is newer, in plentiful supply (assuming you have a Costco membership, which I do not) and does not have the 4-piece K-Sig’s rather unlpleasantly loud “Crack” sound off the drivers and irons. But performance wise it is a bit disappointing. Maybe with further comparisons I’ll get different results but it sure does seem several yards short of usual off my irons and it does not cut through a breeze remotely as well as the other two balls I tried. On the plus side K-3’s driver distance seems just fine, it is quite durable and it spins aplenty around the greens.

Thorough review NB, wondering what your swing speed with the driver is? I noticed no lack of distance with the 3 piece, nor did my stepson. We're both big hitters, averaging around 290-310 most drives, and he was consistently hitting the 3 piece around 320. Normally we are within sniffing distance of each other on drives, but he was outdriving me all day with the K sig 3 piece.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Played the last two days in temperatures in the 60's which is just about a season high temp. Played 2 rounds with the KTrey's and am starting to think this is going to be a great warmer weather ball. Maybe it was wearing 1-2 layers less and having a freer swing, fairways actually rolling out or a combination but off the driver, the ball was probably 10 yards longer than the KSig. The KTrey seems to launch higher and a couple of down wind tee shots today (5MPH wind) easily carried and rolled out quite a bit longer.

As mentioned before, I'm not the guy to back up wedges and still don't do that with the KSig's but the 3 piece ball backed up several times off wedges, a 9 iron and a bunker shot as well. More than anything, I'm impressed by the ball around the greens. The KSig rolls out for me a lot more while the KTrey will spin and stop.

Today I gave a sleeve of both balls to a young guy I got paired up with. He saw the ball, asked a bunch of questions so I gave him balls to try. His comments were pretty much a mirror image of mine. He thought the KSig spun less for him and rolled out more.

I can understand if a ball doesn't work for people. But as mentioned before, my game isn't at the level where a ball will make that much of a difference.

Played the last two days in temperatures in the 60's which is just about a season high temp. Played 2 rounds with the KTrey's and am starting to think this is going to be a great warmer weather ball. Maybe it was wearing 1-2 layers less and having a freer swing, fairways actually rolling out or a combination but off the driver, the ball was probably 10 yards longer than the KSig. The KTrey seems to launch higher and a couple of down wind tee shots today (5MPH wind) easily carried and rolled out quite a bit longer.

As mentioned before, I'm not the guy to back up wedges and still don't do that with the KSig's but the 3 piece ball backed up several times off wedges, a 9 iron and a bunker shot as well. More than anything, I'm impressed by the ball around the greens. The KSig rolls out for me a lot more while the KTrey will spin and stop.

Today I gave a sleeve of both balls to a young guy I got paired up with. He saw the ball, asked a bunch of questions so I have him balls to try. His comments were pretty much a mirror image of mine. He thought the KSig spun less for him and rolled out more.

I can understand if a ball doesn't work for people. But as mentioned before, my game isn't at the level where a ball will make that much of a difference.

It’s hard to judge full swing spin between similar balls (ie, when neither of them is a no-spin rock). So maybe over-spinning is the explanation for my observation of K-3 being always shorter than K-Sig on iron shots and being way, way shorter on iron shots into the wind.

I know the difference i’m seeing is most pronounced with like GW, PW, 9-iron and not quite as much up around 5-iron. Wow, me over-spinning a ball golf. Now I’ve seen it all!

I've been playing the K3 for a few weeks now. My drives have been longer by as much a 20 yards. It would be nice to say it's the ball but I believe my swing lessons should more likely be credited. I still believe it's a great ball for the dollars spent. Feels good and I have been getting some stopping power on chip shots that I never got with ionomer cover.

For some reason a performance characteristic has not been explored, so allow me,,,,,,

The K-Sig and the Tri-Sig’s sink ration and water displacement when hit into a lake are IDENTICAL to the Pro-V1 and other tour quality golf balls,,,,, found that out 3 times today, but, with 17 dozen K-Sigs and 4 dozen Tr-Sigs at home,,,, the stroke penalty bothered me more,,,,,,,

Played 18 with the K3. Everything is great, except performance around the greens. I could not get this ball to check up for me. The greens on this particular course were really fluffy and slow, and the ball still wouldn’t check.

There was one shot in particular. I was about 20yds off the green. About 15ft in front of the hole, there’s a slight up-slope which then plateaus off to the hole. I hit a flop shot over the bunker in front of me and landed it on the up-slope. The ball rolled 15ft past the hole. Even my playing partner was amazed that the ball didn’t check up. He also used the ball the full round and shared the same sentiment that the ball just likes to roll.

Decent ball, but don’t expect it to give you much around the green. Play for a bit of run.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

For some reason a performance characteristic has not been explored, so allow me,,,,,,

The K-Sig and the Tri-Sig’s sink ration and water displacement when hit into a lake are IDENTICAL to the Pro-V1 and other tour quality golf balls,,,,, found that out 3 times today, but, with 17 dozen K-Sigs and 4 dozen Tr-Sigs at home,,,, the stroke penalty bothered me more,,,,,,,

C'mon Costco, get it together...The most played ball on tour apparently walks on water, cause why else would anyone pay that much when there are great alternatives out there????...

Whoa...they don't repel water???

Whoa...they don't repel water???

In that case I'm OUT...

Two more rounds with the k4. Both balls had minor cracks and were ripped to shreds by wedges. To reiterate, I'm coming from a Srixon Z-Star XV which I felt like was the most durable ball I've ever played.

Tried the K trey again around the practice green chipping and putting. It's just too soft for me, I like more of a click off the putter

Played 18 with the K3. Everything is great, except performance around the greens. I could not get this ball to check up for me. The greens on this particular course were really fluffy and slow, and the ball still wouldn't check.

There was one shot in particular. I was about 20yds off the green. About 15ft in front of the hole, there's a slight up-slope which then plateaus off to the hole. I hit a flop shot over the bunker in front of me and landed it on the up-slope. The ball rolled 15ft past the hole. Even my playing partner was amazed that the ball didn't check up. He also used the ball the full round and shared the same sentiment that the ball just likes to roll.

Decent ball, but don't expect it to give you much around the green. Play for a bit of run.

Not saying I don't believe you, but I don't think the hardest, least spinny ball in the world would run for 30 feet after landing on an upslope... on a fluffy slow green... from a 20 yard flop shot.

Played 18 with the K3. Everything is great, except performance around the greens. I could not get this ball to check up for me. The greens on this particular course were really fluffy and slow, and the ball still wouldn't check.

There was one shot in particular. I was about 20yds off the green. About 15ft in front of the hole, there's a slight up-slope which then plateaus off to the hole. I hit a flop shot over the bunker in front of me and landed it on the up-slope. The ball rolled 15ft past the hole. Even my playing partner was amazed that the ball didn't check up. He also used the ball the full round and shared the same sentiment that the ball just likes to roll.

Decent ball, but don't expect it to give you much around the green. Play for a bit of run.

Not saying I don't believe you, but I don't think the hardest, least spinny ball in the world would run for 30 feet after landing on an upslope... on a fluffy slow green... from a 20 yard flop shot.

:taunt:

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I played another round with the same 3 piece today. It's hit a cart path, rock and possibly a tree in at least 36 holes. I would have retired a beloved Chrome Soft by now probably. This ball still has most of it's luster and is completely playable.

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Anyone else slightly annoyed this thread isn't available on the ap?

App has been EOL for a long time now.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Anyone else slightly annoyed this thread isn't available on the ap?

Not just this one. I think that any thread that has a lot of viewers gets locked up on the app. If you're really interested just open it in your phones browser.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Obviously you've never seen me try to hit a 20 yard flop shot.

I tend to combine 2 shots, the flop and the bellied wedge, not very effective except for getting your playing partners complete attention when doing it.

I tend to combine 2 shots, the flop and the bellied wedge, not very effective except for getting your playing partners complete attention when doing it.

The belly flop?

I played another round with the same 3 piece today. It's hit a cart path, rock and possibly a tree in at least 36 holes. I would have retired a beloved Chrome Soft by now probably. This ball still has most of it's luster and is completely playable.

That's just silly. These balls are not that expensive to play one for so long. Break out a fresh, funny smelling Ksig already!

That's just silly. These balls are not that expensive to play one for so long. Break out a fresh, funny smelling Ksig already!

Hey man...the longer I can play these balls the more money I have to spend on K-Sig Spiced Rum :)

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Hey man...the longer I can play these balls the more money I have to spend on K-Sig Spiced Rum :)

I rest my case, cant compete with that haha.

The belly flop?

belly-flop.jpg

X________________________________ Sign Here

How popular is the K-Sig? Are people around the world wondering how a $15 a dozen golf ball can be sold so cheaply? Apparently Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is even trying to figure it out!!!

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus