Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

spin : i feel that it is on the lower end in this test. It simply does not spin ( at least in my opinion ) as well as other. I really like a spinny ball. i dont need the extra distance as i have plenty of that. i want a ball that i can hit from 100 yard and in and get it to stop. This ball does not do as well as say the snell MTB red, or Prov1x, or cally chrome soft x, or Bstone XS, or srixon z star. Get my point? i feel the more name brand balls do better here.

durability : its terrible, it does not hold up well at all. But, the ball is cheap so there is at least a balance of cost here. the ball is inexpensive, so it has that going for it. but i dont lose a ton of golf balls so durability is kinda important to me.

I have seen the opposite in spin. For me, it performs exactly like the Pro V1x off the tee, into greens and on pitches. I see low spin off the tee, medium spin on full iron shots (hit and check) and really high spin on pitches where at times I'm getting saved by super aggressive pitches that sit down immediately. The pro v1 spins more for me in all 3 phases mentioned above.

I agree on durability. The cover survives the trees well but it's not a ball I play for more than 2 rounds. It reminds me of the lethal in that regard. I hit tons of balls on my skytrak and the cover of this ball begins to spider after 3-4 range sessions (maybe 200 shots) whereas Titleist last me much longer.

spin : i feel that it is on the lower end in this test. It simply does not spin ( at least in my opinion ) as well as other. I really like a spinny ball. i dont need the extra distance as i have plenty of that. i want a ball that i can hit from 100 yard and in and get it to stop. This ball does not do as well as say the snell MTB red, or Prov1x, or cally chrome soft x, or Bstone XS, or srixon z star. Get my point? i feel the more name brand balls do better here.

durability : its terrible, it does not hold up well at all. But, the ball is cheap so there is at least a balance of cost here. the ball is inexpensive, so it has that going for it. but i dont lose a ton of golf balls so durability is kinda important to me.

I have seen the opposite in spin. For me, it performs exactly like the Pro V1x off the tee, into greens and on pitches. I see low spin off the tee, medium spin on full iron shots (hit and check) and really high spin on pitches where at times I'm getting saved by super aggressive pitches that sit down immediately. The pro v1 spins more for me in all 3 phases mentioned above.

I agree on durability. The cover survives the trees well but it's not a ball I play for more than 2 rounds. It reminds me of the lethal in that regard. I hit tons of balls on my skytrak and the cover of this ball begins to spider after 3-4 range sessions (maybe 200 shots) whereas Titleist last me much longer.

I would agree with what you found. I played my first round of the year this past Monday. I was surprised by how much bite the ball had (both KS4 and KS3). I could be very aggressive around the greens and the ball would sit down in a hurry. I hit a 4 iron that stopped within 6 feet of it's pitch mark. I played the KS4 last year a bit, but I don't remember much about its attributes. I also played a ProV1 for a few holes and I would dare say that the difference is negligible.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

awesome. i am glad you like it. i would never say that my opinion on equipment was fact. there are so many variables in an individuals game that there is no way that what works for one, will work for all.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Kid reviews KSig 3 on YouTube and likes it

Is that a music video or a review? But in all seriousness he didn't really say anything I haven't experienced with this golf ball. It is long down wind and I can spin on short wedge shots. Glad nothing weird happened while he was playing such a cheap golf ball. #relief

i bought some of the last release of the k-sigs. it is a good ball but, there are lots better.
Wow that is really great insight. Do you review drivers and irons as well?

i wasnt trying to be super insightful. i was just stating that to me this is not the end all be all of golf balls. If you would like more info than that i will gladly provide it.

Distance : the ball is good in this category. i think that without a large sample size I would not be able tell if there is a significant difference between this and any other 50 dollar box of balls out there. you get a good trajectory, solid feel, and good distance. i hit it the same distance as far as i can tell as any other premium ball.

Control/work ability : again it is good enough for me. i am not Seve, so i dont need a ball that bends like it was kicked by beckham. It basically does what i ask of it.

feel : this basically means putting. it is a little clicky, not terrible, not awesome.

I would say that you are in the minority on much of your assessment. I found the K balls both offer plenty of spin having played the K-sig a large part of last season of and on with my other Gamer the B-stone BRXS and recently taking the K3 out for a round this past week. The K-sig reviews have demonstrated that this ball is in on par with any tour level ball on the market. Moving on the K3 performed very well for me on mid-short irons into the green I never found a ball more than 24" from its pitch mark and with wedges you could back the K3 up without much effort. With BRXs my typical gamer I would say the two compare very favorably, I have 18 holes on a K3 that could easily be put back in play my next round as a result I was impressed by the K3's durability. To be fare in my reply, as my review stated I played the K3 on a day when the greens were softer and as a result they were receptive and as most here know the ball is only part of equation, however with firmer greens I feel the K3 ball's performance would warrant play.

I played my first round with the KSig3's and have no complaints. I have played the original KSig off and on since they were first released along with ProV1x. At my skill level there really is not any noticeable difference between those two, and I found the K3 to be similar to other softer balls I've played.

All of the posturing and hyperbole over these balls is pretty silly. After two years and a whole bunch of amateurs reviewing it the bottom line is it is a very good ball that to a less than top tier player is a great bargain. Anyone who says it is not a great deal has: 1. Never played it. 2. Has an ulterior motive for criticizing it 3. Is at such a high level of proficiency that they can actually tell the difference between it and ProV1. I'm guessing most of the bashing in this thread comes from those in the first two groups.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I played my first round with the KSig3's and have no complaints. I have played the original KSig off and on since they were first released along with ProV1x. At my skill level there really is not any noticeable difference between those two, and I found the K3 to be similar to other softer balls I've played.

All of the posturing and hyperbole over these balls is pretty silly. After two years and a whole bunch of amateurs reviewing it the bottom line is it is a very good ball that to a less than top tier player is a great bargain. Anyone who says it is not a great deal has: 1. Never played it. 2. Has an ulterior motive for criticizing it 3. Is at such a high level of proficiency that they can actually tell the difference between it and ProV1. I'm guessing most of the bashing in this thread comes from those in the first two groups.

add: 4. fanboy's of _(insert alternate brand here)_

i bought some of the last release of the k-sigs. it is a good ball but, there are lots better.

i wasnt trying to be super insightful. i was just stating that to me this is not the end all be all of golf balls. If you would like more info than that i will gladly provide it.

Distance : the ball is good in this category. i think that without a large sample size I would not be able tell if there is a significant difference between this and any other 50 dollar box of balls out there. you get a good trajectory, solid feel, and good distance. i hit it the same distance as far as i can tell as any other premium ball.

Control/work ability : again it is good enough for me. i am not Seve, so i dont need a ball that bends like it was kicked by beckham. It basically does what i ask of it.

feel : this basically means putting. it is a little clicky, not terrible, not awesome.

I would say that you are in the minority on much of your assessment. I found the K balls both offer plenty of spin having played the K-sig a large part of last season of and on with my other Gamer the B-stone BRXS and recently taking the K3 out for a round this past week. The K-sig reviews have demonstrated that this ball is in on par with any tour level ball on the market. Moving on the K3 performed very well for me on mid-short irons into the green I never found a ball more than 24" from its pitch mark and with wedges you could back the K3 up without much effort. With BRXs my typical gamer I would say the two compare very favorably, I have 18 holes on a K3 that could easily be put back in play my next round as a result I was impressed by the K3's durability. To be fare in my reply, as my review stated I played the K3 on a day when the greens were softer and as a result they were receptive and as most here know the ball is only part of equation, however with firmer greens I feel the K3 ball's performance would warrant play.

i dont disagree with you at all. I feel that is exactly what i said, the ball is on par. i simply stated that my opinion is that other ball spun more around the green. everything else except durability, which i would say is not good, is completely comparable. i think it is great that you like it.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

From what I know is that both k4 & k3 are copycat of other brand's outdated (tour) balls. Thus, you may have favorable experience such as feel, distance & spin. So playing k4 or k3 is like playing old version of tour urethane balls. Or buying outdated brand new car with less bells & whistles but functioning fine.

So some people do not mind buying "outdated design but new" balls due to the lower cost whereas other breed of people are adamant of buying the most updated brand new balls no matter what the cost is.

The choice is yours.

From what I know is that both k4 & k3 are copycat of other brand's outdated (tour) balls. Thus, you may have favorable experience such as feel, distance & spin. So playing k4 or k3 is like playing old version of tour urethane balls. Or buying outdated brand new car with less bells & whistles but functioning fine.

So some people do not mind buying "outdated design but new" balls due to the lower cost whereas other breed of people are adamant of buying the most updated brand new balls no matter what the cost is.

The choice is yours.

How do you know this? Which ones?

The choice is yours.

How do you know this? Which ones?

I have not heard anything like this before. I think the ball is just fine. This is the strangest comment i have seen yet.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

The choice is yours.

This is just funny!

Rick Shiels compares 2 brand new Titleist balls one from 20 years ago. The old ball was down by about 11 yards in driver carry. The short game spin numbers were almost identical. If you think you are getting an advantage by buying the newest ball technology every year it may be fantasy. Also remember that old Titleist was sitting on a shelf for 20 years that alone will affect its properties.

i dont disagree with you at all. I feel that is exactly what i said, the ball is on par. i simply stated that my opinion is that other ball spun more around the green. everything else except durability, which i would say is not good, is completely comparable. i think it is great that you like it.

Did you play the original ksig? If so, that would explain the durability difference. The K3 is VERY durable, the original k4 is not nearly as durable.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

i bought some at the very end of last year. i would say was the second release... i dunno that for sure. it was not the first wave that i know for sure. i think it was the second.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I've been a Pro V1 and V1x guy for a long time, sprinkled in with some BB330's and Chromesofts. The K Sigs are every bit as good as the Titleist, and absolutely tear up the greens for me. The 3 piece is more of a hop and stop, but the 4 piece just zips back. I golfed yesterday, and took pics of this 8 iron that I hit about 20 feet short of the pin, and backed up all the way to the fringe, with a slight down hill slope helping.

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

I've been a Pro V1 and V1x guy for a long time, sprinkled in with some BB330's and Chromesofts. The K Sigs are every bit as good as the Titleist, and absolutely tear up the greens for me. The 3 piece is more of a hop and stop, but the 4 piece just zips back. I golfed yesterday, and took pics of this 8 iron that I hit about 20 feet short of the pin, and backed up all the way to the fringe, with a slight down hill slope helping.

So what you are saying is this is not the best ball for your game. You are now in 3 putt territory.

So what you are saying is this is not the best ball for your game. You are now in 3 putt territory.

Blame the caddie, he mis-clubbed you...

10 feet is 3 putt territory for me!!! I was testing the 3 piece ball, and switched back to the 4 piece yesterday because my stepson was trying out the 3 piece, kind of forgot how much the 4 piece backs up for me.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

Blame the caddie, he mis-clubbed you...

I was in the dreaded in between club distance, and took a little too much off of it, that's all.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

i bought some at the very end of last year. i would say was the second release... i dunno that for sure. it was not the first wave that i know for sure. i think it was the second.

Anything purchased prior to the release a few weeks ago was the original 4-piece KSIG. So what you bought was the original KSIG and I find that ball's durability to be not that great. The release a few weeks ago was of the original ksig and also a new ball that is a 3-piece. The durability of the 3-piece is way better than the 4-piece. That is why the review a few posts back spoke of great durability....it was for the 3-piece and a very different ball from what you played.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Man, that ball dug a pit in the green. I don’t think I ever seen a ball mark like that. That looks almost as deep as the diameter of the ball!

nice, i took 5 kisig 4 piece, 5 bstone XS, 5 srixon z stars, and 5 MTB reds to a course with a practice green that you can hit shots out to 130 yard to see the difference. i started at 25 and moved back to 50, then 75 yards with a shag bag, and hit shots. I did this all with a 60 degree cleveland RTX 3 wedge x flex DG gold shaft. at all distances the ksig for me consistently was the least impressive at all distances,

It appears that i am in the minority here, and i am ok with that. It is still a very good and very playable ball. it is just not my favorite.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Man, that ball dug a pit in the green. I don’t think I ever seen a ball mark like that. That looks almost as deep as the diameter of the ball!

I've had some that were even bigger! The one's with a wedge are really big and deep, that one was an 8 iron. I'll try and take some more pics when I can. Just love both the 3 and 4 piece balls.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

I'm curious why a 3 or 4 piece ball would make such a mark on the green. I can see the back spin but on a soft green I've sunk many a surlyn ball like that. Lots of loft is all it takes.

Spin, plain and simple. Any ball when thrown up high with a sand wedge to a soft green will leave a big mark, but a Surylyn will never back up like a urethane covered ball. That pitch mark was with an 8 iron, so it didn't come in as high as my sand wedge for sure.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

I'm curious why a 3 or 4 piece ball would make such a mark on the green. I can see the back spin but on a soft green I've sunk many a surlyn ball like that. Lots of loft is all it takes.

Spin, plain and simple. Any ball when thrown up high with a sand wedge to a soft green will leave a big mark, but a Surylyn will never back up like a urethane covered ball. That pitch mark was with an 8 iron, so it didn't come in as high as my sand wedge for sure.

Those greens must be mighty soft!