Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I also received my Kirkland gloves and poker chip yesterday. I use a med and they are a little tighter than my regular glove shown below. After a range session, they loosened up and felt just right. The leather is very soft and tacky. I very happy with them and will probably stockpile them just like the orig ksig golf ball LOL .

smva8j9qpx76.jpg

• Like 1

> @Bobb3rdown said:

> > @starrman77 said:

> > Over hyped and over rated.

>

> At 12.50 a dozen if they perform at all their worth it. Unless I lose a club of distance due to spin.

That’s what I found. Great feeling on the putter, spun well around the green and approach shots. But for me, they were lacking distance off the tee and I lost a club on approaches. Traded 4 dz for couches for the basement last fall.

> @backhill said:

> > @Bobb3rdown said:

> > > @starrman77 said:

> > > Over hyped and over rated.

> >

> > At 12.50 a dozen if they perform at all their worth it. Unless I lose a club of distance due to spin.

>

> That’s what I found. Great feeling on the putter, spun well around the green and approach shots. But for me, they were lacking distance off the tee and I lost a club on approaches. Traded 4 dz for couches for the basement last fall.

Well. I will find out on Sunday. Guess I'll just bring a couple sleeves of z stars with me.just in case.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

Just got my Kirkland Signature golf gloves. They are excellent. Hope they wear well because it will be a fantastic value if they do.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

I experienced just that today. Nothing more then a 10mph gust every once in a while. Switched to a z star xv for the back 9. Will continue to to test though. Also they didnt spin very much for me at all around the greens.

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

I don't think it's been confirmed there's a "new" 3p ball...while the rest of your observations is nothing new to those that have followed this thread, it is nearly identical to my findings, although I wouldn't use "woefully inadequate" to describe the distance loss I experienced off the driver and irons. I prefer the 4pc myself.

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

Is this a typo or are you stating the three piece ball stinks? The original three piece ball is much better than a $!5/doz ball though it isn't good in the wind IMHO. Some folks have said there are differences between the old three piece ball and ones that have come out recently. Are you referring to those?

> @soregongolfer said:

> > @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

>

> Is this a typo or are you stating the three piece ball stinks? The original three piece ball is much better than a $!5/doz ball though it isn't good in the wind IMHO. Some folks have said there are differences between the old three piece ball and ones that have come out recently. Are you referring to those?

Costco has only released to retail one 4 piece Kirkland ball and one 3 piece Kirkland ball. That's it. While Costco has had different Kirkland balls (side stamps) on the USGA conforming list they have not at this time been sold by Costco. Plenty of people in this thread recently do not know what they are talking about.

• Like 2

> @grm24 said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> > > @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > > The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

> >

> > Is this a typo or are you stating the three piece ball stinks? The original three piece ball is much better than a $!5/doz ball though it isn't good in the wind IMHO. Some folks have said there are differences between the old three piece ball and ones that have come out recently. Are you referring to those?

>

> Plenty of people in this thread recently do not know what they are talking about.

Welcome to America 2019.

• Like 1

I normally play the prov1x.

A friend gave me a sleeve of the K 3-piece and I tried it for the first time.

- Two rounds on one ball. Ball was in great shape.

- Distance with all clubs was the same.

- Spin was good, balls ended up a foot in front of the the pitch mark on the green, which seemed normal. I will do a better spin comparison with a prov1x next time out.

- I had my friend get me a 2 dozen pack for 23.99. This is an insane price for this quality ball.

Here is a good link to Rick Shiels who does great golf equipment reviews. He compares the K 4-piece to the chrome soft and the K does very well.

> @grm24 said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> > > The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

> >

> > Is this a typo or are you stating the three piece ball stinks? The original three piece ball is much better than a $!5/doz ball though it isn't good in the wind IMHO. Some folks have said there are differences between the old three piece ball and ones that have come out recently. Are you referring to those?

>

> Costco has only released to retail one 4 piece Kirkland ball and one 3 piece Kirkland ball. That's it. While Costco has had different Kirkland balls (side stamps) on the USGA conforming list they have not at this time been sold by Costco. Plenty of people in this thread recently do not know what they are talking about.

Actually there's been two 3 piece balls. The internal may be the same but we are not for certain, however the original 3 piece cover (shiny) is much different than the new 3 piece cover (dull, similar to the 4 piece). See pictures from a post a couple of ago.

• Like 1

> @monks66 said:

> So the Masters is right around the corner, probably know my answer, but some anticipation on whether the K4 will show its face...

That's the hope, but it's a different ball than the original. The new ball is the "Performance One" (KP1), where the original 4 piece was labled "Tour Performance".

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Luckyguy705 said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @soregongolfer said:

> > > > @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > > > The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

> > >

> > > Is this a typo or are you stating the three piece ball stinks? The original three piece ball is much better than a $!5/doz ball though it isn't good in the wind IMHO. Some folks have said there are differences between the old three piece ball and ones that have come out recently. Are you referring to those?

> >

> > Costco has only released to retail one 4 piece Kirkland ball and one 3 piece Kirkland ball. That's it. While Costco has had different Kirkland balls (side stamps) on the USGA conforming list they have not at this time been sold by Costco. Plenty of people in this thread recently do not know what they are talking about.

>

> Actually there's been two 3 piece balls. The internal may be the same but we are not for certain, however the original 3 piece cover (shiny) is much different than the new 3 piece cover (dull, similar to the 4 piece). See pictures from a post a couple of ago.

If Costco changed the construction of the ball, then it would have to have a new stamp to comply with the rules of the USGA conforming list. Since it's the same stamp, it's likely the same ball.

Edit: The limit for the K3 ball at Costco's website has been bumped back up to 3 (from 2). Let's clean them out and make room for the KP1!

• Like 2

> @dasams said:

> If Costco changed the construction of the ball, then it would have to have a new stamp to comply with the rules of the USGA conforming list. Since it's the same stamp, it's likely the same ball.

>

Doesn't Titleist have a new "model" of the Pro V1 each year? Do they change their stamp?

Sto Pro Veritate

> @soregongolfer said:

> > @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > The performance of their new 3-piece is a significant decline from the original 3-piece. While it's putting and green-side abilities remain respectable, it's distance performance off of the irons and in the wind, are woefully inadequate... if not completely absent. At $15 /dozen, you get what you pay for... a $15 /dozen ball.

>

> Is this a typo or are you stating the three piece ball stinks? The original three piece ball is much better than a $!5/doz ball though it isn't good in the wind IMHO. Some folks have said there are differences between the old three piece ball and ones that have come out recently. Are you referring to those?

Hence the word "new" in the first sentence... To offer additional clarification, the new ball labeled "Performance +

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> As has been noted, Costco/Kirkland has factually released the 2 versions of their 3 piece ball.

Have they? The 3 piece ball has always been labeled "Performance +", and while some have noted an apparent visual change to the cover I've not seen any confirmation that the ball has changed. Would there be something on the conforming ball list to indicate the change?

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> >

>

> Hence the word "new" in the first sentence... To offer additional clarification, the new ball labeled "Performance +

the "old" 3pc ball is also a Performance +. I played it yesterday. Construction is the same, some say the appearance of the more recent orders is a bit different some (I think) said they look the same. But conforming list says they are the same ball...Care to share where you found that the ball is a different ball? Maybe pics of the "old" and "new" cut open and compared to side by side? I'm certainly interested I might buy a box of the "new" ones then.

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> >

>

> Hence the word "new" in the first sentence... To offer additional clarification, the new ball labeled "Performance +

the "old" 3pc ball is also a Performance +. I played it yesterday. Construction is the same, some say the appearance of the more recent orders is a bit different some (I think) said they look the same. But conforming list says they are the same ball...Care to share where you found that the ball is a different ball? Maybe pics of the "old" and "new" cut open and compared to side by side? I'm certainly interested I might buy a box of the "new" ones then.

> @Girevik said:

> > @dasams said:

>

> > If Costco changed the construction of the ball, then it would have to have a new stamp to comply with the rules of the USGA conforming list. Since it's the same stamp, it's likely the same ball.

> >

> Doesn't Titleist have a new "model" of the Pro V1 each year? Do they change their stamp?

>

New Pro V1 models are released every other year with new side stamps. Same as TM, Callaway, Srixon, Wilson, Bridgestone etc when they release a new version of a particular ball.

> @grm24 said:

> > @Girevik said:

> > > @dasams said:

> >

> > > If Costco changed the construction of the ball, then it would have to have a new stamp to comply with the rules of the USGA conforming list. Since it's the same stamp, it's likely the same ball.

> > >

> > Doesn't Titleist have a new "model" of the Pro V1 each year? Do they change their stamp?

> >

>

> New Pro V1 models are released every other year with new side stamps. Same as TM, Callaway, Srixon, Wilson, Bridgestone etc when they release a new version of a particular ball.

And now I know. Thanks for the info.

If that's a requirement, then I see so reason to think the Kirkland 3 piece has changed in any substantive way.

Sto Pro Veritate

> @Ridgecrest18 said:

> > @soregongolfer said:

> >

>

That's what I thought you meant, but I wanted clarification. You see, all of the 3 piece balls are labeled Performance +. There has also only been one Kirkland 3 piece ball on the USGA conforming list. It's safe to say there is only one ball not two.

• Like 1

> @Girevik said:

> > @szaino said:

> > Here is a good link to Rick Shiels who does great golf equipment reviews. He compares the K 4-piece to the chrome soft and the K does very well.

> >

> >

> I'd love to see something similar using the 3 piece, given the ball he tested isn't available any more.

>

>

[https://youtube.com/watch?v=RfFaM38VsO4](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFaM38VsO4 "https://youtube.com/watch?v=RfFaM38VsO4")

> @Rangeballz said:

> If I'm not mistaken, the first 3 piece (and perhaps 4 piece) were manufactured by Nassau in South Korea. The current 3 piece is made in China per the box.

The K3 has always been in made in China. Only the KSig (4-pc) was made in Korea by Nassau.