Patrick Reed

Scooterboy59

There is only a select few on this site who have been pumping and defending Reed from the get-go. Many posters in this thread are not some of that group.

Just throwing that out there because I think that kind of thing is funny.

Thankfully I am on the side of having always defended him here. I actually don't mind a bunch of the band wagoning because it means greater exposure for Patrick and his brand. Patrick likes pressure so the more people expecting things from him the better in his eyes. I think he will have a great year next year and contend in the majors better than he has in the past. Not gonna say something crazy like he is gonna win one or multiple ones...we all know that many things happen major weeks. After the Olympics a different Patrick was out on the PGA Tour. a more focused player with less crap going on. I think if he keeps the same mentality (tough week in week out) then he will do great. I do think his first major will be an Open Championship because of his drawing the ball. Masters will be tough without the fade as will the US Open. Here's to seeing Patrick make the top 5 in the world for real this year.

This is a legit possibility this coming year. How can he not use this as a confidence booster?? I was not a fan of Reed, ever, I will admit it. But watching him last week, it was hard not to root for the guy. He was backing up his antics at every turn and it was really special to watch him and Rory go toe to toe, that match alone should be released on DVD, haha. He was pumped yet, still showed great sportsmanship and why that is being overlooked by some is beyond me. I will be rooting for him to climb the ladder from here on out.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone said he might not have the game for Augusta, but I think his game could be a great fit there. That draw should come in handy at #2, #5, #8, #9, #10, #13, #14, and #17. Really good bunker and chipping game. Really good putter. Kinda strange he still doesn't have a Top 10 in majors yet, but it wouldn't be surprising if he makes a stronger run next year.

Never had a problem with Reed, and his performance at the RC confirms what I have always though... What. A. Player.

If he doesn't win a major next year I will be shocked. SHOCKED.

DJ, JD, RM, JS, RF, BW, DW, JR and some of their friends likely disagree.

Probably, but if he doesn't win a major next year, I wouldn't be shocked. It's hard to win those things! I know no one is going to lay down for him, but he's demonstrated he can go against the very best and deliver. He'll get one eventually.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Never had a problem with Reed, and his performance at the RC confirms what I have always though... What. A. Player.

DJ, JD, RM, JS, RF, BW, DW, JR and some of their friends likely disagree.

Probably, but if he doesn't win a major next year, I wouldn't be shocked. It's hard to win those things! I know no one is going to lay down for him, but he's demonstrated he can go against the very best and deliver. He'll get one eventually.

Yeah, I agree he'll get one, maybe a couple. Guys who welcome the pressure are relatively rare.

Surprised there has been no coverage of the Golden Bears hack which shows that Patrick Reed took a TUE to get medication for ADHD a week before his first Tour win. Has Reed ever spoken about having ADHD?

First off great job trying to do your part in attempting to drag someone down and attempt to discredit them by making a passive aggressive statement. Classy. How is this even remotely any of our business?

Secondly as someone who was diagnosed with ADHD in my early twenties I can assure you I never found ANY medication that made you a better golfer or got you to be calm while playing. I no longer take any form of medication for it and haven't for over 15 years. You obviously are not familiar with WHAT ADHD medication is. They are stimulants. Most if not all act as a sort of a "defibrillator" for the brain to get both the frontal lobe and rear to communicate at the same "speed". It takes more than a week for you to get your medication properly adjusted to your body and dialed in. On top of that it also doesn't do what you are implying. Everyone reacts differently to the medication but I can assure you most adults don't do well on it initially because we are cognizant of the changes and it feels different. I sweat profusely from it and hated it. my heart rate was thru the roof for a long time and it made me feel uneasy and entirely way to flat. Emotionally It was hard to adjust. I felt sluggish. it is RARE that you get some kind of calming effect which I am assuming you are implying this that you could all of a sudden become better at golf. Ironically enough my golf actually suffered when I was on the medication and it was one of the biggest reasons I stopped taking it.

Surprised there has been no coverage of the Golden Bears hack which shows that Patrick Reed took a TUE to get medication for ADHD a week before his first Tour win. Has Reed ever spoken about having ADHD?

First off great job trying to do your part in attempting to drag someone down and attempt to discredit them by making a passive aggressive statement. Classy. How is this even remotely any of our business?

Secondly as someone who was diagnosed with ADHD in my early twenties I can assure you I never found ANY medication that made you a better golfer or got you to be calm while playing. I no longer take any form of medication for it and haven't for over 15 years. You obviously are not familiar with WHAT ADHD medication is. They are stimulants. Most if not all act as a sort of a "defibrillator" for the brain to get both the frontal lobe and rear to communicate at the same "speed". It takes more than a week for you to get your medication properly adjusted to your body and dialed in. On top of that it also doesn't do what you are implying. Everyone reacts differently to the medication but I can assure you most adults don't do well on it initially because we are cognizant of the changes and it feels different. I sweat profusely from it and hated it. my heart rate was thru the roof for a long time and it made me feel uneasy and entirely way to flat. Emotionally It was hard to adjust. I felt sluggish. it is RARE that you get some kind of calming effect which I am assuming you are implying this that you could all of a sudden become better at golf. Ironically enough my golf actually suffered when I was on the medication and it was one of the biggest reasons I stopped taking it.

It's our business if players take supplements that help their game, unless golf is the only sport that is immune to that kind of scrutiny. The PGA Tour is notoriously bad for transparency so we're working off scraps of information.

The likes of Bubba Watson have spoken about ADHD. I've never heard Patrick Reed mention it. I was curious as to if he had mentioned it before. I am curious because it's a golf forum, maybe people know if he has or not. If he has then fair enough. I note your experience of the medication.

Why? A lot of players had great success in the Ryder Cup but still have zero Majors

kind of like Ian Poulter?

Hey buddy! Good to see you always in a good mood! Happy for the Ryder Cup?

It's our business if players take supplements that help their game, unless golf is the only sport that is immune to that kind of scrutiny. The PGA Tour is notoriously bad for transparency so we're working off scraps of information.

The likes of Bubba Watson have spoken about ADHD. I've never heard Patrick Reed mention it. I was curious as to if he had mentioned it before. I am curious because it's a golf forum, maybe people know if he has or not. If he has then fair enough. I note your experience of the medication.

It's actually zero of your business. Just like it is zero business everyone in your office were to know you were on some kind of medication. Unless it is illegal and or makes other peoples lives in danger then each person have a reasonable expectation of privacy. You didn't ask your question out of curiousness, it was a statement and a back handed comment at implying that he did something wrong. The PGA tour does NOT have to be transparent to the public. At all. Maybe between the other players it is suppose to be transparent but it has zero obligation to let the people know what medications players are on. if you are so worried about it and wonder why? Why are you so interested to know?

It's actually zero of your business. Just like it is zero business everyone in your office were to know you were on some kind of medication. Unless it is illegal and or makes other peoples lives in danger then each person have a reasonable expectation of privacy. You didn't ask your question out of curiousness, it was a statement and a back handed comment at implying that he did something wrong. The PGA tour does NOT have to be transparent to the public. At all. Maybe between the other players it is suppose to be transparent but it has zero obligation to let the people know what medications players are on. if you are so worried about it and wonder why? Why are you so interested to know?

Well, you feel unusually strongly about it. Got a mirror handy when asking those pointed questions of others?

I don't care one way or another, but since the PGA Tour sells a product based on certain values, one of which is integrity, I think the fans have a right to know if it is a facade.

This was the root of the Tiger Woods scandal. It wasn't that he had had, ahem, special hugs with every cocktail waitress from Orlando to Timbuktu, it was that it was utter hypocrisy compared to the family values brand sold by Nike and supported by the PGA Tour, even though both knew otherwise.

TM Stealth, 10.5, HZRDUS Red 65 S
Titleist TSi2, 16.5 fairway, Oban Devotion 75, S
Titleist TSi2, 21 utility, Tensei 75, S
Mizuno 923 Forged, KBS $-Taper lite S

Vokey 50, 56, 60, KBS Tour V S
Kronos Metronome

Well, you feel unusually strongly about it. Got a mirror handy when asking those pointed questions of others?

I don't care one way or another, but since the PGA Tour sells a product based on certain values, one of which is integrity, I think the fans have a right to know if it is a facade.

This was the root of the Tiger Woods scandal. It wasn't that he had had, ahem, special hugs with every cocktail waitress from Orlando to Timbuktu, it was that it was utter hypocrisy compared to the family values brand sold by Nike and supported by the PGA Tour, even though both knew otherwise.

Ever heard of HIPPA?

Ever heard of HIPPA?

Thank you. The only people who are allowed to know what medication someone takes is their doctor and themselves. Unless they release that information willingly. Doesn't matter if they are the president or they are homeless on the street. Health privacy is a BIG f***n deal these days.

You don't "deserve" to know anything. Don't like the PGA tour hypocrisy then don't watch it.

Edited to add: integrity has nothing to do with taking a stimulant for a disease. ADHD is recognized as a medical condition and many people take medication for it. As someone who was diagnosed as a child, I understand it as well as anyone. I didn't like the way meds made me feel as a kid, and so I stopped them. I chose to live with it, but sure my level of concentration was affected. If it you think that affects the integrity of the PGA tour then you do so out of ignorance and definitely not from a position of understanding.

2016 M2 9.5* Black Tie 7M3x
2016 M2 15* Black Tie MFS 8M4x
TM UDI 18* Aldila RIP Alpha 105x
PING S59 4-PW Hard stepped PX 6.5
Cleveland CG16 52*
PING Glide 2.0 58*
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
2016 Srixon Z Star

Ever heard of HIPPA?

No, but I have heard of HIPAA which relates to the obligations of a medical practitioner to his patient. The PGA Tour could have a release clause for players and reasonable disclosure of relevant medical information. They could also declare bans for PEDs or other drugs not covered by HIPAA, but they don't declare those either.

Funny how many players realise they have ADHD and need some meds for it. Likewise athlete in aerobic sports realising they have asthma. Amazing.

Kronos Metronome

Ever heard of HIPPA?

Thank you. The only people who are allowed to know what medication someone takes is their doctor and themselves. Unless they release that information willingly. Doesn't matter if they are the president or they are homeless on the street. Health privacy is a BIG f***n deal these days.

You don't "deserve" to know anything. Don't like the PGA tour hypocrisy then don't watch it.

Edited to add: integrity has nothing to do with taking a stimulant for a disease. ADHD is recognized as a medical condition and many people take medication for it. As someone who was diagnosed as a child, I understand it as well as anyone. I didn't like the way meds made me feel as a kid, and so I stopped them. I chose to live with it, but sure my level of concentration was affected. If it you think that affects the integrity of the PGA tour then you do so out of ignorance and definitely not from a position of understanding.

I am an MD, as it happens, and I know the ADHD drugs pretty well. They are essentially various versions of amphetamine designed to maintain dopamine and noradrenaline levels and cause stimulation. The US has a massive over-diagnosis of ADHD, as much as 3 times that of most western European countries. Now some of these people, perhaps you, really do have ADHD, but many do not and there are other reasons for their diagnosis or label. It is well known that these meds are also abused for work, study or other reasons. Consequently there is also a massive disproportionate use of ADHD meds in the US.

You may understand your own condition, but it would be very foolish for you to think you understand anyone else's case. You are also probably not an objective observer.

Just as there is a remarkable rate of asthma in professional cycling, one can easily see what there might be an apparent epidemic of ADHD in a sport which requires long periods of concentration.

Kronos Metronome

Ever heard of HIPPA?

I am an MD, as it happens, and I know the ADHD drugs pretty well. They are essentially various versions of amphetamine designed to maintain dopamine and noradrenaline levels and cause stimulation. The US has a massive over-diagnosis of ADHD, as much as 3 times that of most western European countries. Now some of these people, perhaps you, really do have ADHD, but many do not and there are other reasons for their diagnosis or label. It is well known that these meds are also abused for work, study or other reasons. Consequently there is also a massive disproportionate use of ADHD meds in the US.

You may understand your own condition, but it would be very foolish for you to think you understand anyone else's case. You are also probably not an objective observer.

Just as there is a remarkable rate of asthma in professional cycling, one can easily see what there might be an apparent epidemic of ADHD in a sport which requires long periods of concentration.

I fail to see the correlation to Patrick Reed. You in essence are calling out your own profession, wouldn't that be logical place to start?

Ever heard of HIPPA?

Coincidentally I'm a DO. And while I agree with your points, to judge someone based on what we see on tv without inside knowledge is asinine. It's none of our business, and if someone with qualifications such as yourself or mine has determined that these people merit treatment, then who am I to argue. It's their license at stake. I refuse to assume that someone such as Patrick is abusing these medications just based on stereotyping.

2016 M2 9.5* Black Tie 7M3x
2016 M2 15* Black Tie MFS 8M4x
TM UDI 18* Aldila RIP Alpha 105x
PING S59 4-PW Hard stepped PX 6.5
Cleveland CG16 52*
PING Glide 2.0 58*
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
2016 Srixon Z Star

Taking ADHD medicine is part of a facade of family values?? Wow

You must be fun at parties.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Wow.....just wow! The GolfWRX store should start selling pitch forks. They would make a killing. Why must it always be this way? Are we really arguing over something that we have no idea of?

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter

Wow.....just wow! The GolfWRX store should start selling pitch forks. They would make a killing. Why must it always be this way? Are we really arguing over something that we have no idea of?

How in the F anyone can have a negative thing to say about Patrick Reed BLOWS my mind?????????...After THAT Ryder Cup performance???.....Just shows how many useless troll's there are out there!!.....LOL

Ever heard of HIPPA?

I'm arguing the point that it was a backhanded accusation that Patrick is cheating in some way or bending the rules.. I'm curious as to where I am implying i understand someone elses deal? I am stating what I know as fact. it is a rarity that within a week a person nails down their right dosage...you as a doctor should know this unless you are some kind of genius and can nail it on the first dose but in my experience the doctor said let's start with this dosage and see how you feel for a few weeks. If you are implying that Patrick had been dosing all along then you are accusing him of improperly filing for a TUE as he should have done it the minute he took the drug. So as is my understanding if you don't have ADHD then then the drugs would work the opposite or very different than someone who DOES have them correct? ( I know the answer but will give you the opportunity to answer). what would someone who doesn't have ADHD benefit from taking a stimulant in Golf? last time I checked you don't want to feel jittery and over "stimulated" in golf. Are you implying that someone who legitimately has ADHD should not be allowed to take medicine for it? Your comparison to cycling is weak as someone who doesn't have Asthma could benefit from taking drugs that help them breathe. As stated above if you don't have ADHD wouldn't it be like taking a giant highly caffeinated drink? I would argue this point for ANY player as I think it's insanely disgusting that people come on here and imply things that have zero basis and effectively try to ruin a players name. Your argument that the public has the right to know is just ludicrous. As someone posted above we have HIPPA laws here in the States whether you like it or not and that gives patients and doctors a tremendous amount of privacy. Hell, my wife can't know what I'm taking unless I specifically state on the paperwork that she can know the info.

How in the F anyone can have a negative thing to say about Patrick Reed BLOWS my mind?????????...After THAT Ryder Cup performance???.....Just shows how many useless troll's there are out there!!.....LOL

Couldn't agree more with both of you!!

Meds or no meds, and the peepee wagging contest aside, Patrick is a Bad A** and he's always Played balls to the wall.

The only thing that I will say regarding medicine and its practice in America is someone commenting on American medicine and Physicians having not practiced here along side them is akin to someone who's Played the Euro Tour with/against Euro Players commenting on the PGA Tour and its Players never having Played here or with/against them.

This condition is a deeply personal issue and some accept and discuss it easier than others.

How this got off on this who knows and it doesn't matter, because as Kirk and a few others said, its no one's friggin business on this site.

Have a nice evening/day Gents :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Meds or no meds, and the peepee wagging contest aside, Patrick is a Bad A** and he's always Played balls to the wall.

The only thing that I will say regarding medicine and its practice is someone commenting on American medicine and Physicians having not practiced here is akin to someone who's Played the Euro Tour against/with Euro Players commenting on the PGA Tour and its Players never having Played here or against/with them.

This condition is a deeply personal condition and some accept and discuss it better than others.

How this got off on this who knows and it doesn't matter, because as Kirk and a few others said, its no one's friggin business on this site.

All the Best,

RP

Richard you are the best buddy. couldn't have said it better.

From my period of time residing in Hawaii, know of several people that had positive interactions with Patrick and Justine. He has an admirable game and appears to care deeply about striving to be a good husband and father.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I like those parties where you try to explain simple concepts to people who just don't get them or confuse one with another.

Fancy coming to a party, Friday at 8? Being a bottle. A large one, probably.

Kronos Metronome

The only thing that I will say regarding medicine and its practice in America is someone commenting on American medicine and Physicians having not practiced here along side them is akin to someone who's Played the Euro Tour with/against Euro Players commenting on the PGA Tour and its Players never having Played here or with/against them.

This condition is a deeply personal issue and some accept and discuss it easier than others.

All the Best,

RP

How do you know that?

(You are wrong, as it happens).

And plenty of people here who have never broken 80 or even been outside the lower 48 comment freely on the Euro Tour day in, day out.

Kronos Metronome

I like those parties where you try to explain simple concepts to people who just don't get them or confuse one with another.

Fancy coming to a party, Friday at 8? Being a bottle. A large one, probably.

Interesting...what concept are you trying to explain that none of us are getting or are confusing? I pretty sure it's the other way around. Just because you are doctor doesn't mean you are an expert at ADHD Unless you are in fact someone who treats those patients regularly. I'm still curious as to your answer about what ADHD drugs would do to someone who doesn't actually have the disease. I haven't followed what new drug releases are out there for ADHD in quite sometime so maybe there is something new that effects all people the same but I am pretty certain there isn't. All any of us are trying to explain to you is that YOU do not in fact have the right to know what any PGA tour player is taking and they are protected by certain laws here. You should know that since you are implying that you have practiced medicine here. PGA tour players are protected under the same laws as common people. You or the the guy who posted the original comment have yet to answer...Are you in fact implying that Patrick has cheated or bent the rules to favor him?

All the Best,

RP

How do you know that?

First, you said that you were a Physician

Second, your location says "Wokingham, Berks"

I assumed.....

If I'm wrong, and you have practiced medicine as a Physician in this country then you have every right to critique or criticise it. And yes, I am very familiar with the cliche regarding assuming, making an a** of you and me yada yada yada.

Right or wrong, assuming or not, I have a propensity towards being one anyway, so its almost like I'm immune from the cliche cuz I accept it.

Regarding comparing my American/Euro Physician analogy with a bunch of guys not breakin 80, commenting on the Euro Tour day in and day out, well, I'm just gonna let it stand and let the members decide if your response is an apples to apples thingy, lmao.

And while I do agree that anyone can say anything about anything, I only give credibility to someone who's "been there done it," regardless of their success level. That does not matter to me as much as first hand experience because I've learned as just much from those that have been there done it and lost as I have from those that won.

Hey, if I was wrong, it won't be the first time and it SureTF won't be the last, lol

Apologies if that is the case

Stay well My Friend :)

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24