Patrick Reed

Scooterboy59

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife and I seldom use profanity, wasn't common in our home. It's not tolerated in the office either, so its not listened for on TV.

The only golf person we use to regularly see mouthing profanities was Tiger. Probably because camera's were always doing closeups on his face. That's not to say others didn't use it, its just they didn't or don't have a camera in their face all the time.

Today's youth are sadly vocabulary challenged. Lacking being taught manners and self-control at home, profanity is all they know to express frustration. Thankfully, TV attempts to mute it out. Unfortunately, children in the nearby gallery get the full affect; suppose its like hearing parents at home; either way, its wrong.

Its funny, PT.

My wife says she never heard her Father drop an F-bomb in over 30+ years.

I go play a round with him, and he curses like a sailor on leave ; )

Do the things he did and the things he supposedly did in college bother anyone?

Hearsay without any proof. He was a winner in college golf and he is on the PGA Tour.

Greg

So suppose they are true.....Would that bother you?

Not so much cuz most of us have done things while in college that we aren't proud of but we grow-up/mature, learn from those mistakes and make something better of ourselves. Personally, I don't believe they are true and since I know the Patrick Reed of today, I'll stand by him.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

Eventually, you have to come around to the thinking that Patrick, like so many young kids, was just a misguided, self-indulgent punk. Most of the people on this board did things when they were young that they try to forget.

Most? Are you sure it's most? Because that would contradict my observations of the internet community in general, wherein most people appear to to be righteous and beyond reproach.

Eventually, you have to come around to the thinking that Patrick, like so many young kids, was just a misguided, self-indulgent punk. Most of the people on this board did things when they were young that they try to forget.

Most? Are you sure it's most? Because that would contradict my observations of the internet community in general, wherein most people appear to to be righteous and beyond reproach.

All I can say is I'm glad there were no cameras around me when I was in my early 20s...

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

European Ryder cup fan here..

The American team were disinterested and disheartened in 2014.

Patrick and Jordan lay waste to our lot to the tune of 2.5 points out of 3 (despite being dropped on the first day afternoon!!!)

Patrick goes out second for the singles after speith with early points vital (despite being the two youngest players on the team WTF Tom?)

and sticks a one up win on the board against stenson who was 3/0 for the week in one of the most viciously brilliant Ryder cup singles I will ever see.

Treasure him ..he's a winner the only USA player after that match I wished was European .

So...anybody see the rant on the PGA Tour's Facebook page over the weekend by sister Hanna Reed about brother Patrick before the Tour deleted it? Thank God at least one twitter person took a screenshot. Now it's out there for all eternity. It's on golfunfiltered.com and other places I'm sure. I was embarrassed sitting here alone reading it. Talk about airing family dirty laundry O...M...G

So...anybody see the rant on the PGA Tour's Facebook page over the weekend by sister Hanna Reed about brother Patrick before the Tour deleted it? Thank God at least one twitter person took a screenshot. Now it's out there for all eternity. It's on golfunfiltered.com and other places I'm sure. I was embarrassed sitting here alone reading it. Talk about airing family dirty laundry O...M...G

like a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest...

I try to stay out of family feuds. One reason is I don't care, and the second reason is, I really don't care.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

All I can say is I'm glad there were no cameras around me when I was in my early 20s...

I understand many of the things said about him can't be proved, but as far as what happened when we were young, I did not cheat at golf and steal from my teammates, and from reading your post over the years, i doubt that you did either.

I try to stay out of family feuds. One reason is I don't care, and the second reason is, I really don't care.

And, we really do not know whom, if either, is telling the unvarnished truth.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Sad she did this really. honestly all she did was give credit to the argument Patrick didn't grow up in a wonderful environment. She just helped his cause. baffling. I know nothing about his families past and have never asked because frankly it's none of my business. It's odd because I've never seen or heard patrick playing the victim or asking for an easy route. The dude does it the hard way and works his Word not allowed off. It was like 110 deg with 100% humidity right before he left for the PGA and he just walked off the range from practicing for what was like 2-3 hours and I said "Damn dude...pants? it's terrible out here" he looks at me and says "gotta practice what you play in bro. I will always make it tougher when I practice"...mad respect and I am a Marine who lived by the mantra "bleed in training so you live in battle". but it was miserable here in Houston that day and don't know how he practices in pants all the time. True professional that embodies the anti-entitled attitude I wish i saw in more young folks. He respects his profession immensely.

He is rude and thinks he is better than what he is. I am not positive on what he said a few years ago after a WGC event and said quote (from golfchannel.com)

Patrick Reed was rightfully brimming with confidence when he stepped off the 18th green Sunday at Doral, where the 23-year-old captured his third PGA Tour title since August and became the youngest winner of a World Golf Championships event.

Earlier in the day, NBC ran a sit-down interview with Reed, who said that he believes he is a top-5 player in the world. He was asked about that comment again in the wake of his one-stroke victory over Bubba Watson and Jamie Donaldson.

Reed's response, in its entirety:

“I’ve worked so hard, I’ve won a lot in my junior career, did great things in (my) amateur career, was 6-0 in match play in NCAAs, won NCAAs two years in a row, got third individually one year, and now I have three wins out here on the PGA Tour.

“I just don’t see a lot of guys that have done that, besides Tiger Woods, of course, and, you know, the other legends of the game. It’s just one of those things, I believe in myself and – especially with how hard I’ve worked – I’m one of the top five players in the world.

“To come out in a field like this and to hold on wire to wire like that, I feel like I’ve proven myself.”

That top-5 comment predictably blew up on social media, and some fans criticized Reed – who is expected to rise to No. 20 in the world – as either delusional, disrespectful or cocky, perhaps a combination of all three. After all, he has never even played in a major.

I mean me personally no I think he is a great player but will never be able to be of the greats that people will remember.

I have no problem with him expressing his frustration at people who can not seem to understand etiquette at a tournament. There are no pictures. How hard is that to understand? I was just at the DB tournament and every as*clown following Spieth had their phone out snapping pictures at every swing. Just respect the rules and people like Reed wouldn't have to respond like that

I love the fact that he calls out the obnoxious fans and even had a guy removed in NY. Between NY and Boston you'd think the PGA Tour inherited all the hockey fans the last two weeks. Like I said before, I lived in Boston for five years and it only surprises me that they haven't been even more obnoxious. Never been around people who like to hear themselves talk so much.

Whether he lied, cheated, or stole. That's really none of my business. If I was a close friend and member of the family It would matter. I'm just a spectator watching golf like 100% of you here. So take him for what he is. A professional golfer.

Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

Hearsay without any proof. He was a winner in college golf and he is on the PGA Tour.

Greg

So suppose they are true.....Would that bother you?

Not so much cuz most of us have done things while in college that we aren't proud of but we grow-up/mature, learn from those mistakes and make something better of ourselves. Personally, I don't believe they are true and since I know the Patrick Reed of today, I'll stand by him.

Greg

amen Greg... these folks standing in their glass houses throwing rocks out the window amaze me... Im with you and personally dont beleive the claims anyway ... I think its a bunch of jelous teamates who did not care for Reeds attitude and playing style etc... I identify with him because im much the same way ... sort of jekyl and hyde with regards to everyday demeaner and when im competing.. hes an intense competitior whos not trying to make friends on the course... deal with it ....heck he even gives the fans the stink eye and a smart comment ...whats not to like ????

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Sad she did this really. honestly all she did was give credit to the argument Patrick didn't grow up in a wonderful environment. She just helped his cause. baffling. I know nothing about his families past and have never asked because frankly it's none of my business. It's odd because I've never seen or heard patrick playing the victim or asking for an easy route. The dude does it the hard way and works his Word not allowed off. It was like 110 deg with 100% humidity right before he left for the PGA and he just walked off the range from practicing for what was like 2-3 hours and I said "Damn dude...pants? it's terrible out here" he looks at me and says "gotta practice what you play in bro. I will always make it tougher when I practice"...mad respect and I am a Marine who lived by the mantra "bleed in training so you live in battle". but it was miserable here in Houston that day and don't know how he practices in pants all the time. True professional that embodies the anti-entitled attitude I wish i saw in more young folks. He respects his profession immensely.

Exactly Kirk... Im certain we are seeing a young man whose upbringing and home life was no pleasurable place to be... some here have crucified him for his lack of contact woth parents etc now .... I stood up for him then and will now .. when you have crappy parents , the best thing you can do if they continue to try to drag you back to where they are is cut all ties... period... Im speaking from experience... you cannot subject yourself to the mental torture that is trying to be around and ignore the abusive type situations...when you marry into a good family ( as patrick has ) you have a light bulb moment where you realize just how bad yoru family is .... how manipulative they are and how they do things ( just like the sister just did ) when you do not give into their will.... once you realize all this you have to cut it off... folks who dont understand this either came from a great home , or have became one in the same as the abusers they came from ... I say good on him for distancing himself from his family ... they arent really "family " anyway ....'family " doesnt treat people like what his sister just did ... they are simply folks he is related to by blood... his family quite clearly is his wife and brother in law plus kids.... You can trust "Family ' with your life... i doubt he trusts his sister or parents not to stab him in the back if he turned around .... sad situation ...but one he can control now that he is financially independant

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Exactly Kirk... Im certain we are seeing a young man whose upbringing and home life was no pleasurable place to be... some here have crucified him for his lack of contact woth parents etc now .... I stood up for him then and will now .. when you have crappy parents , the best thing you can do if they continue to try to drag you back to where they are is cut all ties... period... Im speaking from experience... you cannot subject yourself to the mental torture that is trying to be around and ignore the abusive type situations...when you marry into a good family ( as patrick has ) you have a light bulb moment where you realize just how bad yoru family is .... how manipulative they are and how they do things ( just like the sister just did ) when you do not give into their will.... once you realize all this you have to cut it off... folks who dont understand this either came from a great home , or have became one in the same as the abusers they came from ... I say good on him for distancing himself from his family ... they arent really "family " anyway ....'family " doesnt treat people like what his sister just did ... they are simply folks he is related to by blood... his family quite clearly is his wife and brother in law plus kids.... You can trust "Family ' with your life... i doubt he trusts his sister or parents not to stab him in the back if he turned around .... sad situation ...but one he can control now that he is financially independant

As ome of my good friends says. " I've got family that isn't blood, and blood that isn't family."

Cussing out camermen and acting childish like he can some times rubs me the wrong way.

He needs to take that Cross off...he in no way acts like a Christian.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I didn't see it. Can you point me to the twitter screenshot?