texasdave

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TW haters are so mad.

joffrey01.jpg

I'm actually a hater of the word hater.

Just because people say he's done doesn't make them 'haters'. It's like calling guys fanboys.

Yet, when it comes to these threads I like being the outlier. Hate tiger. Love PXG. Like P. Reed.

I'm just looking forward to him coming out with Miura and then all a sudden it's "Ok" to charge 2k+ for clubs.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

He will win again if he can maintain his health. You guys forget that winners are winners. They find a way to win. Tiger is a winner. Simple as that.

I am not a Tiger fan, but I hope he wins one of his first events just so some of you guys' heads will explode.

For the sake of the game, it would be beneficial to see him compete at his highest level. The issue isn't just his physical health but also the mental side. Respectfully, there probably aren't many guys who "fear" him as once was the case, he no longer has that advantage. Add to that the little struggles with his short game and I'm not sure you can attribute those to physical issues but mental ones.

The best part of this is regardless of what happens, 50% of the board will be right, 50% will be wrong and 100% will continue to share their thoughts.

I love people who believe Tiger won because his peers feared him. I guess they only feared him 25% of the time. Don't know what tournaments you watched but to me it looked like everyone was pumped to beat him. Almost as if beating him would be their greatest accomplishment in their golfing career.

We've already seen it often from Tiger. I think he's up to something like 9-10.

8 wd as a pro. 2 in one year was the most. Don't think this qualifies as often. ymmv. He missed 15 cuts as a pro plus 8 wd's. Jason Day is already at 35 and 5, Fowler has missed 39 cuts, Spieth has only missed one less cut than Tiger in their careers. Even including amateur starts Tiger has finished over 90% of his events started. Know of any other current player that can say the same? Spieth is at 83.33%. DJ has as many wd's as a pro as Tiger.

I never said he didn't have a fantastic career, just mentioned that the "injury" withdrawals have been more frequent in the last few seasons and until proven otherwise, I will expect a couple more this Fall.

"Dap - A - Dirty - Poda - Hood"!!!!!!!!!!!!(Full Blown Ghetto)

"Das - A - Tiger Wood"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Semi-Educated Ghetto)

"Tiger Woods"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Psychotic, Ignorant, semi-college educated fans)

"Eldrick Tiger Woods"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Normal educated people that don't go psycho at the drop of a hat or the mention of Tiger)!

I thought your shared love of prostitutes would have you firmly in Tiger's corner.

Keep on keeping it real.

Prime candidate for " when keepin it real , goes wrong "!

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

He will win again if he can maintain his health. You guys forget that winners are winners. They find a way to win. Tiger is a winner. Simple as that.

I am not a Tiger fan, but I hope he wins one of his first events just so some of you guys' heads will explode.

For the sake of the game, it would be beneficial to see him compete at his highest level. The issue isn't just his physical health but also the mental side. Respectfully, there probably aren't many guys who "fear" him as once was the case, he no longer has that advantage. Add to that the little struggles with his short game and I'm not sure you can attribute those to physical issues but mental ones.

The best part of this is regardless of what happens, 50% of the board will be right, 50% will be wrong and 100% will continue to share their thoughts.

I love people who believe Tiger won because his peers feared him. I guess they only feared him 25% of the time. Don't know what tournaments you watched but to me it looked like everyone was pumped to beat him. Almost as if beating him would be their greatest accomplishment in their golfing career.

That's not exactly what I posted. Historically, I've said the man has amazing talents and at one point in time, in addition to better talent, he had a mental advantage. Nicklaus used to say he had an advantage over half of the field in the US Open before it started. That advantage no longer exists.

We've already seen it often from Tiger. I think he's up to something like 9-10.

8 wd as a pro. 2 in one year was the most. Don't think this qualifies as often. ymmv. He missed 15 cuts as a pro plus 8 wd's. Jason Day is already at 35 and 5, Fowler has missed 39 cuts, Spieth has only missed one less cut than Tiger in their careers. Even including amateur starts Tiger has finished over 90% of his events started. Know of any other current player that can say the same? Spieth is at 83.33%. DJ has as many wd's as a pro as Tiger.

I never said he didn't have a fantastic career, just mentioned that the "injury" withdrawals have been more frequent in the last few seasons and until proven otherwise, I will expect a couple more this Fall.

We will see. I was just pointing out that Tiger has always been well known for grinding out cuts when others would have taken the weekend off. If he tried to go but could not once a year(yes twice one year) because of injury the last 8 years or so I consider that ok considering the career in total. I would not expect more than one this fall. As I have stated previously he is either healthy and ready to go, and will likely win or at minimum contend, or is not healthy and will not play at all. No-I do not have an "inside source or information"- just my gut feel about it. :)

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

That's not exactly what I posted. Historically, I've said the man has amazing talents and at one point in time, in addition to better talent, he had a mental advantage. Nicklaus used to say he had an advantage over half of the field in the US Open before it started. That advantage no longer exists.

Speaking of Jack. In the 86 Masters we know the other players heard the Nicklaus roars and were a bit intimidated-long after his era of dominance would have justified their fear. Tigers name moving up the leaderboard would give today's players the same.

TW haters are so mad.

joffrey01.jpg

Just because people say he's done doesn't make them 'haters'. It's like calling guys fanboys.

Yet, when it comes to these threads I like being the outlier. Hate tiger. Love PXG. Like P. Reed.

I'm just looking forward to him coming out with Miura and then all a sudden it's "Ok" to charge 2k+ for clubs.

To be honest, I've never seen an issue with the pricing, but I know that I'm in the minority there as well. I love(d) my set of baby blades, but they just aren't practical to be able to play every day.

Speaking of Jack. In the 86 Masters we know the other players heard the Nicklaus roars and were a bit intimidated-long after his era of dominance would have justified their fear. Tigers name moving up the leaderboard would give today's players the same.

Let's hope we see that!

LMFAO, screw Tiger, I thought ya meant Jonesy, lol.

I thought wow, Richard and the Mods are the best cuz they gave him a fourth chance, LMAO.

Tiger smiger.....

Have a nice evening/day Gals & Gents :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

TW haters are so mad.

joffrey01.jpg

To be honest, I've never seen an issue with the pricing, but I know that I'm in the minority there as well. I love(d) my set of baby blades, but they just aren't practical to be able to play every day.

The manufacturer sets the pricing and the market either accepts or denies it by paying for it. I don't see the problem with anyone's pricing. Yet, it seems, that a lot of people hate on the more expensive items simply because of price.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Sadly, I fear we will witness the total end to Tigers career. A back injury and especially one that has had several surgeries and at an age that is not really conducive to healing as well as when one was young, will not bode well for him if he's determined to attempt to play like he did in the past. Now he might make the cut in the safeway, but his competitive nature / ego may result in a re injury and that will be all she wrote. I'm still amazed as to how he managed to play and win with a bad leg and sever pain, but a bad back is a totally different animal (been there-done that). I'm a fan of Tiger golf and what he brought to the game, just as Jack and Arnie did in their day, but time marches on and it more than likely has passed for TW.......

The manufacturer sets the pricing and the market either accepts or denies it by paying for it. I don't see the problem with anyone's pricing. Yet, it seems, that a lot of people hate on the more expensive items simply because of price.

Hater. :)

I'm just going to wait for you to sell your driver. Email me first though! :)

I know this is not the place for this, but we're friends here right? But while we criticize folks who can swipe a platinum card for $10K on PXGs, we still criticize someone who spends $1500 on a set of irons? Why? Heck, if I had the means, why not? I'd be doing the same thing.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

Let's hope we see that!

Almost NONE of the players know what it's like to have a healthy and engaged Tiger Woods bearing down on you on the leaderboard. They have no fear because they never had to experience it. Seeing it on TV clearly isn't the same. I hope before he finally hangs up the clubs for good they have to experience that, just to see how they respond to it.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

Yeah, it won't be like this. Great ad.

LOL........that was a good commercial. Funny.....4 of the 5 aren't with Nike any more and one isn't even playing now.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Planning to attend the Safeway on the 13th. Military gets in free so it's win win for me.

Thanks for your service.

Yep, thanks for your service and sacrifice!!

Enjoy the day!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Let's hope we see that!

Almost NONE of the players know what it's like to have a healthy and engaged Tiger Woods bearing down on you on the leaderboard. They have no fear because they never had to experience it. Seeing it on TV clearly isn't the same. I hope before he finally hangs up the clubs for good they have to experience that, just to see how they respond to it.

They do not have the fear but they grew up with it and knew it. Half the field is still the guys Tiger beat up on and half grew up idolizing him. IF-I repeat a big IF-he comes back healthy the first time he is is climbing the leaderboard some of them, maybe not all, will be wondering "is Tiger back? Oh sh**!" :)

If Rory winning this past weekend was good for golf, this is awesome for the game! I hope TW Can stay healthy and get back to contending for majors

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Sadly, I fear we will witness the total end to Tigers career. A back injury and especially one that has had several surgeries and at an age that is not really conducive to healing as well as when one was young, will not bode well for him if he's determined to attempt to play like he did in the past. Now he might make the cut in the safeway, but his competitive nature / ego may result in a re injury and that will be all she wrote. I'm still amazed as to how he managed to play and win with a bad leg and sever pain, but a bad back is a totally different animal (been there-done that). I'm a fan of Tiger golf and what he brought to the game, just as Jack and Arnie did in their day, but time marches on and it more than likely has passed for TW.......

Oh course, at some point his career will come to a close.

He said he would not play again util his health (back) would allow him to compete at the highest level possible. I'd say his game will be where he wants it for now; for sure there will be some rust but until he tees it up when it counts it's hard to know exactly how sharp he may or may not be.

If his swing is solid and he has some confidence in it, a healthy (physically and mentally) TW at 40 will be fun to watch. Probably won't be able to beat most everyone with a "B" game any more but if he is as good/better than the field , tee through green, he should be very competitive.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Let's hope we see that!

They do not have the fear but they grew up with it and knew it. Half the field is still the guys Tiger beat up on and half grew up idolizing him. IF-I repeat a big IF-he comes back healthy the first time he is is climbing the leaderboard some of them, maybe not all, will be wondering "is Tiger back? Oh sh**!" :)

Agreed. The first lesson I had to learn when my back went bad: Do NOT swing anything at 200 MPH. You will hurt yourself. Guaranteed. He'd be wise to dial it back. Then again, we've said that for years now. Maybe this time, he'll listen to everyone and change his style of play.

C'mon, Tiger!!!

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Let's hope we see that!

Agreed. The first lesson I had to learn when my back went bad: Do NOT swing anything at 200 MPH. You will hurt yourself. Guaranteed. He'd be wise to dial it back. Then again, we've said that for years now. Maybe this time, he'll listen to everyone and change his style of play.

He just needs to use his Ranger Rick swing lol. It's not the speed it is the abruptness of the transition that would do harm. His smooth swing has as much or more speed as the harsh one.