2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

If we were talking about anyone else, I'd say he'd be playing most of the same stuff he always has. Why? Because we'd have seen some sort of photo of SOMETHING by now, even if it was just an iron that had the markings and distinguishing features covered. However, Tiger is about as secretive as it gets, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just been in the simulator room banging away with his new clubs for months. Again, it would be hard for me to believe that he wouldn't have gone to an actual range at least once prior to Monday with the new clubs or same old clubs, but this is Tiger we're talking about.

Interesting to see that people have "sources" that are telling them different things. It seems to all be speculation at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new rumored equipment in the original tweet was in his bag...or if he just stuck with the Nike stuff and changed putters. I really don't think he'll be gaming a Nike putter next week.

I've got 18th hole skybox tickets to the Toshiba classic this weekend so I'll yell at Fred Couples and ask him if he knows what's in Tiger's bag, hahaha (not even sure if Fred is playing, but the thought of yelling a question at him made me chuckle)

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got to be playing a bonded driver right? He's never played adjustable and nothing's been on the usga conforming list yet. I'll take the tweet with a grain of salt.

I don't think anyone, taylormade included, is going to build TW a one-off bonded driver without a club contract. It may happen at some point, but if he's not playing his Nike driver, I doubt whatever he's hitting will be bonded.

Why would the company have to 'build' him a one off driver? He could go to any custom club builder. Get whatever head he likes and build a dozen with whatever shafts he likes. They would all be legal and it's like buying a steak dinner (for him) money wise.

The reason he would and the reason the company would do it for him is that he then has the manufacturing company creating the club instead of a third party... There's no reason he wouldtake it to a fitter unless he has some special reason to because the tour vans take care of things on the fly and the company can do things that fitters can't, like make a smaller version of a driver head that doesn't come in a smaller size to the public. Regardless of whether or not he has signed a contract, he may be paid by these companies to use the clubs being discussed, albeit probably not the amount of a full sponsorship, but when you put something in Tiger's hands on a golf course people buy it.

I understand that Tiger may want a tour van to build his driver and they probably would. I was responding to a post that made it sound like, if the company couldn't build him a one off driver, to his specs, he couldn't play it. They made it sound like it wouldn't be legal. Heck, he could build his own driver and it would still be legal. Legal head plus legal shaft = legal driver.

A little clarification from No Laying Up on his Tiger equipment comments. If Tiger was going to use a TM driver, I am not surprised it'd be the M1 430 (or M2 430 like Sergio is using). The day Big Cat uses a 460cc driver will be a chilly day in hell.

xNqary4.png

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

-

[b][font=times new roman,times,serif]WITB:[/font][/b]

[font=times new roman,times,serif][b]Driver: [/b]Nike Vapor Pro (10,5 degrees)
Shaft: Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana s+ Blue Board 60g X-Stiff

[b]3-wood:[/b] Nike Vapor Speed (15 degrees)
Shaft: ------ " ------

[b]5-wood: [/b]Nike Vapor Speed (19 degrees)
Shaft: ------ " ------

[b]Irons: [/b]Mizuno MP4 (4-PW) (2 degrees upright)
Shaft: N.S.PRO Modus3 Tour 105 X-stiff + 0,5"

[b]Wedges: [/b]Mizuno T7 White Satin (51-08, 56-14) (1 degree upright)
Shaft: N.S.PRO Modus3 Tour 105 X-stiff + 0,5"

[b]Putter: [/b]Ping Karsten TR Anser 2 (35,25")
[b]Ball: [/b]Titleist ProV1x[/font]

I don't see him changing much to be honest. Most likely Nike everything except the putter. He has to go back to the Scotty! I certainly can't see him changing golf balls...He's known for playing a very soft Nike ball made specifically for him. I'm sure he's got a butt load stashed away.

Jules makes the most sense yet. IMO he wants to score and play well. It's a new season, he is looking to get his competition back which is not easy, even if his game is in tip top shape. Competition golf is something different never mind Tiger Woods competition golf with millions watching and every one of them a critic.

Remember everything in his bag is specially built for him. Those irons were hand made and I suspect he will be playing everything the same until he weighs out his new endorsements. He will not be going back to Titleist, they do not pay like others. My guess would be TM, Puma then Cleveland as weird as that sounds. Mizzy doesn't pay either as much as I am sure he would play their irons.

- Something that continues to go long off the tee in the fairway
- Something that is a fairway finder when needed and long
- Something that high, consistent and helps with par 5’s
-  Something to help with long par3’s and short par 4’s

-  Something metal, lots of them and go the gaps I need
- Something metal, 2x of them and helps me 120y and in
- Putters - limited rotation because I cannot afford misses

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it.

Rather than expecting lets all try and appreciate instead. 
Treat people the way you want to be treated

I'd think Tiger plays all Nike "AS HE DID" the last tournament he played. He's a Nike LOYAL and may change things at Farmers in Jan.

He was "Nike LOYAL" when they were paying him millions of dollars a year to play their clubs.

A little clarification from No Laying Up on his Tiger equipment comments. If Tiger was going to use a TM driver, I am not surprised it'd be the M1 430 (or M2 430 like Sergio is using). The day Big Cat uses a 460cc driver will be a chilly day in hell.

xNqary4.png

Why would he not use a 460cc? Traditional wisdom is they are more forgiving and driving is an issue. Seems like a smart thing to consider.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

I would think there would be a certain amount of risk for Tiger to continue playing Nike stuff. Their clubs were as good as anything for sure but I'm talking tour van support. Say for example Tiger hates the grip on his 3 wood 10 minutes before tee off. Undoubtedly the tour van guys from any company would normally bend over backwards to accommodate a guy of his status. But what if they have actual priority Taylormade playing staff getting work done? They couldn't just bump Dustin Johnson back just because a non staff player needs help. Maybe there are unaffiliated club fixer guys on tour. No idea. I just don't see the upside to playing unsupported equipment. There are so many other great options for him. I'm guessing this is the perfect time to move to whatever equipment he wants.

What makes Kuch's ball so different? Is it custom or can you buy it in the stores?

No clue WHAT is different about it but it is apparently a ridiculously good ball. outside of Kuch I don't know who plays it. No, this ball is not available to anyone outside the PGA tour. This includes WEB.com players. many people would be surprised by this but when it comes to custom balls or Pro only balls A LOT of if not most companies will only give them to PGA tour players because they don't make a ton of them. You would have to be someone really special to get them. Take for example Charley Hoffman's hat that he wears. There are other players on the PGA tour that wear it but they will not give it out to players on the WEB.COM tour. If you see one of them with one on it's because they had status on the PGA tour and got them then. Lot's of companies save things for guys that reach the top of the top.

Matt Kuchar 100% plays retail spec B330S. Same as what we all can buy in stores. His ball is available for everyone to play.

Some of you guys are nuts. My buddy Nicky tailgates at Patriots games next to a husband and wife who both work at Titleist. Husband works on the Prov line and she is on the NXT/DH line (don't really talk with her). They do not make a different ball for their Tour players or a different hat. Yes they have Prototypes and yes the teams test these and even get extra if they like them but like every manufacture out there they need to keep costs down so everyone plays the same gear it's just the best of the best off the line. So just like the clubs are made on the same line as the Tours so are the golf balls. They simply pull the best from the bunch when they are checking spec to make sure what they are putting out meets company standards for retail. Maybe this "hat" is embroidered or has a special patch on it for Tour Issue but they are not making special hats or special balls for only one guy at some Tour Only plant hidden away in the desert underground. I know a ton about Titleist through my private club who is number one is sales in the East and Todd goes out to their facility's every two years for a whole new bag. From my father in law who grew up with Mr Uihlein in Haverhill/Plaistow and from the married couple at the Pats games who we have bough through a bunch of times for discounts.

Now what Tiger may/could get at Nike I have no clue but I can tell you at Acushnet it's nothing different. The Prov guy we know pulls randoms to check spec and anything perfect is saved and then checked multiple times and the best of the best is pulled from there for Tour. Even Scotty has gotten away from custom builds.

- Something that continues to go long off the tee in the fairway
- Something that is a fairway finder when needed and long
- Something that high, consistent and helps with par 5’s
-  Something to help with long par3’s and short par 4’s

-  Something metal, lots of them and go the gaps I need
- Something metal, 2x of them and helps me 120y and in
- Putters - limited rotation because I cannot afford misses

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it.

Rather than expecting lets all try and appreciate instead. 
Treat people the way you want to be treated

The Tour just announced at 11:00 am EST that TW WILL play the Safeway Open.

I'm sure we'll all remember where we were when we got the news.

You mean like Dallas 22nd November 1963?

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 LST 3 wood/15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/Ping Chrome Tour 2.0 Stiff (for now..)
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

xNqary4.png

Why would he not use a 460cc? Traditional wisdom is they are more forgiving and driving is an issue. Seems like a smart thing to consider.

I don't have a definitive answer there, but over the past few years every Nike driver that he used was a custom job for him (<460cc bonded hosel driver). That is just the look that he prefers.

xNqary4.png

He doesn't have an issue hitting it out of the center of the face. Never has so forgiveness isn't something he's terribly worried about. Always has said he doesn't like the drag he feels from the bigger heads

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

My best friend was at the oven in ft worth this week and they said tiger is committed to using their driver and they also made him a new set of irons that he practically designed himself. So I'm calling Nike driver and irons. Everything else is TBD.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X
Ping G410 LST 15.5 w/Ventus Red TR 7X

Ping G410 7w(19) EvenFlow Black 85g 6.0
Titleist (23)T200 4i AV White 100X

Titleist (21) T200 5-7, T100 8-P AMT S400

Ping Glide 3.0 50-56-60 modus 115w 
Spider Tour Copper slant neck 35"  
<ProV1x>

1451 user(s) are reading this topic

And people say that Tiger doesn't matter anymore...

West coast must be waking up:

1931 user(s) are reading this topic

182 members, 1742 guests, 6 anonymous users

Dislike or like him and no disrespect intended, when the man passes away it will probably say on his tombstone..

"He'll be back"

I don't see him changing much to be honest. Most likely Nike everything except the putter. He has to go back to the Scotty! I certainly can't see him changing golf balls...He's known for playing a very soft Nike ball made specifically for him. I'm sure he's got a butt load stashed away.

Jules makes the most sense yet. IMO he wants to score and play well. It's a new season, he is looking to get his competition back which is not easy, even if his game is in tip top shape. Competition golf is something different never mind Tiger Woods competition golf with millions watching and every one of them a critic.

Remember everything in his bag is specially built for him. Those irons were hand made and I suspect he will be playing everything the same until he weighs out his new endorsements. He will not be going back to Titleist, they do not pay like others. My guess would be TM, Puma then Cleveland as weird as that sounds. Mizzy doesn't pay either as much as I am sure he would play their irons.

I thought all of the Nike guys had offset language in their contracts which has been posted many times. So any money the new club company pays him comes off his Nike income? If true he could go to any company, for any amount, because it will not change his income.

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

xNqary4.png

He doesn't have an issue hitting it out of the center of the face. Never has so forgiveness isn't something he's terribly worried about. Always has said he doesn't like the drag he feels from the bigger heads

What? He's a terrible driver of the golf ball and has been for many years.

He can't hit it in play under pressure

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

#PRAYFORGREG

There's so much riding on this WITB shoot.

I hope his SLR camera can fully capture the mizuno badged irons, that are actually debadged Nikes forged by Mirua but smuggled into TWs bag by Navy Seals and then dusted off with the wings of albino bumble bees.

Off to Costco to stock up on popcorn and Diet Coke for next weeks forums. It's gonna be a blood bath on here.

Have a great golfing weekend gang!

That may be the funniest thing ever! I'm definitely tell Ted Scott about that.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

I would think there would be a certain amount of risk for Tiger to continue playing Nike stuff. Their clubs were as good as anything for sure but I'm talking tour van support. Say for example Tiger hates the grip on his 3 wood 10 minutes before tee off. Undoubtedly the tour van guys from any company would normally bend over backwards to accommodate a guy of his status. But what if they have actual priority Taylormade playing staff getting work done? They couldn't just bump Dustin Johnson back just because a non staff player needs help. Maybe there are unaffiliated club fixer guys on tour. No idea. I just don't see the upside to playing unsupported equipment. There are so many other great options for him. I'm guessing this is the perfect time to move to whatever equipment he wants.

Any and every manufacturer would help Tiger with his clubs in no time. Because he's...Tiger Woods.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

xNqary4.png

What? He's a terrible driver of the golf ball and has been for many years.

He can't hit it in play under pressure

Hmmm...yes, it's a wonder he even made it to the big show, let alone win 79 times with 14 majors.

I think his driving was a little bit better than you suggest.......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

xNqary4.png

Why doesn't he play GI irons. Or a mallet putter ? All valid questions.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What makes Kuch's ball so different? Is it custom or can you buy it in the stores?

No clue WHAT is different about it but it is apparently a ridiculously good ball. outside of Kuch I don't know who plays it. No, this ball is not available to anyone outside the PGA tour. This includes WEB.com players. many people would be surprised by this but when it comes to custom balls or Pro only balls A LOT of if not most companies will only give them to PGA tour players because they don't make a ton of them. You would have to be someone really special to get them. Take for example Charley Hoffman's hat that he wears. There are other players on the PGA tour that wear it but they will not give it out to players on the WEB.COM tour. If you see one of them with one on it's because they had status on the PGA tour and got them then. Lot's of companies save things for guys that reach the top of the top.

Matt Kuchar 100% plays retail spec B330S. Same as what we all can buy in stores. His ball is available for everyone to play.

Some of you guys are nuts. My buddy Nicky tailgates at Patriots games next to a husband and wife who both work at Titleist. Husband works on the Prov line and she is on the NXT/DH line (don't really talk with her). They do not make a different ball for their Tour players or a different hat. Yes they have Prototypes and yes the teams test these and even get extra if they like them but like every manufacture out there they need to keep costs down so everyone plays the same gear it's just the best of the best off the line. So just like the clubs are made on the same line as the Tours so are the golf balls. They simply pull the best from the bunch when they are checking spec to make sure what they are putting out meets company standards for retail. Maybe this "hat" is embroidered or has a special patch on it for Tour Issue but they are not making special hats or special balls for only one guy at some Tour Only plant hidden away in the desert underground. I know a ton about Titleist through my private club who is number one is sales in the East and Todd goes out to their facility's every two years for a whole new bag. From my father in law who grew up with Mr Uihlein in Haverhill/Plaistow and from the married couple at the Pats games who we have bough through a bunch of times for discounts.

Now what Tiger may/could get at Nike I have no clue but I can tell you at Acushnet it's nothing different. The Prov guy we know pulls randoms to check spec and anything perfect is saved and then checked multiple times and the best of the best is pulled from there for Tour. Even Scotty has gotten away from custom builds.

I would like to believe your statement but still haven't been able to find where I can buy Pro V1+'s to try like some of the players on tour use or the Pro V1x+ that Zach Johnson uses.

xNqary4.png

Tiger is a feel player. He likes to know where at on the club he hit the ball. You really only get the best feedback of that using blades. Not only that but Tiger was the best iron player on tour and is still a very good one. Irons have never been the issue. He was also one of the best putters on tour as well. He struggled with putting some before his latest injury. Many players just don't like the looks of a mallet putter. Sometimes confidence in your putting (and other parts of the game) is simply looking down and liking the looks of the club.

Bedford ehh? You must play out of Manchester?

xNqary4.png

Tiger is a feel player. He likes to know where at on the club he hit the ball. You really only get the best feedback of that using blades. Not only that but Tiger was the best iron player on tour and is still a very good one. Irons have never been the issue. He was also one of the best putters on tour as well. He struggled with putting some before his latest injury. Many players just don't like the looks of a mallet putter. Sometimes confidence in your putting (and other parts of the game) is simply looking down and liking the looks of the club.

He is not "very good" at anything related to golf and hasn't been for several years

And if he's such a good iron player he KNOWS where he hit it - the center

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2