Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

Word on the street from a kid in the bag room at the Safeway is Tiger has the Grenade Driver, wedges, and $49.99 putter.

This actually made me laugh out loud because I am following that thread too. Well done.

Hey I mean if he can save a few bucks why not. :D

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Berube ^^^^^^

I'm confused ? Are you sayin Titleist doesn't make tour only balls ? If so. They do. They are marked as such. Pro v1x+ etc. I have a couple if you need a pic. As for clubs. Most certainly are very much differences. I'm playing a set of 680 mb that are not at all like the 680 retail heads I have. They are shorter heel to toe , have much less offset in the short irons and are thicker all around. And are only stamped " Titleist forged " with no 680. Also hand stamped players initials in tiny font on the hosel. I have have several hand ground vokeys that do not resemble the retail grinds at all. To say that the Titleist retail stuff is same as the top players is just wrong. I've played and collected Titleist irons for 14 plus years and I own or have owned more than 10 sets that you can't walk into any store and buy.

Edit. Man that post is just so mistaken. Thought of another model. What about the 716 CB that is tour only with tungsten in the toe on all irons. Down to the Pw ?? Retail only goes to the 7 iron. What about the 915 d5 that Adam Scott played for ever ??? 400 cc driver that there were only 5-6 heads made reportedly. What about Adam Scott's putter. 1 of 1. ?? Or the 712u 5 irons. Retail only offered 2-4. 5 was tour only and rare. Man you couldn't be more wrong if you were trying.

Not at all what I said dude. I said the balls come out of the same line as retail. As for the Tour Issue it also comes off the same lines. Like any manufacture they mass produce. Sure their Proto's are built separately in small batches and in R&D which Adam Scott has a Proto head but everything else comes off the same manufacturing line. Titlesit does not have some special Tour Only plant or line separate from retail. All from the same place and the ball is stamped with a "+" to signify its Tour but is plucked from retail and it even explains this not only on their site but in my threads.

Your 680's I know zero about but I do know about the process as of late. The 716cb's have tungsten added after the forging. The retail heads have the spot for tungsten as its the same build and same line for Tour just slightly different process. Btw not all Tour Issue models have tungsten in all toe's. Pros can get them with or w/o. Its again something shown right on their site, http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/team-titleist/f/6/t/34275

Happy to help and prove this as I am playing with my bud Nicky tomorrow and can get the Prov ball guys info. I have had several talks with him about their ball process. Companies must keep costs down so maybe back when 680's were made te Tour Issue was made completely separate and off another line in another state but now a days its not. Titlesit simply shuts the line down, changes out the needed equipments and fires the line back up for retail vrs tour, mb vrs cb etc.

- Something that continues to go long off the tee in the fairway
- Something that is a fairway finder when needed and long
- Something that high, consistent and helps with par 5’s
-  Something to help with long par3’s and short par 4’s

-  Something metal, lots of them and go the gaps I need
- Something metal, 2x of them and helps me 120y and in
- Putters - limited rotation because I cannot afford misses

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it.

Rather than expecting lets all try and appreciate instead. 
Treat people the way you want to be treated

I suspect that he will still be using Nike gear but I would love to see him with a mixed bag. What does it say about how he felt about Nike gear if he does a complete switch the first chance he gets?

That some other OEM pays better............................

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

I suspect that he will still be using Nike gear but I would love to see him with a mixed bag. What does it say about how he felt about Nike gear if he does a complete switch the first chance he gets?

That some other OEM pays better............................

If he's got a mixed bag next week, he won't be getting paid for that I don't think.

Right............but, remember his agent isn't getting paid. Say Tiger eventually winds up with Mizuno irons because that is what he decides will be the best fit for him at this time plus they were the irons he liked to play before turning professional.........he tells his agent to get a deal done.......now the agent earns his money.

In addition to getting back on tour, I think a goal of TW is to try and establish some worth as a player (hopefully premium) again based on how he plays in the next few months. I don't think he has to win but he needs to show that he may be able to compete at the highest level again. If he can do this his value for an equipment deal will skyrocket.

Mizuno Corporation could afford the deal.......a lot of other OEM's may be hard pressed to ink a 5+ years deal for millions of dollars.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Total fanboy answer, but I'd love to see Tiger step back inside the ropes with the following:

Titleist 905T 8.5° w/X100

Titleist 970 15° Silver Head w/X100

Miura 1957 Series Custom TW Prototype Small Cavity 2-4 (18°-26°) w/X100

Miura 1957 Series Custom TW Baby Blade 5-P (30°-50°) w/X100

Miura Hand Ground 56° w/S400

Miura Hand Ground 62° w/S400

Miura 1957 Series Custom TW Prototype Newport Short Neck

Fanboyish answer. Not a Titleist guy, personally, but if he doesn't stick with Nike woods I'd expect to see some Titleist.

Ben Berube ^^^^^^

I'm confused ? Are you sayin Titleist doesn't make tour only balls ? If so. They do. They are marked as such. Pro v1x+ etc. I have a couple if you need a pic. As for clubs. Most certainly are very much differences. I'm playing a set of 680 mb that are not at all like the 680 retail heads I have. They are shorter heel to toe , have much less offset in the short irons and are thicker all around. And are only stamped " Titleist forged " with no 680. Also hand stamped players initials in tiny font on the hosel. I have have several hand ground vokeys that do not resemble the retail grinds at all. To say that the Titleist retail stuff is same as the top players is just wrong. I've played and collected Titleist irons for 14 plus years and I own or have owned more than 10 sets that you can't walk into any store and buy.

Edit. Man that post is just so mistaken. Thought of another model. What about the 716 CB that is tour only with tungsten in the toe on all irons. Down to the Pw ?? Retail only goes to the 7 iron. What about the 915 d5 that Adam Scott played for ever ??? 400 cc driver that there were only 5-6 heads made reportedly. What about Adam Scott's putter. 1 of 1. ?? Or the 712u 5 irons. Retail only offered 2-4. 5 was tour only and rare. Man you couldn't be more wrong if you were trying.

Not at all what I said dude. I said the balls come out of the same line as retail. As for the Tour Issue it also comes off the same lines. Like any manufacture they mass produce. Sure their Proto's are built separately in small batches and in R&D which Adam Scott has a Proto head but everything else comes off the same manufacturing line. Titlesit does not have some special Tour Only plant or line separate from retail. All from the same place and the ball is stamped with a "+" to signify its Tour but is plucked from retail and it even explains this not only on their site but in my threads.

Your 680's I know zero about but I do know about the process as of late. The 716cb's have tungsten added after the forging. The retail heads have the spot for tungsten as its the same build and same line for Tour just slightly different process. Btw not all Tour Issue models have tungsten in all toe's. Pros can get them with or w/o. Its again something shown right on their site, http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/team-titleist/f/6/t/34275

Happy to help and prove this as I am playing with my bud Nicky tomorrow and can get the Prov ball guys info. I have had several talks with him about their ball process. Companies must keep costs down so maybe back when 680's were made te Tour Issue was made completely separate and off another line in another state but now a days its not. Titlesit simply shuts the line down, changes out the needed equipments and fires the line back up for retail vrs tour, mb vrs cb etc.

I get what your saying. But your splitting hairs. Yes all clubs are mass produced. There isn't a single guy pounding out tour issue irons with a hammer. We get that. But those mass produced heads are highly massaged , ground , etc for the pickier players for sure. This is not done on any moving line. Couldn't be. Nor are the prototypes they so many play. So I don't see what your point is . Yes your correct. A lot of the raw heads are identical to retail initially. But end product is far from the same in a lot of instances. So I just don't know what your trying to say.

On the ball. It's pretty widely known that different balls are made for certain players. From all manufacturers. Callaway with Phils " chrome soft " is different. Kuchars ball has always been a one off from b stone. Tiger and his squishy high spin ball. They won't even let other Nike staffers get that ball. And with Titleist there are multiple special marked balls. I'll dig them up and be back. If what you say is true why on earth would they mark tour issue pro v balls several ways ? Only logical answer is that they are several different balls

Here's a great thread for your to study ... Follow the links to the usga ball list where you can see how many pro v balls are out there.

Link - http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/797047-what-is-the-tour-only-prov1x-plus-ball/

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Ben Berube ^^^^^^

I get what your saying. But your splitting hairs. Yes all clubs are mass produced. There isn't a single guy pounding out tour issue irons with a hammer. We get that. But those mass produced heads are highly massaged , ground , etc for the pickier players for sure. This is not done on any moving line. Couldn't be. Nor are the prototypes they so many play. So I don't see what your point is . Yes your correct. A lot of the raw heads are identical to retail initially. But end product is far from the same in a lot of instances. So I just don't know what your trying to say.

On the ball. It's pretty widely known that different balls are made for certain players. From all manufacturers. Callaway with Phils " chrome soft " is different. Kuchars ball has always been a one off from b stone. Tiger and his squishy high spin ball. They won't even let other Nike staffers get that ball. And with Titleist there are multiple special marked balls. I'll dig them up and be back. If what you say is true why on earth would they mark tour issue pro v balls several ways ? Only logical answer is that they are several different balls

Here's a great thread for your to study ... Follow the links to the usga ball list where you can see how many pro v balls are out there.

Link - http://www.golfwrx.c...ov1x-plus-ball/

I'm just curious why wouldn't they let others use Tiger's ball?

I do not normally comment on the forum, I generally use it for good information etc

However I have to say that I am very excited at the prospect of seeing Tiger playing again. I am of the age when I used to watch him in his prime and loved it.

The thing that I always think of when Tiger plays is the genuine fear he put into other players. Going into Sunday, if he was three of four back then you could just see the fear in others trying to hold on.

We do not see that now, sure we have good players, but nobody for me had come close to the utter domination that he had; we all have our views and opinions about the quality of players when he was in his prime etc - for me there were still plenty of good players - they for the most part just never got a look in.

Counting down the days and as far as his clubs are concerned, I am sure he could play with pretty much anything that you can buy these days - we all know that there is not much difference between all the clubs; golf is a confidence thing mostly.

He still brings so much excitement, without even hitting a ball - great stuff!

So true. Hell... I might have to take the day off Thursday to watch this shot by shot. Masters type of excitement for me.

Tiger will buy TMAG!! Write it in stone!!

I could see him and a select few close friends pooling some cheese together into an LLC. That LLC adds capital as a small % in the purchase with a larger private equity group.

---

Ohh... Bridgestone ball, Mizzy irons, old faithful cameron, same old Nike woods and wedges. Just a hunch. If he has TMag woods in there... I smell a relationship.

Ben Berube ^^^^^^

I don't know for a fact that nobody ever got to use them. But I do know that there was a stink at one point because Nike staffers got ahold of his ball and realized how much better it we for short game etc. the other Nike balls were much harder. This is well before the current Nike offerings. Back in the "inferior " days. ( I like Nike for what it's worth so not saying that as my own opinion ). I got this 1st hand from a Nike staffer and it happened during the 08 us open. This staffer was playing very well and that week played with tiger during a practice round. That is where he encountered tigers ball on a practice green. Apparently putted one back to him and noticed the soft feel. So he asked his rep for some to test and was told " tigers ball is tigers ball. You can't get them. ". He pressed more and more that week and eventually was told to " drop it " . So his " teacher " who is also related to him , goes to the range picker guy and asks " how much to get a dozen of tigers balls " and a deal as struck. When the range is picked the balls seperated and distributed back to where they belong. A lot of the balls are identical so it's only a few players like tiger who have " very unique " balls. They took these balls and Tested at a range offsite. Found them to be 5-10 yards longer and produce much better feel around the greens and off putter. He said eerily close to the pro v1 he had came from when with Titleist.

They again complained and were told no. They could not play that ball. It was made in small numbers and not to ask again. Was it a rebranded ball ? I don't know. I hit it last year as I play with that teacher in one of my regular groups. And it's a great feeling ball.

Srixon z745 9* rogue 60 125 TX 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Tiger has stated numerous times that his contract says he can play whatever he wants. I'd be shocked if Rory's contract is not worded the same way. I would expect to see them both make some changes as the year unfolds.

The golf ball would be the biggest shocker to me. Rory said he ordered 3 years worth of his ball from Nike when he heard about the shutdown. Tiger has always been very specific about his ball and I would be amazed if another manufacturer was able to come up with something to his specs this fast. I've said before that almost nothing he plays will really move the needle at retail. I will stand corrected if he really does play a Bridgestone ball. That would be a huge boost for the Bridgestone brand which really lost some market share to the Callaway Chrome Soft.

Don't forget Bridgestone many the first couple of Generations of "Tigers" Ball.

They still have all their old recipes for his specs.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I think tigers bag next week.

Driver- he will go with Taylormade 430 with bonded head with fixed weight- like a baby M2, with new Blue Board Line

3 wood- Taylormade M2 HL- with GD ad line

5 wood- nike vapor

Irons- mizuno MP 5s

Wedges- Mizuno T7s

Balls- bridgestone b330s or Z stars

Driver will be the Matrix TP7HDe; was testing in his woods too. So they will either be shafted with that or his OG Blueboard.

Sim - Ad TP
M5 15 - Diamana B
Vapor Pro 
SM8 53, 58 
BM DH89SS 

Tiger can win with anything, and any company with enough money can make anything.

Tigers probably looking for a peace of the action. Stock maybe. He has the Midas touch for golf products.

I could see him gaming Bridgestone balls and mizuno irons. He alone would greatly increase there sales and market share...... Or Any company....

Ben Berube ^^^^^^

Kuch uses 100% retail spec B330S.

So, the guy that doesn't know Taylormade is one word is our golf equipment source?

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

Rick Shiels mentioned in passing on one of his videos that it was rumoured that Tiger was part of a consortium to buy TM, and that Mike Taylor would go to work there if the deal went through. I could find the video if I had to, but if was a rumour nevertheless.

Rick Shiels doesn't know anything about anything honestly

Rick Shiels mentioned in passing on one of his videos that it was rumoured that Tiger was part of a consortium to buy TM, and that Mike Taylor would go to work there if the deal went through. I could find the video if I had to, but if was a rumour nevertheless.

Tiger trusts MT a lot with his equipment. I hope where ever TW goes, MT goes along with his crew. In a perfect scenario, TWs group buys TM and buys the Oven.

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Ben Berube ^^^^^^

I don't know for a fact that nobody ever got to use them. But I do know that there was a stink at one point because Nike staffers got ahold of his ball and realized how much better it we for short game etc. the other Nike balls were much harder. This is well before the current Nike offerings. Back in the "inferior " days. ( I like Nike for what it's worth so not saying that as my own opinion ). I got this 1st hand from a Nike staffer and it happened during the 08 us open. This staffer was playing very well and that week played with tiger during a practice round. That is where he encountered tigers ball on a practice green. Apparently putted one back to him and noticed the soft feel. So he asked his rep for some to test and was told " tigers ball is tigers ball. You can't get them. ". He pressed more and more that week and eventually was told to " drop it " . So his " teacher " who is also related to him , goes to the range picker guy and asks " how much to get a dozen of tigers balls " and a deal as struck. When the range is picked the balls seperated and distributed back to where they belong. A lot of the balls are identical so it's only a few players like tiger who have " very unique " balls. They took these balls and Tested at a range offsite. Found them to be 5-10 yards longer and produce much better feel around the greens and off putter. He said eerily close to the pro v1 he had came from when with Titleist.

They again complained and were told no. They could not play that ball. It was made in small numbers and not to ask again. Was it a rebranded ball ? I don't know. I hit it last year as I play with that teacher in one of my regular groups. And it's a great feeling ball.

I've actually played a few rounds with one of the TW balls . The one gold TW was actually sold for a limited time . There were at least 8 prototype one platinum balls that somehow got into circulation , and one of them was a TW ball.

The theme I found with the retail one and the one that was actually a platinum used by tiger was that they were very soft covered, and spun tonnes . Felt a lot like the original tour accuracy or the precept tour premium . Short hitting ball too

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

#PRAYFORGREG

There's so much riding on this WITB shoot.

I hope his SLR camera can fully capture the mizuno badged irons, that are actually debadged Nikes forged by Mirua but smuggled into TWs bag by Navy Seals and then dusted off with the wings of albino bumble bees.

Off to Costco to stock up on popcorn and Diet Coke for next weeks forums. It's gonna be a blood bath on here.

Have a great golfing weekend gang!

That may be the funniest thing ever! I'm definitely tell Ted Scott about that.

Greg

theres no pressure Greg... everyone will understand if you can t get the pictures.?

Driver- he will go with Taylormade 430 with bonded head with fixed weight- like a baby M2, with new Blue Board Line

5 wood- nike vapor

Irons- mizuno MP 5s

Wedges- Mizuno T7s

He was probably watching my iron/wedge testing thread, ended up on MP5 - T7 myself. He could have just called me....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

5 wood- nike vapor

Irons- mizuno MP 5s

Wedges- Mizuno T7s

Driver will be the Matrix TP7HDe; was testing in his woods too. So they will either be shafted with that or his OG Blueboard.

Matrix for sure IMO. No way on the Mizzy wedges. He had Mike Taylor at Nike dialed up on his grinds. From memory the 56* had 14* of bounce.

#PRAYFORGREG

There's so much riding on this WITB shoot.

I hope his SLR camera can fully capture the mizuno badged irons, that are actually debadged Nikes forged by Mirua but smuggled into TWs bag by Navy Seals and then dusted off with the wings of albino bumble bees.

Off to Costco to stock up on popcorn and Diet Coke for next weeks forums. It's gonna be a blood bath on here.

Have a great golfing weekend gang!

That may be the funniest thing ever! I'm definitely tell Ted Scott about that.

Greg

theres no pressure Greg... everyone will understand if you can t get the pictures.��

LOL... Yes Greg. Listen... it's cool. We will be fine. :fie: