2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sales of what will suffer?

Nike merchandise of any description.

As far as golf soft goods Nike has been pretty healthy an will stay that way. Lesmond and Mula will keep their shoe profits in good shape. As far as the rest of their business that Michael guy along with Lebron, Kobe, KD, etc..... Will continue to move some merchandise. To get back on topic TW should go back to the Cobra driver.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I do not normally comment on the forum, I generally use it for good information etc

However I have to say that I am very excited at the prospect of seeing Tiger playing again. I am of the age when I used to watch him in his prime and loved it.

The thing that I always think of when Tiger plays is the genuine fear he put into other players. Going into Sunday, if he was three of four back then you could just see the fear in others trying to hold on.

We do not see that now, sure we have good players, but nobody for me had come close to the utter domination that he had; we all have our views and opinions about the quality of players when he was in his prime etc - for me there were still plenty of good players - they for the most part just never got a look in.

Counting down the days and as far as his clubs are concerned, I am sure he could play with pretty much anything that you can buy these days - we all know that there is not much difference between all the clubs; golf is a confidence thing mostly.

He still brings so much excitement, without even hitting a ball - great stuff!

So true. Hell... I might have to take the day off Thursday to watch this shot by shot. Masters type of excitement for me.

Tiger will buy TMAG!! Write it in stone!!

I could see him and a select few close friends pooling some cheese together into an LLC. That LLC adds capital as a small % in the purchase with a larger private equity group.

---

Ohh... Bridgestone ball, Mizzy irons, old faithful cameron, same old Nike woods and wedges. Just a hunch. If he has TMag woods in there... I smell a relationship.

I've been thinking about the wedges, I think if he goes Mizzy Irons he goes Mizzy Wedges as well. I don't think he would want forgings from different manufacturers. Just my 2c.

I hear you. I wouldn't but I bet he does. The wedges are so personal and I cant see him getting them from someone other than Mike Taylor in this short of a time and trust them enough to use this week.

That is why he might play his old gear as well.

Here are pics I took at the Oven of his real wedges. High bounce...

Is that a v shaped sole I'm seeing?

This thread will be so disappointing and such a waste of time if he plays this tournament with his usual clubs.

There's so much "I know a guy" going on here and people saying he "will" be using "X" clubs, as if they know it for a fact. There's been at least a dozen combinations of clubs posted in this thread that people are positive he will be playing. That means most will be wrong. Chalk it up to wishful thinking, people positing what's in their own bags or wish what was im their own bags, while others are guessing nothing will change in his bag for this tournament.

Even though Nike will cease making golf equipment, I'm not sure how that will affect his contract with them. Nike may very will still be obligated to continue to pay him for using their equipment depending on the terms of his contract.

And I have it from the highest authority

that that he sold his soul to the devil!

he sold his ever lasting soul ? well.... he werent using it i guess..... LOL Just wait till you see how good he can sing into Yonder can!!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Is he on the range yet??? Can't wait to see what is actually in the bag after all this???

I doubt it since it was 5:30am local time there when you posted this. I also remember reading somewhere in this thread that he was already committed to a charity event today and tomorrow and won't be on the tournament grounds until Wednesday. Could be wrong though

Wherever he goes he's going to want a piece of it so TM might make sense. One second I'm hearing yes he is then the other he's not. At this point we'll see come Wednesday / Thursday if he changed anything yet.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

He wont be there today maybe Tuesday afternoon.

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

This thread will be so disappointing and such a waste of time if he plays this tournament with his usual clubs.

There's so much "I know a guy" going on here and people saying he "will" be using "X" clubs, as if they know it for a fact. There's been at least a dozen combinations of clubs posted in this thread that people are positive he will be playing. That means most will be wrong. Chalk it up to wishful thinking, people positing what's in their own bags or wish what was im their own bags, while others are guessing nothing will change in his bag for this tournament.

Even though Nike will cease making golf equipment, I'm not sure how that will affect his contract with them. Nike may very will still be obligated to continue to pay him for using their equipment depending on the terms of his contract.

Serious question - why?

Why would you care about what he's playing? It has no effect on you whatsoever. He's not a capable professional golfer anymore and he's never going to be again.

He was amazing - but the candle burned out long ago

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

Tiger is apparently paired with Steph Curry for the pro-am. Also, the pgatour's instagram page just posted a pic of someone putting a Woods name plate on the range with the pic tagged at the Safeway Open. It might just be click bait though...

Click bait. He'll be there for the pro-am.

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

Surely Tiger will be in the featured group on PGA Tour Live right?

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

Very conspicuous that no company has come out with the info Tiger will be playing their equipment just two days ahead.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Very conspicuous that no company has come out with the info Tiger will be playing their equipment just two days ahead.

They won't. Unless he signs an endorsement deal with them they cannot use his name or likeness. They can only say things like 14 time major champ.

Former Tour Caddie - Perpetual Opinionator

Titleist 917 10.5*
Titleist 915 15*
Titleist 913 18*
Titleist 690.MB 3-PW
Vokey 53, 59
Odessey #7 Black - Gel Face

Serious question - why?

Why would you care about what he's playing? It has no effect on you whatsoever. He's not a capable professional golfer anymore and he's never going to be again.

Serious question, how can you say that? Tiger woods is not a capable golfer and never will be again? LOL. That's a bold statement and I absolutely disagree with it. Maybe he will never win again but to act like it's a foregone conclusion is ridiculous.

Tiger was at Silverado early Saturday morning before going to the Stanford game supposedly as a member informed me yesterday. Apparently no WRX was in view.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

He wont be there today maybe Tuesday afternoon.

He is Monterey right now for his private event. He won't be at Safeway til Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday are Private Pro-Am hosted by Johnny Miller at Safeway and Tiger isn't playing in that. He isn't playing in his Private Event at Pebble Beach either. He is just hosting and putting on a golf clinic.

I can expect him to hit the ball fine Tee to Green with a couple hiccups here and there. Short Game will be average, same as putting. He hasn't played much "golf" as of late. He didn't touch a club all week during the Ryder Cup and I doubt he play more a couple 9s here and there during the week after. So I can see a made cut but its tough to say whether he will contend. I really want him to be a factor all week or make a Sunday Charge from like 8 back. But its a tough call.

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Serious question - why?

i have to be honest.... "I told you so's " are generally bad form... But im going to be sure to be off form to remind you of these words.... really makes no sense.... he has a top 10 from one of the last tournaments he played in...you do realize hes been injured? and IF healthy still remembers that the ball goes in the hole? Yes?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Not playing this week folks...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1310218-joes-self-sponsored-nike-bag-2016/#entry13270786"]WITB:[/url]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly[/color] Driver[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 3[/color] Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 5 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly 7 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000cd]Vapor Fly 4 [/color]Hybrid[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VRs [/color]5-9 Irons[/size]
[size=2]Engage 54, 60 Square[/size]
[color=#0000cd][size=2]Method Origin RORS B2-01[/size][/color]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]RZN[/color] White[/size]

Well it looks like we're going to have to pump the breaks on the speculation. All signs point to Tiger WDing from the Safeway Open. It is supposedly not health related - but performance related.

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/report-tiger-plans-withdraw-safeway-open

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Just saw Roseforts report saying he withdrew

[i][b]Driver:[/b][/i] [color=#ffd700]Callaway RFX 9.5 Matrix7M3 BlackTie S[/color]
[i][b]Fairway:[/b][/i] [color=#ffd700]Callaway Razr Fit 5w Graphite Design YS6+S[/color]
[i][b]Hybrid:[/b][/i] [color=#ffd700]Adams Idea Proto 9031 20* Dimana WB 80S[/color]
[i][b]Irons:[/b][/i] [color=#ffd700]Callaway RazrX MB 4-PW KBS Tour S+[/color]
[i][b]Wedges:[/b][/i] [color=#ffd700]Callaway MD3 Chrome 52S 56C TT S300[/color]
[i][b]Putter:[/b][/i] [color=#ffd700]Yes! Ann 35" SuperStroke 2.0[/color]
[b][i]Ball: [/i][/b][color=#ffd700]Callaway Chrome Soft[/color]
[i][b]Grips:[/b][/i][color=#ffd700] Lamkin REL ACE 3GEN Mid[/color]
[b][i]Bag: [/i][/b][color=#ffd700]PING Hoofer Vantage[/color]