2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

The way things are shaping up, he better be getting some Big Berthas and a Spin Dr wedge. Hell, might as well sign to play the Hammer X. Pains me to think this way, but dude is 100% done. He has been done mentally since he got busted, literally and figuratively. Tiger is officially a head case.

I think Tiger should bring back his clubs from his 1997 Masters win... Cobra driver, Cleveland Wedges, and Mizuno Irons. Man were those good looking irons, haha

TW1997-e1325961460795.png

He's been done since 2009 then? Well in 2012 and 2013 he was 2nd and 1st on the money list with a combined 8 wins. The 2 yrs before that he had swing changes and in 2014 his injuries started. I wouldn't say he's 100% done. Assuming the reports are true that this isn't health related, then it's the smart move. The guy gets critiqued like no one else in the world. If he doesn't believe the intricacies of his game aren't up to par yet then he's smart to wait. There's gonna be enough pressure on him when he returns...needs to make sure it's right.

So after the last debacle, he was 245 in the world golf rankings. 8 wins followed by a few years of not good golf doesn't equal stellar success. You don't drop to 245 overnight with 8 wins. He is a shell of what he was and unfortunately will never be close to that player again. For most pro golfers, that stretch would be a successful career, but we expect more from Eldrick. If he had been terrible then worked his way up to greatness, the masses would be less relentless, but when you start amazing and continue that for years, then you mentally fall off the wagon, it is much easier for everyone to pile on. He expects more of himself than 245 in the world and I'm sure he will be better, may even crack the top 50, but I would stake anything I own on a world number 1 not happening again, Put a house up a few years ago in a Duval comeback thread but no one took me up on it!

The beginning of 2014 he was #1 in the world. Not number 245. You do drop quite quickly when events are dropping off and you do not play at all so no points added. There is still the minimum divisor of 40.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tiger has been hitting an M1"..."Tiger is going to buy TM"..."My friend's counsin's daughter's therapist's dog-walker's mom saw Tiger hitting a Bridgestone ball"...

TSR3 10*/AD-DI 6x
TSR2 15*/AD-DI 7x
TS2 19*/AD-IZ 85x

T200 4/AD-IZ 95x

T100 5-9/PX LZ
SM9 46F, 50F, 54S, 60M/PX LZ

SC NP2 Tour CT Custom

Pro V1x

"Tiger has been hitting an M1"..."Tiger is going to buy TM"..."My friend's counsin's daughter's therapist's dog-walker's mom saw Tiger hitting a Bridgestone ball"...

right up there with some "self appointed" soothsayer on twitter calling the witb early and stating FACT.... what a load of shat

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

right up there with some "self appointed" soothsayer on twitter calling the witb early and stating FACT.... what a load of shat

Agreed... Like I said previously in this thread, I enjoy following the NLU twitter, but I think they need to stay in their lane and keep producing entertaining golf takes as opposed to trying to speculate based on whatever sources they may possess.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

The way things are shaping up, he better be getting some Big Berthas and a Spin Dr wedge. Hell, might as well sign to play the Hammer X. Pains me to think this way, but dude is 100% done. He has been done mentally since he got busted, literally and figuratively. Tiger is officially a head case.

I think Tiger should bring back his clubs from his 1997 Masters win... Cobra driver, Cleveland Wedges, and Mizuno Irons. Man were those good looking irons, haha

TW1997-e1325961460795.png

He's been done since 2009 then? Well in 2012 and 2013 he was 2nd and 1st on the money list with a combined 8 wins. The 2 yrs before that he had swing changes and in 2014 his injuries started. I wouldn't say he's 100% done. Assuming the reports are true that this isn't health related, then it's the smart move. The guy gets critiqued like no one else in the world. If he doesn't believe the intricacies of his game aren't up to par yet then he's smart to wait. There's gonna be enough pressure on him when he returns...needs to make sure it's right.

So after the last debacle, he was 245 in the world golf rankings. 8 wins followed by a few years of not good golf doesn't equal stellar success. You don't drop to 245 overnight with 8 wins. He is a shell of what he was and unfortunately will never be close to that player again. For most pro golfers, that stretch would be a successful career, but we expect more from Eldrick. If he had been terrible then worked his way up to greatness, the masses would be less relentless, but when you start amazing and continue that for years, then you mentally fall off the wagon, it is much easier for everyone to pile on. He expects more of himself than 245 in the world and I'm sure he will be better, may even crack the top 50, but I would stake anything I own on a world number 1 not happening again, Put a house up a few years ago in a Duval comeback thread but no one took me up on it!

The beginning of 2014 he was #1 in the world. Not number 245. You do drop quite quickly when events are dropping off and you do not play at all so no points added. There is still the minimum divisor of 40.

Here is the link to all the stats http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.08793.tiger-woods.html/statistics

In 2013, his last year ranked #1 he couldn't get off the tee and his proximity from the rough was terrible on top of that. If you now add chipping woes, other than putting, which is also questionable, what will he succeed with in the future? Obviously his proximity from the fairway WAS solid when he hit fairways, but his ranking was 127 there. I'm more of a stats guy obviously. If I always went for the sob story or my heart, I'd still think Daly could win another British. Tiger's game doesn't stack up post Thanksgiving other than 1 statistically special year. A back surgery seems to be substantially more difficult to recover from than a 9 iron to the front teeth, so I'm still saying top 50 will be his ceiling. I hope I'm wrong as it makes it more fun at Augusta when he is playing, but less fun when buying tickets.

Here is the link to all the stats http://www.pgatour.c...html/statistics

In 2013, his last year ranked #1 he couldn't get off the tee and his proximity from the rough was terrible on top of that. If you now add chipping woes, other than putting, which is also questionable, what will he succeed with in the future? Obviously his proximity from the fairway WAS solid when he hit fairways, but his ranking was 127 there. I'm more of a stats guy obviously. If I always went for the sob story or my heart, I'd still think Daly could win another British. Tiger's game doesn't stack up post Thanksgiving other than 1 statistically special year. A back surgery seems to be substantially more difficult to recover from than a 9 iron to the front teeth, so I'm still saying top 50 will be his ceiling. I hope I'm wrong as it makes it more fun at Augusta when he is playing, but less fun when buying tickets.

Ok stats. In 2013, the year you referenced, he was 2nd in SG tee to green and 2nd in SG total. The bold will of course depend totally on health.

Ok stats. In 2013, the year you referenced, he was 2nd in SG tee to green and 2nd in SG total. The bold will of course depend totally on health.

You're a stats guy....well in 2013, he was 17th in total driving (pretty good) and 69th in accuracy which isn't great but certainly isn't "couldn't get off the tee." My college coach had two sayings: 1 - There's no pictures on a scorecard. 2 - Doesn't matter how it looked, it's about results. Meaning you could hit it off the map all day and if you shoot 68 or win a tournament, who cares if you didn't hit 12 fairways and 15 greens per round.

All the stats they keep track of are nice and fun to see where your favorite player sits, but in the end, don't usually tell the whole story.

Here's the stats that count:

Approach to green - #1

Fed Ex cup pts - #1

Money leader - #1

Tee to green - #2

Scoring avg - #2

Birdie avg - #3

Total putting - #9

Best iron player from 150 - >200 (up to 275)

Let the haters hate...

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

I spy a Vapor Fly Pro 2 iron...

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

You're a stats guy....well in 2013, he was 17th in total driving (pretty good) and 69th in accuracy which isn't great but certainly isn't "couldn't get off the tee." My college coach had two sayings: 1 - There's no pictures on a scorecard. 2 - Doesn't matter how it looked, it's about results. Meaning you could hit it off the map all day and if you shoot 68 or win a tournament, who cares if you didn't hit 12 fairways and 15 greens per round.

All the stats they keep track of are nice and fun to see where your favorite player sits, but in the end, don't usually tell the whole story.

Approach to green - #1

Fed Ex cup pts - #1

Money leader - #1

Tee to green - #2

Scoring avg - #2

Birdie avg - #3

Total putting - #9

I never said he didn't have a good year, actually I said that was his best year since the Turkey incident. Here is his driving ranking. SG: OFF-THE-TEE -.142 127

Pretty clear, off the tee, he was 127, just like I said.

He also hit it miles off line. DISTANCE FROM EDGE OF FAIRWAY 30' 2"

155 on tour there.

He also hit it terrible out of the rough once he was there

ROUGH PROXIMITY 47' 6"

I also have never seen a picture on a scorecard, but your stats are typically a good indication of what is going wrong with your game. Obviously he scored, so his short game was solid....nope APPROACHES FROM INSIDE 100 YARDS (RGH) 32' 7" 174

I'll give up with the stats, but he was #1 from the fringe. I can post as many terrible stats as anyone can post good, but he had a good year in 2013. My concern is going forward, now that nothing has been proven to be corrected and we know of his chipping woes, where does the potential success come from in the future. With a bad back, he won't be able to grind like he used to so like I have said all along, top 50 will be the best I see him doing.

Seriously Tiger just get a chipper already

I hear from unconfirmed sources that Scotty Cameron is coming out with a TW chipper!

Taylormade  M Gloire Driver JDM 11.5*  - Speeder Evolution SR

Taylormade  M Gloire Fairway JDM 15* - Speeder Evolution SR

Daiwa ONOFF ARMS AKA Fairway JDM 21* - Daiwa MP-520F SR

Callaway  Epic Flash Star Hybrid JDM 26* - Speeder Evolution S

Callaway  Epic Max Fast Forged JDM 7 - AW - Nippon 950GH Neo S

Callaway  Epic Max Star JDM GW 48* - Nippon 950GH Neo S

Callaway  Epic Forged Star JDM SW 55* - Nippon 950GH S

Mizuno  Tour Chipper 25*

Kasco  Red 9/9 Model 18 JDM Putter 

I think he's enjoying the M1/M2 a lot or so I hear ;)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Approach to green - #1

Fed Ex cup pts - #1

Money leader - #1

Tee to green - #2

Scoring avg - #2

Birdie avg - #3

Total putting - #9

I never said he didn't have a good year, actually I said that was his best year since the Turkey incident. Here is his driving ranking. SG: OFF-THE-TEE -.142 127

Pretty clear, off the tee, he was 127, just like I said.

He also hit it miles off line. DISTANCE FROM EDGE OF FAIRWAY 30' 2"

155 on tour there.

He also hit it terrible out of the rough once he was there

ROUGH PROXIMITY 47' 6"

I also have never seen a picture on a scorecard, but your stats are typically a good indication of what is going wrong with your game. Obviously he scored, so his short game was solid....nope APPROACHES FROM INSIDE 100 YARDS (RGH) 32' 7" 174

I'll give up with the stats, but he was #1 from the fringe. I can post as many terrible stats as anyone can post good, but he had a good year in 2013. My concern is going forward, now that nothing has been proven to be corrected and we know of his chipping woes, where does the potential success come from in the future. With a bad back, he won't be able to grind like he used to so like I have said all along, top 50 will be the best I see him doing.

luckily he was "only" in the rough 25% of the time. Bottom line he was not driving it well on average. When he was he won, when he was so so he was very god and in contention, and when he was not he was outside the top 25. He did not miss a cut so it never killed him.

His Nike drivers were there so he could compare to what's under the Tiger headcover. THat was his primary and backup glued Nike drivers. I know the Nike guys want to believe that he will stay with their gear but he's not going to. Everyone is ignoring the obvious and that's the other driver under the headcover which is his new gamer.
I think you might be ignoring the obvious For him to have a "gamer" he'd have to be someone who plays golf. He's not. He's retired his ego just won't let him admit it.
He's got more left in him I'd say about 5-10 years worth.

What has happened in the last 2 years that makes you think that? Last shot I saw him hit he couldn't clear a 100 yard water hazard. How would broken and defeated compete with a field full of people who aren't? Because he's Tiger Woods? That guy died on Thanksgiving.

Tiger may or may not make a comeback, but I pray he does so every TW lover can put you on blast. Why hope someone does bad? Don't get people like this..

[center][b]Titleist 915 D3 9.5* [/b]w/ Aldila Rogue 125msi 70TX[/center]
[center][b]Titleist 915F 13.5*[/b] w/ Diamana White 80s[/center]
[center][b]Ping Anser 20*[/b] w/ VTS Black TSPX 85x[/center]
[center][b]Titleist AP2 714 4-PW[/b] w/ Steelfiber i110cw s[/center]
[center][b]Vokey SM5 50*[/b] w/ DG S300[/center]
[center][b]Vokey TVD M 54*, SM5 K 58* [/b]w/ DG S300[/center]
[center][b]Scotty Cameron Newport[/b] Mil-Spec, 35"[/center]
[center][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/874426-gics-2013-witb-pic-heavy/"]WITB Link[/url][/center]

Those Miuras in his bag look sweeeeet!

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

Unfortunately we may have to wait until January to find out as Tiger's back is so bad, he can't hit an 8 iron 145 yards. I can't imagine him playing a split bag as the big boys will write giant checks to have him on board. The Taylormade MB is nothing more than a MP 33/29 ripoff that feels like a cast club next to a Mizuno blade. He can go back and forth between the M1/M2 and play whatever ball he wants. In a perfect world the guy would play a Titleist driver, MP 5's, Vokeys and his old Scotty Newport but that ain't gonna happen. Even guys with a net worth over $600 mil like to get paid. Maybe Titleist will empty the bank account and get him back.

Why is he so married to the bonded driver?

[b][u]Driver:[/u][/b] Ping G30 LS Tec - Ping Tour 60X
[b][u]3 Wood:[/u][/b] Ping G - Ping Tour 80X
[b][u]3-PW:[/u][/b] Mizuno MP-15 - KBS C Taper X
[b][u]GW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 52.08 F Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]SW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 56.10 S Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]LW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 60.08 M Grind - True Temper S400
[u][b]Putter:[/b][/u] Ping Anser Redwood

Why is he so married to the bonded driver?

He's been more faithful to a bonded driver than most of his other relationships.

Titleist TS3 8.5 HZDRUS 60 6.5
Titleist TS3 15 HZDRUS 70 6.5
Titleist 818H2 19 Aldila Phenom HYB 85 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 UT 21 KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway X-Forged 18 4-PW KBS $Taper 120 S
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind and 58/8 C Grind KBS $Taper 120 S
Scotty Cameron Futura X 35"
Titleist Pro V1x

Tiger said today at the clinic that he'd be using he putter that he won 13 majors with. I'm assuming that was his Scotty Cameron Newport GSS?

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

Unfortunately we may have to wait until January to find out as Tiger's back is so bad, he can't hit an 8 iron 145 yards. I can't imagine him playing a split bag as the big boys will write giant checks to have him on board. The Taylormade MB is nothing more than a MP 33/29 ripoff that feels like a cast club next to a Mizuno blade. He can go back and forth between the M1/M2 and play whatever ball he wants. In a perfect world the guy would play a Titleist driver, MP 5's, Vokeys and his old Scotty Newport but that ain't gonna happen. Even guys with a net worth over $600 mil like to get paid. Maybe Titleist will empty the bank account and get him back.

Won't happen. No one is emptying the bank for a guy who may or may not play much at all again. Nike folded partly because Tiger has been virtually non-existent the last few years. He's not worth the risk. Someone will sign him, but I think Rory or Day will earn more for their club deals.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Won't happen. No one is emptying the bank for a guy who may or may not play much at all again. Nike folded partly because Tiger has been virtually non-existent the last few years. He's not worth the risk. Someone will sign him, but I think Rory or Day will earn more for their club deals.

It is true that is isn't likely to sign a big club deal. TM has spent their money already for their big names and a house full of fringe players. But they have been making some woods to test. He may have some other trials from others, but I don't know who. Probably the one company that might be willing to spent a little more than others, could be Parsons. He has a huge ego and he really isn't making any money on his club biz yet, so he may want a "trophy" although he likely couldn't get close to all of the bag if any. At this point I would expect a mixed bag with some small money for tee up money kind of a deal. Should be interesting, but everyone here in Napa is sad that he isn't here. He was supposedly playing very early Sat morning before he went to the Stanford game that evening. It is likely that something here told him his game wasn't going to make it. Steph Curry was disappointed also because he was to be TW's Pro-Am partner Wednesday.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.