2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

He alone would greatly increase there sales and market share...... Or Any company....

Yea, it worked real well with Nike clubs. They just FLEW off the shelf. :)

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that Tiger will be playing the following:

M2 Driver

M2 3 wood

Mizuno MP-5 Irons

Vokey Wedges

Cameron Putter

Nike Ball

I'm spending Sunday night at Silverado and will be at the practice tee first thing Monday morning, hoping to see firsthand.

I hope you're not spending a lot of money on your room cuZ Tiger won't be there on Monday. I'm hoping he's there Tuesday or Wednesday!

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

tiger won't be there on monday he always shows up late especially to non majors. good luck hopefully your there all week.. but keep us posted..

Driver: Paradym Velocore 
Woods: 3W Paradym trip diamond Velocore , 5W Paradym Velocore
Irons: ZX7 MKII 4-P ACCRA 115 
Wedges: ARTISAN 52,56,60 (yes I have a player number)
Putter: ARTISAN 0217
Ball: TP5x

Kind of scary to think off Tigers' accomplishments considering he has never been a great driver of the ball like Jack. :scare2:

He was a great driver of the ball up through 2002.......it would definitely be scary to think how many majors he would have pulled down if he had kept that up.

When he was using a steel shafted 3 wood and blowing it 100 yds by just about everyone. Equipment improvements, more so than abilities, equalized the playing field.

golfers just got more athletic and much stronger....there were no woodlands, DJ, koepkas, etc, etc when tigers came on scene.....he was longest, but game has changed and he is now alot older

Yes he played with all those short knockers like John Daly, Ernie Els, Vijay Singh... Phil Mickelson has been around for roughly the same period as Tiger and he's put it out there over 300 with the driver most of the time I can remember. In fact in the last 10 years I think the average PGA driving distance has only gone up 1/2 yards and there are only around 10 more players in the field averaging over 300.

Titleist 915 D2 10.5* Diamana D+
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
Titleist 913H 19* Project X 6.0
Titleist 714 CB 4-PW Nippon Modus 120
Titleist Vokey SM6 52* & 58* Nippon Modus 120
Odyssey ProType 6

I'm thinking that Tiger will be playing the following:

M2 Driver

M2 3 wood

Mizuno MP-5 Irons

Vokey Wedges

Cameron Putter

Nike Ball

I'm spending Sunday night at Silverado and will be at the practice tee first thing Monday morning, hoping to see firsthand.

TW will not be there until Wednesday.

About 10.5 miles south of the Silverado is napa county airport , @ 5900 ft runway plenty of length for TW's G5, good old telephoto lens might get you the scoop

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Anyone around pebble today or tomorrow? Could be a great picture opportunity.

Taylormade Qi10 9* HZRDUS 70 6.5

Titleist Tsi2 15* Tensei RAW Blue 75X

Titleist Tsr2 21* Tensei Black 85 TX
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Titleist SM5 50.12F, SM6 56.14F, 60.08M
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Stroke Lab
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

I do not normally comment on the forum, I generally use it for good information etc

However I have to say that I am very excited at the prospect of seeing Tiger playing again. I am of the age when I used to watch him in his prime and loved it.

The thing that I always think of when Tiger plays is the genuine fear he put into other players. Going into Sunday, if he was three of four back then you could just see the fear in others trying to hold on.

We do not see that now, sure we have good players, but nobody for me had come close to the utter domination that he had; we all have our views and opinions about the quality of players when he was in his prime etc - for me there were still plenty of good players - they for the most part just never got a look in.

Counting down the days and as far as his clubs are concerned, I am sure he could play with pretty much anything that you can buy these days - we all know that there is not much difference between all the clubs; golf is a confidence thing mostly.

He still brings so much excitement, without even hitting a ball - great stuff!

So true. Hell... I might have to take the day off Thursday to watch this shot by shot. Masters type of excitement for me.

Tiger will buy TMAG!! Write it in stone!!

I could see him and a select few close friends pooling some cheese together into an LLC. That LLC adds capital as a small % in the purchase with a larger private equity group.

---

Ohh... Bridgestone ball, Mizzy irons, old faithful cameron, same old Nike woods and wedges. Just a hunch. If he has TMag woods in there... I smell a relationship.

I've been thinking about the wedges, I think if he goes Mizzy Irons he goes Mizzy Wedges as well. I don't think he would want forgings from different manufacturers. Just my 2c.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Let's be honest, Tiger is still the biggest draw for any company, regardless of current form. Any brand is going to make him whatever he wants to try out because of even the slightest chance he'll end up signing with them. That being said, if he is gaming a TM driver, it certainly won't be white. It will be bonded. It will be smaller. Honestly, it could be a number of drivers if it's not a Nike. Irons are going to be Miura, regardless of stamping. Putter is a Cameron blade with a Ping grip, obviously. Wedges are Miura-forged, too. Ball will still be Nike, unless he's been working with Bridgestone or Titleist to make the pretty much the same ball he has been using. I wouldn't be surprised if he waits a good while to sign with anyone. He has no reason to be worried about it.

[list]
[*]Callaway Big Bertha DBD 816 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 70S
[*]Titleist 906F2 15 degree w/ Aldila VS Proto 85S
[*]Titleist 906F2 18 degree w/ Aldila NV 75S
[*]Mizuno MP59 (3-PW) w/ KBS Tour 120 C-Taper S+
[*]Callaway Mack Daddy 3 Lucky Clover - 56 and 52 degree
[*]Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2 (34")
[*]Snell My Tour Ball
[/list]

Let's be honest, Tiger is still the biggest draw for any company, regardless of current form. Any brand is going to make him whatever he wants to try out because of even the slightest chance he'll end up signing with them. That being said, if he is gaming a TM driver, it certainly won't be white. It will be bonded. It will be smaller. Honestly, it could be a number of drivers if it's not a Nike. Irons are going to be Miura, regardless of stamping. Putter is a Cameron blade with a Ping grip, obviously. Wedges are Miura-forged, too. Ball will still be Nike, unless he's been working with Bridgestone or Titleist to make the pretty much the same ball he has been using. I wouldn't be surprised if he waits a good while to sign with anyone. He has no reason to be worried about it.

He should play what best suits his game and win at a couple times or at the very least contend in a few tournaments before even considering signing with any one company for a full set. He needs to do well much more than he needs the money from sponsorship

[color=#0000ff]PING G410+ [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 Tour Issue 6.5 75g[/color]
[color=#0000FF]PING G410 LST 3W [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 85g[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist 818H1 2H [/color][color=#ff0000]Fujikura Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9X[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist U510 4i [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS Black Hybrid Tour Issue 6.5 105g[/color]
[color=#808080]Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 50* F Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 54* M Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 58* K Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#0000CD]Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 35" w/ Super Stroke 2.0 USA Ryder Cup Grip[/color]

Spectators are allowed Wednesday. First two days are the Johnny Miller pro Am. Tiger isn't playing in that

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Spectators are allowed Wednesday. First two days are the Johnny Miller pro Am. Tiger isn't playing in that

I'm not sure if this was meant as pure matter of fact but I caught myself laughing at this. Can't stand that guy. Anyway, I think the idea of a mixed bag at this point is good for him, though I'm not sure if he will have the TM woods. I think he will still have something Nike, and I think it'll be D,3,5 and the rest will be what's been posted earlier. Can you blame the guy for wanting to go against the money grab and actually try to play the best golf possible? I play whatever increases my confidence to hit a good shot, and sounds like confidence is what he needs right now. More than anything, so pumped we get to see tiger woods play golf again.

Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 9
Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 14.5
Callaway Apex MB 2-PW
Titleist SM7 52, SM5 58
Taylormade Spider Tour

I was told from a TaylorMade contact that Tiger will be playing a TaylorMade M1 driver (not sure if 430 or 460...or any other specifics regarding the driver) and Bridgestone ball. He also shared that Tiger was considering the TaylorMade ball and narrowed it down to those two balls, ultimately going with the Bridgestone (not sure which version). He had no knowledge of any other clubs that will be in his bag.

I was told from a TaylorMade contact that Tiger will be playing a TaylorMade M1 driver (not sure if 430 or 460...or any other specifics regarding the driver) and Bridgestone ball. He also shared that Tiger was considering the TaylorMade ball and narrowed it down to those two balls, ultimately going with the Bridgestone (not sure which version). He had no knowledge of any other clubs that will be in his bag.

TM is about to sell even more M1 drivers if this is true...

Is there actually any proof tiger has used Miura irons or is that just a rumor. Everyone talks about it and I haven't seen any proof anywhere.

It seems I, like countless others, have been misinformed for quite a while. After a little digging, I found that since he has been with Nike, none of his irons have been forged by Miura. I guess this whole thing comes from when he played Titleist and they were forged by Miura - the T-127/500 model. This discovery kind of nullifies my last post. I apologize.

This is the article with Tom Stites that debunks the rumor:

http://www.golfmagic.com/news/golf-news/tom-stites-special-part-1-tigers-clubs/6885

That being said, it's not like people don't lie to save face. For all we know, they really were Miura, and Nike didn't want anyone to know.

[list]
[*]Callaway Big Bertha DBD 816 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 70S
[*]Titleist 906F2 15 degree w/ Aldila VS Proto 85S
[*]Titleist 906F2 18 degree w/ Aldila NV 75S
[*]Mizuno MP59 (3-PW) w/ KBS Tour 120 C-Taper S+
[*]Callaway Mack Daddy 3 Lucky Clover - 56 and 52 degree
[*]Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2 (34")
[*]Snell My Tour Ball
[/list]

I do not normally comment on the forum, I generally use it for good information etc

However I have to say that I am very excited at the prospect of seeing Tiger playing again. I am of the age when I used to watch him in his prime and loved it.

The thing that I always think of when Tiger plays is the genuine fear he put into other players. Going into Sunday, if he was three of four back then you could just see the fear in others trying to hold on.

We do not see that now, sure we have good players, but nobody for me had come close to the utter domination that he had; we all have our views and opinions about the quality of players when he was in his prime etc - for me there were still plenty of good players - they for the most part just never got a look in.

Counting down the days and as far as his clubs are concerned, I am sure he could play with pretty much anything that you can buy these days - we all know that there is not much difference between all the clubs; golf is a confidence thing mostly.

He still brings so much excitement, without even hitting a ball - great stuff!

So true. Hell... I might have to take the day off Thursday to watch this shot by shot. Masters type of excitement for me.

Tiger will buy TMAG!! Write it in stone!!

I could see him and a select few close friends pooling some cheese together into an LLC. That LLC adds capital as a small % in the purchase with a larger private equity group.

---

Ohh... Bridgestone ball, Mizzy irons, old faithful cameron, same old Nike woods and wedges. Just a hunch. If he has TMag woods in there... I smell a relationship.

I've been thinking about the wedges, I think if he goes Mizzy Irons he goes Mizzy Wedges as well. I don't think he would want forgings from different manufacturers. Just my 2c.

I hear you. I wouldn't but I bet he does. The wedges are so personal and I cant see him getting them from someone other than Mike Taylor in this short of a time and trust them enough to use this week.

That is why he might play his old gear as well.

Here are pics I took at the Oven of his real wedges. High bounce...

I just find it amusing that people think that Tiger, the same player who has resisted change and eschewed technology over the course of his career (to his detriment according to many), is going to make wholesale changes across his entire bag based on Nike's commercial decision. The facts are -

- Nike are still paying Tiger, he has no financial incentive to switch.

- Nike can and have made Tiger literally ANYTHING he wants.

- Tiger presumably still has a financial interest in Nike, if Tiger is seen to be moving away from Nike product in any capacity it WILL impact sales and hurt his hip pocket. Tiger may be many things but an idiot he is not.

We will know in a couple of days but my bet is 13 Nike clubs (and ball) at a bare minimum and more than likely, all 14 clubs.

I just find it amusing that people think that Tiger, the same player who has resisted change and eschewed technology over the course of his career (to his detriment according to many), is going to make wholesale changes across his entire bag based on Nike's commercial decision. The facts are -

- Tiger presumably still has a financial interest in Nike, if Tiger is seen to be moving away from Nike product in any capacity it WILL impact sales and hurt his hip pocket. Tiger may be many things but an idiot he is not.

We will know in a couple of days but my bet is 13 Nike clubs (and ball) at a bare minimum and more than likely, all 14 clubs.

If he is "moving away from Nike product" that they don't make anymore, how does that impact sales?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Elin and my friends at Perkins don't agree that he is not an idiot.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

If he is "moving away from Nike product" that they don't make anymore, how does that impact sales?

Public view Nike product as inferior as their #1 spokesperson over the past 20 years sees fit to jump ship the moment he is contractually permitted, therefore sales across the board suffer. No way on earth Tiger will play anything but Nike in the short term, obviously in the future that will change but its not going to be this week.

TM is about to sell even more M1 drivers if this is true...

Wouldn't have just discounted them recently if this was true

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Public view Nike product as inferior as there #1 spokesperson over the past 20 years sees fit to jump ship the moment he is contractually permitted, therefore sales across the board suffer. No way on earth Tiger will play anything but Nike in the short term, obviously in the future that will change but its not going to be this week.

Sales of what will suffer?

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1