Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they VRs or Nike Original Blades? My first thought when I saw them was Original Blades, but I really can't tell.

I thought the same , look like the original muscleback

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

When Tiger came out, many teachers said his swing would cause back problems down the road. His comments were always that his fitness would overcome that. I don't care how good you are, if you basically have 5 bad years, it is going to take a pretty big impact out of the gate to convince anyone but the fanboys that you are seriously back. I hate it as much as anyone as he is great for the game, but he may play a couple more years, probably more limited than his typical schedule, then turn into a ceremonial host. I may be wrong in a year or so, but I don't believe for a minute he can hang on tour now. His ego won't let him be out driven by half the field, then comes the back issues......again.

His Nike drivers were there so he could compare to what's under the Tiger headcover. THat was his primary and backup glued Nike drivers. I know the Nike guys want to believe that he will stay with their gear but he's not going to. Everyone is ignoring the obvious and that's the other driver under the headcover which is his new gamer.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

His Nike drivers were there so he could compare to what's under the Tiger headcover. THat was his primary and backup glued Nike drivers. I know the Nike guys want to believe that he will stay with their gear but he's not going to. Everyone is ignoring the obvious and that's the other driver under the headcover which is his new gamer.

Look closely. Those aren't the vapor speed tw drivers those are newest blue colored Nike heads made for him. Not released to the public. I'm sure his favorite of the 3 is under the headcover. He's known for testing multiple heads. Video a few months ago of him testing 3 Nike heads with same shafts. Why ? Because they aren't adjustable. No taylormade in that bag.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think you might be ignoring the obvious

For him to have a "gamer" he'd have to be someone who plays golf. He's not.

He's retired his ego just won't let him admit it.

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

I think you might be ignoring the obvious

For him to have a "gamer" he'd have to be someone who plays golf. He's not.

He's retired his ego just won't let him admit it.

He's got more left in him I'd say about 5-10 years worth.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

This thread (20 pages in a couple days) proves how bad the game needs Tiger back. Love him or hate him, we all want to see him and talk about him. I feel really bad for the organizers of this weeks event and all the people who doubles their ticket sales this week. I don't necessarily agree with the decision to withdraw but, we all know this is the guy who has always said he only plays to win. The Tiger we know won't tee it up if he doesn't think he can win.

When Tiger came out, many teachers said his swing would cause back problems down the road. His comments were always that his fitness would overcome that. I don't care how good you are, if you basically have 5 bad years, it is going to take a pretty big impact out of the gate to convince anyone but the fanboys that you are seriously back. I hate it as much as anyone as he is great for the game, but he may play a couple more years, probably more limited than his typical schedule, then turn into a ceremonial host. I may be wrong in a year or so, but I don't believe for a minute he can hang on tour now. His ego won't let him be out driven by half the field, then comes the back issues......again.

Saying that Tiger's had five bad years is a pretty big stretch. He's won 8 times in those five years.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

Saying that Tiger's had five bad years is a pretty big stretch. He's won 8 times in those five years.

I mean compared to a regular PGA Tour player 8 wins is amazing. However, compared to the Tiger we were used to seeing 8 wins in 5 years is very bad.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour
Nike Vapor Fly 3w+
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW
Cobra King 52*
Titleist Vokey 56*
SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4

Sorry, but the rumors of TW and TM aren't happening, least not yet. He's swinging his Vapor Fly TW glued hosel that's on the PGA conforming list. And why does what's under the Tiger need to be a driver? Do you know how many personal head covers like that are on alignment sticks or the umbrella handle? As a matter of fact, the last time TW played, I don't think the Tiger was on the driver or any club. It just was there.

I mean compared to a regular PGA Tour player 8 wins is amazing. However, compared to the Tiger we were used to seeing 8 wins in 5 years is very bad.

And this is exactly why he is waiting...the expectations, for him, from fans and media are so much greater than anyone else. He had to weigh which backlash would be worse: WD'ing from the Safeway after committing or the possibility of not playing well after a lengthy layoff and the fans/pundits hammering him.

He has the chipping / pitching yips. They are still there because they never go away. You can learn to play around them but they never leave. Just wait and see as they were still evident in his last event on the last few holes and they will show up again in his first one back.

M1 460, Shaft TBD
Epic 15*, Oban purple 05 flex
SLDR Rescue, 19 , X Fujikura
Irons (5-P)- PXG 0311, (4) - O311XF, Steelfiber 110
Bettinardi Kutchar - DASS
Edel 51, 55, 59, Steelfiber 110

He has the chipping / pitching yips. They are still there because they never go away. You can learn to play around them but they never leave. Just wait and see as they were still evident in his last event on the last few holes and they will show up again in his first one back.

they are a scary thing indeed.

And this is exactly why he is waiting...the expectations, for him, from fans and media are so much greater than anyone else. He had to weigh which backlash would be worse: WD'ing from the Safeway after committing or the possibility of not playing well after a lengthy layoff and the fans/pundits hammering him.

Honestly, he is going to get hammered either way. He is in a no win situation and that is why I see him never being successful like the public expects again. He may finish top 125 but that isn't enough for him or us. We all hate to see a legend decline, especially when it goes so fast, but the more you read and hear about his off course exploits with military related things, he brought it upon himself.

The way things are shaping up, he better be getting some Big Berthas and a Spin Dr wedge. Hell, might as well sign to play the Hammer X. Pains me to think this way, but dude is 100% done. He has been done mentally since he got busted, literally and figuratively. Tiger is officially a head case.

I think Tiger should bring back his clubs from his 1997 Masters win... Cobra driver, Cleveland Wedges, and Mizuno Irons. Man were those good looking irons, haha

TW1997-e1325961460795.png

He's been done since 2009 then? Well in 2012 and 2013 he was 2nd and 1st on the money list with a combined 8 wins. The 2 yrs before that he had swing changes and in 2014 his injuries started. I wouldn't say he's 100% done. Assuming the reports are true that this isn't health related, then it's the smart move. The guy gets critiqued like no one else in the world. If he doesn't believe the intricacies of his game aren't up to par yet then he's smart to wait. There's gonna be enough pressure on him when he returns...needs to make sure it's right.

So after the last debacle, he was 245 in the world golf rankings. 8 wins followed by a few years of not good golf doesn't equal stellar success. You don't drop to 245 overnight with 8 wins. He is a shell of what he was and unfortunately will never be close to that player again. For most pro golfers, that stretch would be a successful career, but we expect more from Eldrick. If he had been terrible then worked his way up to greatness, the masses would be less relentless, but when you start amazing and continue that for years, then you mentally fall off the wagon, it is much easier for everyone to pile on. He expects more of himself than 245 in the world and I'm sure he will be better, may even crack the top 50, but I would stake anything I own on a world number 1 not happening again, Put a house up a few years ago in a Duval comeback thread but no one took me up on it!

And he rumors are still rumors until we see what's under those head covers.. I'm anxiously waiting the return of the goat like everyone else on this 20 page thread.. tiger is still relevant and the roar will happen when the time is right... it sucks that he withdrew but in all honesty in the weeks leading up to the Safeway he was at the Ryder cup then he went home to deal with the outer bands of Matthew... he has had little to no practice is 2-3 weeks.. if he pulls from the hero that's when concern sets in..

Driver: Paradym Velocore 
Woods: 3W Paradym trip diamond Velocore , 5W Paradym Velocore
Irons: ZX7 MKII 4-P ACCRA 115 
Wedges: ARTISAN 52,56,60 (yes I have a player number)
Putter: ARTISAN 0217
Ball: TP5x

I think you might be ignoring the obvious For him to have a "gamer" he'd have to be someone who plays golf. He's not. He's retired his ego just won't let him admit it.
He's got more left in him I'd say about 5-10 years worth.

What has happened in the last 2 years that makes you think that? Last shot I saw him hit he couldn't clear a 100 yard water hazard. How would broken and defeated compete with a field full of people who aren't? Because he's Tiger Woods? That guy died on Thanksgiving.

TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

May be a dumb question or a repeat, but what is the deal with the bonded driver? Why does he insist on having a non-adjustable driver?

Because he's a special snowflake.

The same reason a guy who can't keep it on the planet plays the highest spin ball possible. He thinks he knows something everyone else doesn't.

May be a dumb question or a repeat, but what is the deal with the bonded driver? Why does he insist on having a non-adjustable driver?
Tour van can bend to any spec. There is a feel difference for some players. TW isn't the only one.

lol feel difference

TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

He likes tradition and the same basic look on his driver. Well, except for his new golf shoes he does.

A big, adjustable hosel also moves weight away from the clubhead. Why Ping was slow to go in this direction. Less forgiving and we know Tiger needs forgiveness.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

The way things are shaping up, he better be getting some Big Berthas and a Spin Dr wedge. Hell, might as well sign to play the Hammer X. Pains me to think this way, but dude is 100% done. He has been done mentally since he got busted, literally and figuratively. Tiger is officially a head case.

I think Tiger should bring back his clubs from his 1997 Masters win... Cobra driver, Cleveland Wedges, and Mizuno Irons. Man were those good looking irons, haha

TW1997-e1325961460795.png

He's been done since 2009 then? Well in 2012 and 2013 he was 2nd and 1st on the money list with a combined 8 wins. The 2 yrs before that he had swing changes and in 2014 his injuries started. I wouldn't say he's 100% done. Assuming the reports are true that this isn't health related, then it's the smart move. The guy gets critiqued like no one else in the world. If he doesn't believe the intricacies of his game aren't up to par yet then he's smart to wait. There's gonna be enough pressure on him when he returns...needs to make sure it's right.

So after the last debacle, he was 245 in the world golf rankings. 8 wins followed by a few years of not good golf doesn't equal stellar success. You don't drop to 245 overnight with 8 wins. He is a shell of what he was and unfortunately will never be close to that player again. For most pro golfers, that stretch would be a successful career, but we expect more from Eldrick. If he had been terrible then worked his way up to greatness, the masses would be less relentless, but when you start amazing and continue that for years, then you mentally fall off the wagon, it is much easier for everyone to pile on. He expects more of himself than 245 in the world and I'm sure he will be better, may even crack the top 50, but I would stake anything I own on a world number 1 not happening again, Put a house up a few years ago in a Duval comeback thread but no one took me up on it!

probably because you expected an all or nothing comeback jsut like now...

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

lol i guess we will see.. but when i have a "new gamer" i dont keep two spares in the bag... Ill say again ... it wont be TM until they build him a glued hosel... this should prove that... brand new this year nike glued protos in the bag on film... nike didnt build those for anyone except tiger

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Wow. Glad we had this post. All the rumors and people who know people who heard what he would be playing this week were baseless. And the end result was as expected. A bag full of Nikes

ha, exactly....had a hunch

In Topic: Tiger's clubs for Safeway (Photo added page 19)

07 October 2016 - 09:47 PM

I'm going to say full nike.....just to piss us of. that's how he rolls.

Adams Speedline Launch Lab 9.5*, Adams 9064LS 9.5*, TM Jetspeed 10.5*, PING G20 9.5*
TM Jetspeed 3HL, PING G20 16.5*, TM Jetspeed 5HL 
Ping I3+ Blades 3-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- #2, 3 & 4 hybrids
Callaway I-Trax, Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide