2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Inside and outside the ropes

Aimnhit

Hawk

Thank you for your not.

Not sure I said apart from on the regular tour did I? Anyways if I did I'm sure you didn't mean to miss understand what I was saying.

Thanks again

Best wishes

AH

That's exactly what you said so there is no misunderstanding. If you meant to say you've won on the regular Tour don't know why we are back to being mysterious. Thanks.

Sir

Not that it really matters but if you read it again you will understand.

Best wishes

AH

It matters because you made a point of saying you won at every level other than the regular tour and there are quite a few folks now invested and suppportive of your story/experiences who are making the assumption you have won on tour and you want to encourage those thoughts without actually answering a simple yes or no question. If you hadn't brought it up I can understand you maybe wanting to leave it alone. So again, with repeated politeness, would you please answer the question?

Hawk

I believe I said I have won on every level apart from the major level. So yes I have.

Best wishes

AH

Good Morning :)

Boy, I feel like someone took a friggin driver to my head, lol

Don't ya just love when some lil doc who's never so much as had his blood drawn tries to tell ya what you're going to feel after they stick an 18fr cannula behind your eye and poke, snip and leave a couple seeds behind??

He comes in, asks how I feel when it should be evident and I'm gripping and regripping my Mac 6i and I softly asked him to place his head on the food tray at my knees to my right and allow me to "show" him. He then says that attitude is everything and the docs are "your friend and you should have a better attitude with us," lmao

LMAO, seriously, WhereTF do they get these clowns, lol????

Morning Bro :)

Ok, ya got into the Tour event, ya hit the ball great and were launching roped bombs and throwing darts into pins in the Pro/Am event.

Same thing on the line on Thursday morning and you're feel/touch on the practice green is better than it's been in months.

So ya lead off with an errant drive and you're basically going sideways from the start on Thursday morning and you're +3 with a bogie and a double after 7 holes.

What's going through your head and what do you do to attempt to right the ship and keep from blowing yourself out of the tourney on day one?

Have a great day :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just getting up to speed here! OP Great of you to keep us in in the loop and handle it all with such class!

Best of luck in trying to accomplish your goals.

quick question, which are your favorite courses out on tour and are there some that you don't like or don't fit your game?

TS3 8.5 - evenflow white 6.5 
915F 15 - Rogue x
Titleist H2 21- tensi pro white 
712U 4i DG tour x100
718 ap2 5-PW DG tour x100
SM7 52F 56S 60M DG tour s400
Scotty Cameron special select 2 - 34 

Aimnhit,

My apologies to you for any part in derailing your thread I may have played- best wishes to you and yours during both holiday season and your playing season. Due to restructuring of many schedules, guess that pretty much covers all seasons.?

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

OP has won on tour but not won a major is apparently what he is intending to convey. Great accomplishment and with the $ "clue" then OP pretty much is Bowditch or someone wanting to be. I'll err on the side of him being Bowditch and just say good luck on Tour and Merry Christmas!

I have a feast to plan, groceries to buy and a couple of girls who are sleeping like they are on Hawaii time so enjoying the calm before the XMas storm.

Matt J - hope your recovery is going well.

Richard and Maddie and the gang - all the best.

Steven - quit posting and practice, lol! Just kidding, now you've started this some will go nuts if you aren't posting frequently. ?

OP has won on tour but not won a major is apparently what he is intending to convey. Great accomplishment and with the $ "clue" then OP pretty much is Bowditch or someone wanting to be. I'll err on the side of him being Bowditch and just say good luck on Tour and Merry Christmas!

I have a feast to plan, groceries to buy and a couple of girls who are sleeping like they are on Hawaii time so enjoying the calm before the XMas storm.

Matt J - hope your recovery is going well.

Richard and Maddie and the gang - all the best.

Steven - quit posting and practice, lol! Just kidding, now you've started this some will go nuts if you aren't posting frequently. ?

Wait a second, LMAO

I thought he HASN'T won???

Oh Dear Lord, I'm soooo mixed up, lmao

Regardless, on any given week he's one of the Top 125-250 Players on Planet earth ?

Merry Christmas and a Blessed Holiday to You and Yours Bro from Maddie and I :)

Always,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Chesson Hadley?

WITB doesn't match if AH is being honest.

If you are Bowdo, thank you for coming here to post. I'm a fan of yours and I hope you get through this tough stretch and are willing to laugh at yourself.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Wow... what a thread.

OP ...if you are Bowditch ... I just want to say that you seem like a great person and I enjoy watching you play. You are a stand up person.

What gets me is that you want anonymity, but seem to find great pleasure in that anonymity and it distinctly feels like you are toying with us. Why?

Maybe I'm naive, but why not come out in your 1st thread with your identity. Is that so bad?

The problem with the internet is "credibility". Can't blame members for questioning your identity.

Once identity confirmed .... if you're overwhelmed with questions, people bugging you, etc. etc. .... then you can simply not post anymore.

Happy holidays to you and your family.

Joe

Woke up last night around 330 and couldn't go back to sleep. Decided to head upstairs to my work room and see if I couldn't sort out my putting. Just did the basic stuff with my alignment and ball position. I have a mirror right there which is great for seeing my set up. Wasn't really much to the session apart from just trying to hold the angle in my right wrist a little longer which I felt it stabilized face better.. apart from that just keep plotting along with moving that ball back in my stance.

Best wishes

AH

Woke up last night around 330 and couldn't go back to sleep. Decided to head upstairs to my work room and see if I couldn't sort out my putting. Just did the basic stuff with my alignment and ball position. I have a mirror right there which is great for seeing my set up. Wasn't really much to the session apart from just trying to hold the angle in my right wrist a little longer which I felt it stabilized face better.. apart from that just keep plotting along with moving that ball back in my stance.

Best wishes

AH

If you were dreaming about golf 330 probably a good number to wake up to. I'd wake up at 225 and my clock would be way right of the bed.

Hawkeye - like you he seems to enjoy dishing out sarcastic comments when I ask a question and like you he's not clever enough to check and see if what he said was true. So the attitude is there to point this out. No short game session details were given on the first two pages let alone his first post.

So as I said troll someone else. The mods kindly cleaned your crap from my thread, don't bring it others. You're not constructive or clever.

Easy tiger. I'm laid up in the hospital and didn't double check. Basically didn't like you badgering the OP who has been gracious in answering a lot of questions.

I actually agreed with you in Nicos thread, so maybe there's hope for us.

Let's not make this awesome thread about us, and let the OP get it done.

Loving the perspective OP. Thanks.

My question: how do you deal with all the travel? Do you feel it's hard to play well right off the plane? How early do you try and get to the tournament site? Grind. Through the practice round or just take the course on casually?

Sir

Thanks for your questions.

To be honest I actually enjoy flying and traveling. It allows me to really have some down time and shut off.

Typically I try to get there on Monday afternoons, head to the course, register and hit a few balls.

But there are a few changes in this schedule depending on if I missed the cut and head home or go right away to the next place and hit the grind.. Another one might be if I just want to go home and lay in my on bed for a night or two. But to answer your question there is really anything set in stone.

Thanks again

AH

AH, I've got a good question for you.

How do you approach distance control? For example, lets say you have 400 yard hole, straight, with no obvious hazards to avoid on the fairway. You know you hit your driver an exact yardage and you also know you hit your irons an exact yardage. Do you try to adjust your driver distance for your approach shot? Or do you hit the driver as normal and then see where it lies, then adjust your iron distance to home in on the pin? Do tour players use shorter driver overall lengths to ensure better distance control as well as accuracy?

Thanks for your question sir

Basically just smash it!! Then go hit it from there. There are a lot of variables in hitting the driver same distance as you can imagine. Now if we have a wedge in our hand we can control them a lot more both with accuracy and distance. So with your question I would just hit the driver then dance from there..In saying that though most guys have a perfect layup number that we like to get to. Mine is 98. So when we are laying up on a par 5 we will try or best to get to that number..

In relation to driver lengths. Over the years the standard has got longer and longer. Guys still have a big variations on tour to what they prefer and what is more important to them..

Hope this helps

Best wishes

AH

AH -

Do you putt left hand low?

I have a session booked with David Orr in Jan 17, hoping to get my putting on track next year.

Good luck!!

I have tried it sir. If I were to ever raise a golfer this would be first putting grip I would teach them. To me it's so level, square and repeatable.

Best of luck to you with your new action!!

AH

Greg, you're well-respected around here, so if you say he's legit, it goes a long way. Can I just ask what kind of evidence the OP gave you to confirm his identity?

We have PM'd a few times

Greg

Trying not to be an a** here, but did he actually confirm his identity to you, or is he just that convincing to everyone? I still don't buy it....

You're not trying very hard.

Lol, you got me there, but to be fair, Greg didn't try very hard either. I asked what kind of evidence he had to confirm OP's identity as the real deal and he said they'd PM'd.....Color me unimpressed. I'm not asking for the actual identify of the guy, I just wanted to know that some concrete evidence was provided privately to Greg. I trust Greg if he's seen something concrete, but I'm a skeptic by nature and have yet to see anything convincing, that's all.

At this point, it really doesn't matter though. I'm clearly in the minority, so I'll just sit back and observe. Hopefully OP will provide some interesting material that sheds some light on the Tour life!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Guys and girls

My apologies if I don't get to answer all your questions, I however will try. On another note there are a few concerns on my identity and why I don't want to shed my light on the matter. The simple reason is I don't want to. It's really not that big of a deal in my eyes. I'm not after any creditability or love. I'm simply giving a daily journal of my golf. If you don't want to read to what I'm writing well that is your choice and I completely respect it. But if you want to join in, contribute, ask questions and maybe we both can learn something together. Which again is your choice also and I welcome you with arms wide open. Either way it's your choice and it's no skin off my back.

Good golfing

AH

i actually love the fact that the op is remaining anonymous. hope this encourages others to do the same. i also feel sometimes the op can be more honest and forthcoming on questions when his real name isn't tied to every post.

i completely get things get a little touchy on here as they should when someone pops up claiming to have played at the highest level of golf. i've found especially in today's world you're much better off being skeptical than taking everything (especially on an internet forum) for its word. be skeptical and verify....and i think greg did the latter.

great thread and thanks to the op.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Guys and girls

My apologies if I don't get to answer all your questions, I however will try. On another note there are a few concerns on my identity and why I don't want to shed my light on the matter. The simple reason is I don't want to. It's really not that big of a deal in my eyes. I'm not after any creditability or love. I'm simply giving a daily journal of my golf. If you don't want to read to what I'm writing well that is your choice and I completely respect it. But if you want to join in, contribute, ask questions and maybe we both can learn something together. Which again is your choice also and I welcome you with arms wide open. Either way it's your choice and it's no skin off my back.

Good golfing

AH

Aim:

I don't blame you one bit for embracing internet forum anonymity. I think it's pretty smart.

Just imagine you win the Masters someday and then turn on TGC only find Brandle Chamblee has been cruising these forum and pulls out a tidbit where you were making a joke or even saying something controversial....then you'd be in the middle of a #($)storm.

Or Johnny Miller could find some advice you've given to someone and then spend 20 minutes on TV telling you how stupid you are.

Or sponsors would find something that could cost you money.....

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

AH, interesting one of your putting keys is maintaining the angle of your trail wrist, that is something I work on quite a bit with my putting.

Do you ever just roll putts with your right hand only to ingrain that feel of the right wrist not breaking down?

One last question, have you ever played out in Asia, and if so what was your experience like?? Kind of a broad question I guess, sorry for that!

As for remaining anonymous, I can respect that. I'm a naturally trusting, and positive person. I like to believe all people have goodness in them somewhere. I'll have faith that you are who you say you are. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experiences, and Merry Christmas to you and your Family Sir!

Funny, guys here have wanted a tour player to talk with for years and when they get one we almost scare hm off. I can understand the skepticism but in this case the m o was so close to a tour player that took a beating on twitter I was convinced. This is a nice thing to have someone answer questions that regular golfers never get the chance to ask. To make it on tour is an amazing accomplishment, to win is another level, to go through a slump is normal, a long slump requires a few changes not always swing related . When golfers kick a guy that is down is someone that I would like to meet in PERSON. I will support this OP and wish him well . Richard good luck with the radiation, To all merry xmas .

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

Aim,

Got to say this is awesome that you began posting here. I'm not much of a poster more of a lurker but I had to post and harass you like everyone else lol. How awesome is it that you get to play golf for a living and sign autographs and what not. As someone who is chasing the dream just wondering what your big break was and who helped you the most? From the small amount professional tournaments and qualifying schools that I have played in I just wanted to know when did you start feeling comfortable playing on these tours since I'm still having problems with that. Thanks and you definitely gained a huge fan.

What did the short game session involve? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Sir my apologies. I did not see this until now. Well I did go looking after you jumped my case.

My short game sessions very depending on how it feels. Some days a longer and some are shorter. But I will always do a minimum of 45 mins when I do them. If I'm out putting in a solid one though,I will start with about 100 balls from 80 yards with my 60 54 50 degree wedges. Basically have 6 different windows with all three clubs. Work through those but not hitting any more then 6 shots in a row with same club.

I will then pick them up and throw them all around the green then go chop them up again with my 60 and 54

Head to the bunker.. about 20 stock ones then with throw a handle full around the bunker in terrible lies and try my luck.. for some reason I like to find the hardest shot I can when I'm done and try to get it perfect. Not sure why I do but it makes me feel warm inside when I get it right.

Hope this is sufficient

Best wishes

AH

a cool game I always play with myself at the end of my short game , take a ball and throw it around and get it up and done and do that around the green and try to get 5-7 up and down in a row . Helps the practice putting as well from a pressure standpoint . I'm only a half decent d2 golfer so this might not be beneficial for all but it helps learn how to hit some funky shots under pressure .

A putting game I love playing for money is horse or pig . Just like basketball but with putting . Find the best putter you know and just always practice against them

@Aimnhit, I'm not going to tell you my real name (I'm wearing a disguise in my avatar). Best of luck.

I love this thread, and all the posters in it. Even the skeptics (they have their reasons)...

Richard, Maddie, Solomon, Krasner, Hawkeye, Lumber, Drew, Mitchell, etc.... Love y'all, great thread--Merry Christmas...

@Aimnhit--serious question--other than practice, what can I do to not suck at golf?

@Aimnhit, I'm not going to tell you my real name (I'm wearing a disguise in my avatar). Best of luck.

I love this thread, and all the posters in it. Even the skeptics (they have their reasons)...

Richard, Maddie, Solomon, Krasner, Hawkeye, Lumber, Drew, Mitchell, etc.... Love y'all, great thread--Merry Christmas...

@Aimnhit--serious question--other than practice, what can I do to not suck at golf?

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Hi Sahm and Hawk. I and Richard want to wish you and your loved ones a very merry Christmas and a blessed holiday season!! You both are so kind and I've really enjoyed exchanging with you :) Congrats AH on the birth of your daughter. May God bless her, you and your wife and family this holiday season :) Fondly, Maddie