Inside and outside the ropes

Aimnhit

Whats the best story that you can tell, thats censored and reader appropriate, from your days on tour? What, mentally/pyschologically speaking, seperates the guys at the top from the guys fighting for their card? Thanks, BHG.

Blue

Thanks for your question.

I believe the biggest thing that separates the top tier guys, let's say top 30 from the rest of the guys is the ability to have one big weapon in their bag that is consistent week in week out and never fails them. For example. Rory 10/10 driving Jday 10/10 putting Dustin 10/10 total driving. JS 10/10 putting with 10/10 mental strength..

I'm guessing your starting to catch my drift. These guys at the top are so dominate at one aspect of their game that when things are not going so well the can always fall back on these traits to really save themselves or when they are really clicking they completely dominate with these same traits.

I think the average tour player has not got that one "great" aspect in their game therefor they find it hard post high finishes week in week out. I'm not by any means saying they are bad because they really stud golfers I'm just trying answer the question the best way possible.

Hope this answers your question

AH

This partially answers my question. I have been doing a lot of research about the mental game as I am a wash-up trying to revive a once slightly above average amateur career. I was very focused on swing mechanics & swing thoughts oriented when I was playing, which I believe was the reason why I could never break through the ceiling. My real question was how do guys break through the mental ceiling. Obviously, they all are great putters, ballstrikers, etc, but whats the next step. I am trying to break through the mental ceiling as I know I have (or atleast used to to have) some game, but want to get ready to whip up on the mid-ams. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

BHG

BGH

Completly my fault as I didn't read your question properly and I did not give you any information that you were looking for. Sorry sir.

I think in what your trying to accomplish, if I were you I would go work on the short game. Not so much putting but the around the greens. I know you have heard this a thousand times but in my experiences this is what takes you to the next level mentally. The reason being. If you have a great short game it allows you to have so many different options when you step up to any given hole. Let's just use this as an example. Let's say you are in the mid am and you have a few holes left to qualify, your driver has been getting a little tight the last few holes because of nerves. But it's a long hole the 16th, deep down your thinking hit the driver but not in the junk. But if you have a great short game to lean on, you start thinking of others ways to make a par or a birdie with that three metal. Now you start thinking if I can just get it around the green I'm good from there and you also take most big numbers out of the equation. what this is ultimately doing is allowing you to free up your mind on the tee and hit your most comfortable club.

Once you start really understand your own self management is when you can take yourself to the next level.

I can sit here and tell you all about my experiences with different physcs over the years and yes I still use one now. But the truth is all that breathing and visual stuff comes last. Does it help yes. But it doesn't work worth a damn if deep down inside you have nothing to fall back on and trust. No chance.. To me, the short game is the first step to opening up your potential to get to any next level because it relieves pressure with most any approach or tee shot,as you know you are always a chance no mater what has happened..

Hope this one helps

Best wishes

AH

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the best story that you can tell, thats censored and reader appropriate, from your days on tour? What, mentally/pyschologically speaking, seperates the guys at the top from the guys fighting for their card? Thanks, BHG.

Blue

I believe the biggest thing that separates the top tier guys, let's say top 30 from the rest of the guys is the ability to have one big weapon in their bag that is consistent week in week out and never fails them. For example. Rory 10/10 driving Jday 10/10 putting Dustin 10/10 total driving. JS 10/10 putting with 10/10 mental strength..

I'm guessing your starting to catch my drift. These guys at the top are so dominate at one aspect of their game that when things are not going so well the can always fall back on these traits to really save themselves or when they are really clicking they completely dominate with these same traits.

I think the average tour player has not got that one "great" aspect in their game therefor they find it hard post high finishes week in week out. I'm not by any means saying they are bad because they really stud golfers I'm just trying answer the question the best way possible.

AH

This partially answers my question. I have been doing a lot of research about the mental game as I am a wash-up trying to revive a once slightly above average amateur career. I was very focused on swing mechanics & swing thoughts oriented when I was playing, which I believe was the reason why I could never break through the ceiling. My real question was how do guys break through the mental ceiling. Obviously, they all are great putters, ballstrikers, etc, but whats the next step. I am trying to break through the mental ceiling as I know I have (or atleast used to to have) some game, but want to get ready to whip up on the mid-ams. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

BHG

BGH

Completly my fault as I didn't read your question properly and I did not give you any information that you were looking for. Sorry sir.

I think in what your trying to accomplish, if I were you I would go work on the short game. Not so much putting but the around the greens. I know you have heard this a thousand times but in my experiences this is what takes you to the next level mentally. The reason being. If you have a great short game it allows you to have so many different options when you step up to any given hole. Let's just use this as an example. Let's say you are in the mid am and you have a few holes left to qualify, your driver has been getting a little tight the last few holes because of nerves. But it's a long hole the 16th, deep down your thinking hit the driver but not in the junk. But if you have a great short game to lean on, you start thinking of others ways to make a par or a birdie with that three metal. Now you start thinking if I can just get it around the green I'm good from there and you also take most big numbers out of the equation. what this is ultimately doing is allowing you to free up your mind on the tee and hit your most comfortable club.

Once you start really understand your own self management is when you can take yourself to the next level.

I can sit here and tell you all about my experiences with different physcs over the years and yes I still use one now. But the truth is all that breathing and visual stuff comes last. Does it help yes. But it doesn't work worth a damn if deep down inside you have nothing to fall back on and trust. No chance.. To me, the short game is the first step to opening up your potential to get to any next level because it relieves pressure with most any approach or tee shot,as you know you are always a chance no mater what has happened..

Hope this one helps

Best wishes

AH

Thank you! You first post did answer some of my question but I completely understand this post and obviously makes a lot of sense. This winter I have re-dedicated myself to doing more putting. Unfortunately its too cold to practice outside, so I bought a Pelz putting tudor (the one with the marbles on the end that get knocked off) to make sure my putts start online. I try to roll 20 in a row without knocking off the marbles everyday. The putter feels better in my hands already.

My final question (I promise) in regards to short game, how to the guys out there hit those great pitches and use the bounce. I cannot consistently do this and it is frustrating, especially off of tight lies. Once I can get this part figured out, I will be in business. I find it very difficult to not take a divot. Do the guys out there take divots with those pitches? It looks like the clip them right off the top of the grass. If you can help explain this to me you will be my savior.

BHG

WITB:

Who knows?

Greg, you're well-respected around here, so if you say he's legit, it goes a long way. Can I just ask what kind of evidence the OP gave you to confirm his identity?

We have PM'd a few times

Greg

No offense, but that still doesn't tell us anything. I mean, the deposed prince of Nigeria has PM'd me a couple times too, but I'm still waiting on that $3mil I was promised once his father got back in power....

Trying not to be an a** here, but did he actually confirm his identity to you, or is he just that convincing to everyone? I still don't buy it....

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

What did the short game session involve? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Sir my apologies. I did not see this until now. Well I did go looking after you jumped my case.

My short game sessions very depending on how it feels. Some days a longer and some are shorter. But I will always do a minimum of 45 mins when I do them. If I'm out putting in a solid one though,I will start with about 100 balls from 80 yards with my 60 54 50 degree wedges. Basically have 6 different windows with all three clubs. Work through those but not hitting any more then 6 shots in a row with same club.

I will then pick them up and throw them all around the green then go chop them up again with my 60 and 54

Head to the bunker.. about 20 stock ones then with throw a handle full around the bunker in terrible lies and try my luck.. for some reason I like to find the hardest shot I can when I'm done and try to get it perfect. Not sure why I do but it makes me feel warm inside when I get it right.

Hope this is sufficient

Best wishes

AH

Based on ozgolf.net it is Bowdo which would be awesome.

If that's the case welcome! You are a great follow on Twitter!

Sir,

I trust you are having a wonderful day. After googling this website and seeing a few other post on here about the same person. It seems that the same handle is being used on another site. Interesting. As you can see I'm trying to be somewhat anonymous and this wouldn't be the wisest thing to do and use the same handle as that was very easy to find.

Anyways I'm glad you enjoy following me twitter. Hang on, maybe you don't.

Best wishes

AH

AH could be "Australian Hack" which would be a very funny yet Bowditch-esque thing to do.

Bit disappointing that you haven't commented on what a short game session consists of for you.

He went over it in one of the first posts.

If by "in one of the first posts" you actually mean "not even on the first two pages of this thread" you'd be correct. Great contribution as always.

Sir my apologies. I did not see this until now. Well I did go looking after you jumped my case.

My short game sessions very depending on how it feels. Some days a longer and some are shorter. But I will always do a minimum of 45 mins when I do them. If I'm out putting in a solid one though I will start with about 100 balls from 80 yards with my 60 54 50 degree wedges. Basically have 6 different windows with all three clubs. Work through those but not hitting any more then 6 shots in a row with same club.

I will then pick them up and throw them all around the green then go chop them up again with my 60 and 54

Head to the bunker.. about 20 stock ones then with throw a handle full around the bunker in terrible lies and try my luck.. for some reason I like to find the hardest shot I can when I'm done and try to get it perfect. Not sure why I do but it makes me feel warm inside when I get it right.

Hope this is sufficient

Best wishes

AH

This is pretty cool to hear. I spend a good bit of my warm up around green 20 yards and in. Out the bunker I only pick the worst lies. Makes the on course reality much less stressful because they rarely get that bad.

Your gapping always been 50,54,60??

Blue

AH

BHG

BGH

Hope this one helps

Best wishes

AH

Thank you! You first post did answer some of my question but I completely understand this post and obviously makes a lot of sense. This winter I have re-dedicated myself to doing more putting. Unfortunately its too cold to practice outside, so I bought a Pelz putting tudor (the one with the marbles on the end that get knocked off) to make sure my putts start online. I try to roll 20 in a row without knocking off the marbles everyday. The putter feels better in my hands already.

My final question (I promise) in regards to short game, how to the guys out there hit those great pitches and use the bounce. I cannot consistently do this and it is frustrating, especially off of tight lies. Once I can get this part figured out, I will be in business. I find it very difficult to not take a divot. Do the guys out there take divots with those pitches? It looks like the clip them right off the top of the grass. If you can help explain this to me you will be my savior.

BHG

BGH

I have no problem at all trying to answer all your questions. This is a very hard one to answer as there are a lot of factor that play into this shot. The biggest one is the turf interaction and how much friction you can create. On tour we are lucky enough to have the very best that the golf course can offer throughout the year. All though the grasses change the tour has a team of green keepers that come in about a month before and start prepping the course to a certain standard or maximum cut height for all fairways and greens, I know this doesn't help you but my point is that we basically have very similar lies ever week so we are really able to get down to the nitty gritty of what bounce systems works best for us. That's why you see guys become so good out there. When I come home to longer length surrounding I can't even come close to generating the spin and control that I have out on tour. This is because of friction.

There is one thing I always do when I start to struggle is I go find a little down hill lie with minimal grass or perfectly tight. Get my 60 open it a little and start trying to pick it reasonable clean with heal leading first. It will start give you sensation of felling where the bounce is. Move closer, farther. Grip down, hit low and how ones, try to get the ball to hit the top of the face. All these different feels will get you moving in the right direction to understanding your bounce and the capabilities that your wedge has.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

AH

My short game sessions very depending on how it feels. Some days a longer and some are shorter. But I will always do a minimum of 45 mins when I do them. If I'm out putting in a solid one though I will start with about 100 balls from 80 yards with my 60 54 50 degree wedges. Basically have 6 different windows with all three clubs. Work through those but not hitting any more then 6 shots in a row with same club.

Hope this is sufficient

Best wishes

AH

This is pretty cool to hear. I spend a good bit of my warm up around green 20 yards and in. Out the bunker I only pick the worst lies. Makes the on course reality much less stressful because they rarely get that bad.

Your gapping always been 50,54,60??

Sir

Probably the last 6 or so years. Once I took my 3iron out and made all my lofts a little stronger I had to fill in the gaps better up high.

I grew up with 60 56 52 and then the pw at 48.

Thanks

AH

Good evening AH :)

Could you take us through your PSR from start to finish along with your PostSR, with both a well hit ball that achieved your pre-shot image/plan and really, for the majority of these guys, your PostSR for a poorly hit ball or a ball that did not have its desired outcome, because as you obviously know from your Pro/Ams, most Ams have a for **** PSR and a non-existent PostSR, especially with a poorly struck or even a well struck shot that does not have the desired outcome.

Thanks Bro :)

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Thank you for the response. I tried to quote your previous post but it wouldn't work. Is there a certain technique used to help with consistency of the strike? A wider arc, more release at the bottom of the hit, etc.? How do the pro's take the dig out of these so well?

BHG

WITB:

Who knows?

Thank you for the response. I tried to quote your previous post but it wouldn't work. Is there a certain technique used to help with consistency of the strike? A wider arc, more release at the bottom of the hit, etc.? How do the pro's take the dig out of these so well?

BHG

Once you get on that down hill you will start to understand what it takes. But yes a wider ark in most cases with guys. It allows the bounce to be used correctly.

Thanks

AH

AH,

Sharing your experiences with us is much appreciated. Few questions to offer up as part of the thread, feel free to selectively answer based upon your available time, thanks in advance.

Do you spend the majority of your time practicing on, what you consider to be, your home course? If so, do you often approach rounds with different goals in mind, not just simply shooting a low score? Just interested with how professionals approach "off the clock" rounds.

With recent comments in the media, what is your experience with the comradery on the various tours?

Not including the putter, what's the club you've kept in your bag the longest, or was the hardest to give the shove?

Cheers,

Matt

Good evening AH :)

Could you take us through your PSR from start to finish along with your PostSR, with both a well hit ball that achieved your pre-shot image/plan and really, for the majority of these guys, your PostSR for a poorly hit ball or a ball that did not have its desired outcome, because as you obviously know from your Pro/Ams, most Ams have a for **** PSR and a non-existent PostSR, especially with a poorly struck or even a well struck shot that does not have the desired outcome.

Thanks Bro :)

All the Best,

RP

Good evening RP

Obviously the pre and post shot is very important as we all know. My pre starts when I begin to talk to my caddie. While he is talking I'm already beggining to visualize my shot. Once we agree on my club and shot selection I begin to really really zone into my starting target while making 2 or 3 soft practice swings trying to replicate the feel I need to execute the shot. Once I'm happy with that and ready. I stand directly behind the ball and take one deep breath counting to 4 on the inhale and 4 on the exhale. When I do this it really allows me to narrow in on my starting target. Take 3 steps into the ball while still fixed on my starting target. I take 4 waggles, look up once first my finish target and then slide my eye line back to my starting target and fire.

My post is very basic in fact I don't really have one to be honest but the one thing I do do is allow myself to either give myself either an uppercut or a big pat on the back depending on the execution of the shot. But once I give that club back to my caddie or put it in the bag. I'm done! No more. Move on either way. Sometimes this may last all the way to the green other times straight away. But the post trigger which is the club hand over is very important. Some guys use the sound of their glove getting torn off which is very affective too.

Hope this answers some of your questions RP

Best wishes

The troll

AH,

Sharing your experiences with us is much appreciated. Few questions to offer up as part of the thread, feel free to selectively answer based upon your available time, thanks in advance.

Do you spend the majority of your time practicing on, what you consider to be, your home course? If so, do you often approach rounds with different goals in mind, not just simply shooting a low score? Just interested with how professionals approach "off the clock" rounds.

With recent comments in the media, what is your experience with the comradery on the various tours?

Not including the putter, what's the club you've kept in your bag the longest, or was the hardest to give the shove?

Cheers,

Matt

Matt

Thanks for your questions. I will start from the bottom and work up if that's ok.

Favorite club is my 60 that I haven't changed models for probably 6 years. But I do get a new one about once a month so I can keep the groves nice and sharp.

Different tours. In my limited experiences on different tours the comradery is by far and away the worst on the PGA tour in comparison to other tours. On the web it's really pretty good and the European is really good. I think one of the biggest reasons is one the money on the Pga tour given any week you can change your life and also you can't slip one bumit because you will get run over because of the depth of the fields.. The other is the expense of having your family travel with you around Europe or the web because of the purse size.

It just doesn't make sense financially therefore you have more time with boys when your on tour.

I don't have a course I call home but when I do play at home I'm always working with some goals in mind whether that is ball flight control, putting or fairways hit but to answer your question very rarely there is a day that doesn't have small goals in mind.

Hope this answers some of your questions

Best wishes

AH

Aimnhit,

The little passive-aggressive, sarcastic swipe in sign off of response to Richard is disappointing and not humorous in the least. I would have expected better out of a tour professional choosing to participate in a discussion forum. Best of luck in your future participation here and out on tour.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Aimnhit,

The little passive-aggressive, sarcastic swipe in sign off of response to Richard is disappointing and not humorous in the least. I would have expected better out of a tour professional choosing to participate in a discussion forum. Best of luck in your future participation here and out on tour.

Mitchell

I'm sorry this hurt your feelings. I have done everything that RP has asked and he still proceeded to call me a liar and a troll. But to his credit after what I have read and his experiences in the past with trolls I completely understand therefor I never said anything in return.

My simple sign off on his question was, yes you're right a little sacastic but humorous well that's is very subjective on who you ask. but in good fun either way. My complete apologies if this hurt his feelings, and yours. I'm sure I will hear back if this in fact it did. I just pray he goes easy on me.

Thank you for your note sir

Best wishes to you and your family over the holiday period

AH

It just dawned on me that I've yet to ask a question...

I'm 45 years old and 10 years removed from back surgery. My back still isn't great. But I can function.

My peak (such as it was) was about 22-23 years ago. But I could play a little. Not 'Chase The Dream' good...but I'd get your attention in a money game type player....I'm sure you've seen the type.

Now I'm mostly focused on making money so I can retire at a decent age - but I still love the game. Even if I only played 9 holes in the past 18 months. (That's True).

I've already sacrificed my golf ego and switched from blades to cavity backs. I haven't switched to a hard ball yet.

I drink too much. Not falling down drunk but more like a few (3-5) Scotches each night. Depends on the night.

I don't exercise that much because....well, I'm old now and things hurt. Mostly my back. But I'm not yet overweight and ruddy in the face from alcohol.

So here's my question:

Should I focus my considerable intellectual abilities and vast experiences and just continue to dole out wisdom here on Wrx? Or should I attempt a comeback this spring and make one more effort to redeem my game and strike fear into the youngsters at my club?

I can go either way - but since you're the biggest expert we've had on here for a while...I thought I'd ask.

One final factor to consider....and I say this with muy muy humility - I can chip and putt like a possessed demon.

Your thoughts please.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Aimnhit,

Mitchell

I'm sorry this hurt your feelings. I have done everything that RP has asked and he still proceeded to call me a liar and a troll. But to his credit after what I have read and his experiences in the past with trolls I completely understand therefor I never said anything in return.

My simple sign off on his question was, yes you're right a little sacastic but humorous well that's is very subjective on who you ask. but in good fun either way. My complete apologies if this hurt his feelings, and yours. I'm sure I will hear back if this in fact it did. I just pray he goes easy on me.

AH

Feelings were not hurt at all, and your expository response still does not excuse lack of civility under guise of humor/sarcasm. Obviously, we have a difference of opinion on the matter, so best to just disagree without being disagreeable and take the high road here. Best wishes to you and yours as well.

Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I'm 45 years old and 10 years removed from back surgery. My back still isn't great. But I can function.

My peak (such as it was) was about 22-23 years ago. But I could play a little. Not 'Chase The Dream' good...but I'd get your attention in a money game type player....I'm sure you've seen the type.

Now I'm mostly focused on making money so I can retire at a decent age - but I still love the game. Even if I only played 9 holes in the past 18 months. (That's True).

I've already sacrificed my golf ego and switched from blades to cavity backs. I haven't switched to a hard ball yet.

I drink too much. Not falling down drunk but more like a few (3-5) Scotches each night. Depends on the night.

I don't exercise that much because....well, I'm old now and things hurt. Mostly my back. But I'm not yet overweight and ruddy in the face from alcohol.

So here's my question:

Should I focus my considerable intellectual abilities and vast experiences and just continue to dole out wisdom here on Wrx? Or should I attempt a comeback this spring and make one more effort to redeem my game and strike fear into the youngsters at my club?

I can go either way - but since you're the biggest expert we've had on here for a while...I thought I'd ask.

One final factor to consider....and I say this with muy muy humility - I can chip and putt like a possessed demon.

Your thoughts please.

Sir,

This really is a great question and one that I don't think anyone can answer but yourself i believe. In saying that I did get a lot of joy from reading it and I might have even had a very large laugh out loud.

Here's what I would do if I was you. I would keep working and get yourself set up for the rest of your life whilst still practicing that ungodly short game you are gifted with. Once you have enjoyed your working life and your night time beverages are all dried up from the stresses of day to work life, I suggest you then get the clubs back out, get that handicap nice and high to begin with and then on a daily occurrence you take all the money of the young boys around the club.

You can do all this without a worry in the world..

I hope this helps you make your decision

Best wishes

AH

If it's Bowditch, AH said he's not sure if he has his card or he maybe does, but Bowdo won in 2015 and has full status through 2017. The WITB does seem to correspond though. PX 7.0 in the LW is for the big boys.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

So here's my question:

Your thoughts please.

Sir,

This really is a great question and one that I don't think anyone can answer but yourself i believe. In saying that I did get a lot of joy from reading it and I might have even had a very large laugh out loud.

Here's what I would do if I was you. I would keep working and get yourself set up for the rest of your life whilst still practicing that ungodly short game you are gifted with. Once you have enjoyed your working life and your night time beverages are all dried up from the stresses of day to work life, I suggest you then get the clubs back out, get that handicap nice and high to begin with and then on a daily occurrence you take all the money of the young boys around the club.

Best wishes

AH

Probably wise that I continue to focus on my business....and not only because there are a few groups of rather wealthy private equity/hedge fund types that wouldn't like it if I started playing golf 4 or 5 days per week.

At the moment my UK Wildcats are barely leading those deplorables of Louisville by 4 points....so I must focus on that.

After the game I will more fully consider your advice,

Initially I am leaning towards taking another year off while randomly purchasing more expensive Japanese golf equipment that I will not use but rather place in my office

I'll let you know.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Aimnhit,

Mitchell

AH

That's ok Bro cuz I had it coming though if ya go back and read your first 2-3 pages, they were no different than many other threads that were indeed started by "trolls." I just sorta wear my heart on my sleeve and I'll go to bat for anyone if I believe that they're for real and good honest people and I took it on the chin a few times, lol.

I'm a big Boi and can deal with it but it sort of hurt/angered me, lol. I was far from the only one who doubted your veracity, I just voiced my doubts.

Oh, and those four numbers are "2244"

The very best to Ya Troll :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

On a serious note, what is your mental preparation the evening before a big tourney round?

Stay well Bro :)

My Best,

RP

So here's my question:

Your thoughts please.

Sir,

Best wishes

AH

Probably wise that I continue to focus on my business....and not only because there are a few groups of rather wealthy private equity/hedge fund types that wouldn't like it if I started playing golf 4 or 5 days per week.

At the moment my UK Wildcats are barely leading those deplorables of Louisville by 4 points....so I must focus on that.

After the game I will more fully consider your advice,

Initially I am leaning towards taking another year off while randomly purchasing more expensive Japanese golf equipment that I will not use but rather place in my office

I'll let you know.

Bro, I've never seen this side of you, lol

I like it.....

ALOT!!!

You're an Animal in a polo, chinos and loafers, no socks, LMAO

Go chew up some young 'uns :)

My Best,

Richard

welcome and thanks for posting. If you are SB I did pm you on social media. I truly understand the ups and downs of golf. I will be in your corner and hoping the best in the new year. as every forum you will have the negative guys , take them with a grain. Lots of caring people on here that will truly hope you return to the form you are capable of.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite