SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a greens book user?

No sir not a consistent one. But I always carry one. I like to look at it when I'm unsure of my read. Which to be honest is mainly on the straight ones. I did use it a lot when I was doing aim point but I have fallen away from that a while ago.

Thanks for question sir

AH

Did you like the Euro or the Us based greens books?

Based on ozgolf.net it is Bowdo which would be awesome.

If that's the case welcome! You are a great follow on Twitter!

Sir,

I trust you are having a wonderful day. After googling this website and seeing a few other post on here about the same person. It seems that the same handle is being used on another site. Interesting. As you can see I'm trying to be somewhat anonymous and this wouldn't be the wisest thing to do and use the same handle as that was very easy to find.

Anyways I'm glad you enjoy following me twitter. Hang on, maybe you don't.

Best wishes

AH

AH could be "Australian Hack" which would be a very funny yet Bowditch-esque thing to do.

Bit disappointing that you haven't commented on what a short game session consists of for you.

He went over it in one of the first posts.

If by "in one of the first posts" you actually mean "not even on the first two pages of this thread" you'd be correct. Great contribution as always.

Jonny, Jonny - if you are going to dish out stuff like that he didn't deserve you are going to have to learn to take it when it comes your way. No reason for the attitude.

Back to the OP. You made a point of saying "apart from" the regular tour you had won. Assuming you are a PGA Tour pro, did you mean to say in addition to, i.e. have won on the Tour? Thanks.

Hawk

Thank you for your not.

Not sure I said apart from on the regular tour did I? Anyways if I did I'm sure you didn't mean to miss understand what I was saying.

Thanks again

Best wishes

AH

What did your mental preparation consist of the evening before a "big" tourney round?

Regards,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Aimnhit,

The little passive-aggressive, sarcastic swipe in sign off of response to Richard is disappointing and not humorous in the least. I would have expected better out of a tour professional choosing to participate in a discussion forum. Best of luck in your future participation here and out on tour.

So, the guy is called out, basically called a liar and a fake, answers questions with respect and dignity, but throws a tiny sarcastic jab at someone that has called him across the carpet without justification, multiple times, and this is a problem for you to the point you feel the need to call him out? Buckle up buttercup, life probably has some surprises in store for you. Better put your safety pin on so people know to leave your safe space sacred.

It doesn't matter if he's a professional golfer or the president of the United States, if people were speaking to me in the manner they were him, his response was mild at worst.

Aimnhit,

The little passive-aggressive, sarcastic swipe in sign off of response to Richard is disappointing and not humorous in the least. I would have expected better out of a tour professional choosing to participate in a discussion forum. Best of luck in your future participation here and out on tour.

So, the guy is called out, basically called a liar and a fake, answers questions with respect and dignity, but throws a tiny sarcastic jab at someone that has called him across the carpet without justification, multiple times, and this is a problem for you to the point you feel the need to call him out? Buckle up buttercup, life probably has some surprises in store for you. Better put your safety pin on so people know to leave your safe space sacred.

It doesn't matter if he's a professional golfer or the president of the United States, if people were speaking to me in the manner they were him, his response was mild at worst.

Agreed. Signing as The Troll is obviously sarcastic and a way to give an olive branch. Give it a try sometime once you come off your high horse

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Aim,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I just think it's super cool that you are willing to do this when I am sure you are exhausted from daily routines. My question, how often do you test new gear. Let's say you are trying a new driver, how many shafts do you tinker with? What are your favorite yardages and what are the odds you make birdie from them? Thanks again and hope you make it to Jacks tourney in Ohio as I go every year. Best of luck and jealous you can golf this time of year. It's getting cold here in Ohio

What did your mental preparation consist of the evening before a "big" tourney round?

Regards,

RP

RP

Thanks for the question. I try my best the night before to go over ever possible shot and possible senario whether it be good and bad. I try think of different wind directions, different pin spots, what to do if I hit a bad tee shot. Basically everything you can think of. The reason I like to do this is so when whatever happens on the course I'm not in shock because mentally I've already been there and prepared for it. That then makes it easier to get on with it and accept the challenges a little quicker to move forward.

Best wishes

AH

Ps a big thumbs up for your reply and response to our outstanding issues that are hopefully slowing get whipped under the rug.

Regards,

RP

RP

Thanks for the question. I try my best the night before to go over ever possible shot and possible senario whether it be good and bad. I try think of different wind directions, different pin spots, what to do if I hit a bad tee shot. Basically everything you can think of. The reason I like to do this is so when whatever happens on the course I'm not in shock because mentally I've already been there and prepared for it. That then makes it easier to get on with it and accept the challenges a little quicker to move forward.

Best wishes

AH

Ps a big thumbs up for your reply and response to our outstanding issues that are hopefully slowing get whipped under the rug.

Thanks for the response!

A couple of things~

I've got a very very very short memory, and it's not just from the meds, disease or chemo/radiation, lol

I was taught when I was very young, whether it was on a football field, a golf course or in life, I'm gonna do some good and I'm gonna screw up as are those that I will be Playing with, competing against and dealing with in life. I remember and file the good and learn from and forget the bad very vey quickly.

As far as "slowly," well, I don't do anything slowly, be it walking or swinging, lol

"Ready, fire" isn't conducive to that it, lol

And I can take as well as I give, haha

When Greg vouched for ya, that was good enough for me :)

Life's to short Bro

Trust me here, life can change in a heart beat, there are no guarantees for a tomorrow and carrying negative thoughts, feelings or baggage drags everyone involved down :)

Oh, and I don't sweep or whip anything under the rug :)

Like me or not, agree with me or not, I'll lay it all on the table.

You're good people :)

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

My Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Fascinating thread. Almost a case study on group dynamics. Totally worth reading. For me, I don't know if I cared if AH was real or fake. I mean I kind of like needing to use my judgment to just assess the value of ideas on an anonymous board where people with a wide range of expertise try to be convincing. So until Greg posted it was sort of like a 'where's Waldo' puzzle. Either way it had rich entertainment value.

Of course now that boba fides are established, some of the mystery is gone.

Ok here's a question. Everyone finds that situation that really puts the question to them: can I really cut it in something that really matters to me? It's a huge milestone. It's not only about the technical part of the game - although one certainly needs a very high level of skill to play in the PGA.

AH, you seem to be sort of in the middle of that now, if I read you correctly. What do you think the single biggest challenge is for you to take the next step?

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Morning AH and welcome

Couple of questions if I may:-

1) Do you know who is the secrettourpro on Twitter? If so can you share?

2) Following on from Richards "mental" question, not every round goes according to plan. How do you keep calm when its going t**** up?

Good luck for the new season

"Carol Vorderman..... I was watching her the other day .....and I got aroused...............7 letters ... not bad for someone who left school at 15"

Gotta love Peter Alliss!

Hawkeye - like you he seems to enjoy dishing out sarcastic comments when I ask a question and like you he's not clever enough to check and see if what he said was true. So the attitude is there to point this out. No short game session details were given on the first two pages let alone his first post.

So as I said troll someone else. The mods kindly cleaned your crap from my thread, don't bring it others. You're not constructive or clever.

Greg, you're well-respected around here, so if you say he's legit, it goes a long way. Can I just ask what kind of evidence the OP gave you to confirm his identity?

We have PM'd a few times

Greg

Trying not to be an a** here, but did he actually confirm his identity to you, or is he just that convincing to everyone? I still don't buy it....

You're not trying very hard.

[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M2 2016 9*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Taylormade M2 2016 15*[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][size=3][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Adams DHy Proto 21*[/font][/i][/size][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC FliHi 4i[/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno MMC 5-P[/font][/i][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Callaway MackDaddy 4 Milled 54|58[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=comic sans ms, cursive][size=3][i]Custom Scotty Cameron California Coronado Milled Face[/i][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font="comic sans ms, cursive"][size=3][i]Snell MTB/MTB Black[/i][/size][/font][/center]

Aimnhit,

Lol!

Hawkeye - like you he seems to enjoy dishing out sarcastic comments when I ask a question and like you he's not clever enough to check and see if what he said was true. So the attitude is there to point this out. No short game session details were given on the first two pages let alone his first post.

So as I said troll someone else. The mods kindly cleaned your crap from my thread, don't bring it others. You're not constructive or clever.

Easy tiger. I'm laid up in the hospital and didn't double check. Basically didn't like you badgering the OP who has been gracious in answering a lot of questions.

I actually agreed with you in Nicos thread, so maybe there's hope for us.

Let's not make this awesome thread about us, and let the OP get it done.

Loving the perspective OP. Thanks.

My question: how do you deal with all the travel? Do you feel it's hard to play well right off the plane? How early do you try and get to the tournament site? Grind. Through the practice round or just take the course on casually?

AH, I've got a good question for you.

How do you approach distance control? For example, lets say you have 400 yard hole, straight, with no obvious hazards to avoid on the fairway. You know you hit your driver an exact yardage and you also know you hit your irons an exact yardage. Do you try to adjust your driver distance for your approach shot? Or do you hit the driver as normal and then see where it lies, then adjust your iron distance to home in on the pin? Do tour players use shorter driver overall lengths to ensure better distance control as well as accuracy?

Easy tiger. I'm laid up in the hospital and didn't double check. Basically didn't like you badgering the OP who has been gracious in answering a lot of questions.

I actually agreed with you in Nicos thread, so maybe there's hope for us.

Let's not make this awesome thread about us, and let the OP get it done.

Loving the perspective OP. Thanks.

My question: how do you deal with all the travel? Do you feel it's hard to play well right off the plane? How early do you try and get to the tournament site? Grind. Through the practice round or just take the course on casually?

That's fine, I've got no issues if that's the case. But I wasn't badgering? I asked a question and five pages later he hadn't responded and I referenced that as every other question had been answered. That's all.

Greg, you're well-respected around here, so if you say he's legit, it goes a long way. Can I just ask what kind of evidence the OP gave you to confirm his identity?

We have PM'd a few times

Greg

Trying not to be an a** here, but did he actually confirm his identity to you, or is he just that convincing to everyone? I still don't buy it....

You're not trying very hard.

You don't know him very well...

Go back and peruse his posts on the board and I defy you to find a Classier Member!!

Cute response though ;)

Regards,

RP

Back to the OP. You made a point of saying "apart from" the regular tour you had won. Assuming you are a PGA Tour pro, did you mean to say in addition to, i.e. have won on the Tour? Thanks.

Hawk

Thank you for your not.

Not sure I said apart from on the regular tour did I? Anyways if I did I'm sure you didn't mean to miss understand what I was saying.

Thanks again

Best wishes

AH

That's exactly what you said so there is no misunderstanding. If you meant to say you've won on the regular Tour don't know why we are back to being mysterious. Thanks.

Hawk

Thank you for your not.

Thanks again

Best wishes

AH

That's exactly what you said so there is no misunderstanding. If you meant to say you've won on the regular Tour don't know why we are back to being mysterious. Thanks.

Sir

Not that it really matters but if you read it again you will understand.

Best wishes

AH

Hawk

Thank you for your not.

Thanks again

Best wishes

AH

Sir

Best wishes

AH

It matters because you made a point of saying you won at every level other than the regular tour and there are quite a few folks now invested and suppportive of your story/experiences who are making the assumption you have won on tour and you want to encourage those thoughts without actually answering a simple yes or no question. If you hadn't brought it up I can understand you maybe wanting to leave it alone. So again, with repeated politeness, would you please answer the question?

Hawk

Thank you for your not.

Thanks again

Best wishes

AH

Sir

Best wishes

AH

It matters because you made a point of saying you won at every level other than the regular tour and there are quite a few folks now invested and suppportive of your story/experiences who are making the assumption you have won on tour and you want to encourage those thoughts without actually answering a simple yes or no question. If you hadn't brought it up I can understand you maybe wanting to leave it alone. So again, with repeated politeness, would you please answer the question?

Hawk

I believe I said I have won on every level apart from the major level. So yes I have.

Best wishes

AH

Aimnhit,

Buttercup, lol???

Safety pin???

Safe space???

You're cute, lol

Ok tiger, grrrrrrr, LMAO

Regardless, I wish You and Yours a Great Holiday Season:)

I like the avatar!

Nicely Played!

All the Best,

Richard

Just saw this thread. Good luck this year your keeping the dream alive for all of us that couldn't make it :superman:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Aimnhit,

Firstly, was speaking to Aimnhit and we resolved any difference in opinion respectfully so thanks for the unnecessary sidetrack.

Secondly, possess enough life experience, professional experience ensuring public safety, and intelligence to know not to respond in kind to weak attempted personal insults in violation of rules of forum.

Finally, your if-then statement is ridiculous in its absurdity and extremist over reaction. Best wishes during holiday season and thanks for the laughs, chief??

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu