2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mistook PGA Tour player for a poser today

BoogieThumper

I drive an 08 4Runner Limited V8 with 100k miles and it is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned!!!

So I guess that pretty much makes me a tour pro.....

'02 with 225k.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to my local course (Metropolitan Golf Links) for a lunch time bucket of balls today. I'm pulling into my parking space and I notice a guy behind me pulling out a huge PXG staff bag. I take a closer look and notice he's also wearing a PXG hat. At this point I go about my business walking up to get my bucket. I have a chuckle to myself thinking how WRX'ers would absolutely kill this guy for having a staff bag let alone a freaking PXG bag. I figure he's just some clown with too much money, but I remember he was driving a new-ish Toyota 4 runner. In my head the bag and car don't mix but oh well. I pay for my bucket and head to the range and Mr PXG comes strolling along and it's James Freakin Hahn.

I didn't get a chance to nod or say good luck this season or anything. But I learned today to never judge a man by his staff bag.

Hahn tweeted earlier today:

"Saw some guy who still hasn't gotten over Nike yet at the range. Felt bad for him. Was going to let him try my PXGs but decided not to because he was staring at me, my bag, and my car."

Might just be a co-incidence.

Musta missed the guy that got that in before you...

Ooops. Did.

I was allowed three mistakes here in 2016 and only used 18 of them.....

: )

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

All you guys with 4Runners just showing off now. You know the Corolla is a fine automobile too, you millionaires

Also i just realized that i'm a poser now with a full OEM bag. Ehhhh, i better get a nicer car

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

You know what's better than the 4 Runner I had for 6 years ... the Sequoia I've had for 6 years now ... nicknamed Sasquatch

240k on the 4 .. only "major" maintenance was the rad

Sequoia at 186k ... also zero issues .. but a wicked Hwy cruiser w a great engine

Just so Jeff feels better I did have a Corolla back in the mid 90's

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Went to my local course (Metropolitan Golf Links) for a lunch time bucket of balls today. I'm pulling into my parking space and I notice a guy behind me pulling out a huge PXG staff bag. I take a closer look and notice he's also wearing a PXG hat. At this point I go about my business walking up to get my bucket. I have a chuckle to myself thinking how WRX'ers would absolutely kill this guy for having a staff bag let alone a freaking PXG bag. I figure he's just some clown with too much money, but I remember he was driving a new-ish Toyota 4 runner. In my head the bag and car don't mix but oh well. I pay for my bucket and head to the range and Mr PXG comes strolling along and it's James Freakin Hahn.

I didn't get a chance to nod or say good luck this season or anything. But I learned today to never judge a man by his staff bag.

I couldn't care less what clubs a person plays or what he wears. That's his business, not mine. Let people enjoy the game as they see fit, without people criticizing them for being a "poser" or whatever.

I was never judgmental before WRX, I blame this forum. I'll do better in 2017. Hell Im a poser based on my sig. But anyway went back to metro after work and JH was still there. He was on the putting green chatting and laughing with a few guys. I watched him give a guy a couple tips. He was really cool and down to earth.

Ha! That's awesome. Home visiting for the holidays and heads out to the local range. Did he set up in the Cal/lessons section or with everyone else? ;)

Wonder if he'd pop round Alameda Golf Works while it town. Seems a proper cool guy, great to see him having success.

Metro is a good people watching range, with the Raiders, Warriors, A's next door.

Wouldn't be uncommon to see Iguodala out there or at Alameda, before he got a membership at Richmond/Miura Vista.

He actually went from the car straight to the short game area. If I remember correctly he shouted out Shawn and those guys at Alameda Golf Works after his win. I've seen Iguodala there once, and I hit balls right next to Amanda Blumenherst. This was a while ago and her husband was the First Baseman for the A's at the time. Talk about humbling

Ha! Ya like when the Cal kids are there striping them through the back of the range and then you realise those are the players that DIDN'T get picked for the match day team.

Then at the other end of the range you have the old guys bringing balls from their trunk and there to shoot the sh1t with their buddies. Quite the intersection of society there ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I know James Hahn personally and he is a really nice guy, he will stop and talk to anyone and sign autographs without any issues...had lunch with him at the Quicken Loans Tournament and on the way he easily signed over 70 items for fans, then did the same on the way back to the range...love the guy and his family...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Can we drift this into a Toyota thread?

I restored a '74 FJ with a factory soft top just after college. Then bought a BJ-45 when we were living in Central America. Also, I had a bad a** Tacoma (Hilux down there) made in Brasil with a TDI 2.5L and 4x4 that got about 35 miles to the gallon and could pull 1500 - 2500 pounds like it was nothing. Man, I'd love to have that truck in the States.

BTW, I know a few of you guys are SFO based. My friend is a pretty big deal attorney there and he drives a later model 4Runner. Looks like he's hit every parking garage wall in the city with that thing. I'd guess he has that truck for tooling around town and something pretty pimp to take out to wine country.

Wonder if he really still calls Alameda home? I'd be tempted to keep a condo in Vegas or Palm Springs if I were SFO based. Although I say that having never visited either ;)

I couldn't care less what clubs a person plays or what he wears. That's his business, not mine. Let people enjoy the game as they see fit, without people criticizing them for being a "poser" or whatever.

I was never judgmental before WRX, I blame this forum. I'll do better in 2017. Hell Im a poser based on my sig. But anyway went back to metro after work and JH was still there. He was on the putting green chatting and laughing with a few guys. I watched him give a guy a couple tips. He was really cool and down to earth.

I remember when I first joined. I had a set of old clubs, but soon I was buying, trading, selling with the best of them. Had so many of those long brown boxes in my garage there was hardly room for anything else.

It was a disease I tell you, a sickness. Took awhile but eventually I calmed down.

Yes, I blame this forum for that. :-)

ps: I know someone who owns a 4-Runner.

Ha! That's awesome. Home visiting for the holidays and heads out to the local range. Did he set up in the Cal/lessons section or with everyone else? ;)

Wonder if he'd pop round Alameda Golf Works while it town. Seems a proper cool guy, great to see him having success.

Metro is a good people watching range, with the Raiders, Warriors, A's next door.

Wouldn't be uncommon to see Iguodala out there or at Alameda, before he got a membership at Richmond/Miura Vista.

He actually went from the car straight to the short game area. If I remember correctly he shouted out Shawn and those guys at Alameda Golf Works after his win. I've seen Iguodala there once, and I hit balls right next to Amanda Blumenherst. This was a while ago and her husband was the First Baseman for the A's at the time. Talk about humbling

Ha! Ya like when the Cal kids are there striping them through the back of the range and then you realise those are the players that DIDN'T get picked for the match day team.

Then at the other end of the range you have the old guys bringing balls from their trunk and there to shoot the sh1t with their buddies. Quite the intersection of society there ;)

My old range was like that, lol. On any given day you could have a 5-Time USGA Champion hitting balls(4-Time at the time), the local HS teams and then my "regulars," who, though they had a season pass, and probably for that very reason, would drop in, hit 10-20 balls and then spend the next 2-3 hours shooting the breeze in the shop. I used to stop by on the way home from the club in the evenings just to get in some good friendly Jack/Tiger discussions, lmao.

Another patient who golfs asked me what I miss most about getting sick and yea, I miss the competition, however easily surpassing that is that I miss all the comraderie and those BS sessions at the range and the club, lol. You're so right about the range being a cross section of society, haha. ,

Sometimes I'd stand there and look down the line and see the Elite Am, the HS team and some guys who just finished their shifts and dropped in to hit a bucket and then Maddie or another Pro at the far end giving a lesson and thought "what other game could bring such a diverse group on people with such a diverse talent pool, together?"

This is a Great game!!!

All the judging aside, of course, LMAO :)

Stay well My Friends

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

It's pretty clear he's driving the Toyota because he had to pay all that money for his PXG clubs (remember that rumour around here that PXG staffers had to pay for their own clubs?).

I wonder what Bob Parsons drives. Probably a tank. Literally, a tank.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

My old range was like that, lol. On any given day you could have a 5-Time USGA Champion hitting balls(4-Time at the time), the local HS teams and then my "regulars," who, though they had a season pass, and probably for that very reason, would drop in, hit 10-20 balls and then spend the next 2-3 hours shooting the breeze in the shop. I used to stop by on the way home from the club in the evenings just to get in some good friendly Jack/Tiger discussions, lmao.

Another patient who golfs asked me what I miss most about getting sick and yea, I miss the competition, however easily surpassing that is that I miss all the comraderie and those BS sessions at the range and the club, lol. You're so right about the range being a cross section of society, haha. ,

Sometimes I'd stand there and look down the line and see the Elite Am, the HS team and some guys who just finished their shifts and dropped in to hit a bucket and then Maddie or another Pro at the far end giving a lesson and thought "what other game could bring such a diverse group on people with such a diverse talent pool, together?"

This is a Great game!!!

Stay well My Friends

Richard

You nailed it as usual my friend!

All you guys with 4Runners just showing off now. You know the Corolla is a fine automobile too, you millionaires

Also i just realized that i'm a poser now with a full OEM bag. Ehhhh, i better get a nicer car

Having your clubs out cost your car is the sign of true dedication! No need to invest in a nicer car, but a big ole staff bag may be a good idea, wouldn't want those clubs damaged in a fender bender. LOL.

I drive an 08 4Runner Limited V8 with 100k miles and it is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned!!!

'02 with 225k.

'06 with 142

Waiting for my father to get a new one so I can get his '12

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

some glad Im colour blind,no way I could match up and if it works Ill hit it and set rarely match's , and my swing could change daily , would hate to get mistaken for a golfer. makes it way easier to take cash from young guns pockets. LOL

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

This is a Great game!!!

Stay well My Friends

Richard

A 5k or a half-marathon? ;) J/k, point well taken. Have a good day and be well Richard.

Lamkin Crossline - my favorite golf product ever

UW Huskies

Wish he had a Subaru, prob would've elevated him to legend status.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

'02 with 225k.

'06 with 142

Waiting for my father to get a new one so I can get his '12

My son is 4 and my goal is to pass it on to him. I'm sure the engine etc will make it just worried about the body.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

would make me want you as a partner,

So, I'm guessing my unloading my Ping Karsten 1's, in my '02 Taylor Made staff bag, from the trunk of my '78 Yugo would make me:

A - Stand out

B - Fit in

C - Make you LOL

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

So, I'm guessing my unloading my Ping Karsten 1's, in my '02 Taylor Made staff bag, from the trunk of my '78 Yugo would make me:

A - Stand out

B - Fit in

C - Make you LOL

Right away you had me quite excited to talk sticks with you, then the Yugo was spied and I was gone.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

The weirdest part of this story is that, In your head, a guy with a pxg bag couldn't possibly drive a Toyota 4 runner.

As he is telling a story about how not to judge a guy based on a staff bag, he's simultaneously judging him for the car he drives...

Didn't mean to come off like a jerk, and trust me his 4 runner is nicer than my car. My post clearly states "I learned today to never judge a man by his staff bag." PXG clubs are expensive and marketed to a certain demographic. I just figured PXG guys all drive Lamborghinis and Summer in the Hamptons.

LMAO, I Love it!!!

Screw it Bro, we judge and are judged every friggin day, all day, lol

God Bless all those righteous people who judge no one and accept everyone at face value :)

You're a good kind person who judges peeps, lol

I'm with ya :)

However I had a 4-Runner and that thing was a beast and compared to my ML, it was incredible and cost me much less to run.

I dumped my GL earlier this year for a Land Cruiser, decked

I'm definitely a poseur, lmao

I hope You and Yours had a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

All the Best,

Richard

Absolutely correct Richard. Anyone who says they don't make judgements based on appearance, clubs etc is a liar or an idiot. The trick is to make a logical assessment but not to act on it until you are proven right. I try to see others as different to me, but not better or worse.

A - Stand out

B - Fit in

C - Make you LOL

How about

Original Hoofer stand bag

Tommy A's 845's in BeCe

Saab 900 SPG/Aero

I think augustgolf is onto something here. You should start a bag, iron set, coming out of what vehicle

next to you at the range parking lot, and what would be your first impression thread. It would be

entertaining indeed. It would be full of creative posts for sure.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Mistake me if I'm wrong, but isn't James the tour player who learned the swing by watching YouTube?

If so, there has to be like a 99.9% likelihood that he's a member here.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip