Baffler F6 that good?

Norboo

I still like mine but I've moved it out of the bag for now for a proper 7 wood.

I play a "4-wood" (TS2 @16.5) and then a 7-wood (TS2 @21 deg) and the gapping was just too weird for me to find a place for the F6 (I also have a 4 hy then 5 iron). At times the baffler sat between my hybrid and 3 wood but I've just found a 7 wood to fit the gap a little better for now. 

14 hours ago, mryan0425 said:

Bringing this one back from the dead.

Still gaming the Baffler F6--has survived head to heads against just about everything I've thrown at it:  f8, f9, speedzone.  Anyone done a comparison for the Baffler F6 and the Radspeed Tour(17.5).  

Interesting question.

The F6 is by far the longest lived club in my bag.

I like it so much that I bought a back up a while back.

But, spec wise, the difference between it and the Tour models of the Cobra fairways is 1/2 inch in shaft length.

I’ve done shootouts with the normal Cobra woods of each generation and the F6 has always won.

And against other fairways.

But never against the Tour Cobras. 

Much as I like my F6, I don’t think it was sprinkled with pixie dust, so I should .

Currently my F6 is in the sin bin due to hooking issues,  but, once again, all the other fairways I’ve been trying feel awkward.

For me the secret sauce is the shorter shaft.

Yes the head is also small. But it is still bigger than equivalent hybrids.

I’m also more willing to accept occasional waywardness  from a 16.5 club than I am a true 5 wood or 2 hybrid.

Edited by sfdoddsy

Mavrik Fuji Pro

G410/Epic Flash/Fli Hi Hybrids/woods
PXG Gen3 irons
Cleveland wedges
Odyssey Rossie OG 

4 hours ago, sfdoddsy said:

Interesting question.

The F6 is by far the longest lived club in my bag.

I like it so much that I bought a back up a while back.

But, spec wise, the difference between it and the Tour models of the Cobra fairways is 1/2 inch in shaft length.

I’ve done shootouts with the normal Cobra woods of each generation and the F6 has always won.

And against other fairways.

But never against the Tour Cobras. 

Much as I like my F6, I don’t think it was sprinkled with pixie dust, so I should .

Currently my F6 is in the sin bin due to hooking issues,  but, once again, all the other fairways I’ve been trying feel awkward.

For me the secret sauce is the shorter shaft.

Yes the head is also small. But it is still bigger than equivalent hybrids.

I’m also more willing to accept occasional waywardness  from a 16.5 club than I am a true 5 wood or 2 hybrid.

The Radspeed Tour with +.5" or +.75" in length and -1 or 1.5 on the adapter is a very nice 4 wood. Thats about the max you can go in length though due to how heavy the head is and only a 6g removable weight. I replaced it with a 3g @ 42.25"

Edited by third-times-a-charm

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 9:39 PM, KParks said:

I still like mine but I've moved it out of the bag for now for a proper 7 wood.

I play a "4-wood" (TS2 @16.5) and then a 7-wood (TS2 @21 deg) and the gapping was just too weird for me to find a place for the F6 (I also have a 4 hy then 5 iron). At times the baffler sat between my hybrid and 3 wood but I've just found a 7 wood to fit the gap a little better for now. 

How would you compare that TS2 @ 16.5 4-wood to F6 Baffler set @ 16 or 16.5? I know that that TS2 version lofted @16.5 has shaft length of 42.5" against Bafflers 41.75", but if you have some numbers and thoughts in your mind you'd like to share, I would appreciate. I have that TS2 7-wood delivered to me shortly and i will be playing it 40.5" @20.25 or @21. My 4-wood gap is still up for grabs and I would like to try F6 Baffler there if it fits, not so much as a 5 or 7 wood. Biggest thing also for me is the shorter shaft, I just can't play anything over 42 inches of the deck.

1 hour ago, Antmeister said:

How would you compare that TS2 @ 16.5 4-wood to F6 Baffler set @ 16 or 16.5? I know that that TS2 version lofted @16.5 has shaft length of 42.5" against Bafflers 41.75", but if you have some numbers and thoughts in your mind you'd like to share, I would appreciate. I have that TS2 7-wood delivered to me shortly and i will be playing it 40.5" @20.25 or @21. My 4-wood gap is still up for grabs and I would like to try F6 Baffler there if it fits, not so much as a 5 or 7 wood. Biggest thing also for me is the shorter shaft, I just can't play anything over 42 inches of the deck.

I've tried the Baffler on the lower end of the loft settings and it just didn't work that well for me there but a lot of that is probably just me. I find I'm almost always getting in my head and have a hard time getting really comfortable when I've been messing with loft and things just never look "right" to me with adjustable clubs (and adjusting them down in loft mostly). 

Outside of my psychological issues with it I did think it was easier to hit off the deck than any other fairway wood I've ever played. Almost certainly a combo of the shorter shaft length and the rails which is nice. The issue was for my "longer wood" it didn't really do what I wanted it to do as easily which for me is most importantly to be able to hit a ball off the tee with a nice draw and some run out (which my TS2 does amazingly well) since my normal driver swing is more of a cut.

Now don't get me wrong, I love having a 4-wood because I can still hit it off the deck when that is really called for (compared to a more traditional 15 deg 3 wood) but I use that slot in my bag off the tee 3-4 times a round and MAYBE once a round am I in a position where I'm even tempted to want to hit the 4 wood into a par 5 (most of my home courses par 5s are either not really reachable for me, or reachable for me with the 7 wood). 

Also considered the baffler for the "shorter" wood slot but again there it just wasn't hitting the right gap for me and while I might have been able to figure it out with a shaft change (I just have the stock red tie shaft), I was able to pickup the TS2 7 wood barely used with the same Tensei AV Blue shaft that I love the feel of in my 4 wood. 

• Like 1

Baffler still in the bag - longest serving club in there. For me it's not about the good shots I routinely get from it, it's the fact that poor swings never cost me strokes. I've never been able to say that about a fairway wood. It's a workhorse for me.

• Like 3

Cobra Speedzone Camo Edition w/ GD Tour AD DI
Cobra F6 Baffler 16.5* w/Diamana Blueboard 63
Mizuno MP 20 HMB 3-PW w/ DG 105

Mizuno S18 50*/55* 

PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 60* ES 
PING Cadence TR Ketsch Mid

9 hours ago, Antmeister said:

I sold my TSi2 5w/7w combo set for a Radspeed Tour set to -1D and a 21 Apex UW. Best decision ever. I would 100% recommend turning the baffler/tour models down if you're looking for a 4 wood.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I sold my TSi2 5w/7w combo set for a Radspeed Tour set to -1D and a 21 Apex UW. Best decision ever. I would 100% recommend turning the baffler/tour models down if you're looking for a 4 wood.

Same clubs. Baffler at 17.5 and a 21* Apex UW. Has really been a good setup for me.

I've had the Baffler maybe for 14 months, and honestly I've yet to hit a terrible shot on the course. 0 duck hooks. Finding it impossible to hit fat off these firm fairways in Arizona, and even my worse thin or dare I say topped shots still go straight and 180 yards. Complete confidence as there is no debate about going with a wood or laying up with an iron. My worse result with the Baffler isnt much different than a flushed 6 iron. 

Now give me 10 balls from a tight fairway lie with a traditional 3 wood , and I'm likely to duff 2 of them short of 100 yards. And another 2 my lucky partner gets to go ball hunting in the desert with the rattlers. 

• Like 1

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

Thank you all for your feedback, really appreciate!

11 hours ago, KParks said:

I've tried the Baffler on the lower end of the loft settings and it just didn't work that well for me there but a lot of that is probably just me. I find I'm almost always getting in my head and have a hard time getting really comfortable when I've been messing with loft and things just never look "right" to me with adjustable clubs (and adjusting them down in loft mostly). 

For me, I can usually loft down adjustable clubs. They usually are slightly closed in their "normal" setting and lofting them down opens them, so all in all that's the way I can usually go, based on what I have messed around with them.

1 hour ago, scooterhd2 said:

0 duck hooks.

This is good to hear and the number one reason I don't have any hybrids in consideration.

Apex UW would be top nominee for me @17 (and @21), but won't put that much money to single clubs. Going to try the Baffler and going to try the LTD (the original one) 4-5w with that Baffler shaft and see what happens. Different profiles, same lofts. Need to add some weight to that LTD head, but that's not going to be a problem. Going to be fun test and nice that I can use same shaft(s) for both. I have one additional HZRDUS Smoke Black shaft with Cobra adapter that I can throw in the mix, if I want to experiment further.

Seeing how popular and praised the Apex UWs and for example these Bafflers are, seems to me that there really is some market in this space for shorter length, heavier woods or more wood like crossovers between woods and hybrids, still not being hybrids.

• 10 months later...

I previously used the F6 Baffler at 16* as my only fairway wood.  A couple years ago I replaced my F6 Baffler with a Ping Anser 4W at 16.5, and also carry a G425 hybrid at 19*. I'm considering keeping the Anser and using the F6 Baffler more like a 5W or 3H.  Has anyone noticed enough change at the 19* setting to justify carrying it alongside a 4W?

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

I played mine at 19’ for a while and it was still almost as hot as when I play it at 16’. Flight was better at 19 vs 16, but length was longer at 16 for me. I still have it in the bag at 16’, but thinking of moving it back to 19 and picking up a true 3-4 wood with a little bigger head and length. 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

It's very versatile.  You can move the ball forward and play it like a wood or move the ball into the middle of your stance and play it like a hybrid.  Two yardages with one club.

Edited by dekez

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

• 2 months later...

F6 Baffler is easily my favorite club of all time. Very forgiving, long, and straight. Currently have two in the bag, one at 16 with Ventus Black and the other at 19 with Ventus Red. The 19 is a 5 wood/power hybrid - plays at 40.25” and super easy to hit. Put two of the 15g weights and some lead tape to get the SW up. 

• Like 1

Yup still have mine in the bag since it came out.  Its the only club thats stayed in my bag that long.  Plus I know exactly what its going to do everytime I swing it.  I have mine set at 19' with a Hzrdus Red.  Played it at 16 for a long time, but switched to a normal 4 wood head for more tee shots & length.

• Like 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

On 5/5/2023 at 9:02 AM, stevechocho said:

F6 Baffler is easily my favorite club of all time. Very forgiving, long, and straight. Currently have two in the bag, one at 16 with Ventus Black and the other at 19 with Ventus Red. The 19 is a 5 wood/power hybrid - plays at 40.25” and super easy to hit. Put two of the 15g weights and some lead tape to get the SW up. 

Interesting. I never considered playing two of them at different lofts. Very clever.  

18.5 has proven to be my "goldilocks" loft.  I've learned to play it in a wood stance for longer shots.  And then take 10 yards off by playing it in the middle of my stance as a hybrid.

It's a tremendously versatile club.

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

• 2 months later...

I haven't bagged the F6 Baffler for a few years, but it's one of those clubs that I'll never sell - it has a permanent home in my shed, alongside other luminaries like my Burner 2.0 TP driver, Ping Anser 4, and MP-33s.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST Driver 10.5* (set @ Flat)  Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X

Callaway '21 Apex UW 17* Ventus Blue 7X
Ping G410 Hybrids 22* & 26* (set @ F- to 21* & 25*) Even Flow Black 85 6.5
Titleist '21 T100S 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.12F, 56.14F, 60.12D, DG Wedge
Bettinardi INOVAI 6.0 CTR 35"

4 hours ago, Mych said:

For my fellow baffler lovers, this looks pretty interesting. I don't see any loft indicated, but it definitely looks familiar:
https://www.golfwrx.com/333344/spotted-cobra-king-f6-rails-fairway-wood/

Looks like they just recycled the F6 blueprints and gave the rails and weights a different color scheme. 

Is this article not from 8 years ago? Am I totally missing something 

2 minutes ago, heathpitts said:

Is this article not from 8 years ago? Am I totally missing something 

Holy Groundhog Day, how did that just pop up in my feed? Thanks for the heads up, I'll delete.

Edited by Mych

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Current 7 wood and Hybrid not behaving… grabbed the Baffler out of the old bag in the garage. 

Man this club is still so nice. I’m sure there must be reasons for the newer designs, but striking how much taller the face is on this compared to most modern fairways. 

It is going back in the bag to start the season again. 

I'm in somewhat similar situation. I'm gonna put the Baffler against my TS2 7w and see what happens. TS2 is great, but for my swing it introduces those occasional hooks I fear the most in this game. I know it's me. When it works normally it's so good, straight, consistent, forgiving and surprisingly "hot" 7w.

But Baffler is just so easy to hit, launches high and goes straight. Great from any lie with those rails and my favourite non-driver -club from tee. Good hits remind me of that baseball hit hard "crack" and I love it. And the headshape is perfect. Round little fairway wood, Apex UW looks like hybrid next to this. I have it adjusted +1* on loft (17.5 -> 18.5), so a little closed face but it still doesn't want to hook much. Don't know why. Bit flatter flight compared to TS2 7w, but still very high. Will battle for the same place in the bag, the third longest club.

What has changed is I just recently finally found and purchased heavier 87g shaft for it for cheap (have Elements Chrome 7F4 now in it, 75g, 41.75") and going to go shorter, at least 41", maybe even shorter. Trying to get the distance in to more towards 7w territory than 4w territory, which is my next club after this. Luckily Baffler's head is pretty heavy (228g) so the shortening can be done pretty easily and I can get it even heavier easily. And when it's shorter, it will be even easier to hit.

This will likely be one of those clubs I will never sell. Bought it used in pretty ok condition years ago and paid something like 70 or 80 for it with that shaft (great shaft if you ask me). My best bang for the buck club purchase ever made.