Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

The thread was started because he was arrested for DUI. and i checked pages 1-5 or so.. No link that i saw to any news site claiming he failed the breathalyzer. If you say that happened, I'll believe you, just please provide that article. thanks in advance.

Well, pages 1-5 probably encompasses 8 minutes. lol

I was playing in a tournament and a spectator mentioned it to me on 7. When I finished at about 11:00, the thread was 19 pages deep!

Now that's pace of play!

lol it was awesome. First group off at 7:30. The third guy in the group didn't show up. We played 15 holes in 2:15 and then caught the last group off 10 tee. Took us an hour to play the last 3 still finished in a couple minutes over 3:10.

Despite the last three holes, you were still within the legal limit. :-)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread was started because he was arrested for DUI. and i checked pages 1-5 or so.. No link that i saw to any news site claiming he failed the breathalyzer. If you say that happened, I'll believe you, just please provide that article. thanks in advance.

I was playing in a tournament and a spectator mentioned it to me on 7. When I finished at about 11:00, the thread was 19 pages deep!

KYMAR,

I only read links posted to this thread and at least one said he blew over .08. I watched GC and (yuck) CNN which was kind enough to divert it's attention from Russia for a moment and both mentioned the same thing. CNN has a vendetta to take care of though, so it was reported as an afterthought.

Any news agency not wanting a lawsuit will have taken down any mention of him blowing over.

I am sure there are others who were part of this thread from the beginning that can corroborate what I said here.

I would never have sent you back to the beginning, had I known the links were broken.

I read/heard the same thing: .08. I just don't remember where.

KYMAR,

I only read links posted to this thread and at least one said he blew over .08. I watched GC and (yuck) CNN which was kind enough to divert it's attention from Russia for a moment and both mentioned the same thing. CNN has a vendetta to take care of though, so it was reported as an afterthought.

Any news agency not wanting a lawsuit will have taken down any mention of him blowing over.

I am sure there are others who were part of this thread from the beginning that can corroborate what I said here.

I would never have sent you back to the beginning, had I known the links were broken.

I see, well as i said, not doubting you, i justi never saw any report about him blowing over the limit. All i saw was the (TMZ originated) report that he refused to take the test. Which, is equally poor/irresponsible reporting of course. regardless, the thread would exist even without any bad information.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Most importantly- does he clutch at his back or limp at all in the video? Asking for a friend.

Back looked good, walking straight, putting leg on the car and all.

He grimmanced while being moved from the hood of the car to the back seat... he also muttered 'Ah, Ow, Ah' or something after he said he 'I Should have worn my dentures' and before he got out of the car... he's only 5 weeks out of surgery and nerves can be really slow to heal... I'm sure he still has some residual pain

Not that any of this is important right now and given the situation

Didn't see him grimace.

Nevertheless he shouldn't be on painkillers that strong more than a month post op for a fusion ahah =/

Surely you jest. In today's environment a court of law isn't required to assess guilt. Once people have it in their head that someone is guilty of something...despite any evidence, despite any proof, and even if the individual is subsequently adjudicated as having committed no wrong doing...they will always be guilty. To paraphrase Reich Minister of Propaganda Josef Goebbels, if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.

So you get lumped in with the Nazi's Minister of Propaganda if you dare say Tiger is guilty of a DUI before we wait to find out what he's officially convicted of? So if he ultimately pleads to a lesser offense he wasn't in fact driving under the influence? What exactly is the "lie" here? What exactly do you mean by "despite any evidence, despite any proof"?

We have a video of him wasted out of his gourd at 3AM. We have a video of him massively failing a field sobriety test. We have pictures of his car which is damaged. We have a police report that spells out all of the above, in addition to spelling out what specific substances he was under the influence of, in addition to providing color that isn't on the video like asleep at the wheel, half in the lane, with the turn signal on. We have the man's own words admitting to as much.

But what? What in the world is your point as it applies to this case? That he wasn't in fact driving under the influence if he pleads down to a lesser charge like say reckless driving? That anyone who at this point dares to say that he is guilty of DUI is a Nazi?

Good grief.

Someone, someone will Godwin this thread if it hasn't been done already. But this one is close.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

The next line of defense for the medical professionals is the pharmacist. They are supposed to have this information and not fill a prescription that they know has a negative drug-drug interaction with something else they are already on.

Ding ding ding winner! This is the reason why pharmacy school is 4 years long.

Seems like a computer system can figure that out without 4 years of school.

Inability to convict is not the only reason the DA's office would plead down.

Tiger being Tiger is going to be the issue. Whether they choose to play hardball with a celebrity and take the flak for "beating a man while he's down" or they plead him down and "go soft on the rich celebrity guy".

Either way, Tiger is not going to fight this. He will pay his fine, accept his punishment and move on. Whether it's a DUI or a wet reckless or whatever he's finally convicted of, he'll plead no contest.

Unless they find he hit something, then it could be hit and run and this blows up to KSig being sold out and the plant being converted to make pro v1s.

A person almosts always gets diversion for their first DUII no matter who they are. DUII convictions are bad (loss of license, increased insurance costs) and DA's typically won't throw the book at first timers unless an accident occurs with victims other than the driver.

And there it is ladies and gentleman. You can....

Read the police report and suspect he may have been under the inlfuence

Watch the dash cam video and clearly see Tigers impairment validating the suspicion.

read his statement where he admits to having done so,offers an explanation, then apoligized for it, tells the world he expects better of himself

And when you're done, if you conclude he's guilty of driving under the influence.....

You're a nazi.

Lol. Man. You're going off the Deep end now. Nazis. I hate Illinois nazis ... Good thing you aren't in Illinois ! Lol.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The next line of defense for the medical professionals is the pharmacist. They are supposed to have this information and not fill a prescription that they know has a negative drug-drug interaction with something else they are already on.

It's actually six years. Two years of pre-pharm and four years of pharmacy school. I was planning on going to pharmacy school, but after two years of chemistry, organic chemistry, biology and four terms of calculus, my GPA wasn't good enough lol. Pharmacists have more education than 99.99% of the people responding to this thread. Let's stop acting like they're idiots or something else.

I don't actually care about Tiger, I'm following this thread for the sheer entertainment value!

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Kai'li Red shaft

TaylorMade SIM2 Ti  5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Cobra 4 hybrid

Cobra 5 hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons 6-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Rossie DB  putter

It's actually six years. Two years of pre-pharm and four years of pharmacy school. I was planning on going to pharmacy school, but after two years of chemistry, organic chemistry, biology and four terms of calculus, my GPA wasn't good enough lol. Pharmacists have more education than 99.99% of the people responding to this thread. Let's stop acting like they're idiots or something else.

Sorry but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to take the pills out of the big bottle, count them and put them into a small bottle. The prescribing docs are the ones that do the diagnosis and prescribing. Now if we're talking about compounding then that requires the extensive skills and training.

I stand by my statement that a computer system can and does easily warn against drug interactions.

Scary thread. Not for anything Tiger did. I watched the full video and it was mostly what I expected.

The golf world is flooded with simplistic angry males. Apparently they believe that if they keep talking to themselves about media paranoia it will became reality. There's seemingly a quota here, that you can't go more than 4 or 5 posts without backslapping fear regarding the media. Absolutely hilarious.

Meanwhile, I can take CNN versions and give 10/1 odds every time and have so much the best of it I would never have to speculate on anything else again.

Lol. I know one personally too. And she's a ding bat. I mean wouldn't leave my kid alone with her for 10 minutes ding bat. I'm shocked she made it through as much school as you describe. Goes to show you that someone always finishes at the bottom of class.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

And there it is ladies and gentleman. You can....

Read the police report and suspect he may have been under the inlfuence

Watch the dash cam video and clearly see Tigers impairment validating the suspicion.

read his statement where he admits to having done so,offers an explanation, then apoligized for it, tells the world he expects better of himself

And when you're done, if you conclude he's guilty of driving under the influence.....

You're a nazi.

Lol. Man. You're going off the Deep end now. Nazis. I hate Illinois nazis ... Good thing you aren't in Illinois ! Lol.

How am I the one going off the deep end? I didn't bring up being Joseph Goebbels like if you find theres substantial reason to believe hes guilty of driving under the influence.

And you can't say things like, "Maybe the car was damaged when no one was driving it", and tell anybody else they are going off the deep end.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Class in spades.

Honestly can say based on the way this has unfolded i kind of see Tiger in a different light. Like a lot ill admit i rushed to judgement but based on what i saw i cant believe he would get behind the wheel in that state. I don't think we would even know how to start it. It somehow humanized him to me. Just my take.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
Cobra King Tour 5-G Project X LS120 6.0  

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Admittedly I haven't followed all the media and sespool of social media much beyond wrx. But I have to say I haven't seen much of what's been claimed in Martin's video. We talked about it in golf league tonight and all the guys are concerned and feel sorry for him,even the guys whom aren't crazy about him.

Class in spades.

Honestly can say based on the way this has unfolded i kind of see Tiger in a different light. Like a lot ill admit i rushed to judgement but based on what i saw i cant believe he would get behind the wheel in that state. I don't think we would even know how to start it. It somehow humanized him to me. Just my take.

It certainly humanizes him. But with that said I'm reserving judgement until I know more. I don't think he intentionally got behind the wheel. It's clear he was so far gone he literally had no clue where he was and what he was doing. Frankly, it's amazing he was still breathing. Obviously being behind the wheel was horrible. But I don't think he conciously went out for a cruise. Not that that makes it right.

Where I want to know more and why I am withholding judgement, is to understand if he has done this before... or at least been this blasted on pills before. Has he been so messed up before that he got behind the wheel? (Seems like that happened in the 2009 incident). Understanding the greater issue and how deep it really goes with him, will provide the context needed. If he's done this crap before and has ended up behind the wheel before, than absolutely.. the guy needs help and deserves to be chastised. But if this truly is a first time and unexpected reaction, than there is some empathy there from me.

I tend to think it's somewhere in the middle. He's been very blasted off pills before, but, maybe it never got to this level. Maybe he never ended up out driving.

It's hard to gauge my level of frustration and disappointment without more context. Either way what happened was horrible. It's sad. It's disappointing. It's clearly extremely dangerous and he was downright lucky it didn't end worse.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

So how long do you guys think it will be before we hear from TW again? I give the over under at 3 months.

Way under, Steinberg will have a legal term meeting with the DA's office to plea down to a lesser charge and get this put behind them. Tiger will hold a press conference where he will read a prepared statement and leave. A few weeks later after the sponsorship fall out occurs, we will hear that he's taking time off from golf to heal and get his life in order and will not be returning to the Tour this year. 50/50 odds that he seeks some counseling for pain medications use / abuse as part of his plea deal.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

So how long do you guys think it will be before we hear from TW again? I give the over under at 3 months.

Way under, Steinberg will have a legal term meeting with the DA's office to plea down to a lesser charge and get this put behind them. Tiger will hold a press conference where he will read a prepared statement and leave. A few weeks later after the sponsorship fall out occurs, we will hear that he's taking time off from golf to heal and get his life in order and will not be returning to the Tour this year. 50/50 odds that he seeks some counseling for pain medications use / abuse as part of his plea deal.

Even if he does have a pill problem why would he publicly admit it whe he can easily claim a "bad reaction" as his behavior was somewhat common? He already made a statement, I fully expect him to stick to it at this point. Publicly admitting a drug issue will cost him even more money.